Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Skippy McPants
Mar 19, 2009

Whoever writes his tweets isn't even trying tonight. Way too coherent, and I refuse to believe a guy with a persecution complex as big as Trump's has ever "happily lived his life."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

canepazzo
May 29, 2006

I've been working on this story for years and he just...tweets...it out.

Fritz Coldcockin
Nov 7, 2005
We're getting deeper into the Narcissist's Prayer, I see. Now we need to bow and scrape and thank Little Donny Jesus for running for President and "saving" us.

Acebuckeye13
Nov 2, 2010
Ultra Carp
Michigan GOP continues to be absolutely disgusting motherfuckers:

https://twitter.com/freep/status/1068310137469685761?s=19

Shifty Pony
Dec 28, 2004

Up ta somethin'

Fritz Coldcockin posted:

We're getting deeper into the Narcissist's Prayer, I see. Now we need to bow and scrape and thank Little Donny Jesus for running for President and "saving" us.

The "you deserved it" part will be him ranting about how if the US wasn't so hostile to business (with its rules against money laundering) he wouldn't have needed to look to Russia to get deals done.

That tweet is basically an admission, I'd love to know who actually composed it.

PIZZA.BAT
Nov 12, 2016

:cheers:

ok so just like the obstruction of justice where he loving admitted it on live television because he’s such a dumbass here he is again openly admitting to an impeachable offense

Meatball
Mar 2, 2003

That's a Spicy Meatball

Pillbug

I'm sorry, did he just admit to "light" treason?

bird food bathtub
Aug 9, 2003

College Slice

Rex-Goliath posted:

ok so just like the obstruction of justice where he loving admitted it on live television because he’s such a dumbass here he is again openly admitting to an impeachable offense

President admits publicly to some light treason. Again. Yawn. The latest season of this reality TV show has run out of ideas and they're just recycling stuff.

Hieronymous Alloy
Jan 30, 2009

Why! Why!! Why must you refuse to accept that Dr. Hieronymous Alloy's Genetically Enhanced Cream Corn Is Superior to the Leading Brand on the Market!?!

Morbid Hound

Rex-Goliath posted:

You don't get it. Trump did it, so it's not a crime. Crimes are things other people do, not Trump. He's the president, and that means he's a winner.

withak
Jan 15, 2003

Fun Shoe

Imagine being Donald Trump's lawyer and seeing this first thing in the morning after logging in.

Random Stranger
Nov 27, 2009

withak posted:

Imagine being Donald Trump's lawyer and seeing this first thing in the morning after logging in.

The substance of that tweet was probably from his lawyers. The thing is that running his business while running for president is legal. It's just that his business seemed to be doing illegal things to entice Russia to do illegal things so that his campaign could do illegal things and then he illegally covered it up.

At this point admitting to the legal aspects of the chain of events is a safe approach for messaging, especially since it implicates everyone except Donald Trump. That's enough for a smokescreen when someone has to take the extra step of "Hey, maybe someone told Don Jr., Michael Cohen, and half the Trump campaign staff to commit perjury regarding Fat Don's business dealings."

canepazzo
May 29, 2006

withak posted:

Very good odds the lawyer posted it.

AlternateNu
May 5, 2005

ドーナツダメ!

Solkanar512 posted:

Besides, wouldn't Germany just pass it to the FBI directly via Interpol?

They wouldn’t need to go through INTERPOL. They can just give whatever they deem appropriate to the FBI legal attaché in Berlin.

Fritz Coldcockin
Nov 7, 2005
He's screaming about it being legal to run his business while he was a candidate because it obfuscates the larger legal issues--like what he was offering Russia to "help" him during the campaign. Yell "IT'S LEGAL TO BE A BUSINESSMAN WHILE RUNNING FOR PRESIDENT, STUPID LIBS!" and eventually that will become the right-wing talking point they use to circle the wagons.

Point is that these new revelations about Manafort and Cohen have reopened the wound, and they are desperately trying to seal it closed with more lies and half-truths before anyone wakes up out of their stupor and goes "Hey, um...maybe you did do something wrong."

Fritz Coldcockin fucked around with this message at 15:22 on Nov 30, 2018

mdemone
Mar 14, 2001

AlternateNu posted:

They wouldn’t need to go through INTERPOL. They can just give whatever they deem appropriate to the FBI legal attaché in Berlin.

Who is probably capering with joy right now.

Relentless
Sep 22, 2007

It's a perfect day for some mayhem!

withak posted:

There are not nearly enough random capitalizations and no spelling errors, he doesn't repeat himself, he didn't call anyone out by name, and he doesn't have a random thought after he declares witch hunt.

There's no way he wrote that.

evilweasel
Aug 24, 2002

withak posted:

well, his lawyer is rudy guliani, so the first thing he probably saw in the morning was the bottom of a glass of whiskey

Madkal
Feb 11, 2008

Fallen Rib

Random Stranger posted:

The substance of that tweet was probably from his lawyers. The thing is that running his business while running for president is legal. It's just that his business seemed to be doing illegal things to entice Russia to do illegal things so that his campaign could do illegal things and then he illegally covered it up.

At this point admitting to the legal aspects of the chain of events is a safe approach for messaging, especially since it implicates everyone except Donald Trump. That's enough for a smokescreen when someone has to take the extra step of "Hey, maybe someone told Don Jr., Michael Cohen, and half the Trump campaign staff to commit perjury regarding Fat Don's business dealings."

This is the stupid thing. What we know at the moment what he did is technically legal but for the last year or so he has been lying about doing it at all. Like blatantly bold-facedly lying about it, and an innocent man doesn't lie about the things he did do unless he thinks they are illegal.

