Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

alkanphel
Mar 24, 2004

Caribou's role in the breakout is definitely going to be pretty hilarious, I can't wait for the prison break to happen already.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

bring back fat kidd and luffy

Doctor_Fruitbat
Jun 2, 2013

I was wondering what happened to Caribou. Yet another plot thread comes into play; Wano is going to be 200 chapters long at this rate.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
This arc owns an insane amount

Angry Lobster
May 16, 2011

Served with honor
and some clarified butter.
The smile fruit users design is so freaking great.

Lpzie
Nov 20, 2006

hmm... mixed feelings about this prison and these guards... . . . . . . . .. ..

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

ASK ME ABOUT KISSING A GHOST
"so these are the guys outperforming everyone in physical labour even while starving and shackled with seastone."

'aaand they just regained a bunch of energy because they earned so much food'

'...'

'i should totally try beating them up!' :downs:

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.
Seastone was originally nonlethal Kryptonite to Devil Fruit users, but interesting and slightly alarming that it seems like with sufficient strength and willpower the effects can be fought off. I wonder if Luffy and Kidd will end up even stronger when they get the cuffs off.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

it'd would be a cool weakness of seastone that people don't realise that if you have it on a fruit user permanently they can become resistant to it. Impel down was constantly torturing people on top of it which is why you wouldn't see it there

lol at nami being an effecftive ninja and the other one just screaming non-stop

Jose fucked around with this message at 12:48 on Nov 30, 2018

Nessus
Dec 22, 2003

After a Speaker vote, you may be entitled to a valuable coupon or voucher!

Ghost Leviathan posted:

Seastone was originally nonlethal Kryptonite to Devil Fruit users, but interesting and slightly alarming that it seems like with sufficient strength and willpower the effects can be fought off. I wonder if Luffy and Kidd will end up even stronger when they get the cuffs off.
I figure when seastone was introduced Luffy didn't have much else going on other than a bad attitude and the historical science of Marxism-Leninism. Now he's got like six flavors of haki and he's pissed off. It's like how if you took away Wolverine's claws and skeleton metal he's still a strong little angry dude who likes to fight.

Folt The Bolt
Feb 21, 2012

Nothing exciting to see here. Move along.

Nessus posted:

I figure when seastone was introduced Luffy didn't have much else going on other than a bad attitude and the historical science of Marxism-Leninism. Now he's got like six flavors of haki and he's pissed off. It's like how if you took away Wolverine's claws and skeleton metal he's still a strong little angry dude who likes to fight.

Or like Blackbeard vs. Whitebeard: Take away his DF powers and you're still left with the world's strongest man who could kill you in a few hits despite Whitebeard being well past his prime.

Caidin
Oct 29, 2011
"You are the light of HOPE!" Said the starving prisoners of the two men who had run many of them off the road, and eaten literally all the food in camp.

Caidin fucked around with this message at 13:51 on Nov 30, 2018

AtomikKrab
Jul 17, 2010

Keep on GOP rolling rolling rolling rolling.

Caidin posted:

"You are the light of HOPE!" Said the starving prisoners of the two men who had run many of them off the road, and eaten literally all the food in camp.

They would be starving regardless, this way at least they get to see their tormentors hosed with.

Also quite possibly on that if you are exposed to seastone long enough you might be able to resist its effects.

And I just remembered luffy is still stretchy even when exposed to seastone… so he could actually still fight just at a reduced capacity.

Doctor_Fruitbat
Jun 2, 2013

Didn't Oda explicitly state ages ago that water drained fruit users so badly that they couldn't even have a proper bath without it leaving them weak? And as late as Dressrosa, Luffy fell over just by grabbing a pair of seastone window bars, and Law was stuck on the back of Moocy for ages because he was handcuffed. Being able to push through the exhaustion is fine to a point, hauling 500 giant blocks with no sign of flagging is so far beyond anything currently established that it feels like a retcon.

Oh Snapple!
Dec 27, 2005

Whoooooo gives a poo poo, it was good and funny.

Professor Wayne
Aug 27, 2008

So, Harvey, what became of the giant penny?

They actually let him keep it.
Friendship ended with Law

Now Kidd is my best friend

Last Celebration
Mar 30, 2010

Doctor_Fruitbat posted:

Didn't Oda explicitly state ages ago that water drained fruit users so badly that they couldn't even have a proper bath without it leaving them weak? And as late as Dressrosa, Luffy fell over just by grabbing a pair of seastone window bars, and Law was stuck on the back of Moocy for ages because he was handcuffed. Being able to push through the exhaustion is fine to a point, hauling 500 giant blocks with no sign of flagging is so far beyond anything currently established that it feels like a retcon.

Eh, sea prism is supposed to have the same draining effect as the sea (and nullify fruit powers), and post timeskip Luffy started off by throwing giant Elephant Pistols out in his tiny water bubble and even Robin can do some stuff with her giant hands underwater. I think the point is more that Luffy is so horribly strong at this point that even drained of power he’s still above the average new world flunky.

