Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

we monitor many frequencies. we listen always. came a voice, out of the babel of tongues, speaking to us. it played us a mighty dub.
why is Alberta so loving convinced this is the only thing they've got? how is oil extraction literally the only industry in the entire province?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

we monitor many frequencies. we listen always. came a voice, out of the babel of tongues, speaking to us. it played us a mighty dub.
4.2 million people who are either rig-pigs or sell hamburgers to rig-pigs.

nothing else

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011

infernal machines posted:

why is Alberta so loving convinced this is the only thing they've got? how is oil extraction literally the only industry in the entire province?

self-fulfilling prophesy

loudly tell yourself it's all you've got for 40 years and you raise a generation of people who legitimately don't understand that there can be other industries

James Baud
May 24, 2015

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
Oil and gas is only 7% of employment in the province, per one of their local "government advisor / frequently quoted in media" economists, Trevor Tombes.

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011

James Baud posted:

Oil and gas is only 7% of employment in the province, per one of their local "government advisor / frequently quoted in media" economists, Trevor Tombes.

this rises to 100% when you include all the people whose jobs depend on selling hamburgers, lifted pickups, and mcmansions to oil workers

James Baud
May 24, 2015

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

vyelkin posted:

this rises to 100% when you include all the people whose jobs depend on selling hamburgers, lifted pickups, and mcmansions to oil workers

I wonder if the 7% includes the people who fly in and out every couple weeks since they spend basically nothing in the province unless they're dodging PST/HST on larger purchases. (Presumably there are a lot fewer of those than a few years ago, but)

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

James Baud posted:

They should get into real estate.

Baloogan
Dec 5, 2004
Fun Shoe
leave the murder juice in the ground ALBERTANS

Baloogan
Dec 5, 2004
Fun Shoe
do NOT pipe it through my habitat!!!

DariusLikewise
Oct 4, 2008

You wore that on Halloween?
https://twitter.com/breakenridgeyeg/status/1068019103460249600?s=21

Juul-Whip
Mar 10, 2008

https://twitter.com/nikiashton/status/1068283427386941440
:kimchi:

DariusLikewise
Oct 4, 2008

never woulda guessed it was michelle remps who was the actual facist in our lovable canadian conservative party but here we are

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011

DariusLikewise posted:

never woulda guessed it was michelle remps who was the actual facist in our lovable canadian conservative party but here we are

trick question, they were actually all fascists the whole time

DariusLikewise
Oct 4, 2008

vyelkin posted:

trick question, they were actually all fascists the whole time

they arent good at it like rempy is. their leader looks like he is wetting his pants at any given moment in time

Postess with the Mostest
Apr 4, 2007

Arabian nights
'neath Arabian moons
A fool off his guard
could fall and fall hard
out there on the dunes
https://twitter.com/AndrewScheer/status/1068576646586753024

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

Wow, what a limp wristed pantywaist, not like ... Andrew Scheer?

Postess with the Mostest
Apr 4, 2007

Arabian nights
'neath Arabian moons
A fool off his guard
could fall and fall hard
out there on the dunes
Exactly. Let's check out what the REAL opposition is up to

https://twitter.com/MaximeBernier/status/1068579307843272704

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

Whoowee! We are just a couple weeks away from a solid rant about Purity of Essence aren't we?

DariusLikewise
Oct 4, 2008

Juul-Whip
Mar 10, 2008

A&W Burger Family looking rear end motherfucker

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011
andrew scheer is legitimately one of the least charismatic people ive ever seen in my life and a living testament to how far you can get in life being a mediocre white guy

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

THC posted:

lmao

flakeloaf
Feb 26, 2003

Still better than android clock

I'm forcibly reminded of a terrible milk ad the internet insists it's never heard of. Some kid of Middle-Eastern descent is spinning a globe in a classroom, a kid asks him what he's doing, and he answers "I'm watching the world go round". The video cuts to scenes from around world, and at the end, globe kid, question kid and some other kid all have tall glasses of milk for some reason. Then one of them toasts the others with "Here's to you, me, and Chateau milk" :wtc::wtc::wtc:

So yeah, they've been "starting us young" for a long friggin time, and this current campaign is absolutely an improvement.

flakeloaf
Feb 26, 2003

THC posted:

The Funny Uncle Burger

Postess with the Mostest
Apr 4, 2007

Arabian nights
'neath Arabian moons
A fool off his guard
could fall and fall hard
out there on the dunes
Like Michael Cera trying to escape Jason Kenney's body

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Let's get drunk and kiss each other all night.

THC posted:

hey let’s not slam A&W here :mad:

teen burgers are delicious don’t @ me

bring back old gbs
Feb 28, 2007

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

THC posted:

DariusLikewise
Oct 4, 2008

these 2 were super fucken excited to get 300 people out to a rally in winnipeg!!!

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

flakeloaf posted:

I'm forcibly reminded of a terrible milk ad the internet insists it's never heard of. Some kid of Middle-Eastern descent is spinning a globe in a classroom, a kid asks him what he's doing, and he answers "I'm watching the world go round". The video cuts to scenes from around world, and at the end, globe kid, question kid and some other kid all have tall glasses of milk for some reason. Then one of them toasts the others with "Here's to you, me, and Chateau milk" :wtc::wtc::wtc:

So yeah, they've been "starting us young" for a long friggin time, and this current campaign is absolutely an improvement.

Remember the food pyramid?

Juul-Whip
Mar 10, 2008

vyelkin posted:

andrew scheer is legitimately one of the least charismatic people ive ever seen in my life and a living testament to how far you can get in life being a mediocre white guy

most pissweak parliamentary speaker I've ever seen in my life

order, order. order.... order?

flakeloaf
Feb 26, 2003

"You're too fat, move less and eat more bread"

Moist von Lipwig
Oct 28, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
Tortured By Flan

THC posted:

lmao

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

:o:
Jagmeet also doing his part
https://twitter.com/theJagmeetSingh/status/1068528458035163139?s=19

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

Maslow's hierarchy of lobbying

CommonShore
Jun 6, 2014

A true renaissance man

THC posted:

lol

DariusLikewise
Oct 4, 2008

lmao loving jesus

https://twitter.com/IsItBalancedYet/status/1068577158514130944

flakeloaf
Feb 26, 2003

Subjunctive posted:

Maslow's hierarchy of lobbying

:eyepop:
      :eyepop::eyepop:
    :eyepop::eyepop::eyepop:
  :eyepop::eyepop::eyepop::eyepop:
:eyepop::eyepop::eyepop::eyepop::eyepop:

Baloogan
Dec 5, 2004
Fun Shoe

THC posted:

hahaha

Juul-Whip
Mar 10, 2008

priznat posted:

hey let’s not slam A&W here :mad:

teen burgers are delicious don’t @ me

great burgs, bad baby boomer-targeted branding

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

smoke sumthin bitch
Dec 14, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

Nocturtle posted:

4C vs 5C are both firmly in the nightmare future-scenario region so in that respect there's not much difference between Canada and the US. The point is that the centrist trope that "things are getting incrementally better" is flatly contradicted by physical reality, as the current political consensus is launching the world straight to disaster. In the Canadian context the federal carbon plan is just no-where near enough.

Hmmmmmm

edit: Snarking aside several provinces have significantly reduced emissions per capita over the past couple of decades. It's just not fast or universal enough.

see im not allowed to post in d&d because of the fascists mods but this graphic just prove what ive been saying all along, Quebec is a carbon sink, any coercive/authoritarian measure to fight global warming is a scam and we need to GTFO out of this piece of poo poo racist rear end involuntary union