Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

predicto
Jul 22, 2004

THE DEM DEFENDER HAS LOGGED ON

Pirate Radar posted:

Apparently Loomer’s protest ended about two hours after it began. The cops showed up but Twitter actually declined to ask her to leave and said she could stay as long as she wanted, so she got deflated and unlocked herself.

actually she had to pee

not a joke

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY
The pee is stored in the boobs.

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013
PISS BREAK IS REAL

Scholtz
Aug 24, 2007

Zorchin' some Flemoids

THE GUN IS GOOD, THE PENIS IS EVIL.

Pirate Radar
Apr 18, 2008

You're not my Ruthie!
You're not my Debbie!
You're not my Sherry!

Scholtz posted:

THE GUN IS GOOD, THE PENIS IS EVIL.

Good movie

fishmech
Jul 16, 2006

by VideoGames
Salad Prong

What point do you think you're making? Or are you alleging that David Duke is behind the Russia investigation now?

STAC Goat posted:

Its New York. She'd be lucky to have been in the Top 10 of most interesting things people saw on their way home from work.

Yeah and it's not like it was a far flung place either, it was right in the middle of Chelsea. On one of the blocks right near a subway station that would normally have a lot of people passing by if only to get to said station.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

HelloSailorSign posted:

Just ask them if the Jewish Ghetto Police were made up of fake or real Jewish people, because since it’s an argument on the internet it should be related to WW2 ASAP.

They admitted that he hangs out with nazis, says nazi things, is popular with nazis, but he still cannot be a nazi because he's Jewish.

Ugggggghhh.

Slutitution
Jun 26, 2018

by Nyc_Tattoo
CNN - which I consider a right-wing outlet - firing Marc Lamont Hill today proves the establishment still thinks Jews are more oppressed than black people

friendbot2000
May 1, 2011

Getting ready for making war on Christmas this year! I am going to set an effigy of Santa alight in the streets and dance around in my Antifa Supersoldier uniform.

Side Note: The War on Christmas stuff is super funny, especially since the Puritan UberChristians banned the celebration of Christmas in the Colonies because it encouraged a good time.

CuddleCryptid
Jan 11, 2013

Things could be going better

Bring back the true meaning of Christmas. By which I mean the true meaning of Santa, who led the Wild Hunt and foretold of war and plauge.

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

Mr Hootington posted:

The pee is stored in the boobs.

no, not like this, not like this

friendbot2000
May 1, 2011

CuddleCryptid posted:

Bring back the true meaning of Christmas. By which I mean the true meaning of Santa, who led the Wild Hunt and foretold of war and plauge.

Yuletide is how Christmas Caroling got started! Meaning songs were sung to protect against the Wild Hunt....

Also, a popular Christmas tradition in Europe was going to rich peoples houses and demanding their finest foods and wines or get Christmas Violence. We should bring that back.

BiggerBoat
Sep 26, 2007

Don't you tell me my business again.
Is anyonr running with that; The War on Christmas? I thought Trump won that? One of his numerous incredible accomplishments.

Has their been a resurgence?

EDIT: Been getting a chuckle lately out of the RWM, "founding fathers", "America is great types defending Trump's actions at the border saying "They need to come in legally!"

You know, like the settlers and founders did.

Long ago, I actually heard some idiot defending the genocide of native americans "because they were savages".

BiggerBoat fucked around with this message at 19:20 on Nov 30, 2018

Corsair Pool Boy
Dec 17, 2004
College Slice

BiggerBoat posted:

Is anyonr running with that; The War on Christmas? I thought Trump won that? One of his numerous incredible accomplishments.

WE'RE GONNA SAY MERRY CHRISTMAS AGAIN

GyroNinja
Nov 7, 2012

friendbot2000 posted:

Also, a popular Christmas tradition in Europe was going to rich peoples houses and demanding their finest foods and wines or get Christmas Violence. We should bring that back.

Didn't that just get transferred to Halloween?

pookel
Oct 27, 2011

Ultra Carp

twistedmentat posted:

They admitted that he hangs out with nazis, says nazi things, is popular with nazis, but he still cannot be a nazi because he's Jewish.

Ugggggghhh.
A good summary of Ben Shapiro I read (maybe here) was "he's not a Nazi, but he only disagrees with them on one issue."

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

BiggerBoat posted:

The "War On Christmas" won't go away because its really just the evangelical "War on Christians" persecution complex. As long they're complaining about Muslims and LGBTQ being elected or some school is holding a "Holiday Concert" instead of a "Christmas" one then there will be assholes on Fox News whining that their rights are being attacked.

pop fly to McGillicutty
Feb 2, 2004

A peckish little mouse!
In Florida, I've seen "we say Merry Christmas" signs since BEFORE Thanksgiving.

moths
Aug 25, 2004

I would also still appreciate some danger.

Last year's "Merry Christmas, heh heh now we can say that again" was the height of conservative christianity.

"I guess it's my lord and saviour's birthday, but I'd rather be a smug rear end in a top hat about Trump winning."

