Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
This is from the G20 lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Is he on his phone?

baka kaba
Jul 19, 2003

PLEASE ASK ME, THE SELF-PROFESSED NO #1 PAUL CATTERMOLE FAN IN THE SOMETHING AWFUL S-CLUB 7 MEGATHREAD, TO NAME A SINGLE SONG BY HIS EXCELLENT NU-METAL SIDE PROJECT, SKUA, AND IF I CAN'T PLEASE TELL ME TO
EAT SHIT

What is it?

lol at how quickly that staffer appeared, obviously knew he was gonna do it again

NotJustANumber99
Feb 15, 2012

somehow that last av was even worse than your posting
Its the remote for the nukes.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
It's the translation earpiece

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Can you imagine the poor translator who has to try and make trump sound intelligible.

notaspy
Mar 22, 2009

I bet he would poo poo where he stands if he thought he could get away with it.

Spuckuk
Aug 11, 2009

Being a bastard works

Failed Imagineer posted:

They're good albums tho, it's not really your fault if post-rock titles suck rear end

What sucks about the title: Hurrah! Another Year, Surely This One Will Be Better Than the Last; The Inexorable March of Progress Will Lead Us All to Happiness

FiftySeven
Jan 1, 2006

I WON THE BETTING POOL ON TESSAS THIRD STUPID VOTE AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS HALF-ASSED TITLE

Slippery Tilde

I know this is from 9 pages ago or something, but I only just heard about this cuntbag making such a gross attempt at slander. What an absolute loving oval office. It boggles my mind that ANYONE winds their neck out for him. gently caress him, and gently caress anyone who ever defends him. Morally bankrupt wankers.

notaspy
Mar 22, 2009

FiftySeven posted:

I know this is from 9 pages ago or something, but I only just heard about this cuntbag making such a gross attempt at slander. What an absolute loving oval office. It boggles my mind that ANYONE winds their neck out for him. gently caress him, and gently caress anyone who ever defends him. Morally bankrupt wankers.

Not a very nice thing to say about Jamal

Spuckuk
Aug 11, 2009

Being a bastard works

mrpwase posted:

Co-operative Stardew Valley, for a glorious agricultural commune? :ussr:

I keep telling everyone to play Warframe, it's good, free to play without most of the annoyances that can bring, and goons are insanely helpful and generous.

Also:

baka kaba
Jul 19, 2003

PLEASE ASK ME, THE SELF-PROFESSED NO #1 PAUL CATTERMOLE FAN IN THE SOMETHING AWFUL S-CLUB 7 MEGATHREAD, TO NAME A SINGLE SONG BY HIS EXCELLENT NU-METAL SIDE PROJECT, SKUA, AND IF I CAN'T PLEASE TELL ME TO
EAT SHIT

OwlFancier posted:

Can you imagine the poor translator who has to try and make trump sound intelligible.

Sometimes they just quote him verbatim - which sounds harder than translating phrases, until you realise it doesn't need to make any sense at all and you can just say whatever

I mean really if you make him intelligible that's a bad translation

WhatEvil
Jun 6, 2004

Can't get no luck.

Bardeh posted:

I can still see the group in my Steam list and there are a ton of people in it, but nobody in chat and I don't think I've seen any notifications or activity from it in yonks. I made this, if anyone wants to join and play some games sometime.

https://steamcommunity.com/groups/UKMT

Just requested invite. My display name is "Incapable Hans".

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

Get ready for a massive shitshow

Lord of the Llamas
Jul 9, 2002

EULER'VE TO SEE IT VENN SOMEONE CALLS IT THE WRONG THING AND PROVOKES MY WRATH

TheRat posted:

Yougov stopped using the expensive model that got the election right and are back to using the lovely model that was extremely off the mark.

This isn't actually true. The standard YouGov vote intention poll the week before the election gave the Tories a 4% lead and so it was only 1.5% off the mark which is nothing really. The 7% lead poll (which was still closer than 5 other pollsters who gave the Tories a 8-13% lead) used a dodgy turnout model because they wanted to hedge their bets if the Tories won big but that was only used once. There are plenty of things to criticise YouGov over but their vote intention polls aren't really one of them.

