Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

THE FUCKING MOON
Jan 19, 2008

Mak0rz posted:

That's mostly an Ontario thing. Don't lump us all together with those creeps :mad:

Bah alright. I guess that would be like lumping me in with all those people who prefer bbq other than the carolina style and i just dont hold with that

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Butterfly Valley
Apr 19, 2007

I am a spectacularly bad poster and everyone in the Schadenfreude thread hates my guts.
I bought Hollow Knight shortly after getting my Switch before summer and only played it for half an hour because I was distracted by Odyssey, Mario Kart and Zelda I also got at the same time, and I just got round to playing it again and uh, yeah, I see why you guys wouldn’t shut up about it

flavor.flv
Apr 18, 2008

I got a letter from the government the other day
opened it, read it
it said they was bitches

A buddy of mine lives in their delivery area, currently trying to convince him to have a pizza party

Weedle
May 31, 2006

BGrifter posted:

Yeah all Switch titles are $79.99 CAD MSRP. It’s... not great.

Seems normal enough?

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

Butterfly Valley posted:

I bought Hollow Knight shortly after getting my Switch before summer and only played it for half an hour because I was distracted by Odyssey, Mario Kart and Zelda I also got at the same time, and I just got round to playing it again and uh, yeah, I see why you guys wouldn’t shut up about it

It’s one of those games where I wish I could just forget everything about it and play it for the first time again

Catgirl Al Capone
Dec 15, 2007

Weedle posted:

Seems normal enough?

I don't know enough about Canada to say one way or another but a 1:1 conversion doesn't really account for any possible wage or cost of living differences

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

I think I died and woke up in L.A.,
I don't know how I wound up in this place...

:canada:

Weedle posted:

Seems normal enough?

God, I loving hate our lovely exchange rate. :negative:

And bagged milk owns. I can even get goat's milk that way.

Weedle
May 31, 2006

CYBEReris posted:

I don't know enough about Canada to say one way or another but a 1:1 conversion doesn't really account for any possible wage or cost of living differences

Well, no, but wages and cost of living vary enormously within each of the two countries so you can’t really “account for” it in any meaningful way on a national basis. My point was that USD 60 is approximately the same amount of money as CAD 80.

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

While it's on the topic, if you ever wondered what the director of Kirby, Shinya Kumazaki, draws in his free time you can check it out here on his personal art site.

CuddlyZombie
Nov 6, 2005

I wuv your brains.

ThisIsACoolGuy posted:

Galacta Knight in particular is fun because his plotline is actually going in reverse through all the games. You first encounter him at his death and the ongoing games show how he got there as he's traveling backwards in time.

I thought he was just a Super Star boss! What's all this about him going all Merlin?

notthegoatseguy
Sep 6, 2005

Am I missing anything if I don't buy Smash day-of release? Free ambibo character or whatever? Or am I okay picking it up after the holidays?

TheScott2K
Oct 26, 2003

I'm just saying, there's a nonzero chance Trump has a really toad penis.

notthegoatseguy posted:

Am I missing anything if I don't buy Smash day-of release? Free ambibo character or whatever? Or am I okay picking it up after the holidays?

You won't cum as much. In fact, you may only cum very little.

Etrips
Nov 9, 2004

Having Teemo Problems?
I Feel Bad For You, Son.
I Got 99 Shrooms
And You Just Hit One.

ThisIsACoolGuy posted:

While it's on the topic, if you ever wondered what the director of Kirby, Shinya Kumazaki, draws in his free time you can check it out here on his personal art site.

The guy must have some trippy af dreams.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

notthegoatseguy posted:

I think the Piranha Plant DLC character is only free for like the first month(?)

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

notthegoatseguy posted:

You gotta get that plant monster for FREEEEEEEEE

But I think that extends to all purchases until mid January.

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

Inzombiac posted:

You gotta get that plant monster for FREEEEEEEEE

But I think that extends to all purchases until mid January.

End of January actually. You have until Jan 31 to get Piranha Plant for free if you register the game before then.

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

CuddlyZombie posted:

I thought he was just a Super Star boss! What's all this about him going all Merlin?

They haven't fully dedicated anything going into his story but it's just a running thing going on.

In Super Star Ultra Meta Knight calls for him via NOVA and Galacta Knight comes flying down from a portal he's been sucked through. After being beaten he full on dies.

In Returns to Dreamland you find him locked up in Crystal, when he's defeated he tries to fly off and gets sucked into a portal off screen (apparently)

In Robobot Meta Knight wishes to fight the strongest warrior so he gets called again, but when he shows up he's glowing and not conscious right away, but when he's defeated he's trapped in crystal and sent off *somewhere*.

In Star Allies he gets possessed by Morpho after getting summoned from a portal and when Morpho is defeated he begins glowing and loses consciousness before vanishing.

Dude just keeps getting dragged back in time more and more until he eventually bites it v:v:v

ThisIsACoolGuy fucked around with this message at 18:26 on Nov 30, 2018

CuddlyZombie
Nov 6, 2005

I wuv your brains.

