Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Edward Mass
Sep 14, 2011

𝅘𝅥𝅮 I wanna go home with the armadillo
Good country music from Amarillo and Abilene
Friendliest people and the prettiest women you've ever seen
𝅘𝅥𝅮
Have they announced December’s Special Research Pokémon yet?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Crosspeice
Aug 9, 2013

Yes, actually.

Willsun
Dec 9, 2006

I willed too hard again...
My main goals for the weekend in order of importance:

1. Larvitar candy
2. Dratini candy and at least one shiny Dratini (unluckily never got one on its community day)
3. Just more shiny Eevee

NZAmoeba posted:

They also seem to have promoted a bunch of gyms to ex-raid gyms. In my area, two that were demoted a couple months ago are suddenly ex eligible again, and a newly created gym (after one was removed from an elementary school) has been promoted today also. Check your local gyms!

Same thing happened here. People are currently checking to see if any otherwise never-been-EX gyms got EX eligibility. So far it's just ones that got it taken away got reinstated. We did also get a new gym added in town out of nowhere.

Edward Mass
Sep 14, 2011

𝅘𝅥𝅮 I wanna go home with the armadillo
Good country music from Amarillo and Abilene
Friendliest people and the prettiest women you've ever seen
𝅘𝅥𝅮
Oh.

That’s a bit disappointing.

Noxville
Dec 7, 2003

Crosspeice posted:

Yes, actually.

On top of the recycled community day too? :effort:

OgreNoah
Nov 18, 2003

Noxville posted:

On top of the recycled community day too? :effort:

I get it, for those of us who have been back for almost the entire year (I returned for Dratini day, missed bulbasaur day and only go to catch two mareeps but have been back for everything else), it's not the most exciting thing in the world. But a ton of people have only been back for like, 3 months, and they missed the birds and probably some of the beasts. This is a good move for retention of new players, and they know that longer term players aren't going to stop playing anyway.

Edit: Also take into account that it's winter in the northern hemisphere and if they were releasing amazing things a lot of people would be salty because of the weather.

OgreNoah fucked around with this message at 22:23 on Nov 29, 2018

Yukari
Feb 17, 2011

"That's going in the cringe reel for sure."

The only problem I have with it is that you can random into ones you already have anyways, but as someone who missed out on all 3 birds, and only has a single Raikou/Entei, this is pretty good for me.

FistEnergy
Nov 3, 2000

DAY CREW: WORKING HARD

Fun Shoe
This is Good because the birbs are cool and my alt never caught Articuno

Willsun
Dec 9, 2006

I both agree that the December stuff is both :effort: but also a second/last chance for catchup as well as not scheduling something super important during the holidays when people are busy with end-of-year family/school/work obligations.

Imagine if they did Ralts community day on Sunday, December 15th when people are doing finals, scheduled to cover peak shopping times, finishing projects before Christmas shutdown, or preparing to fly/drive home.

quite stretched out
Feb 17, 2011

the chillest
i started playing at the end of october and got a single chance at suicine, and i have friends who started playing a day later whose only research task pokemon has been loving shedinja, so i think they will also be pretty stoked to have a shot at those, plus all the community weekend pokemon that we've missed (i think so far the only ones ive had are beldum and cyndaquil?)

Pez
Feb 28, 2002

Thanks to CoX, my stairs will be protected forever!
I don't mind the recycled community Day because I missed about four of them before I started playing again. Looking forward to shiny Bulbasaur and Dratini. And I better freaking getting them because I didn't get a Sinnoh stone today with my research :(

SuperKlaus
Oct 20, 2005

Fun Shoe
Yeah my break from this game meant missing the community day for my original homeboy best bud Bulbasaur, besides several others. I also narrowly made it to get a research Articuno and it's not high IV so I'd love another. I approve of these events very much.

Some of my Pokemon have little orange badges stating their date of capture now. Why?

SuperKlaus fucked around with this message at 23:34 on Nov 29, 2018

FistEnergy
Nov 3, 2000

Fun Shoe
It's too let you know that they're Old School and maybe have a greater chance to be a Lucky trade

BGrifter
Mar 16, 2007

Winner of Something Awful PS5 thread's Posting Excellence Award June 2022

Congratulations!
Well it’s better then Shedinja. :shrug:

I’d love a Zapdos and Articuno to finish the ones I’m missing. Instead I’ll get four Moltres cause I was back for that community day.

Loser_Rex
Apr 14, 2006

Spidercock? Here?
Was hoping for Lati@s because I've never gotten a Latias. Darnit.

AzureSkye
Mar 4, 2010
I have at least one all of those expect Moltres, who I missed the research for and had to entertain guests on it's raid day. Naturally this means that I'll end up with four suicune.

Beachcomber
May 21, 2007

Another day in paradise.

Slippery Tilde
Any London peeps have any advice on where to go for the 3-hour part of community day?

FistEnergy
Nov 3, 2000

Fun Shoe

Loser_Rex posted:

Was hoping for Lati@s because I've never gotten a Latias. Darnit.

I still need that plus Kyogre and Rayquaza. Someday....

