Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Inferior Third Season
Jan 15, 2005

Skippy McPants posted:

It's sobering that even during the worst economic downturn since the Great Depression, the majority of America still wasn't ready to embrace economic populism and accept that the capital class was robbing them left, right, and sideways. Even for those that did acknowledge it, many still clung to the mantle of the embarrassed millionaire, convinced that if they just worked hard enough they could win at a rigged game.
Human psychology is much more concerned with not being last than it is being first. Last-place aversion means that those in the middle focus their attention on making sure somebody is beneath them rather than worrying about the ones above them.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Guze
Oct 10, 2007

Regular Human Bartender

Thank You Kanye, very legal and very cool!

Pasty Doughboy
Dec 23, 2006
With red way hair. One day it will all be gone, I’ll go blind from the glare
Holy poo poo, this is the narcissists prayer, defined.

I deny anything to do with Russia.
And if I did do it, it was legal.
And if was illegal, I only did it lightly.
And if it did happen, it was low level staffers and people I don’t talk to, like my son and campaign manager.
And besides, of it was so bad, why didn’t Obama stop me doing it?
MAGA

Pasty Doughboy fucked around with this message at 12:24 on Nov 30, 2018

Eggplant Squire
Aug 14, 2003

CubanMissile posted:

Just watched a Mastercard commercial where a woman on hidden camera thought she was getting fired for taking a day off, then started crying because MC gave her a real vacation. This country sucks.

This is worse than that car commercial where the guy said America was great since we don't take time off from work like those lazy Europeans.

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018

Pasty Doughboy posted:

Holy poo poo, this is the narcissists prayer, defined.

I deny anything to do with Russia.
And if I did do it, it was very legal and very cool.
And if was illegal, I only did it lightly.
And if it did happen, it was low level staffers and people I don’t talk to, like my son and campaign manager.
And besides, of it was so bad, why didn’t Obama stop me doing it?
MAGA

Ftfy.

dispatch_async
Nov 28, 2014

Imagine having the time to have played through 20 generations of one family in The Sims 2. Imagine making the original two members of that family Neil Buchanan and Cat Deeley. Imagine complaining to Maxis there was no technological progression. You've successfully imagined my life

Radish posted:

This is worse than that car commercial where the guy said America was great since we don't take time off from work like those lazy Europeans.

Looked this up again and the guy is even more punchable than I remembered
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xNzXze5Yza8

I'm not sure anything will ever top the blatant gently caress you of the 'Sixteen Tons' GE coal ad though
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q6ueDHn2HTk

Skippy McPants
Mar 19, 2009

dispatch_async posted:

Buck Compton, nooooooo!

Sarcastr0
May 29, 2013

WON'T SOMEBODY PLEASE THINK OF THE BILLIONAIRES ?!?!?
https://twitter.com/chunkled/status/1068137230370308096?s=21

Condiv
May 7, 2008

Sorry to undo the effort of paying a domestic abuser $10 to own this poster, but I am going to lose my dang mind if I keep seeing multiple posters who appear to be Baloogan.

With love,
a mod

Marc Lamont, the guy whose tweets LightningKnight was posting, was fired from CNN for "anti-semitism"

sorry the article is by glenn greenwald. hopefully some of you can resist leaping to condemn marc lamont even though greenwald is going to bat for him

funeral home DJ
Apr 21, 2003

Pillbug

Condiv posted:

nah, he campaigned on a public option and then chose not to pursue it

While everything else in your quote is more or less true, I was under the impression that we had Joe Manchin to thank for the death of the public option, as they couldn’t get him to vote yes on an ACA with the option.

Also I’m pretty sure a few folks I know would be dead without the ACA’s pre-existing conditions clause so I hardly fault Obama for a flawed but ultimately good bill. :colbert:

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Nah it's bullshit. CNN can suck a gently caress

Jealous Cow
Apr 4, 2002

by Fluffdaddy

This feels like the prelude to his resignation.

“I was going to be President Deals and MAGA but YOU PEOPLE don’t understand and are jealous that I’m so good with deals so I’m going back to my gold plated penthouse to do more DEALS!”

