Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ben Nerevarine
Apr 14, 2006
I've had Cohh playing in the background all day and I'm surprised how improved the menus look compared to X3. Can't wait to get home and give her a whirl.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Airspace
Nov 5, 2010
oh hey you can save in space.

That's nice.

queeb
Jun 10, 2004

m

goddamn i cant find an argon wharf at all in the 2 sectors.

queeb fucked around with this message at 20:40 on Nov 30, 2018

Themage
Jul 21, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo
Nevermind, I should've read the ship description, its a gas miner not an asteroid miner :suicide:

Regarde Aduck
Oct 19, 2012

c l o u d k i t t e n
Grimey Drawer

Drunk Badger posted:

So with my 144hz monitor with gsync, which Vsync should I be using if disabling it "isn't supported"?

You can force VSYNC off in your NVIDIA control panel. Assuming you're using an NVIDIA card. That overrides any bullshit the game tries.

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

Is there an easier way to hire people than going up to them on a station?

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Pylons posted:

Is there an easier way to hire people than going up to them on a station?

You can do it from the ship upgrade screen, just ask it to give you crew members. There are quality levels too but I'm not sure if you can buy the good quality ones easily.

Leal
Oct 2, 2009

Leal posted:

Where is the emblems folder so I can drop dicks into it?

Make a save and look in your documents folder for an egosoft folder, then go into x4 and into a folder that has a bunch of numbers in the name. Put in a folder called "logos", make sure the image is square and has the same dimensions for width and length.

Drunk Badger
Aug 27, 2012

Trained Drinking Badger
A Faithful Companion

Grimey Drawer
Is there some easier way to find the trader on the landing platform? The transporter says he's on here somewhere

Edit: Oh look, he has a little office in the middle of nowhere on this gigantic station. Maybe if he was a better trader he'd have something I could teleport to

Drunk Badger fucked around with this message at 21:06 on Nov 30, 2018

Airspace
Nov 5, 2010
Came out of a jumpgate with a freighter in my way, collided with them and died.

GOTY 10/10

pixaal
Jan 8, 2004

All ice cream is now for all beings, no matter how many legs.

Wait, is this actually stable on release day? I remember X3 being very buggy at launch. I was planning on playing tonight no matter what, but I'm actually excited if it's stable and I wont need to start a new save in a few months after my file is all kinds of hosed up from launch bugs.

I need to dig up my flight stick, throttle, and peddles, it takes up way too much space to leave setup if I'm not playing a space game.

Airspace posted:

Came out of a jumpgate with a freighter in my way, collided with them and died.

GOTY 10/10

That's part of the X experience, glad they still haven't fixed that poo poo. Always save before going through busy gates.

queeb
Jun 10, 2004

m

i bought a mining ship, but i dunno how to make it mine.

Davos
Jul 1, 2011

DESERVING RECOGNITION
So how stable does this seem to be on launch compared to previous X games? Worth picking up over the weekend or should I wait a few months

sandoz
Jan 29, 2009

queeb posted:

i bought a mining ship, but i dunno how to make it mine.

you already bought it

sandoz
Jan 29, 2009

it's yours

queeb
Jun 10, 2004

m

well played

DogonCrook
Apr 24, 2016

I think my 20 years as hurricane chaser might be a little relevant ive been through more hurricanws than moat shiitty newscasters
Trip report sang blackhole sun and smoked weed didnt notice the game was hung i havent accomplished anything now i have poo poo to do. gently caress.

TjyvTompa
Jun 1, 2001

im gay

Pylons posted:

In the map, hit "filter settings", and then with "trade filters" selected, hit the power button on the left of the window to turn off the pricing menus.

Thank you so much! It was seriously impossible to use the map with that enabled, probably a rare error seeing how I'm playing in 4k on a 65" screen but still...

Do I need something for the autpilot to work? When I enable it my ship just turn slightly to the right and the goes straight forward no matter what target I have set.

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

TjyvTompa posted:

Thank you so much! It was seriously impossible to use the map with that enabled, probably a rare error seeing how I'm playing in 4k on a 65" screen but still...

Do I need something for the autpilot to work? When I enable it my ship just turn slightly to the right and the goes straight forward no matter what target I have set.

I don't think you just have to target something - try opening the map and right clicking on something and hitting "start guidance to object" and then using autopilot.

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

> BEWARE, COWARD :ovr:

Anyone happen to have a 21:9 or other "ultrawide" aspect ratio and observed any troubles?

Phobeste
Apr 9, 2006

never, like, count out Touchdown Tom, man
Finding one of the highways that threads through multiple jump gates and just riding it across the universe with literally 0 loading times owns so hard

Anomandaris
Apr 3, 2010
As somebody who loved to play X3 (though I think I skipped the last expansion), is it worth buying this now? I'm really tempted.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

I wonder what "venture ships" are, there's a tab for them in the organizer.

queeb
Jun 10, 2004

m

anyone else not have an argon shipyard or wharf at all? this is weird.

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

queeb posted:

I didn't have one in black hole sun, mine's in Argon Prime. Jump on the highway in Second Contact II Flashpoint.

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Is there a campaign to vaguely pay attention to or a bunch of mini-plots?

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Mini plots afaik, like X3.

E: Also most station locations are, as far as I know, randomized per playthrough.

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Cool, either/or works for me but pure sandbox and I eventually get bored.

I forgot I'm leaving the country for a few weeks next month so I get to look on jealously for longer than I was thinking

Nicodemus Dumps
Jan 9, 2006

Just chillin' in the sink

I bought a crew member for my lovely starter ship thinking he would passively repair the hull but it the few minutes I was observing that doesn't seem to be the case? Anyone know what service crew members do?

Themage
Jul 21, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo

OwlFancier posted:

Mini plots afaik, like X3.

E: Also most station locations are, as far as I know, randomized per playthrough.

station locations are randomized in sector but they're always going to be in the same sector at the start of the game

Phi230
Feb 2, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

queeb posted:

Stations are randomized every playthrough!

queeb
Jun 10, 2004

m

i foudn it, yaay. got a mining ship that can mine too, apparently the tellari one cant? built an argon one and could right click the asteroid field and tell it to mine.

also, mining is not good money. 5k per load of minerals from the small ship.

queeb fucked around with this message at 22:17 on Nov 30, 2018

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

queeb posted:

i foudn it, yaay. got a mining ship that can mine too, apparently the tellari one cant? built an argon one and could right click the asteroid field and tell it to mine.

It was worthless for making money in X3 too, it was more for getting your own raw materials for construction.

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

queeb posted:

It's supposedly more lucrative for special crystals that you find on asteroids.

Squiggle
Sep 29, 2002

I don't think she likes the special sauce, Rick.

Pylons posted:

It's supposedly more lucrative for special crystals that you find on asteroids.

Yeah, little blue shiny nubs on the rocks that you shoot the poo poo out of and hoover up.

Coucho Marx
Mar 2, 2009

kick back and relax

queeb posted:

I'm still downloading, but was your problem

Themage posted:

Nevermind, I should've read the ship description, its a gas miner not an asteroid miner :suicide:

?

RBA Starblade posted:

It was worthless for making money in X3 too, it was more for getting your own raw materials for construction.

I remember Nividium mining was worth it in X3, at least. I wonder if that's in X4?

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

I'm making quite a lot of money as an independent repair contractor :v:

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Speaking of construction I sure hope build times aren't in days again because I couldn't be bothered then and I still can't be with that

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

OwlFancier posted:

I'm making quite a lot of money as an independent repair contractor :v:

How do you go about doing this?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Leal
Oct 2, 2009
Why does the game keep giving me missions to build space stations :saddowns: