Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
How would you rate The Promised Neverland?
Excellent
Good
Fine
Meh
Bad
Awful
View Results

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

I feel like the art in this series gets overlooked a lot but it's really goddamn good and so different from the typical Jump fare.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mulderman
Mar 20, 2009

Did someone say axe magnet?
Emma remembering her fallen family reminds me of this:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a4GiGWIDAx8

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
its out already

https://readms.net/r/neverland/114/5514/1

TheHan
Oct 29, 2011

Grind, you poor fool!
Grind straight for the stars!
It's feels impossible to predict where the plot is about to go, and I love this series for it.

Uncle Khasim
Dec 20, 2009

If anything happens to Phil no flesh will be spared.

Eggplant Squire
Aug 14, 2003

https://readms.net/r/neverland/115/5533/1

Not sure on this Minerva sending two kids into demon infested territory seems kinda fishy. They did mention those elite slayers that wrecked the low tier plantation so maybe it's all on the level though.

Mulderman
Mar 20, 2009

You can't do this The Promised Neverland. You cannot get me to care about some kids, while you mindlessly kill off other ones.

That said, who else here thinks this new Minerva is actually Norman?

witchcore ricepunk
Jul 6, 2003

The Golden Witch
Who Solved the Epitaph

A Probability of 1/2,578,917

Mulderman posted:

You can't do this The Promised Neverland. You cannot get me to care about some kids, while you mindlessly kill off other ones.

That said, who else here thinks this new Minerva is actually Norman?

Could it be a fake revolution?

Nighthand
Nov 4, 2009

what horror the gas

I don't think this Minerva is Norman, but I do think there's a decent chance Norman's at the plantation they're about to infiltrate.

TriffTshngo
Mar 28, 2010

Don't get it twisted who your enemies are.
I think these guys are on the level but something's probably fishy with "Minerva." Like James Ratri is dead or captive or something and someone else is using the name of Minerva. This scenario feels so much like a trap that it'd almost be weird if it wasn't.

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

this OP seems kinda weird

https://twitter.com/yakuneba_staff/status/1073253211572588544?s=19

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream
It kinda feels like Uverworld just kinda does whatever they want and they work around it

Cipher Pol 9
Oct 9, 2006

It's worked out most of the times I've seen them do an opening. Bleach's D-Tecnolife or whatever kicked rear end.

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

I was bored and decided to give this a try, because hell, people both in this forum and in my circle of friends liked it.

I didn't expect to be so captivated I read everything in the span of two days. This is really good and I can't wait to see where it goes. I hope the anime adaptation is as good as it deserves too, so I can show it to friends that aren't into reading.

Eggplant Squire
Aug 14, 2003

One thing I like about this comic is the promise that it's going to end at some point in the nearish future. Knowing that this is going to all get resolved in some fashion instead of going another decade as Emma and crew have to constantly fight bigger and more extreme threats until the artist is forced to resolve everything quickly because of cancellation or poor health is a real big plus.

Mulderman
Mar 20, 2009

It takes balls for a new Shonen Jump series to put itself out there with a clear end goal in sight.
And I'm glad Shonen Jump is more willing to take risks on series like this nowadays. Not every series has to be the next One Piece in terms of long running action.
While I love my big shonen battle series that can go on forever. It's really nice to get a few series like this every now and then.

Mulderman
Mar 20, 2009

https://readms.net/r/neverland/118/5565/1

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

Well

Well well well well well

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
I guess we'll get a flashback arc now then?

Nighthand
Nov 4, 2009

what horror the gas

Rigged Death Trap posted:

Well

Well well well well well

Well then.

Crain
Jun 27, 2007

I had a beer once with Stephen Miller and now I like him.

I also tried to ban someone from a Discord for pointing out what an unrelenting shithead I am! I'm even dumb enough to think it worked!

Nighthand posted:

I don't think this Minerva is Norman, but I do think there's a decent chance Norman's at the plantation they're about to infiltrate.

Nighthand posted:

Well then.

Woof.

This screams "trap" to me.

Mulderman
Mar 20, 2009

Yeah, not calling it yet. Something feels off.

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream
Norman seems way way older. Unless the demons were juicing him or something there's something wrong here.

Mraagvpeine
Nov 4, 2014

I won this avatar on a technicality this thick.
When we last saw Norman, he was at a research facility where they were doing weird things to kids. Adam was one of them.

amigolupus
Aug 25, 2017

Mraagvpeine posted:

When we last saw Norman, he was at a research facility where they were doing weird things to kids. Adam was one of them.

My guess is that they were researching how to make demon/human hybrids. That could explain why Hayato was super fast, or why that Zazie fellow is strong and fast enough to kill demons with just a blade.

Meme Emulator
Oct 4, 2000

Or maybe Norman is just a clone of William Minerva which is why he got special treatment after graduating Grace Field

witchcore ricepunk
Jul 6, 2003

The Golden Witch
Who Solved the Epitaph

A Probability of 1/2,578,917

Mraagvpeine posted:

That was my first thought, too. If they could make a kid bighuge, they can refine the technique and make a kid relatively man-shaped. God, this is going to be a ticking time bomb and I'm hype. If Ray had been in the room it would have gotten way spicier.

Mulderman
Mar 20, 2009

First episode is out. This will be this season's Made in Abyss. Only without the creepy undertones.

UP AND ADAM
Jan 24, 2007

by Pragmatica
This is really good. I binged the manga after seeing this first episode, and it was glorious, but also the adaptation seems so slick that it could be a good idea for anyone to watch along with it instead of going for the manga immediately.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
Chapter 119

I'm guessing the demons need to eat humans to retain their intelligence or else they regress into the feral demons.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

RatHat posted:

Chapter 119

I'm guessing the demons need to eat humans to retain their intelligence or else they regress into the feral demons.

But Sonjuu and Musica have not eaten humans in hundreds of years in Sonjuu's case and never in Musica's.

Forgall
Oct 16, 2012

by Azathoth

MonsterEnvy posted:

But Sonjuu and Musica have not eaten humans in hundreds of years in Sonjuu's case and never in Musica's.
They probably kill and eat other demons, absorbing brain juice through transitive property.

Futaba Anzu
May 6, 2011

GROSS BOY

it's all a peter pan reference lol

Hypocrisy
Oct 4, 2006
Lord of Sarcasm

I'm trying to connect the why to the demon religion that demands only eating what you hunt.

Silver2195
Apr 4, 2012

Forgall posted:

They probably kill and eat other demons, absorbing brain juice through transitive property.

It's probably this.

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream
Posuka forgot Emma cut her ear off again, lol

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

Fabricated posted:

Posuka forgot Emma cut her ear off again, lol

Especially funny given it comes up on like the next page

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you
https://jaiminisbox.com/reader/read/the-promised-neverland/en/0/120/page/1

We learn the nature of the Demons and Norman's plan.

dordreff
Jul 16, 2013
new chapter is out and features perhaps the most important image this manga has ever produced:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TriffTshngo
Mar 28, 2010

Don't get it twisted who your enemies are.

lmao i can't believe they're literally chimera ants