Paul.Power
Feb 7, 2009

The three roles of APCs:
Transports.
Supply trucks.
Distractions.

I'd be up for some UKMT Stardew Valley co-op :)

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

Lord of the Llamas posted:

This isn't actually true. The standard YouGov vote intention poll the week before the election gave the Tories a 4% lead and so it was only 1.5% off the mark which is nothing really. The 7% lead poll (which was still closer than 5 other pollsters who gave the Tories a 8-13% lead) used a dodgy turnout model because they wanted to hedge their bets if the Tories won big but that was only used once. There are plenty of things to criticise YouGov over but their vote intention polls aren't really one of them.

The thing to criticise them over is that they had the result pretty much spot on until they pussied out on the final day.

Lobster God
Nov 5, 2008
Good news!

https://twitter.com/FraserNelson/status/1068503753526059008?s=19

Noxville
Dec 7, 2003

https://twitter.com/rosskempsell/status/1068498356136222720?s=21

Top trolling from McDonnell

Lord of the Llamas
Jul 9, 2002

TheRat posted:

The thing to criticise them over is that they had the result pretty much spot on until they pussied out on the final day.

I don't that's fair considering no other UK pollster has done anything nearly as good as their regression model for the election. I just wish I could find that quote again from a melt journo saying "The only thing you need to know about YouGov's model is that it has Canterbury going Labour.". It's also worth noting that even their 7 point Tory lead poll was within their stated margin of error which is 90% +/- 4% for each party.

lol

https://twitter.com/BrendanHotTakes/status/1068505113193521156

Lord of the Llamas fucked around with this message at 16:31 on Nov 30, 2018

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

I don't that's fair considering no other UK pollster has done anything nearly as good as their regression model for the election. I just wish I could find that quote again from a melt journo saying "The only thing you need to know about YouGov's model is that it has Canterbury going Labour.". It's also worth noting that even their 7 point Tory lead poll was within their stated margin of error which is 90% +/- 4% for each party.

Their regression model was loving excellent. That's the problem. They dropped it on the last day and went for a model that was a lot more Tory-favoured because they got scared.

Comrade Fakename
Feb 13, 2012

My mum died so I probably won’t be receiving or giving presents with anyone and instead will be having Christmas alone. Good times!

Zalakwe
Jun 4, 2007
Likes Cake, Hates Hamsters

TheRat posted:

Their regression model was loving excellent. That's the problem. They dropped it on the last day and went for a model that was a lot more Tory-favoured because they got scared.

I do think they got scared but I think it was a load of extra effort to produce as well. If you want regression regularly someone is probably going to have to get their wallet out.

Comrade Fakename posted:

My mum died so I probably won’t be receiving or giving presents with anyone and instead will be having Christmas alone. Good times!

Very sad to hear this. Huge condolences. Is it very recent news?

Zalakwe fucked around with this message at 16:40 on Nov 30, 2018

Comrade Fakename
Feb 13, 2012

Zalakwe posted:

Very sad to hear this. Huge condolences. Is it very recent news?

Thanks. It was in August.

Obliterati
Nov 13, 2012

Pain is inevitable.
Suffering is optional.
Thunderdome is forever.
Of course he goes for Siege of Vienna

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal
What did the British government look like in the 17th century?

Like nothing, there was no British government until the early 18th century Fraser you twat.

Small Strange Bird
Sep 22, 2006

Merci, chaton!

jBrereton posted:

I mean in York and Leeds we've had ~Project Servitor~ which is basically the policing method of the Malayan Emergency, (random appearances of masses of armed police to 'deter crime'), applied to the christmas markets. Absolute loving insanity and a sign alongside this moped bullshit that the police after feeling betrayed by the tories have had some kind of mental break.
My wife was absolutely horrified when we took our three-year-old to watch the Christmas lights being turned on in Bournemouth, and there was a heavily-armed copper casually strolling through the crowds at the pier. No hi-vis, just a guy dressed entirely in black (at night, so the exact opposite of high-profile deterrent policing) with an MP5, a handgun and a taser. Funny thing was, the only protection on his head was a baseball cap, so anyone who ran up behind him with a sock full of coins could have taken him down and nicked all his hardware.