Taerkar
Dec 7, 2002

kind of into it, really

The real War on Christmas has for decades been a losing fight against Christmas showing up earlier and earlier each year.

StealthArcher
Jan 10, 2010

As much as i love the holiday, i cant wait for Homelanders to have thousands of articles written about how theyre killing it because the insane marketing dropped in profitability one year.

Crunch Buttsteak
Feb 26, 2007

You think reality is a circle of salt around my brain keeping witches out?

STAC Goat posted:

The "War On Christmas" won't go away because its really just the evangelical "War on Christians" persecution complex. As long they're complaining about Muslims and LGBTQ being elected or some school is holding a "Holiday Concert" instead of a "Christmas" one then there will be assholes on Fox News whining that their rights are being attacked.

It's weird how much these people truly believe they live in some alternate universe where Christmas is some persecuted, secret holiday only celebrated underground. Hell, the person who brought out Trump at the tree-lighting ceremony on Wednesday introduced him as "the man who brought Christmas back to America".

It's another one of those weird "he said the magic words!" things that Evangelicals seem to fall hook, line, and sinker for. It's like Trump saying "Radical Islamic Terrorism", it seems infuses some sort of deep-seated awe and respect in Evangelicals that I have a hard time wrapping my head around.

BiggerBoat
Sep 26, 2007

Corsair Pool Boy posted:

WE'RE GONNA SAY MERRY CHRISTMAS AGAIN

gently caress that poo poo. Come get me.

STAC Goat posted:

Seriously though I haven't heard it brought up yet this year. I assumed because Trump was office and were Making Christmas Great Again and poo poo but it could just be I'm not paying attention. I loving hate how these assholes turned this thing into an awkward litmus test of purity now though, to the point motherfuckers actually have to pause and even think about it or subconsciously consider the meaning behind it.

I should just start saying "happy holidays" to trigger the CHUDS and on co-workers I don't care for that I'd like to leave me alone. See if this dumb stupid bullshit works in reverse.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Yeah, you probably haven't been paying attention. I definitely saw some thing on it from Fox and I really don't watch Fox at all anymore. But the message I saw was something like "Its not a War on Christmas, its a War on Christianity" so I think its just evolving that way now that Donald Trump saved Christmas and is the "savior of Christianity."

In their reality.

Personally I've never once had to think about it or be confronted about it in the real world. Like I know people have stories of people getting mad at cashiers for saying Happy Holidays or something but like I don't think I've ever once encountered such a problem in my life and if I did I'm sure it just ended with a laugh and "Merry Christmas too" or something.

Its just a made up extension of the people who think its religious persecution to not be able to hang a "No Gays" sign on your business window.

Crunch Buttsteak posted:

It's weird how much these people truly believe they live in some alternate universe where Christmas is some persecuted, secret holiday only celebrated underground. Hell, the person who brought out Trump at the tree-lighting ceremony on Wednesday introduced him as "the man who brought Christmas back to America".

As someone who has a close family member who is one of those persecution complex people I'd say the long answer is that they work themselves into lathers that all the Christmas you see isn't the real Christmas because everyone isn't saying "Happy Birthday Jesus" and any Santa or "Happy Holidays" or nutcracker is basically an affront to "the reason for the season" because its a contest to make sure there's more religious Christmas than secular Christmas. Like I constantly get into these fights because they don't like the totally innocuous Christmas decorations I have and try and shove gaudy, obnoxious, and often obscure religious items in.

Now that I think about it I assume that those incidents then become stories of being "warred on" when they enter back into the bubble later.

STAC Goat fucked around with this message at 00:01 on Dec 1, 2018

BiggerBoat
Sep 26, 2007

STAC Goat posted:

Personally I've never once had to think about it or be confronted about it in the real world. Like I know people have stories of people getting mad at cashiers for saying Happy Holidays or something but like I don't think I've ever once encountered such a problem in my life and if I did I'm sure it just ended with a laugh and "Merry Christmas too" or something.

Its just a made up extension of the people who think its religious persecution to not be able to hang a "No Gays" sign on your business window.

Same, but I live in work in a conservative area. The "awkward" element I'm describing is hard to explain, not that I worry about it particularly. Just dumb stuff like someone saying "Merry Christmas" and some idiots making "jokes" about being offended and the fact that anyone wasted time thinking any of even matters. It's a non issue and always has been and now it's just a...I dunno...just a weird.

And I mostly hate christmas anyway so there's that. One more (dumb) reason.

Slutitution
Jun 26, 2018

by Nyc_Tattoo

pookel posted:

A good summary of Ben Shapiro I read (maybe here) was "he's not a Nazi, but he only disagrees with them on one issue."

I can't tell who Ben Shapiro hates more: Homeless people in America or Palestinians

420 Gank Mid
Dec 26, 2008

WARNING: This poster is a huge bitch!

