Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

dudeness posted:

What was the meme, there's a lot of variety of memes so we need to know in order to gauge the situation.

I know this is old but I checked the post and he said it was this:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MightyJoe36
Dec 29, 2013

:minnie: Cat Army :minnie:

Barudak posted:

As a connesuer of tubular meats, your boyfriend sounds fat

Yeah, this was going to be my guess as well. She's probably trying to help him lose weight.

Blade Runner
Aug 14, 2015

CheesyDog posted:

women with nerdy hobbies seem to 100% end up with complete garbage boyfriends

I figured it out

kimbo305
Jun 9, 2007

actually, yeah, I am a little mad

chitoryu12 posted:

I know this is old but I checked the post and he said it was this:

drat, gotta say I have no idea how to read into that.

tactlessbastard
Feb 4, 2001

Godspeed, post
Fun Shoe
Mrs. Bastard has nerdy hobbies and i... Oh dear.

the holy poopacy
May 16, 2009

hey! check this out
Fun Shoe

Blade Runner posted:

I figured it out

CheesyDog posted:

women seem to 100% end up with complete garbage boyfriends

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Nerdy teacher who likes DS9??? Sign me the gently caress up.

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

MarcusSA posted:

MightyJoe36
Dec 29, 2013

:minnie: Cat Army :minnie:

MarcusSA posted:

And likes anal.

Admiral Ray
May 17, 2014

Proud Musk and Dogecoin fanboy

CheesyDog posted:

Financially stable professional women with nerdy hobbies seem to 100% end up with complete garbage boyfriends

well given that their choices are the nerd men it's not surprising

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

Admiral Ray posted:

well given that their choices are the nerd men it's not surprising

I actually opened up a book for nerdy women that said that the most important thing for compatibility was "shared special interests" and I remember wondering what kind of scientology-esque underground motherfucker group was sponsoring that piece of trash

it also said to go for older men and to not care about appearances so much. LADIES.

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

CheesyDog posted:

Financially stable professional women with nerdy hobbies seem to 100% end up with complete garbage boyfriends

or sometimes we don't , but not for lack of trying !!

Barudak
May 7, 2007

My shared interest are being treated with respect, keeping the home clean, providing both emotional and material benefits for each other, and stealing the worlds largest diamond.

Leon Einstein
Feb 6, 2012
I must win every thread in GBS. I don't care how much banal semantic quibbling and shitty posts it takes.
Nerd "culture" is the worst. Successful relationships aren't forged by liking the same TV shows.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Leon Einstein posted:

Nerd "culture" is the worst. Successful relationships aren't forged by liking the same TV shows.

Says you. DS9 is awesome.

Leon Einstein
Feb 6, 2012
I must win every thread in GBS. I don't care how much banal semantic quibbling and shitty posts it takes.

MarcusSA posted:

The OP's honeypot clearly worked. You're like the 5th guy to fall over himself to talk about how cool this anal loving DS9 woman is.

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

Barudak posted:

My shared interest are being treated with respect, keeping the home clean, providing both emotional and material benefits for each other, and stealing the worlds largest diamond.

with you up to the end, i'm only interested in stealing the world's largest gem-quality diamond. :colbert:

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Leon Einstein posted:

The OP's honeypot clearly worked. You're like the 5th guy to fall over himself to talk about how cool this anal loving DS9 woman is.

I dunno about anal but I do like DS9. :shrug:

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Strong stroll for a mangy stray

Jeffrey of YOSPOS posted:

lol I read the whole thing and this sentence needed bolding:

Yeah that was absolutely the money line. Pretty boring up until he dropped that gem

Doc Hawkins
Jun 15, 2010

Dashing? But I'm not even moving!

MightyJoe36 posted:

And likes anal.

And is rich, but frugal.

Maybe the post is a honeypot for creepy PMs?

E: yeah I am with Leon Einstein on this one

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

MarcusSA posted:

also I would contend that you could filter out a LOT of lovely nerd guys by telling them your favorite star trek captain is sisko.

"sisko is great. i especially like how they were able to work in important issues about race and underscore that african and african-american art and heritage is still an important dimension of earth culture"

he wont be able to help himself. he'll blow his cover instantly.

Pick fucked around with this message at 20:34 on Nov 30, 2018

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Pick posted:

also I would contend that you could filter out a LOT of lovely nerd guys by telling them your favorite star trek captain is sisko.

Word.

:hfive:

He was hands down the best captain.

