Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Kith
Sep 17, 2009

You never learn anything
by doing it right.

appropriatemetaphor posted:

Err so a lot of people don't know Fenix is a good solo laner? Was doing some solo TL and got told Fenix is bad in lane and also Johanna is "arguably" the worst tank in the game :psyduck:

Fenix is one of the best solo laners in HOTS. What the gently caress?

Also the only thing that Johanna is bad at is generating picks - everything else she's loving stellar at.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kai Tave
Jul 2, 2012
Fallen Rib

Kith posted:

Fenix is one of the best solo laners in HOTS. What the gently caress?

Also the only thing that Johanna is bad at is generating picks - everything else she's loving stellar at.

Yeah, Johanna doesn't have the displacement of a Garrosh or Stitches or the multiple forms of hard CC of a Malganis, but that she's able to A). neuter any sort of autoattacker and B). can make herself totally immune to all forms of CC on a reasonably decent cooldown makes her a rock solid anchor, and the fact that she buffs Cassia's damage output is like the cherry on top. Even if you discount Chen from the list as being too much of a gimme there's no way she's one of the worst tanks.

Honestly, with Malganis and Chen being outliers, I'd say tanks are the role with the best across-the-board balance at the moment. There isn't one I can think of to point to and go "yeah that dude sucks." If you expand the list to all warriors including bruisers then I'd say D.Va isn't that great at the moment but that's about it?

appropriatemetaphor
Jan 26, 2006

For Orphea is CHOMP CHOMP still the goto build despite the nerf? I've been going straight E build, haven't tried the newly buffed Q though.

Kai Tave
Jul 2, 2012
Fallen Rib

appropriatemetaphor posted:

For Orphea is CHOMP CHOMP still the goto build despite the nerf? I've been going straight E build, haven't tried the newly buffed Q though.

The only thing that's massively different is her 16 talent choice since she can't get double chomps anymore, so probably. Even with a 70 second cooldown crushing jaws is just as obnoxious to play into as it was before.

Relin
Oct 6, 2002

You have been a most worthy adversary, but in every game, there are winners and there are losers. And as you know, in this game, losers get robotizicized!
didnt they JUST update the matchmaking in QM? why am i still getting teams with 2 supports. i never win with 2 supports.

Nybble
Jun 28, 2008

praise chuck, raise heck
That Sylvanas rework feels like they’ve made her even worse? Hopefully she’s getting a massive damage boost, because otherwise IDK

Charles Bukowski
Aug 26, 2003

Taskmaster 2023 Second Place Winner

Grimey Drawer

Relin posted:

didnt they JUST update the matchmaking in QM? why am i still getting teams with 2 supports. i never win with 2 supports.

QM matchmaker was broken as hell yesterday for me.

skipThings
May 21, 2007

Tell me more about this
"Wireless fun-adaptor" you were speaking of.

Nybble posted:

That Sylvanas rework feels like they’ve made her even worse? Hopefully she’s getting a massive damage boost, because otherwise IDK

Maybe it's the new extra XP system

Kith
Sep 17, 2009

You never learn anything
by doing it right.

The Sylvanas Rework sounds like an intern's work. It's lacking the proverbial "finish" that most designs coming out of Blizzard have, which is really strange given how many reworks they've utterly nailed in the past.

Froghammer
Sep 8, 2012

Khajit has wares
if you have coin
Looks like she's gone from being a mage to a marksman, which is fitting because she has a bow and her kit was always janky to begin with

fool of sound
Oct 10, 2012
Yeah the Sylvanas rework looks badly unpolished. I dunno.

BattleHamster
Mar 18, 2009

Relin posted:

Got a QM match team comp yesterday on Warhead Junction that was Sylv (me), Diablo, Murky, Uther, and Tass.

Enemy team was Lunara, Hammer, Orphea, Morales, and Mal'Ganis

Unsurprisingly we lost because we had zero damage, zero synergy, and were versus a enemy team we couldn't hope to counter, but that didn't stop the murky from blaming everyone else for "not contesting the objectives".

fool of sound
Oct 10, 2012
Stop playing quick match it's terrible and has the worst and most miserable players.

ToastyPotato
Jun 23, 2005

CONVICTED OF DISPLAYING HIS PEANUTS IN PUBLIC

BattleHamster posted:

Got a QM match team comp yesterday on Warhead Junction that was Sylv (me), Diablo, Murky, Uther, and Tass.

Enemy team was Lunara, Hammer, Orphea, Morales, and Mal'Ganis

Unsurprisingly we lost because we had zero damage, zero synergy, and were versus a enemy team we couldn't hope to counter, but that didn't stop the murky from blaming everyone else for "not contesting the objectives".

Yeah the problem with the MM is less the concept and more that Blizzard doesn't actually balance heroes so the MM just picks people based on role tags.

The fact of the matter is, there are only two ways to make the MM work, and neither Blizzard nor the player base (it seems) are particularly interested in either one. Either Blizz has to be better at defining the roles and make sure that heroes within the roles actually fit them and are fair choices, OR, since QM queues are longer now anyway, they could just introduce role queuing as an alternative to character queuing, which would throw those players into a brawl style lobby where they could select their character from the role they queued along side the other role queue players on their team. If anything, the queue might pop quicker that way, since instead of trying to match characters to teams (with some being more popular and having longer waits) you'd be just matching roles to teams and letting them figure out their picks then.

