Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ConfusedUs
Feb 24, 2004

Bees?
You want fucking bees?
Here you go!
ROLL INITIATIVE!!

Yes. Boost and roll are moving

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bunnyofdoom
Mar 29, 2008

I've been here the whole time, and you're not my real Dad! :emo:

enigmahfc posted:

I assume they just ignore asteroids, and not debris, or else it would say 'obstacle' I assume.

I also can only pronouce Ahhav's name like Foghorn Leghorn.

"Ahhav, Ah say Ah say, Ahhav ta ask..."

Ha, try thinking of the V as a B

(And note the Purgills on his card art)

thespaceinvader
Mar 30, 2011

The slightest touch from a Gol-Shogeg will result in Instant Death!

hoiyes posted:

Take big roids, Drea and as many trick shot generics as points allow.

Edit: does while you move include actions? Can you roll off an asteroid?

There are two questions: do you lose your action, and can you roll off the rock if not?

The answers are no (losing your action is a result of using your template move to move through the rock you're ignoring) and yes (rolling and boosting are moving).

canyonero
Aug 3, 2006
Points lists for Resistance and First Order are out. Supposedly the official app won't be updated until the 13th of December (what?), but I'd guess all the 3rd party ones will be updated in the next day or so. This probably means the rumors of December 13th being the official release date are true.

Points lists towards the bottom under Support: https://www.fantasyflightgames.com/en/products/x-wing-second-edition/

ConfusedUs
Feb 24, 2004

Bees?
You want fucking bees?
Here you go!
ROLL INITIATIVE!!

canyonero posted:

Supposedly the official app won't be updated until the 13th of December (what?), but I'd guess all the 3rd party ones will be updated in the next day or so. This probably means the rumors of December 13th being the official release date are true.

Pretty much every "problem" with 2nd edition releases other than the app points towards a lack of cross-functional cooperation between different teams within the company. Both this and the obviously unfinished cards that came in the Reaper/Saw expansions just reek of some department (likely Marketing or Finance) demanding something be pushed by a certain date, regardless of its current status or readiness.

Leaving the other departments to scramble to catch up.

Kata-Haro
Oct 21, 2010

Oh man, all the resistance A-wings are chaeper than Jake and come with 2 EPT slots.

Also Heroic costs 1 pt, so that's getting stapled to just about every X-wing not named Poe.

Edit: Primed thrusters at 8pts makes me sad

Kata-Haro fucked around with this message at 19:49 on Nov 29, 2018

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

"LET'S GET DOWN TO WORK!!"
Someone predicted Poe would cost close to Vader and 68 is pretty close!

ConfusedUs
Feb 24, 2004

Bees?
You want fucking bees?
Here you go!
ROLL INITIATIVE!!

Some Numbers posted:

Someone predicted Poe would cost close to Vader and 68 is pretty close!

Poe is probably the most dangerous i6 ship we've seen to date. Old school PTL, astromech options, torp options, the new Black One title for getting in or getting out...

He's a hell of a pilot.

Voodoofly
Jul 3, 2002

Some days even my lucky rocket ship underpants don't help

canyonero posted:

Points lists for Resistance and First Order are out. Supposedly the official app won't be updated until the 13th of December (what?), but I'd guess all the 3rd party ones will be updated in the next day or so. This probably means the rumors of December 13th being the official release date are true.

My local game shop told us that the 13th was the release date as well, so I think its pretty confirmed at this point.

Slab Squatthrust
Jun 3, 2008

This is mutiny!

ConfusedUs posted:

Poe is probably the most dangerous i6 ship we've seen to date. Old school PTL, astromech options, torp options, the new Black One title for getting in or getting out...

He's a hell of a pilot.

Ion cannon all day. Leave those foils closed until you ion a punk, then either bullseye them or open as needed.

canyonero
Aug 3, 2006
The points lists also have Hyperspace eligibility for all cards. Barrage Rockets are notability not eligible.