Herstory Begins Now
Aug 5, 2003
SOME REALLY TEDIOUS DUMB SHIT THAT SUCKS ASS TO READ ->>
Yeah that reads like Trump's, "I am not a crook"

Horseshoe theory
Mar 7, 2005

Ripoff posted:

While everything else in your quote is more or less true, I was under the impression that we had Joe Manchin to thank for the death of the public option, as they couldn’t get him to vote yes on an ACA with the option.

Manchin wasn't Senator until November 2010, whereas the PPACA passed in March 2010.

Fritz Coldcockin
Nov 7, 2005

Horseshoe theory posted:

Manchin wasn't Senator until November 2010, whereas the PPACA passed in March 2010.

It's Joe Lieberman we have to thank for the death of the public option in the Senate bill, not Manchin.

reignonyourparade
Nov 15, 2012

Condiv posted:

Marc Lamont, the guy whose tweets LightningKnight was posting, was fired from CNN for "anti-semitism"

sorry the article is by glenn greenwald. hopefully some of you can resist leaping to condemn marc lamont even though greenwald is going to bat for him

Cnn poo poo, mark lamont okay, greenwald unreasonably hated by goons, but that specific article full of poo poo seeing seeing as consequences for anything less than fullthroated support of israel have been a thing far far longer than call-out culture has been around.

Meatball
Mar 2, 2003

That's a Spicy Meatball

Pillbug

Beefeater1980 posted:

How is this man so endlessly quotable? Very Legal & Very Cool is just an amazing thing to have on your political tombstone.

That's the name of the 36 hour movie about this.

Very legal and very cool: the story of the Donald trump presidency.

Terror Sweat
Mar 15, 2009

Ripoff posted:

Also I’m pretty sure a few folks I know would be dead without the ACA’s pre-existing conditions clause so I hardly fault Obama for a flawed but ultimately good bill. :colbert:

"gently caress you, got mine?"

Kavros
May 18, 2011

sleep sleep sleep
fly fly post post
sleep sleep sleep
At this point you could make Trump's tweets into a character on the Magical World of Gumball. It's a muppet corncob that constantly gets owned and rolled from one scene to the next, always angrily yelling about how everything's going legal & cool and that anyone who doubted him must really be embarrassed now, as one of the other characters dunks him in front of the bus and he gets launched off into the sunset or something.

Sarcastr0
May 29, 2013

WON'T SOMEBODY PLEASE THINK OF THE BILLIONAIRES ?!?!?
https://twitter.com/mikedrucker/status/1068479368022892544?s=21

Liquid Communism
Mar 9, 2004

коммунизм хранится в яичках

Your Taint posted:

If a Trump family member gets indicted tomorrow, $20 to Doctors without Borders. :toxx:

:toxx: $100 to RAINN if a Trump (or Kushner) gets indicted today. :gritin:

ewiley
Jul 9, 2003

More trash for the trash fire

dispatch_async posted:

I'm most mad that he buttons both buttons on his coat. What kind of animal does that?

Herstory Begins Now
Aug 5, 2003

Liquid Communism posted:

:toxx: $100 to RAINN if a Trump (or Kushner) gets indicted today. :gritin:

fuckit same

Pollyanna
Mar 5, 2005

Milk's on them.

When did we get to thinking indictments were coming tonight?

funeral home DJ
Apr 21, 2003

Pillbug

Fritz Coldcockin posted:

It's Joe Lieberman we have to thank for the death of the public option in the Senate bill, not Manchin.

Goddamnit I’m sorry, that’s correct. Let me offer my apologies to Manchin: you’re a slime ball, just not the biggest slime ball.

Fritz Coldcockin
Nov 7, 2005

Pollyanna posted:

It's Grand Jury Friday and we've just been treated to a week full of Mueller news again.

