Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

GreatGreen
Jul 3, 2007
That's not what gaslighting means you hyperbolic dipshit.

Kilometers Davis posted:

y’all missed a key detail in that by the way

Any rear end in a top hat who plays in a band heavy enough to be called WITCHROT and goes with single coils deserves to have his guitar smashed and thrown in the snow.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kilometers Davis
Jul 9, 2007

They begin again

GreatGreen posted:

Any rear end in a top hat who plays in a band heavy enough to be called WITCHROT and goes with single coils deserves to have his guitar smashed and thrown in the snow.

I can play doom and death metal with my SSS Strat no problem. It sounds great!

GreatGreen
Jul 3, 2007

Kilometers Davis posted:

I can play doom and death metal with my SSS Strat no problem. It sounds great!

Malaria
Oct 21, 2017

Sunn O))) uses Les Paul's with p90s iirc.

Single coils are fine

Concatenation
Jul 23, 2005

Your human mentality cries out for vengeance and thrives on the violence you say you can hardly endure.
no they're not idiots

having trouble working out where on the awful to awesome line this sits, I'm thinking so awful it becomes awesome but I'm not sure:

Clayton Bigsby
Apr 17, 2005

Concatenation posted:

no they're not idiots

having trouble working out where on the awful to awesome line this sits, I'm thinking so awful it becomes awesome but I'm not sure:

The bad thing about those copies is that seemingly none replicate the neck on the Strandberg which is a major part of the experience.

Chrpno
Apr 17, 2006

:frog:

That strange guy
Dec 14, 2014

It's not strange if we never mention it again.

Disco De Soto posted:

Really? Did you never figure out why it was happening? Why just give it away?

I'm not 100% sure that it was plugging into the audio interface that hosed it. So weird that the amp still sounds totally fine until I crank it up past 50% volume.

Can someone explain to this stupid person why it's bad to connect the external speaker output to an audio interface? I can't find any information in my amp manual or online. But maybe that's cause I'm stupid.

Mine had been in the shop before I owned it. Was never impressed with it and didn't want to put money into it.
Gave it to a person who could use it.

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

Gringostar posted:

there needs to be a thread that's the exact opposite of this one for things like this

https://twitter.com/conortheconor/status/1067192166873583617

Hahahahahahah, holy poo poo.

Dewgy
Nov 10, 2005

~🚚special delivery~📦

s.i.r.e. posted:

Hahahahahahah, holy poo poo.

:drat:

Fair Hallion
Jul 25, 2007

:toot: :toot: :toot: :toot:

Fair Hallion fucked around with this message at 10:54 on Nov 28, 2018

Philthy
Jan 28, 2003

Pillbug
I like where this is going.

Fuck Your Website
Nov 29, 2003
FUCK YOU, AND FUCK YOUR WEBSITE
TBF 99% of bands would improve if at least one member threw their instrument in the trash, preferably more

NonzeroCircle
Apr 12, 2010

El Camino

Kilometers Davis posted:

completely unprovoked insecure crybaby from yesterday in the Wampler group

Philthy
Jan 28, 2003

Pillbug
Wonder if he uses $40k audio cables between every link.

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
Doesn't he use a weird off-shoot abomination of the Randall Preamp Modules that he had some Czech guitar dude whip up for him? Or did he decide to be sensible about that Fridge-sized rack nonsense and also joined the Digital Modeling game?

GreatGreen
Jul 3, 2007
"Hmm yes this paint color definitely sounds better than that other paint color"
- a rock musician exposed to who knows how many thousands of hours of deafening, multi-thousand watt PAs blasting away at top volume

homewrecker
Feb 18, 2010

That is probably one of the least nutty things that Corgan has said in a while.

Dementropy
Aug 23, 2010

And painting racing stripes on my guitar helps me with my speed drills.

BonHair
Apr 28, 2007

Somehow though, I doubt that the best sounds come from like a soft pink or light yellow. It would be cool if the guy owned up to his idiocy and played ugly as gently caress colours for the tone.

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN
They make guitars in colors other than black?

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

Spanish Manlove posted:

They make guitars in colors other than black?
Only once in a blue moon if you're lefty. :negative:

BonHair
Apr 28, 2007

Wark Say posted:

Only once in a blue moon if you're lefty. :negative:

Good parenting is normally being supportive of left-handedness, but in the case of musical instruments, just don't. You need to be good with both hands anyways, hand dominance is next to irrelevant, and everything is so much easier if you just go right-handed. I've never heard real complaints from lefties playing righty guitars, but plenty from lefties with lefty guitars. And don't get me started on leftie drummers. That is a pain in changeover.

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN
Aside from double kick pedals, what special hardware do you need for a lefty kit?

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

BonHair posted:

Good parenting is normally being supportive of left-handedness, but in the case of musical instruments, just don't. You need to be good with both hands anyways, hand dominance is next to irrelevant, and everything is so much easier if you just go right-handed. I've never heard real complaints from lefties playing righty guitars, but plenty from lefties with lefty guitars. And don't get me started on leftie drummers. That is a pain in changeover.
I feel like you had good intentions, but this whole post just kinda reads more than a bit cringy.