Slab Squatthrust
Jun 3, 2008

This is mutiny!

canyonero posted:

The points lists also have Hyperspace eligibility for all cards. Barrage Rockets are notability not eligible.

Nothing that can run them is legal either, I assume that's why.

Edit: just realized, the only legal cannon for hyperspace is the HLC, which is garbage, so that's fun.

Slab Squatthrust fucked around with this message at 22:53 on Nov 29, 2018

Raged
Jul 21, 2003

A revolution of beats
Anyone have a link to the point PDFs with the Hyperspace legal stuff? I can’t seem to find them on the FFG site.

I really want to see what is legal for rebels and imps

Raged fucked around with this message at 23:04 on Nov 29, 2018

hoiyes
May 17, 2007

ConfusedUs posted:

He's a hell of a pilot.

Poe Rey All the way.

ConfusedUs
Feb 24, 2004

Bees?
You want fucking bees?
Here you go!
ROLL INITIATIVE!!

hoiyes posted:

Poe Rey All the way.

I haven't figured out how to build Rey yet, but building Poe to look like the traditional Imperial Ace is probably...really loving good.

Predator. R4 Astromech. Cannon Config + Ion Cannon. Black One. S-Foils. That's only 79 points and can fly circles around anything that moves before he does.

As for Rey, the Title, Finn, and Rose is probably a solid start. Completely actionless dice modifications, for days.

Not sure about second crew. Chewie continues the actionless dice mods thing. 3PO lets you save Rey's force for her ability (you get two calculates). Han lets you evade (works well with Finn's ability too). Both both Han and 3PO require you not to be stressed sometimes. 3PO is probably useful more often.

I'm not sure I like any of the force talents on her.

hoiyes
May 17, 2007
Poe with Black One, ion cannon, static discharge Vanes. SLAM into them, ion them, flip behind, profit. (small ship only)

Edit: no flipping behind because you're stressed obviously...

hoiyes fucked around with this message at 23:19 on Nov 29, 2018

ConfusedUs
Feb 24, 2004

Bees?
You want fucking bees?
Here you go!
ROLL INITIATIVE!!

hoiyes posted:

Poe with Black One, ion cannon, static discharge Vanes. SLAM into them, ion them, flip behind, profit. (small ship only)

I don't think SDV is worth it for one ion one time. Although I guess you could SDV one ship and use the ion cannon on another...

hoiyes
May 17, 2007
Just posting to say I'm still really stoked at omega leader nerf, especially as he went up in points lol.

banned from Starbucks
Jul 18, 2004

what was nerfed about it?

ConfusedUs
Feb 24, 2004

Bees?
You want fucking bees?
Here you go!
ROLL INITIATIVE!!

banned from Starbucks posted:

what was nerfed about it?

The new "dice cannot be modified" is subtly different from his old ability. The new one prevents ANY modification (including Juke) where the old one only stopped the locked ship from modifying.

enigmahfc
Oct 10, 2003

EFF TEE DUB!!
EFF TEE DUB!!

ConfusedUs posted:

The new "dice cannot be modified" is subtly different from his old ability. The new one prevents ANY modification (including Juke) where the old one only stopped the locked ship from modifying.

Huh, didn't catch that. But at PS 6, Midnight is still pretty drat good.

Raged
Jul 21, 2003

A revolution of beats
Oh hell yeah, Australia got a System Open. Aug 31st

Poe talk: Isn’t Ion cannon on the ban list for Hyperspace?

hoiyes
May 17, 2007

ConfusedUs posted:

Yeah, no Juke is sad omega, his offense takes a big hit. Without Comm Relay, Midnight was never going to set the meta on fire. PS6 is pretty good though. In general his offense ability is less good in 2.0 because there's few defensive mods and less often a focus on defense.

Lot of great ships waiting in the wings for the upgrade card that will put them over the top. Nien Numb has the same amazing ability but no tools to really make use of it, so Ello Asty is straight up better (and real good). Ello, Poe and Jess will probably be the go to 3 T-70 build. (Or Snap Wexley for Jess).