ThisIsACoolGuy posted:

They haven't fully dedicated anything going into his story but it's just a running thing going on.

In Super Star Ultra Meta Knight calls for him via NOVA and Galacta Knight comes flying down from a portal he's been sucked through. After being beaten he full on dies.

In Returns to Dreamland you find him locked up in Crystal, when he's defeated he tries to fly off and gets sucked into a portal off screen (apparently)

In Robobot Meta Knight wishes to fight the strongest warrior so he gets called again, but when he shows up he's glowing and not conscious right away, but when he's defeated he's trapped in crystal and sent off *somewhere*.

In Star Allies he gets possessed by Morpho after getting summoned from a portal and when Morpho is defeated he begins glowing and loses consciousness before vanishing.

Dude just keeps getting dragged back in time more and more until he eventually bites it v:v:v

That rules, thanks for elaborating on it!

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

ThisIsACoolGuy posted:

From his perspective it must be like he’s having one really bad day, just stepping on rakes over and over again.

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

🚣RowboatMan: ❄️Freezing time🕰️ is an old P.I. 🥧trick...

Mister Facetious posted:

God, I loving hate our lovely exchange rate. :negative:

And bagged milk owns. I can even get goat's milk that way.

I don't. I just told a US-based client my very reasonable fee in USD, and because of that, I'm getting a bunch of extra money :smug:

... that will all go towards paying for stuff that's generally a bit more expensive here :negative:

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018
Women are wonderful animals, they should be making music and writing novels about having a complex relationship with your mother.

Rupert Buttermilk posted:

I don't. I just told a US-based client my very reasonable fee in USD, and because of that, I'm getting a bunch of extra money :smug:

... that will all go towards paying for stuff that's generally a bit more expensive here :negative:

A guy in America was rejected for a heart transplant because the hospital didn't think he would be able to afford the necessary medication after the procedure. The hospital suggested that he do a crowdfunding campaign, raise ten thousand dollars, and try again.

https://twitter.com/Ocasio2018/status/1066351594843844608

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

🚣RowboatMan: ❄️Freezing time🕰️ is an old P.I. 🥧trick...

Gripweed posted:

A guy in America was rejected for a heart transplant because the hospital didn't think he would be able to afford the necessary medication after the procedure. The hospital suggested that he do a crowdfunding campaign, raise ten thousand dollars, and try again.

Well, I meant milk and cheese and whatnot, but yeah, I'll never seriously argue for living anywhere else other than :canada:

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
lol america

Brother Entropy
Dec 27, 2009

Gripweed posted:

thank god we avoided those death panels that come with socialized medicine

Stitch
Aug 2, 2000

If it wasn't for bad judgement, I'd have none at all
Fun Shoe

Gripweed posted:

Literal cost of living

bushisms.txt
May 26, 2004

Scroll, then. There are other posts than these.

I've never played a Kirby game, but drat his lore is really cool.

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

bushisms.txt posted:

I've never played a Kirby game, but drat his lore is really cool.

You should really fix that.

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

Best part of the update is the lore descriptions in the new difficulty because some of them were updated to be goofy, while others are just kind of (spoilers) depressing.

That and the thing you unlock when you manage to clear Soul Melter Ex difficulty

THE FUCKING MOON
Jan 19, 2008
I traded in Kirby too early. It's a fun game, it just had no challenge on release until you cheese soul melter somehow

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

That graphic for selecting Soul Melter EX is so good lol

Your Computer
Oct 3, 2008

Grimey Drawer

eonwe posted:

lol america

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.
Who needs to live after I inject Smash into my loving veins.

Isabelle can be my new heart.

And Donkey Kong my boner.

Mak0rz
Aug 2, 2008

😎🐗🚬

bushisms.txt posted:

I've never played a Kirby game

what the gently caress

Fun Times!
Dec 26, 2010
Didn't expect to see AOC in the Switch thread. I bet she has one.

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!

Fun Times! posted:

Didn't expect to see AOC in the Switch thread. I bet she has one.

I'm afraid it's far more dire:

https://twitter.com/ocasio2018/status/1051291913272389633?lang=en

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

*crosses AOC’s name off the cool and good people list*

Every time. Every loving time. :negative:

bushisms.txt
May 26, 2004

Mak0rz posted:

what the gently caress

I literally can't play platformers without falling asleep. I tried playing one of the snes kirbys and it seemed cute but really basic. I'd be there day one for a tv show though.

Lord_Hambrose
Nov 21, 2008

*a foul hooting fills the air*

bushisms.txt posted:

I literally can't play platformers without falling asleep. I tried playing one of the snes kirbys and it seemed cute but really basic. I'd be there day one for a tv show though.

I mean, they are literally for children.

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

bushisms.txt posted:

There is a TV show with 100 episodes

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bushisms.txt
May 26, 2004

Evil Eagle posted:

There is a TV show with 100 episodes

Does it have similar lore? I read they were separate