Eggplant Squire
Aug 14, 2003

AlBorlantern Corps posted:

Nah it's bullshit. CNN can suck a gently caress

People shouldn't lose sight of the fact that just because Trump hates them, it doesn't mean that CNN (like all cable news) isn't garbage. It deserves no respect.

funeral home DJ
Apr 21, 2003

Pillbug

Radish posted:

People shouldn't lose sight of the fact that just because Trump hates them, it doesn't mean that CNN (like all cable news) isn't garbage. It deserves no respect.

I had one of those dumb cable streaming packages that automatically included the 24-hour news networks and boy howdy did I feel like a shitbag for having even a cent of my subscription fees go to Fox News and CNN. Jesus, they’re terrible.

Also, I :toxx: for the Trump family indictment thing today, I’ll do $10 to RAINN and $10 to MSF (the cool name for Doctors Without Borders, ya’ll should use it) if they get one of those scumbags.

Edit: to clarify, that’s anybody in the Trump family.

funeral home DJ fucked around with this message at 13:52 on Nov 30, 2018

Kavros
May 18, 2011

sleep sleep sleep
fly fly post post
sleep sleep sleep

Pollyanna posted:

The finality of the things conspiratorially dropped in a timeframe immediately relevant to Trump's written testimonial, along with the incidental nature of this Friday, and all that.

It's no sure thing, and I'd have been almost certain that "the day where trump truly became ex-presidential" would be coming more or less after the Democrats controlled the house committees, but it's not like this timeline is under any obligation to make sense, after all.

Liquid Communism
Mar 9, 2004

коммунизм хранится в яичках
If Trump gets perp walked across the South Lawn I may do myself harm from laughter.

Fritz Coldcockin
Nov 7, 2005

Radish posted:

This is what's so hilarious to me. No one on our side of the aisle likes CNN either; only difference is we've hated them for longer because they've spent so much time kissing right-wing rear end. Now, just because they don't do it to the degree Fox does, all of a sudden they have become the Liberal Fake News. Before I deleted my Facebook account, every chud I argued with would always default to "HURRRRRR YOU STUPID LIBS GET ALL YOUR NEWS FROM FAKE NEWS CNN!!!"

I just don't get it.

sean10mm
Jun 29, 2005

It's a Mad, Mad, Mad, MAD-2R World

Liquid Communism posted:

If Trump gets perp walked across the South Lawn I may do myself harm from laughter.

Honestly even if just his family gets indicted I might laugh myself to literal death.

CubanMissile
Apr 22, 2003

Of Hulks and Spider-Men

ewiley posted:

I'm most mad that he buttons both buttons on his coat. What kind of animal does that?

I like the comments being filled with wall to wall people that think if you work hard you get all this poo poo, despite none of them actually having super nice houses and Cadillacs. Then they tell all the Europeans to suck it even though you'd be a fool to take 99% of modern Cadillacs over a German or Italian luxury car.

Fritz Coldcockin
Nov 7, 2005

sean10mm posted:

Honestly even if just his family gets indicted I might laugh myself to literal death.

If Don Jr or Kushner get indicted today I have a feeling that a lot of people will end up with Joker Gas Syndrome.

Herstory Begins Now
Aug 5, 2003
Just imagine the angry tweetstorm if Ivanka was indicted

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Herstory Begins Now posted:

Tiffany suddenly was always his favorite daughter.

Chef Boyardeez Nuts
Sep 9, 2011

The more you kick against the pricks, the more you suffer.
Well its probably for the best that he has a busy schedule for today and won't just be locked away in a hotel room watching Fox and tweeting.

Edit; strap in you old binch

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

The blue glow is a feature, not a bug

Pillbug

FizFashizzle posted:

Tiffany suddenly was always his favorite daughter.

This is what I think would happen. He'll just double down and deny, or completely sever to protect himself.

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

https://twitter.com/washingtonpost/status/1068486315145134080

Trump, desperate to change the narrative, just did this, and christ knows what he gave up to get a news cycle change.

Also this is subject to congressional approval so trump can suffer the withering defeat of all the states rejecting his giveaway.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fritz Coldcockin
Nov 7, 2005

Herstory Begins Now posted:

"Who? I never spoke to her. Don't know her very well, she used to bring us coffee."