Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Woodchip
Mar 28, 2010
More like iced road truckers

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur

Vasudus posted:

Palin's house got crushed. At least there's some good in the world done.

Maybe now she'll just move to Russia instead of looking at it from her house.

Syrian Lannister
Aug 25, 2007

Oh, did I kill him too?
I've been a very busy little man.

Sugartime Jones

FAUXTON posted:

Neil Degrabasse Tyson

Nice

sharknado slashfic
Jun 24, 2011

FAUXTON posted:

Neil Degrabasse Tyson

:trumppop:

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

Hi there, would you like to try some spicy products?

Vasudus posted:

Good.

FAUXTON posted:

Neil Degrabasse Tyson

:drat:

Melthir
Dec 29, 2009

I need to go scrap some money together cause my avatar is just sad.
Still not dead.

Edit: earthquake joke

Melthir fucked around with this message at 21:01 on Nov 30, 2018

PookBear
Nov 1, 2008

Vasudus posted:

Totally gonna vacation there when Brexit happens and the pound slides into oblivion.

i read this as pound slides into oblivion as if slides was a new slang term for uh, loose women

Vasudus
May 30, 2003
i mean really british slang could go either way

egyptian rat race
Jul 13, 2007

Lowtax Spine Fund 2019
Ultra Carp
I spent most of a week in Edinburgh last year and it kicked rear end. I regret not taking a train somewhere. What should be next on my list in the British isles?

Current event: it turns out millennials aren't killing industry with targeted spending...

Check out @NPR’s tweet: [url]https://twitter.com/NPR/status/1068490328414408711

egyptian rat race fucked around with this message at 21:10 on Nov 30, 2018

Vasudus
May 30, 2003
I would argue that a good half of the 'Millennials are killing x' industry are generational poverty related. I see lists of industries/topics sometimes that we're responsible for killing and I'll say outloud to myself 'good, gently caress them' or 'like gently caress i'm spending x dollars on y item'. It's always hilariously lovely industries too.

FrozenVent
May 1, 2009

The Boeing 737-200QC is the undisputed workhorse of the skies.

egyptian rat race posted:

I spent most of a week in Edinburgh last year and it kicked rear end. I regret not taking a train somewhere. What should be next on my list in the British isles?

Current event: it turns out millennials aren't killing industry with targeted spending...

Millennials have less money than boomers? Good lord, my monocle just popped off.

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

https://twitter.com/Principaladin/status/1068510460583034881

psydude
Apr 1, 2008

If you're an outdoorsy person you can't go wrong with really anywhere in the Highlands or the Inner or Outer Hebrides. Skye is a bit overcrowded with tourists in the summer, but if you go there in March or September it isn't too bad. Any of the boat-only islands (Islay, Jura, the Outer Hebrides, Orkney) are a lot less crowded.

mods changed my name
Oct 30, 2017
spent like 2 weeks in the uk this spring, a+ would recommend

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

Vasudus posted:

I would argue that a good half of the 'Millennials are killing x' industry are generational poverty related. I see lists of industries/topics sometimes that we're responsible for killing and I'll say outloud to myself 'good, gently caress them' or 'like gently caress i'm spending x dollars on y item'. It's always hilariously lovely industries too.

Debeers is in deep poo poo!? Well, thank god for that.

Immanentized
Mar 17, 2009
Yo, all these people are loving awul, and the individually, and collectively wield enough power to gently caress us over for another 3 generations:

Nielsen trying to put on her best Cinncinatus face:
https://www.politico.com/story/2018/11/30/kirstjen-nielsen-border-police-1035554

Zinke being Zinke:
https://www.politico.com/story/2018/11/30/zinke-grijalva-drunk-1035145

MbS and Putin practing their secret handshake:
https://www.nytimes.com/2018/11/29/world/americas/g20-audi-prince-khashoggi.html

Sandberg, is in fact scum of the earth:
https://www.nytimes.com/2018/11/29/technology/george-soros-facebook-sheryl-sandberg.html

golden bubble
Jun 3, 2011

yospos

For some more uplifting news, here's the plan for the first bill of next year's Democratic House of Reps, an reform bill omnibus bill.

quote:

Campaign finance
Public financing of campaigns, powered by small donations, probably based upon The Government By the People Act proposal. In this proposal, the federal government would provide a voluntary 6-1 match for candidates for president and Congress on small donations only , which means for every dollar a candidate raises from small donations (>$151), the federal government would match it six times over.

Passing the DISCLOSE Act. This would ban campaign contributions and expenditures by corporations that are controlled, influenced, or owned by foreign nationals, redefine "independent expenditure for a candidate" to include an expenditure that is the functional equivalent of express advocacy for a candidate, and adds disclosure requirements for campaign-related disbursements by PACs, corporations, labor organizations, etc.

Passing the Honest Ads Act, which would expand the definition of "public communication" and "electioneering communication" in the Federal Election Campaign Act (1974) to cover many situations on the internet, including Facebook and Twitter.

Ethics
Requiring the president to disclose his or her tax returns.

Stopping members of Congress from using taxpayer money to settle sexual harassment cases or buy first-class plane tickets.

Giving the Office of Government Ethics the power to do more oversight and enforcement and put in stricter lobbying registration requirements.