Butterfly Valley
Apr 19, 2007

I am a spectacularly bad poster and everyone in the Schadenfreude thread hates my guts.
So is it gonna be a random choice from those legendaries each 7th day?

kensei
Dec 27, 2007

He has come home, where he belongs. The Ancient Mariner returns to lead his first team to glory, forever and ever. Amen!

Caught Deoxys number 7 today, finally trashed a bunch of them because they were under 90IV. Can't wait for another EX boss rotation.

Samuel L. Hacksaw
Mar 26, 2007

Never Stop Posting
Is the community day weekend starting at 1pm est tomorrow for NA?

Crosspeice
Aug 9, 2013

https://twitter.com/niantichelp/status/1068308950217621504?s=21

No one's reported other evolution items in the Breakthrough pool and I really, REALLY hope they're not, since I have too many of the useless things.

Louisgod
Sep 25, 2003

Always Watching
Bread Liar
I still need a Deoxys, hope to find somebody that'll trade their to me, or I may just wait until they make their way to 5* gyms.

Loser_Rex
Apr 14, 2006

Spidercock? Here?

Louisgod posted:

I still need a Deoxys, hope to find somebody that'll trade their to me, or I may just wait until they make their way to 5* gyms.

They can’t be traded. :|

Louisgod
Sep 25, 2003

Always Watching
Bread Liar

Loser_Rex posted:

They can’t be traded. :|

Huh, yet Mewtwo can, did that change when it got knocked down to 5* raid status?

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

eVeN I KnOw wHaT CoRnEr gAs iS
I think they made the change since trading is in the game now and they still want EX invites/rewards to be "special"

mewtwo was an EX boss long before trading was a thing so maybe they just didn't think of it then. My hope is that as they rotate deoxys forms each old one becomes tradeable and only the current EX form stays mythic.

CROWS EVERYWHERE
Dec 17, 2012

CAW CAW CAW

Dinosaur Gum

Louisgod posted:

Huh, yet Mewtwo can, did that change when it got knocked down to 5* raid status?

Mewtwo is legendary. Deoxys is mythical. Legendaries can be traded, mythicals can't.

Willsun
Dec 9, 2006

Crosspeice posted:

https://twitter.com/niantichelp/status/1068308950217621504?s=21

No one's reported other evolution items in the Breakthrough pool and I really, REALLY hope they're not, since I have too many of the useless things.

The wording on that is real weird because they said the Sinnoh Stone is joining other evolution items as if other evolution items have already been the rewards for Research Breakthroughs before, which they haven't. It would make more sense if they said the Sinnoh Stone is joining other evolution items as daily Pokestop 7th day spin rewards if they're pushing it out of Research Breakthroughs altogether and we can find Sinnoh Stones the same ways as the other items come out normally.

Bad end: Sinnoh Stone now has an even slimmer chance being found in Research Breakthroughs (7th day) because they polluted the pool of rewards with King's Rock/Dragon Scale/Up-Grade/Metal Coat/Sun Rock as if we needed more of those.

Good end: Sinnoh Stone isn't in Research Breakthrough anymore, but can be gotten via 7th day spin as well as random drops on stops in general and gifts, just like all the other evolution items.

FistEnergy
Nov 3, 2000

Fun Shoe

Samuel L. Hacksaw posted:

Is the community day weekend starting at 1pm est tomorrow for NA?

4pm EST tomorrow

runawayturtles
Aug 2, 2004
Guess I was one of the few who only got 1 sinnoh stone. Great. A few pinaps this week is just as good, right?

Shit Fuckasaurus
Oct 14, 2005

i think right angles might be an abomination against nature you guys
Lipstick Apathy

TheEye posted:

Guess I was one of the few who only got 1 sinnoh stone. Great. A few pinaps this week is just as good, right?

I suck about doing my dailies so I only got one also. High five.

CROWS EVERYWHERE
Dec 17, 2012

CAW CAW CAW

Dinosaur Gum
I got two so working as intended imho and Niantic doesn't need to fix anything :smug:

AirRaid
Dec 21, 2004

Nose Manual + Super Sonic Spin Attack
Haven't seen this posted here yet, confirmation about Shiny rates over the weekend

Ballz
Dec 16, 2003

it's mario time

I think we’re in store for something else, too...

https://twitter.com/pokemongoapp/status/1068489886318174208?s=21

Ballz
Dec 16, 2003

it's mario time

https://twitter.com/pokemongoapp/status/1068505004569489410?s=21

Kecleon????

FistEnergy
Nov 3, 2000

Fun Shoe
idgi :confused:

tangy yet delightful
Sep 13, 2005

FistEnergy posted:

It's too let you know that they're Old School and maybe have a greater chance to be a Lucky trade

It looks like anything from 2017 or older counts. I think before the thought was they needed to be from 2016 so this is good.

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes
https://twitter.com/PokemonGoApp/status/1068520102591516674

it's pvp

FistEnergy
Nov 3, 2000

Fun Shoe
Yeah it's pvp. I never interact with anyone else unless it's an EX Raid or Tier 5 Raid so I don't know how to feel about this. Hopefully my alt and I can battle and cheese the system

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pez
Feb 28, 2002

Thanks to CoX, my stairs will be protected forever!

TheEye posted:

No I didn't get one for this week's research either. I better see extra shinies this weekend :(