BuffaloChicken
May 18, 2008
Finally bought the new X-Wing second edition starter set and really didn't need two additional TIE Fighters. Painted them up as "Aces" to match the official TIE Interceptor schemes.

TIE Fighters in front are my paint job, Interceptors in the back are official FFG paint schemes. Think they match pretty dang well!

thespaceinvader
Mar 30, 2011

enigmahfc posted:

Huh, didn't catch that. But at PS 6, Midnight is still pretty drat good.

She's really not though. You're relying on most likely naked red dice versus their naked greens. That's for poo poo in most cases, average damage is below 0.5 unless you're shooting a 1 agility target.

I'm so totally uninspired by the FO< and the Hyperspace format is utter garbage.

But the mining TIE is OK i guess.

Raged
Jul 21, 2003

A revolution of beats
With Ion cannon banned for the first season, what would you run on Poe? I would love Rey/Poe as a list , but 2 ships lists are going to have a hard time against torp lists. I really wish Proton Torps were on the ban list.

Ello Asty is looking so drat sexy

Raged fucked around with this message at 13:55 on Nov 30, 2018

bunnyofdoom
Mar 29, 2008

I've been here the whole time, and you're not my real Dad! :emo:

BuffaloChicken posted:

Finally bought the new X-Wing second edition starter set and really didn't need two additional TIE Fighters. Painted them up as "Aces" to match the official TIE Interceptor schemes.

TIE Fighters in front are my paint job, Interceptors in the back are official FFG paint schemes. Think they match pretty dang well!

Looks darn good!

Slab Squatthrust
Jun 3, 2008

This is mutiny!

thespaceinvader posted:

She's really not though. You're relying on most likely naked red dice versus their naked greens. That's for poo poo in most cases, average damage is below 0.5 unless you're shooting a 1 agility target.

What? You can modify your own dice just fine. Not in the first shot, but every time afterwards you just focus and slowly chip away.

thespaceinvader
Mar 30, 2011

The Gate posted:

What? You can modify your own dice just fine. Not in the first shot, but every time afterwards you just focus and slowly chip away.

You get your TL in the first round, then you get your focus in the second round, which makes the average damage go up to 1.5 from your dice, which still only does... .85 damage versus 2 agi, and leaves you with a ~50:50 chance of no focus meaning you get killed by the rest of their list.

She's not bad, but she's nowhere NEAR the 1e terror she was, thanks to the loss of Juke and Comm Relay. I6 in no way makes up for that.

enigmahfc
Oct 10, 2003

EFF TEE DUB!!
EFF TEE DUB!!

thespaceinvader posted:

She's not bad, but she's nowhere NEAR the 1e terror she was, thanks to the loss of Juke and Comm Relay. I6 in no way makes up for that.

Which is good. Like, seriously, there's a .90 that no one wants over-powered ship combos anymore.

Slab Squatthrust
Jun 3, 2008

This is mutiny!

enigmahfc posted:

Which is good. Like, seriously, there's a .90 that no one wants over-powered ship combos anymore.

Yup yup. Hyperspace is A Good Thing, because the extended format is just absurd right now.

Also, Jesus gently caress there's over 160 players for the Friday Swiss here at PAX, it's insane.

thespaceinvader
Mar 30, 2011

enigmahfc posted:

Yup those OP ship combos are terrible *looks pointedly at ProTorp Poe, SLAMming his way into Hyperspace*

E: seriously, how is Hyperspace any more balanced than Extended?

Can anyone actually explain this assertion, because I'm just. Not. Seeing it.

thespaceinvader fucked around with this message at 16:39 on Nov 30, 2018

ConfusedUs
Feb 24, 2004

Bees?
You want fucking bees?
Here you go!
ROLL INITIATIVE!!

On paper, Poe is crazy good. Hits like a truck, dodges like an imperial ace, has the health of an X-Wing. He’s got it all.