But last time I suggested something like that people were all on about how that's too slow for QM. Well, enjoy your long queues and still pretty bad comps then I guess.

fool_of_sound posted:

Stop playing quick match it's terrible and has the worst and most miserable players.

I have actually started playing UD since most of my characters are 5 already and I am not worried about leveling for that easy 500 gold as much. Next season I might try out ranked, assuming ranked is updated next season to the new system. I might dabble this season, but I dunno yet.

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!
https://twitter.com/BlizzHeroes/status/1068565328089640960

Is that... Stitches

ToastyPotato
Jun 23, 2005

Is that also Mephisto and Alex on the box art?

Rabbi Tupac
Jan 1, 2010

Heroes of the Storm
Goon Tournament Champion

ToastyPotato posted:

Is that also Mephisto and Alex on the box art?

Looks like Butcher, has a big ol meat on that belly.

ToastyPotato
Jun 23, 2005

I should have actually clicked it to zoom.

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I can't believe they're gonna make Butcher and Mephisto look good finally

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

HA! HA! NICE! WHAT A TOOL!
...why does it feel so right.

That teaser image is beautifully done. i am teased.

Mierenneuker
Apr 28, 2010

We're all going to experience changes in our life but only the best of us will qualify for front row seats.

No Wave posted:

...why does it feel so right.

That teaser image is beautifully done. i am teased.

Yeah. I can almost hear that song Valve licensed for Meet The Pyro looking at it

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y23WN9t_WVU

Elysium
Aug 21, 2003
It is by will alone I set my mind in motion.
I've found the new QM comps to be fine for the most part, but it does seem to have done something to the player quality matchmaking (for the worse).

QM is still the best mode because 98% of the time I just want to play the hero I want to play. That's why I'm loading up the game, to play that hero. Telling someone to go play ranked completely defeats that purpose.

Ronnie
May 13, 2009

Just in case.
Oh yes! I am all about Care Bears/Rainbow Brite parody's!

Give me that faux child hood nostalgia, just like the Toy Story, Lots-o Huggin'' bear commercials.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z6dZtNYGlLM

栄光の日本版を忘れることはありません
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v5ZwkcHCVkE

Colour me interested!

Cephas
May 11, 2009

Humanity's real enemy is me!
Hya hya foowah!
I just see Sylvanas's current design and can't help but think that they should just give her the Dark Ranger's loadout from WC3 instead. Skeleton-spawning arrows, a targeted leech life beam, and a skill shot silence would be fun. The only move I really like is her teleporting move, and even that isn't like, super flavorful or anything, it just feels like one of the more well-designed escape moves in the game.

I might be a weirdo who just wants to be able to play WC3 on HoTS

HitTheTargets
Mar 3, 2006

I came here to laugh at you.
If that is a Stitches skin, it'll undoubtably debut with his rework. So maybe Sylvanas will get one too?

Shadowlyger
Nov 5, 2009

ElvUI super fan at your service!

Ask me any and all questions about UI customization via PM
EDIT: bleh

Shadowlyger fucked around with this message at 06:55 on Dec 2, 2018

Mierenneuker
Apr 28, 2010

We're all going to experience changes in our life but only the best of us will qualify for front row seats.

I would have loved a series of Care Bears skins, but it seems they are going for a toy theme.

https://twitter.com/BlizzHeroes/status/1068927718513872896

Kith
Sep 17, 2009

You never learn anything
by doing it right.

I don't see anything different from normal Dehaka

Mierenneuker
Apr 28, 2010

He seems smoother. Like a shark.

Edit: I would love it if he has wobbly animations, but I’m guessing this is a rare/epic skin.

Mierenneuker fucked around with this message at 13:43 on Dec 2, 2018

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

https://twitter.com/BlizzHeroes/status/1069290107604254725

meh

Erdricks
Sep 8, 2005

There's nothing refreshing like a sauna!
As a Valeera abuser, I am actually happy to have a power ranger / mecha skin for her.

Kith
Sep 17, 2009

You never learn anything
by doing it right.

I'm not sure if I want the actual in-game skin(s) to have ball joints or not. On one hand, it'd be more faithful to the source material. On the other hand, I hate the aesthetic of ball joints.

Bogart
Apr 12, 2010

by VideoGames
i Want too see valeera's balls

Machai
Feb 21, 2013

What if these aren't skins but actual physical toys and they never add those skins to the game?

Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

What's with the eh... bretonnian dance, sir?

Valeera has enough skins blizzard.

ShortStack
Jan 16, 2006

tinystax
Need some good Thrall skins please.

Cheap Trick
Jan 4, 2007

Machai posted:

What if these aren't skins but actual physical toys and they never add those skins to the game?

What if they both exist, but the only way to get the skins is to buy the toys which come with redemption codes?

Kith
Sep 17, 2009

You never learn anything
by doing it right.

PTR Patch Notes are out, as is a disgustingly cute trailer for the Toy event.

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

HA! HA! NICE! WHAT A TOOL!
They kept fishing hook on stitches. Seems very strange given the other changes but I guess they knew there'd be some unhappy players otherwise (and it doesnt seem to overperform at most levels of play anyways).

Slam build stitches got murdered though ofc.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kith
Sep 17, 2009

You never learn anything
by doing it right.

I might become a Stitches player after these changes, holy gently caress. These talents are amazing.