BonHair
Apr 28, 2007

Spanish Manlove posted:

Aside from double kick pedals, what special hardware do you need for a lefty kit?

None, you just reverse everything. Which, if you're playing small gigs sharing a kit, makes changovers take way longer than needed.

I'm probably being a dork about it though.

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
That is indeed time consuming and annoying. The drummer from my first band is also lefty, but actually arranges it like a righty.

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN

BonHair posted:

None, you just reverse everything. Which, if you're playing small gigs sharing a kit, makes changovers take way longer than needed.

I'm probably being a dork about it though.

Oh duh forgot about the kit sharing thing.

I like Vektor's old drummer's kit that was like perfectly symmetrical. Left to right it's like:
Crash, ride, high hat, space for snare, high hat, ride, China
Over
Floor Tom, snare, floor Tom

Chalupa Joe
Mar 4, 2007

BonHair posted:

Good parenting is normally being supportive of left-handedness, but :bahgawd:

I started out playing right handed, and switching to playing lefty after a few months of struggle instantly felt more normal to me and was a heck of a lot easier in that it didn't feel like having to constantly fight the instrument.

Presumably this isn't a real complaint from a lefty having to play right-handed though, compared to the "plenty" of lefty complaints which from experience start and end at "we don't want poo poo either" and "some more colours would be nice", you rightist twat.

Jonny Nox
Apr 26, 2008

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/synthwatch/audioweld-synthwatch-worlds-first-wristwatch-synth

Danyull
Jan 16, 2011

I'm left handed and in 10 or so years of playing have never once even tried a left handed guitar. My left hand has always been better at finer movements like writing while my right arm is stronger, so it's always made sense to me for the left to be the one moving around to hit frets. If anything I feel like it should be the other way around for right handed people :shrug:

Danyull fucked around with this message at 21:32 on Nov 29, 2018

Krustic
Mar 28, 2010

Everything I say draws controversy. It's kinda like the abortion issue.

Why does it cost a fortune yet look like a dollar store toy watch? Why doesn’t the pitch video include any sound demos or dive into the interface? Why is a synth watch any better or more convenient than one of the many synth apps available on most smartphones for way way less money? It’s all so very stupid. Nice find. 👍

Clayton Bigsby
Apr 17, 2005

Mmmm, if there only was some sort of device not requiring cables or a power supply, maybe with a touch sensitive surface, that you could carry with you wherever you go...

BonHair
Apr 28, 2007

Beside being an angry one man about lefties, I remembered my weirdest lefty experience. A guy I played a show with played left-handed guitar, but kept making weird shapes in what sounded like standard metal power chord places. Turns out he learned playing with a right handed guitar, but with his right hand fretting, without restringing it. It worked for him though, it just looked weird, especially in solos...

Chalupa Joe
Mar 4, 2007
Is that playing LH, but strung upside down? Yeah that is weird, although Albert King, Dick Dale and Scott Reeder (bass player for The Obsessed/Kyuss/Other bands) play that way... Kurt Cobain, Jimi, Paul McCartney, Tony Iommi, and a bunch of others who all seem to play in doom bands play mirrored, Billy Corgan is a traitor to the cause plays right-handed.

Whatever works for the player is cool and good. :v:

NonzeroCircle
Apr 12, 2010

El Camino
I'm left handed but play guitar right handed.
I have to have drums set up lefty though.

Fuck Your Website
Nov 29, 2003
FUCK YOU, AND FUCK YOUR WEBSITE

quote:

Since ancient times music has been part of human life, being a method of self expression and communication. Rooted in instincts, music allows people to forget about their daily routine and connect themselves with the spiritual and the subconscious.

Cool story bro, now tell me why anyone would ever pay over $550 for your bulky, ugly as gently caress trinket

Edit: wonder what the lefty version will cost

Fuck Your Website fucked around with this message at 23:30 on Nov 29, 2018

Jonny Nox
Apr 26, 2008

NonzeroCircle posted:

I'm left handed but play guitar right handed.
I have to have drums set up lefty though.

I do so many things right handed, I'm beginning to wonder if I'm actually left handed after all!

Lester Shy
May 1, 2002

Goodness no, now that wouldn't do at all!
I understand taking a right handed guitar and stringing it backwards if you're left handed, but I cannot wrap my head around just flipping the guitar over and playing like that.

It sort of makes sense for playing lead. Albert King was able to get all of those insane 2 whole step bends because of that (he also tuned down to something wacky like CFCFAD) but anything with chords must be a total pain in the rear end. I think the guy from the Ataris played that way too.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kjetting
Jan 18, 2004

Hammer Time

Clayton Bigsby posted:

Mmmm, if there only was some sort of device not requiring cables or a power supply, maybe with a touch sensitive surface, that you could carry with you wherever you go...

There's even a smartphone app for it and several pictures of smartphones on the kickstarter page, so they HAVE to be aware of their existence.
This is like buying a rotary dial gadget that lets you dial numbers as on a rotary phone.

(I don't even need to google to know that this already exists)