Leon Einstein
Feb 6, 2012

Pick posted:

Let me see that thong

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

To these sing-alongs 🎤of siren 🧜🏻‍♀️songs
To oohs😮 to ahhs😱 to 👏big👏applause👏
With all of my 😡anger I scream🤬 and shout📢
🇺🇸America🦅, I love you 🥰but you're freaking 💦me 😳out
Biscuit Hider

Pick posted:

ugh stupid thots everyone knows it was janeway ffs

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

fruit BOO!ts posted:

sisko's not my personal favorite, im just saying for the purposes of nerd filtering

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Pick posted:

sisko's not my personal favorite, im just saying for the purposes of nerd filtering

So youre saying its a faaaaaaaaake?

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

To these sing-alongs 🎤of siren 🧜🏻‍♀️songs
To oohs😮 to ahhs😱 to 👏big👏applause👏
With all of my 😡anger I scream🤬 and shout📢
🇺🇸America🦅, I love you 🥰but you're freaking 💦me 😳out
Biscuit Hider

Pick posted:

I've actually only ever watched TNG when I was younger but I'll fix that someday.

hevnz 2 murgatroyd
Apr 13, 2018

by Smythe

Cythereal posted:

I really like anal but he's terrified of getting poop on his dick

The potential thread subtitles coming thick and fast

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

fruit BOO!ts posted:

I've actually only ever watched TNG when I was younger but I'll fix that someday.

It's not Picard either, it's the original Kirk. The actual original Kirk, not the reductive pop-culture vision of original Kirk tho.

Tricky D
Apr 1, 2005

I love um!
Insistence on shared hobbies just seems like an excuse to avoid personal growth by having to, heaven forbid, learn from/about your partner.

Admiral Ray
May 17, 2014

Proud Musk and Dogecoin fanboy

Pick posted:

with you up to the end, i'm only interested in stealing the world's largest gem-quality diamond. :colbert:

some robbers prep by doing research into C4. Me? i only care about the 4C's

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

Tricky D posted:

Insistence on shared hobbies just seems like an excuse to avoid personal growth by having to, heaven forbid, learn from/about your partner.

thats exactly what it is

Panfilo
Aug 27, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 11 days!
I used to be a little envious of my friend's spouse because she shared his nerdy hobbies. But she ended up being insufferable and he ended up not having anything he could do that didn't have her tagging along. So I guess it's a blessing in disguise that my wife isn't super into nerdy stuff since she is way more sane than my friends spouse.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Tricky D posted:

It depends, like if one persons hobby is freehand climb mountains and the others is to play in a country band its probably not gonna work out but they should still date each other so they can make the material necessary for the next song to take the grand ol opry by storm

Baronjutter
Dec 31, 2007

"Tiny Trains"

Pick posted:

thats exactly what it is

Yeah it's perfectly normal and good to have totally different hobbies or taste in media, people who think they're incompatible with someone because they like a different anime or don't read the same comic as them are hosed. That said i don't think I could ever see myself with anyone who prefers Voyager to DS9. That's my nerd culture deal breaker.

A Wizard of Goatse
Dec 14, 2014

Barudak posted:

It depends, like if one persons hobby is freehand climb mountains and the others is to play in a country band its probably not gonna work out but they should still date each other so they can make the material necessary for the next song to take the grand ol opry by storm

IDK I feel like most cool people would be down to make time for both of these, simultaneously if at all possible, it's more like if you want to spend every weekend camping and he wants to spend every weekend on Fortnite

really basically the problem is if one party's "hobby" is slouching around at home being a waste of space

A Wizard of Goatse fucked around with this message at 21:00 on Nov 30, 2018

Tricky D
Apr 1, 2005

I love um!

Barudak posted:

There's no reason it shouldn't, provided there's mutual respect and shared relationship goals.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

It’s about *gasp* balance!

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

Panfilo posted:

I used to be a little envious of my friend's spouse because she shared his nerdy hobbies. But she ended up being insufferable and he ended up not having anything he could do that didn't have her tagging along. So I guess it's a blessing in disguise that my wife isn't super into nerdy stuff since she is way more sane than my friends spouse.

ideally 99% of your life isn't spent sitting around agreeing with one another that the gorn's outfit shows too much leg

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nancy
Nov 23, 2005

Young Orc

fruit BOO!ts posted:

Sorry Sisko's the best, if only because Avery Brooks spent the Captains "interview" jazz-piano-ing at Shatner.