The only other time I've randomly encountered cops tooled up like that outside of an airport was when we were walking along the Thames Path and I took a photo of the MI6 building on the grounds that "Hey cool, James Bond works there!" Rounded a corner and had two Dredded-up plod waiting for us, all "Hi, how are you? And what are you doing today?" literally 20 seconds later.

Lord of the Llamas
Jul 9, 2002

TheRat posted:

Eh? They didn't drop it, the website is still up. There's nothing wrong with publishing more than one thing as long as you're clear about the differences in how they were made.

Firos
Apr 30, 2007

Staying abreast of the latest developments in jam communism

Joined the UKMT steam thing. Steam name is Dadtoucher :toot:

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

Eh? They didn't drop it, the website is still up. There's nothing wrong with publishing more than one thing as long as you're clear about the differences in how they were made.

They deliberately published the regression model in the media every day and then switched to the other model on the final day.

ronya
Nov 8, 2010

I'm the normal one.

You hate ridden fucks will regret your words when you eventually grow up.

Peace.
for MRP yougov would have to be polling thousands of individuals for an intense set of demographic data in order to categorize each voter type

if it was going to do that, yea, I second the point that it wouldn't then give it out for free

Brony Car
May 22, 2014

by Cyrano4747
Donald Tusk kind of screwed Corbyn, didn’t he? It definitely ramps up the “May Deal or no Brexit!” framing.

https://mobile.twitter.com/Channel4News/status/1068520777362825216

Lord of the Llamas
Jul 9, 2002

TheRat posted:

They deliberately published the regression model in the media every day and then switched to the other model on the final day.

That doesn't chime with the sentiment expressed in e.g. this interview which was basically "we don't know". I think you're letting your priors on why they do things get the better of you and also ignoring the fact that even the 7% lead poll was within the margin of error of the real result.

Tsietisin
Jul 2, 2004

Time passes quickly on the weekend.

Comrade Fakename posted:

I understand how you feel as my mother, the last member of my family, is gravely ill and probably not going to last until Christmas. She has brain tumor and lung cancer.

I'm not sure how I'm managing to hold it together.

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

ronya posted:

if it was going to do that, yea, I second the point that it wouldn't then give it out for free

But it did, until the final day

Gort
Aug 18, 2003

Good day what ho cup of tea

Brony Car posted:

Donald Tusk kind of screwed Corbyn, didn’t he? It definitely ramps up the “May Deal or no Brexit!” framing.

https://mobile.twitter.com/Channel4News/status/1068520777362825216

How does that square with his previous comments to the tune of, "We'll give you extra negotiating time if there's a change in government"?

V. Illych L.
Apr 11, 2008

ASK ME ABOUT LUMBER

Gort posted:

How does that square with his previous comments to the tune of, "We'll give you extra negotiating time if there's a change in government"?

that was then, this is now

tbh i think this is a good out - being clear that none of the options on the table are desirable, it shouls be possible to offload the blame for the situation on the tories and just choose whichever option one wants

ideally a three-question referendum might be held, may falls, new GE, remain wins and everyone pretends that the last few years never happened

V. Illych L.
Apr 11, 2008

ASK ME ABOUT LUMBER

blah blah Tory Brexit is shite, if we cannot do better we oughtn't leave at all blah blah wash our hands blah blah disastrous negotiations regrettably we must choose the best of three bad choices blah blah

Lobster God
Nov 5, 2008
https://twitter.com/MohammedAkunjee/status/1068255414977011715?s=19

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Skilbs
Jul 20, 2006

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-tyne-46398021

If only the kids were on mopeds.