Slutitution posted:

I can't tell who Ben Shapiro hates more: Homeless people in America or Palestinians

that's a toughie

i'm sure in a vaccuum its palestinians but he never actually has to see them only defend murdering them on twitter

CuddleCryptid
Jan 11, 2013

Things could be going better

People get all crazy about the "War On Christmas" because it allows then to look all devout and holy without having to put any actual work in, allowing them to continue to sit on their piles of money that Jesus would have personally excommunicated them for.

U.T. Raptor
May 11, 2010

Are you a pack of imbeciles!?

Taerkar posted:

The real War on Christmas has for decades been a losing fight against Christmas showing up earlier and earlier each year.
Also this, if there's a war on Christmas, it's only because Christmas annexed Thanksgiving and is marching on Halloween.

Loel
Jun 4, 2012

"For the Emperor."

There was a terrible noise.
There was a terrible silence.

U.T. Raptor posted:

Also this, if there's a war on Christmas, it's only because Christmas annexed Thanksgiving and is marching on Halloween.

At my work they started playing xmas music before halloween :v:

Hunt11
Jul 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer

Loel posted:

At my work they started playing xmas music before halloween :v:

That has to be against some form of convention.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

pookel posted:

A Jewish Person came into the thread and said "Uh he is a Nazi, he thinks if he snuggles up with the head nazis he'll be spared during the purges".

The Ultimate in WAR ON CHRISTMAS Media is Last Ounce Of Courage The Cinema Snobs review of it just highlights what a bizarre reality the people who believe in this poo poo think the world is like. No one banned Merry Christmas or Santa or anything, acknowledging other people exist is not oppressing you you loving scumbags.

Keeshhound
Jan 14, 2010

Mad Duck Swagger

twistedmentat posted:

A Jewish Person came into the thread and said "Uh he is a Nazi, he thinks if he snuggles up with the head nazis he'll be spared during the purges".

The Ultimate in WAR ON CHRISTMAS Media is Last Ounce Of Courage The Cinema Snobs review of it just highlights what a bizarre reality the people who believe in this poo poo think the world is like. No one banned Merry Christmas or Santa or anything, acknowledging other people exist is not oppressing you you loving scumbags.

Right, the one issue he disagrees with is killing all of the Jews.

Corsair Pool Boy
Dec 17, 2004
College Slice
Wait, so Cheetolini won and not only allows us to say Merry Christmas again but brought the holiday back to America, and somehow the war has escalated from 12/25 to the entire religion?

That's some winning right there.
Japanese admiral: "Well sir, we attacked the harbor and won, we sunk most of the battleships. We are now at war with the US and UK. Merry Christmas!"

pookel
Oct 27, 2011

Ultra Carp

twistedmentat posted:

I am also a Jewish person & I disagree with the characterization of Ben Shapiro as a Nazi, fwiw

He's certainly a fascist & a racist (but I repeat myself) though.

pop fly to McGillicutty
Feb 2, 2004

A peckish little mouse!
Andrew Gillum had the greatest retort about Ron Desantis being idolized by racists, "he may not be a racist, but the racists support him."

Same thing with Ben, he might not "be a Nazi", but they listen to him, support him, and are inspired by people like him.

Ague Proof
Jun 5, 2014

they told me
I was everything
Gillum knew DeSantis was a racist, he just couldn't call him one because it'd piss off fragile white people.

Keeshhound
Jan 14, 2010

Mad Duck Swagger

pop fly to McGillicutty posted:

Andrew Gillum had the greatest retort about Ron Desantis being idolized by racists, "he may not be a racist, but the racists support him."

Same thing with Ben, he might not "be a Nazi", but they listen to him, support him, and are inspired by people like him.

No, it was better than that. He said “Now, I’m not calling Mr. DeSantis a racist. I’m simply saying the racists believe he’s a racist.” It was one of the better burns.

Keeshhound fucked around with this message at 15:49 on Dec 1, 2018

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

pookel posted:

I am also a Jewish person & I disagree with the characterization of Ben Shapiro as a Nazi, fwiw

He's certainly a fascist & a racist (but I repeat myself) though.

He's as much a nazi as the Jewish Ghetto Police were, which is to say he may not have the card but he's sure eager to help them out.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HackensackBackpack
Aug 20, 2007

Who needs a house out in Hackensack? Is that all you get for your money?

BiggerBoat posted:

Same, but I live in work in a conservative area. The "awkward" element I'm describing is hard to explain, not that I worry about it particularly. Just dumb stuff like someone saying "Merry Christmas" and some idiots making "jokes" about being offended and the fact that anyone wasted time thinking any of even matters. It's a non issue and always has been and now it's just a...I dunno...just a weird.

And I mostly hate christmas anyway so there's that. One more (dumb) reason.

My experience with retail war on Christmas poo poo was much of the same. If I said happy holidays people would get mad, but if I said merry Christmas then people would want to congratulate me for standing up to the man or something, so I had to have a dumb conversation no matter what I said for like a whole month and it was the busiest month.

I feel like, in my personal circles, it's quieted down a lot. Of course, I'm not a cashier anymore and haven't been for many years, but even my local talk radio station isn't going nearly as all-in as they used to. I don't think it's been brought up once yet, that I've heard.