Create a new ethical code for the US Supreme Court, ensuring all branches of government are impacted by the new law.

Voting rights
Creating new national automatic voter registration that asks voters to opt out, rather than opt in, ensuring more people will be signed up to vote. Early voting and online voter registration would also be promoted.

Restoring the Voting Rights Act. Ending partisan gerrymandering in federal elections and prohibiting voter roll purging.

Beefing up elections security, including requiring the Director of National Intelligence to do regular checks on foreign threats.

AreWeDrunkYet
Jul 8, 2006

The less feel good implication here is that a whole bunch of cops likely got away with beating a whole bunch of people that aren't undercover cops.

Vasudus
May 30, 2003

golden bubble posted:

For some more uplifting news, here's the plan for the first bill of next year's Democratic House of Reps, an reform bill omnibus bill.

cool poo poo that'll die in the senate

Defenestrategy
Oct 24, 2010

Vasudus posted:

On the plus side it may be a hammer to use against Repubs in the next election cycle right? PACs and Gerrymandering are pretty unpopular with everyone except rich dudes and politicians yeah?

sharknado slashfic
Jun 24, 2011

Defenestrategy posted:

On the plus side it may be a hammer to use against Repubs in the next election cycle right? PACs and Gerrymandering are pretty unpopular with everyone except rich dudes and politicians yeah?

I ran into this with the recent restructuring of our congressional districts, on one hand people shouldn't be gerrymandered into never being able to elect someone who really represents them, period, but on the other hand the last 3 years have been a pretty compelling argument against allowing people to elect someone who really represents them and I'm sort of torn. If it was an actual nationwide mandate to fix gerrymandered districts then I support that fully though.

mlmp08
Jul 11, 2004

Prepare for my priapic projectile's exalted penetration
Nap Ghost
Millenials: failures for not getting good jobs.

Failing Corporations: victims of murder.

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

Every revolution evaporates and leaves behind only the slime of a new bureaucracy

Vasudus posted:

I'm fine with them getting this put together and on the books and sending it to the Senate once every session or so and using it against everyone that votes it down for every election that comes up.

Acebuckeye13
Nov 2, 2010
Ultra Carp

That Works posted:

I'm fine with them getting this put together and on the books and sending it to the Senate once every session or so and using it against everyone that votes it down for every election that comes up.

Yeah, the point of it is that while they know it's never going to go anywhere in the Senate, it's a very useful tool both to hammer Republicans and to demonstrate to voters what kinds of legislation people can expect from a Democratic Congress.

BadOptics
Sep 11, 2012

Vasudus posted:

IMO, the guillotine industry has a very good chance of making a historic comeback though!

facialimpediment
Feb 11, 2005

as the world turns
Fuckin Florida, man.

https://twitter.com/jaredlholt/status/1068628419871735808

https://twitter.com/jerryiannelli/status/1068649151037087744

mods changed my name
Oct 30, 2017
they will be issued to all officers for uniformity :shucks:

ded
Oct 27, 2005

Kooler than Jesus

Why do sheriffs need tactical helmets? Are they going to be facing mortars and rocket fire?

sharknado slashfic
Jun 24, 2011

ded posted:

Why do sheriffs need tactical helmets? Are they going to be facing mortars and rocket fire?

I assume white people think cities are like the beginning of Predator 2

While I was checking where specifically in Florida Broward is I found this

https://twitter.com/jaketapper/status/1068641080445411330

Viva Miriya
Jan 9, 2007

Vasudus posted:

yeet

Hot Karl Marx
Mar 16, 2009

Politburo regulations about social distancing require to downgrade your Karlmarxing to cold, and sorry about the dnc primaries, please enjoy!
https://twitter.com/jules_su/status/1068637724608000000?s=19

PookBear
Nov 1, 2008

ded posted:

because they're giant babies who want to play gi joe barbie dressup without getting shot at

Vasudus
May 30, 2003
https://twitter.com/kylegriffin1/status/1068482275900358661

good

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

It’s still mind boggling to me that they tried to pull that bullshit in the first place

Vasudus
May 30, 2003
Wilkie was gonna be my boss' boss if he didn't go over to VA :lol:

joat mon
Oct 15, 2009

I am the master of my lamp;
I am the captain of my tub.

What is the crossed axe and kama/flail patch above and left of the qanon patch?

mods changed my name
Oct 30, 2017

joat mon posted:

What is the crossed axe and kama/flail patch above and left of the qanon patch?

looking t hrough the hate symbols database now lol

Stultus Maximus
Dec 21, 2009

USPOL May

lovely cops going to trial for brutality, and the victim was another lovely cop who had it coming. Nobody loses!

mlmp08
Jul 11, 2004

Prepare for my priapic projectile's exalted penetration
Nap Ghost
Yeeesh, those cops were some real fuckers.

quote:

“Remember were are in south city,” Hays allegedly texted, referencing to the majority white population of the area. “They support us, but also cameras. So make sure you have an old white dude as a witness.”

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Stultus Maximus
Dec 21, 2009

USPOL May

mlmp08 posted:

Yeeesh, those cops were some real fuckers.

The cop who got the rear end beating not only was undercover to infiltrate protest groups, but has cost the city $865,000 for brutality himself in the past.
It really is a feel-good story.