Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

turn off the TV
Aug 4, 2010

moderately annoying

I feel as though nobody can make statements about optimization until they see what this game's equivalent of an M7M does to their system.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Danith
May 20, 2006
I've lurked here for years
ahh man, just tried it quick..

The tutorial that's supposed to explain the modes is dumb. It tells me to go to the signal and scan it until it's 100%. I went all over the station and could only get 75%. Then I aborted it and tried to do it again and the enter key stopped being able to open the ship menu (I know you can change to scanning mode by shift-2, but the tutorial wants you to go through the menu) so I couldn't do anything.

Also, it doesn't let me turn off v-sync on fullscreen-windowed mode

Koboje
Sep 20, 2005

Quack
I will give this a single full day before I cave and buy it too, I barely ever buy games over 20 bux and yet if by this time tomorrow no serious and clearly unfixable issues turn up I will not be able to resist.

Combined with the recent 0.9 Starsector update, this is feeling like a good time for the Space games

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

Danith posted:

Also, it doesn't let me turn off v-sync on fullscreen-windowed mode

..thats the point though?

Danith
May 20, 2006
I've lurked here for years
I have a g-sync monitor and from what I understand in game v-sync should be off for the g-sync to work. It's annoying to have it capped at 60 fps because you can't turn off v-sync. Also their fullscreen-windowed mode doesn't really seem to be right, if you alt-tab the game minimizes just like it does in fullscreen mode

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

With g-sync don't you normally want to force it in the video drivers? Thats how I'm always certain which v-sync mode is actually running.

PHOOsun
Nov 18, 2010

3V3RYBODY STOP WH4T YOUR3 DO1NG 1MM3D14T3LY
970 club , this is a fine game. looks good and smooth. I had trouble looking at the tiny text and went into the settings and turned UI from 1.0 to 1.2 everything now slightly larger and still crisp looking.

pro tip, turn off auto roll or you'll wonder what the f is going on when flying around stations and the ship fights your commands.

TwoDice
Feb 11, 2005
Not one, two.
Grimey Drawer
Anyone figure out sector trading yet?

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

Anyone have a trip report with a thrustmaster t-flight yet? Watching the streamers I'm kinda thinking I might actually want a mouse for due to the amount of tracking thats needed...

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Autopilot just crashed me into a rock and then said "Autopilot Epically Failed"

At least they acknowledge it!

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

OwlFancier posted:

Autopilot just crashed me into a rock and then said "Autopilot Epically Failed"

At least they acknowledge it!

Autopilot by Elon Musk

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

Found a data vault and came into a windfall.. now do I spend the money on a mining ship, or a trading ship?

Popete
Oct 6, 2009

This will make sure you don't suggest to the KDz
That he should grow greens instead of crushing on MCs

Grimey Drawer

Pylons posted:

Found a data vault and came into a windfall.. now do I spend the money on a mining ship, or a trading ship?

Space weed

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

Popete posted:

Space weed

Space fuel is also acceptable.

mp5
Jan 1, 2005

Stroke of luck!

Pylons posted:

set a course for weed

mods changed my name
Oct 30, 2017
steam reviews not looking good

still, I am hitting the buy button

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

mods changed my name posted:

steam reviews always nosedive at first because the only people reviewing are those with malware infested, misconfigured potatoes that should probably not be allowed to play games on anything more complex than a phone.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

mods changed my name posted:

I have no idea what they're on about. I've not encountered any bugs thus far and it runs quite well.

Like I'm not at the point I could tell you if the game is good because it's an X game but it certainly works...

mods changed my name
Oct 30, 2017
oh yeah I trust what I read here more than that anyways it just sucks for the devs to see that I imagine

Dr. Snark
Oct 15, 2012

I'M SORRY, OK!? I admit I've made some mistakes, and Jones has clearly paid for them.
But ma'am! Jones' only crime was looking at the wrong files!
I beg of you, don't ship away Jones, he has a wife and kids!

-United Nations Intelligence Service

Those first "reviews" are also legit inaccurate because they've probably played the game for what, five minutes at most?

So it's also the "attention span of a goldfish" club.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

You can see where they've rushed things, in particular almost nothing seems to have actual descriptions in the encyclopedia, but technically all the important stuff seems to work fine.

mods changed my name
Oct 30, 2017
if i can fly a spaceship around and look at stuff I'll be happy

I just want to fly the spaceship

sandoz
Jan 29, 2009

mister chekhov, weed factor 10

sandoz
Jan 29, 2009

engage

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

I'm waiting at least a couple weeks just to see how fleet management and combat everything shakes out - who's going to know how carrier groups work now five minutes in?

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

I bought a trading ship, but the "AutoTrade" order seems greyed out. Also, I can't figure out how to sell my starting ship.

Squiggle
Sep 29, 2002

I don't think she likes the special sauce, Rick.

*beams up a shitload of weed*

Mokotow
Apr 16, 2012

Pylons posted:

I bought a trading ship, but the "AutoTrade" order seems greyed out. Also, I can't figure out how to sell my starting ship.

Could it be you’re missing auto trading software? Some options are visible but greyed out until you buy or purchase specific upgrades.

Squiggle
Sep 29, 2002

I don't think she likes the special sauce, Rick.

I also assume you need to hire a pilot? Basing that on just the fact that AI pilots are hireable.

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

Squiggle posted:

I also assume you need to hire a pilot? Basing that on just the fact that AI pilots are hireable.

I do have a pilot, it wouldn't let me buy the ship without one. I also can't figure out how to fire him.

sandoz
Jan 29, 2009

mister scott,

four hundred and twenty to beam up

mods changed my name
Oct 30, 2017

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

RBA Starblade posted:

I'm waiting at least a couple weeks just to see how fleet management and combat everything shakes out - who's going to know how carrier groups work now five minutes in?

I can tell you that the map works a lot like an RTS interface and it's loving amazing compared to X3 :v:

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Missing the opportunity for a "Cheef O'Brian" joke here, I feel.

mods changed my name
Oct 30, 2017
i wanted to do a blingee but it requires flash :smith:

mods changed my name
Oct 30, 2017
oh i downloaded it, then it turned around and downloaded another 9mb patch. If you fired it up right when it launched you might want to check and see if thats waiting to download, not sure what it was though

sandoz
Jan 29, 2009

in the future, weed is very legal & very cool

buglord
Jul 31, 2010

Cheating at a raffle? I sentence you to 1 year in jail! No! Two years! Three! Four! Five years! Ah! Ah! Ah! Ah!

Buglord

OwlFancier posted:

Welp got murked by a khaak, glad to see they're still as bullshit as ever :v:

Is that pronounced the way I think it is

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

sandoz posted:

in the future, weed is very legal & very cool

Only in teladi space though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dr. Snark
Oct 15, 2012

I'M SORRY, OK!? I admit I've made some mistakes, and Jones has clearly paid for them.
But ma'am! Jones' only crime was looking at the wrong files!
I beg of you, don't ship away Jones, he has a wife and kids!

-United Nations Intelligence Service

buglord posted:

Is that pronounced the way I think it is

Close enough that you make plenty of jokes about it, yes.