Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Theophany
Jul 22, 2014

SUCCHIAMI IL MIO CAZZO DA DIETRO, RANA RAGAZZO

2022 FIA Formula 1 WDC

track day bro! posted:

Do ya remember (do ya) when Keven Magnussen was at McLaren

Edit: Wait did that happen or did I just make that up

Who?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

track day bro! posted:

Do ya remember (do ya) when Keven Magnussen was at McLaren

Edit: Wait did that happen or did I just make that up

I think you must be mistaken

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

KMag got a podium at Mclaren that reflects very poorly on Stoffel

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

What year was it that Button set the fastest time the first day of testing and then they found out that they actually installed part of the suspension upside down, then installed it correctly then car was slow as poo poo and they never looked at that suspension component again.

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

1500quidpoocati posted:

What year was it that Button set the fastest time the first day of testing and then they found out that they actually installed part of the suspension upside down, then installed it correctly then car was slow as poo poo and they never looked at that suspension component again.

2014, it gave them an illegally low ride height.

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh
rushes into thread panting

Reddit is full of corporate advertising, peadophiles, incels, men’s rights activists, racism, right wing nut jobs, a super serious and heavily used pro-trump board, rapists, people who identify as “gamers” and Max Verstappen fans.

Wishing reddit on people is a step too far, even for the worst thread.

Vote Labour.

Theophany
Jul 22, 2014

2022 FIA Formula 1 WDC

learnincurve posted:

rushes into thread panting

Reddit is full of corporate advertising, peadophiles, incels, men’s rights activists, racism, right wing nut jobs, a super serious and heavily used pro-trump board, rapists, people who identify as “gamers” and Max Verstappen fans.

Wishing reddit on people is a step too far, even for the worst thread.

Vote Labour.

Yeah but then again UKMT is a loving Marxist haven, soooo...

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

Labour are too right wing for me.

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

Marx owns

Khablam
Mar 29, 2012

Theophany posted:

I wish I hadn't just gone over there. They have an entire loving thread dedicated to Max Verstappen.
I'm on it.

CratSock
Aug 5, 2004

Sock Wielding Assassin

Marx Verstappen is a polarizing figure, indeed.

Full Collapse
Dec 4, 2002

I hope the pistonheads Max thread is filled with so much slash fiction that even Khablam would say, “no, this is a step too far.”

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

Minto Took posted:

I hope the pistonheads Max thread is filled with so much slash fiction that even Khablam would say, “no, this is a step too far.”

A step too high, you mean

Full Collapse
Dec 4, 2002

Touché.

CratSock
Aug 5, 2004

Sock Wielding Assassin

Minto Took posted:

"Max slowly put one bare foot on the ladder. The cool aluminum was refreshing against the contrast of his hot skin..."

GramCracker
Oct 8, 2005

beauty by stroll

CratSock posted:

"Max slowly put one bare foot on the ladder. The cool aluminum was refreshing against the contrast of his hot skin..."

“...still radiating from the heat of the lashes of his fathers belt.”

CratSock
Aug 5, 2004

Sock Wielding Assassin

Here we go... :gonk:

Theophany
Jul 22, 2014

2022 FIA Formula 1 WDC

GramCracker posted:

“...still radiating from the heat of the lashes of his fathers belt.”

can't wait until max verstappen is an alcoholic wife-beating rear end in a top hat who reflects on his ultimately failed career in f1, it's the circle of life

DoctorGonzo
Jul 25, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
i just heard that rbr will use honda engines next year, pretty wild if you ask me. has anybody heard something about this?

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

DoctorGonzo posted:

i just heard that rbr will use honda engines next year, pretty wild if you ask me. has anybody heard something about this?

Yes I think it’s an excellent choice, the Japanese are terrific people who are probably excellent at building engines.

Frond
Mar 12, 2018

The Kimoa Kid posted:

2014, it gave them an illegally low ride height.

Frond
Mar 12, 2018

CratSock posted:

Because he was completely forgettable. The Stoff of his time. But he'll still beat Stroll, no question about it. Maybe once a mediocre driver like Checo puts Stroll in his place (in the team his daddy owns) we can finally agree that he's poo poo.

Perez has matured into a decent driver.

CratSock
Aug 5, 2004

Sock Wielding Assassin

Frond posted:

Perez has matured into a decent driver.

He's OK, but still nothing special. Like he manages to keep the drama to a minimum, but he doesn't really seem do punch above his weight. Pretty standard mid-packer I'd say. I would definitely rate him higher than a lot of the others though (Grosjean, Stroll, Kvyyat, etc.)

edit: your assessment of "decent driver" is pretty spot on.

DoctorGonzo
Jul 25, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
perez couldnt pass sirotkin , he loving sucks

Frond
Mar 12, 2018

CratSock posted:

He's OK, but still nothing special. Like he manages to keep the drama to a minimum, but he doesn't really seem do punch above his weight. Pretty standard mid-packer I'd say. I would definitely rate him higher than a lot of the others though (Grosjean, Stroll, Kvyyat, etc.)

edit: your assessment of "decent driver" is pretty spot on.

His Singapore race was a good example of why he will never go beyond the midfield though.

Frond
Mar 12, 2018
It’s actually shocking that Sirotkin outqualified Stroll. Stroll was the least impressive driver this year IMO.

Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester
Oct 3, 2000

1500quidpoocati posted:

the Japanese are terrific people who are probably excellent at building engines.
I still believe this despite 4 years of conflicting evidence

But seriously, which is worse -- 4chan or reddit?

Frond
Mar 12, 2018
Reddit.

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

what exactly is 4chan's demographic? It was funny for like 6 months when I was 13 I can't imagine how low the emotional intelligence of someone who finds any value in that site past that amount of time is.

Frond
Mar 12, 2018

1500quidpoocati posted:

what exactly is 4chan's demographic? It was funny for like 6 months when I was 13 I can't imagine how low the emotional intelligence of someone who finds any value in that site past that amount of time is.

People that like Hentai and Anime, white nationalists.

Frond
Mar 12, 2018
I bought a Toyota 86.

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

Frond posted:

People that like Hentai and Anime, white nationalists.

Frond posted:

Reddit.

Frond posted:

I bought a Toyota 86.

:thunk:

Frond
Mar 12, 2018
I hate Reddit and White Nationalists are fags and extremely impotent. Like the far right used to be about blowing up train stations and collaborating with the CIA for military coups. Now it’s about sending pictures of bananas to black people on Twitter.

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

Did you guys see the new Mazda 3 hatch, with the world's largest C-pillar + smallest rear window?

Frond
Mar 12, 2018
It looks rad.

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

The Kimoa Kid posted:

Did you guys see the new Mazda 3 hatch, with the world's largest C-pillar + smallest rear window?

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

and then the car turned in to fire

The Kimoa Kid posted:

it's dumb unless they are making a speed version of it in which case maybe it will be good????

Frond
Mar 12, 2018
You didn’t post the XJS? For shame.

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

Gigi Galli posted:

it's dumb unless they are making a speed version of it in which case maybe it will be good????

They said they're not :( the Skyactive-X engine sounds cool but it's apparently not going to be available until later next year, so why even announce it for the 2019 model??

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

and then the car turned in to fire