I can’t think of another ship in the game with that versatility.

thespaceinvader
Mar 30, 2011

He is by far and away the best arc dodger in the game, especially if you give him R4, and he is one of only maybe half a dozen ships that can get full TL and focus in a turn. AND he has Proton Torpedoes. AND he can get SLAM. AND still shoot after SLAMming.

But yeah, Extended means that Resistance are hosed because Scum have 19 ships and Resistance only have 4.

ConfusedUs
Feb 24, 2004

Bees?
You want fucking bees?
Here you go!
ROLL INITIATIVE!!

thespaceinvader posted:

E: seriously, how is Hyperspace any more balanced than Extended?

Can anyone actually explain this assertion, because I'm just. Not. Seeing it.

It'll just be broken in a different way.

ConfusedUs
Feb 24, 2004

Bees?
You want fucking bees?
Here you go!
ROLL INITIATIVE!!

Where's the list of what's legal in the Hyperspace format? I can't find it.

Poopy Palpy
Jun 10, 2000

Im da fwiggin Poopy Palpy XD

ConfusedUs posted:

Where's the list of what's legal in the Hyperspace format? I can't find it.

It's a column they added to all the points list documents.

ConfusedUs
Feb 24, 2004

Bees?
You want fucking bees?
Here you go!
ROLL INITIATIVE!!

Poopy Palpy posted:

It's a column they added to all the points list documents.

...really? There's not a consolidated list? That's pretty poor design.

Icon Of Sin
Dec 26, 2008

So, looking at my old friends Omega Leader and Omega Ace (Midnight and Static). Similar pilot abilities to 1e, but I'm looking at adding a Targeting Synchronizer to Midnight and Trick Shot to Static. My thought is that if I lock someone with Midnight (w/ a Targeting Synchronizer on board) and I keep Static close to Midnight (within range 1-2), can I ignore the requirement of a TL to trigger Static's pilot ability (spend a TL+focus to change all dice to crits). Targeting Synchronizer doesn't specify a weapon type (only says "when a friendly ship at range 1-2 performs an attack against a target you have locked, that ship ignores the TL requirement"), but this just feels dirty somehow. Is there something I'm missing to prevent that combo?

Midnight w/ Targeting Synchronizer: 49
Static w/ Trick Shot: 36

85 total for the pair, leaving plenty of room for more shenanigans.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

thespaceinvader
Mar 30, 2011

Icon Of Sin posted:

So, looking at my old friends Omega Leader and Omega Ace (Midnight and Static). Similar pilot abilities to 1e, but I'm looking at adding a Targeting Synchronizer to Midnight and Trick Shot to Static. My thought is that if I lock someone with Midnight (w/ a Targeting Synchronizer on board) and I keep Static close to Midnight (within range 1-2), can I ignore the requirement of a TL to trigger Static's pilot ability (spend a TL+focus to change all dice to crits). Targeting Synchronizer doesn't specify a weapon type (only says "when a friendly ship at range 1-2 performs an attack against a target you have locked, that ship ignores the TL requirement"), but this just feels dirty somehow. Is there something I'm missing to prevent that combo?

Midnight w/ Targeting Synchronizer: 49
Static w/ Trick Shot: 36

85 total for the pair, leaving plenty of room for more shenanigans.
This assumes that Targetting Synchroniser is ruled as it was in 1e WRT Static's ability, but RAW I don't think it should be. STatic's ability is not a weapon with a Lock requirement. It's an alternate way of spending your lock, you're nto required to have a lock to use the weapon at all. To extend your argument, that would imply that anyone could reroll dice against a ship that had a synchronised lock, because they're ignoring the requirement to have a lock to reroll dice. Which is dumb.

Static's ability requires a lock to make use of it, but it's not a Lock requirement in game terms.

ConfusedUs posted:

...really? There's not a consolidated list? That's pretty poor design.
You;'re surprised?