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012

Doctor_Fruitbat posted:

It's sea water specifically. Freshwater (rivers, lakes, etc) doesn't do anything.

Lotus Aura
Aug 16, 2009

KNEEL BEFORE THE WICKED KING!

Doctor_Fruitbat posted:

Didn't Oda explicitly state ages ago that water drained fruit users so badly that they couldn't even have a proper bath without it leaving them weak?

The first time we see Kalifa using her fruit, she's having a bath and uses that as a weapon.

Man with Hat
Dec 26, 2007

Open up your Dethday present
It's a box of fucking nothing

Exciting Lemon
Robin could also bite down hard enough to slow down being dragged throught the gates of justice, and Ace walks just fine in seastone cuffs when he's being moved to his execution.

Green Intern
Dec 29, 2008

Loon, Crazy and Laughable

Dobon’s introduction page had me thinking he was actually triple-hippo, instead of double. . It was not pleasant.

U-DO Burger
Nov 12, 2007

Doctor_Fruitbat posted:

Luffy's resisting and toughing it out because he's competing with Kidd because he's a simpleton.

Doctor_Fruitbat
Jun 2, 2013

It does beg the question of why they're still in prison though, since they could apparently just beat up all the guards, smash down the doors with one of those giant bricks and run for the hills.

AkumaHokoru
Jul 20, 2007

Doctor_Fruitbat posted:

It does beg the question of why they're still in prison though, since they could apparently just beat up all the guards, smash down the doors with one of those giant bricks and run for the hills.

the cuffs would still be on and all of wano is enemy territory.

U-DO Burger
Nov 12, 2007

Doctor_Fruitbat posted:

they wanted that tasty prison food

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

AkumaHokoru posted:

the cuffs would still be on and all of wano is enemy territory.

The only thing stopping luffy from jailbreaking is his newfound rivalry with Kid.

Snazzy Frocks
Mar 31, 2003

Scratchmo
Kidd has the pirate king dream as well right?

Caidin
Oct 29, 2011
Honestly I think in all the fussing about prison adventures we missed the most important thing about this chapter, Sanji is almost certainly gonna have a cooking battle with a random street chef.

Doctor_Fruitbat
Jun 2, 2013

Of course they may well decide next chapter that they're good to go and bust the gently caress out while still bickering with each other, so I'll probably be praising Oda for being an amazing genius this time next week.

Mulderman
Mar 20, 2009

Did someone say axe magnet?
Hahaha those idiots! Luffy has been to Impel Down. They actually FEED you here. Dude has nothing to worry about.

I Am Fowl
Mar 8, 2008

nononononono
Every new SMILE user makes me smile. Oda must have a sketchbook just filled with them that he's been waiting to use.

Snazzy Frocks
Mar 31, 2003

Scratchmo
It's odd that impel down exists almost as a soft execution for prisoners in several of the levels but shiliew was too cruel to continue to work there

Reiche
Jan 28, 2009

I like my coffee with cream and lsd.

Snazzy Frocks posted:

It's odd that impel down exists almost as a soft execution for prisoners in several of the levels but shiliew was too cruel to continue to work there

I think his deal was that he sliced up both prisoners and guards willy-nilly

DizzyBum
Apr 16, 2007

Xelkelvos posted:

It's sea water specifically. Freshwater (rivers, lakes, etc) doesn't do anything.

It's "standing water" according to Oda in an SBS. So rivers and lakes or even taking a bath will weaken fruit users. Rain or showers have no effect.

White Light
Dec 19, 2012

We already covered this crazy blackbeard theory right?

http://www.opfanpage.com/2018/11/23/blackbeards-body-and-darkness-his-biggest-secret-explained-3/

Blackbeard has a brother that he hides in the darkness of his logia and that's the one that ate the quake fruit

Reminds me a lot of that move The Prestige

White Light fucked around with this message at 20:29 on Nov 30, 2018

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Wapol is way cooler than this hippo dude

Snazzy Frocks
Mar 31, 2003

Scratchmo

Parrotine posted:

We already covered this crazy blackbeard theory right?

http://www.opfanpage.com/2018/11/23/blackbeards-body-and-darkness-his-biggest-secret-explained-3/

Blackbeard has a brother that he hides in the darkness of his logia and that's the one that ate the quake fruit

Reminds me a lot of that move The Prestige

this one is new to me

im changing my cerberus theory support to this one

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

The teeth and missing rings are really convincing

Snazzy Frocks
Mar 31, 2003

Scratchmo
maybe teach never drank milk before becoming a yonkou

also i never made the connection between smiley's death and the apple turning into a devil fruit. i read through these chaps too quickly

Snazzy Frocks fucked around with this message at 20:48 on Nov 30, 2018

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

I R SMART LIKE ROCK
Mar 10, 2003

I just want a hug.

Fun Shoe

Jose posted:

The teeth and missing rings are really convincing

Yeah this theory seems fairly plausible, and Oda does love to drop hints along the way. Like Whitebeard and his Gurararara laugh or Sanji and the naming scheme