Hieronymous Alloy
Jan 30, 2009

Why! Why!! Why must you refuse to accept that Dr. Hieronymous Alloy's Genetically Enhanced Cream Corn Is Superior to the Leading Brand on the Market!?!

Morbid Hound

Madkal posted:

This is the stupid thing. What we know at the moment what he did is technically legal but for the last year or so he has been lying about doing it at all. Like blatantly bold-facedly lying about it, and an innocent man doesn't lie about the things he did do unless he thinks they are illegal.

Well, if you're a narcissist who doesn't actually understand the concept of truth because you lack object permanence, then you lie reflexively, but lying to congress and the FBI remains a crime regardless

mdemone
Mar 14, 2001

Madkal posted:

Here is where I will comment that people like Trump (N/BPD) lie all the time for reasons that are sometimes inscrutable, sometimes irrelevant, but always self-preserving or face-saving.

I don't think you can apply typical behavior patterns of lying & innocence to someone like that.

Now obviously from the other facts of the case we can see that he's guilty of crimes, but in a vacuum the lies aren't as damning as they might be for anyone else.

Rigel
Nov 11, 2016

edit: wrong thread

Frabba
May 30, 2008

Investing in chewy toy futures
https://twitter.com/yashar/status/1068543910337667072

The article is from a couple days ago, but this is the first I've heard of Dershowitz allegedly sleeping with minors.

Frabba fucked around with this message at 17:46 on Nov 30, 2018

fool of sound
Oct 10, 2012

Frabba posted:

The article is from a couple days ago, but this is the first I've heard of Dershowitz allegedly sleeping with minors.

Dersh has been strongly suspected to be a pedo for some time, but I think this is the first actual accusation.

evilweasel
Aug 24, 2002

fool_of_sound posted:

Dersh has been strongly suspected to be a pedo for some time, but I think this is the first actual accusation.

It's not. Dersh was the one who negotiated the plea agreement that, for no explained reason, somehow exempted any co-conspirators of Epstein from prosecution.

fool of sound
Oct 10, 2012

evilweasel posted:

It's not. Dersh was the one who negotiated the plea agreement that, for no explained reason, somehow exempted any co-conspirators of Epstein from prosecution.

Holy lmao

Silver2195
Apr 4, 2012

Frabba posted:

The article is from a couple days ago, but this is the first I've heard of Dershowitz sleeping with minors.

https://twitter.com/HashtagGriswold/status/1068205848369995776

(Griswold is being unfair to Hillary when he mentions "Clintons," plural, but I agree with the overall point of the tweet.)

The UK's Prince Andrew is also implicated, by the way. Which makes it sound even more like a crazy conspiracy theory, given the stuff people like Larouche and Icke have said about the Windsors.

Silver2195 fucked around with this message at 17:57 on Nov 30, 2018

VitalSigns
Sep 3, 2011

Silver2195 posted:

The UK's Prince Andrew is also implicated, by the way. Which makes it sound even more like a crazy conspiracy theory, given the stuff people like Larouche and Icke have said about the Windsors.

They're royals, whatever is said about them the reality is worse.

marshmonkey
Dec 5, 2003

I was sick of looking
at your stupid avatar
so
have a cool cat instead.

:v:
Switchblade Switcharoo
https://twitter.com/politico/status/1068528408781410306
https://twitter.com/markknoller/status/1068526064714997760
https://twitter.com/PhilipRucker/status/1068548861109653504
https://twitter.com/nprpolitics/status/1068541414131126272

eke out
Feb 24, 2013

this is all going quite well

https://twitter.com/luis_vernazza/status/1068541682008948739

marshmonkey
Dec 5, 2003

I was sick of looking
at your stupid avatar
so
have a cool cat instead.

Switchblade Switcharoo
https://twitter.com/ZekeJMiller/status/1068542498383876096

quote:

'The office concluded that deputy press secretary Raj Shah, President Trump’s executive assistant Madeleline Westerhoust, Vice President Pence’s press secretary Alyssa Farah, White House Deputy Director of Communications Jessica Ditto and two others violated the Hatch Act.'

Fritz Coldcockin
Nov 7, 2005

:wow:

I hope Trump got all frowny and mad.

Jethro
Jun 1, 2000

I was raised on the dairy, Bitch!
I can't tell if this is a burn or if Abe doesn't know how US elections work.

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

Jethro posted:

Neither, it's literally the huge penis thing from South Park.

JasonV
Dec 8, 2003

Jethro posted:

I think he knows how Trump works.

marshmonkey
Dec 5, 2003

I was sick of looking
at your stupid avatar
so
have a cool cat instead.

Switchblade Switcharoo
https://twitter.com/thehill/status/1068414578952994816

Hieronymous Alloy
Jan 30, 2009

Morbid Hound

Jethro posted:

Abe knows. He's Japanese. This is a brutality.

Thaddius the Large
Jul 5, 2006

It's in the five-hole!

Yeah, we’ve seen how your logic works buddy, no wonder it doesn’t make sense to you.

Fritz Coldcockin
Nov 7, 2005

"What is this 'counting all the votes' bullshit?"

Relentless
Sep 22, 2007

It's a perfect day for some mayhem!

Paul Ryan only understands the premise behind gerrymandering when the GOP gets a supermajority with only 51% of the vote. It's baffling when it happens against his team.

The Demomrats copied their supermove! How could this be?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

theCalamity
Oct 23, 2010

Cry Havoc and let slip the Hogs of War
https://twitter.com/npr/status/1068523798134026240?s=21