Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Oh. There's a Roswell remake coming soon.

Ew.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Rhyno posted:

Ew.

That's it, television! You've gone too far!

ynohtna
Feb 16, 2007

backwoods compatible
Illegal Hen
Feels like the hardest working writers in television right now are photocopiers.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

I'm still waiting to hear any more news about TNT's adaptation of the Broken Earth Trilogy. I did just learn that Daveed Diggs is one of the EPs and seeing that makes me hope he'll just go ahead and cast himself as Alabaster.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

Rhyno posted:

Ew.

I mean, that's the way it should ideally go. Don't remake great shows. Remake bad shows that had a good idea at the core.

muscles like this! posted:

I'm still waiting to hear any more news about TNT's adaptation of the Broken Earth Trilogy. I did just learn that Daveed Diggs is one of the EPs and seeing that makes me hope he'll just go ahead and cast himself as Alabaster.

Well he's starring in TNT's Snowpiercer series so that might be difficult to juggle two different shows.

X-O fucked around with this message at 00:01 on Dec 1, 2018

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
You know who can get hosed? Dippy Fresh :colbert:

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

ynohtna posted:

Feels like the hardest working writers in television right now are photocopiers.

:hai:

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

X-O posted:

Well he's starring in TNT's Snowpiercer series so that might be difficult to juggle two different shows.

It is kind of the perfect role for an actor like him. He's super important to the story but doesn't actually show up all that much. He spends time with the main character but even in the book it is mostly montaged away because it is them traveling together, being in one place, a time skip and then how he leaves the main character.

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit
I was thinking about "F is for Family" earlier today and wondering if it was coming back. The I got an email from Netflix letting me know seasons 3 is up :psyduck:

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
On episode 5 and Homecoming might be the best thing I've watched all year

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

So I just saw that apparently one of the things Netflix is doing with their licensing of Evangelion is a new English dub.

GreenNight
Feb 19, 2006
Turning the light on the darkest places, you and I know we got to face this now. We got to face this now.

What? That’s surprising.

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

They almost certainly had to go through the original Japanese licensor and not whatever the gently caress is going on with the American one, which would probably mean they can't use the old dub.

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

Arist posted:

They almost certainly had to go through the original Japanese licensor and not whatever the gently caress is going on with the American one, which would probably mean they can't use the old dub.

I wouldn't be shocked if they have both the new dub and the old one. Old anime gets new dubs all the time, either to fix the translation or use an already good translation but with acting that isn't poo poo lmao

theflyingexecutive
Apr 22, 2007

zoux posted:

I don't know that they've begun production on season 2 yet

I busted my rear end on it, I hope they release it

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

Mark Hamill as Pen Pen

Shrimp or Shrimps
Feb 14, 2012

BrandonGK posted:

If I remember correctly David Caruso was also first billed. Sipowicz wasn't meant to be the main character at first, and I think was even suppose to die in the pilot. He didn't obviously, and the fact that writers and audience gravitated more and more to Sipowicz as the season went on was one of the sticking points that lead to Caruso quitting.

Yeah Sipowicz had sort of stolen the show by about midway through S1, I thought, and so wondered if his star had risen high enough by the beginning of S2 that he would get first billing over Smits. But i didn't realize Smits had that high a profile.

Apparently Caruso was a real bitch to work with.

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

David Milch said he had constant shouting matches with David Caruso and that they loathed each other. At one point they were arguing so hard that Milch felt himself having a heart attack but he didn't call for help because he didn't want to look weak in front of Caruso and waited until he left. So yeah I think Caruso must have been a dick.

More Milch and Timothy Olyphant stories here

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KxL4je_EYz8

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

Mu Zeta posted:

David Milch said he had constant shouting matches with David Caruso and that they loathed each other. At one point they were arguing so hard that Milch felt himself having a heart attack but he didn't call for help because he didn't want to look weak in front of Caruso and waited until he left. So yeah I think Caruso must have been a dick.

More Milch and Timothy Olyphant stories here

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KxL4je_EYz8

The only episode of that show that comes close to that one is the episodes with Vince Vaughn.

Even though i'm on the board of the anti-rappaport task force.

bentacos
Oct 9, 2012
Favreau should totally bring back that show.

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

bentacos posted:

Favreau should totally bring back that show.

I doubt you'd get celebs to be that open now.

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

esperterra posted:

I wouldn't be shocked if they have both the new dub and the old one. Old anime gets new dubs all the time, either to fix the translation or use an already good translation but with acting that isn't poo poo lmao

Amanda Winn Lee (the VA for Rei and a director and producer on the original dub) seemed really bummed about being erased, though. It kinda sucks.

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
I hope they still have a Japanese audio option at least

Dr Kool-AIDS
Mar 26, 2004

I just finished Homecoming, and loved it. The cinematography is completely over the top, but stays just on the right side of awesome vs stupid for me. For anyone who's listened to the podcast and seen the show, is there any reason to listen to it after seeing it, or is this the complete experience?

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Fox, National Geographic, and the producers of Cosmos are investigating new allegations of sexual misconduct against Neil DeGrasse Tyson

Hollywood Reporter posted:

Two women came forward with claims of inappropriate sexual advances in a story in Patheos on Thursday. In 2014 a first accuser, a former classmate of deGrasse Tyson's at the University of Texas in Austin, accused him of rape in a blog post.

“We have only just become aware of the recent allegations regarding Neil deGrasse Tyson. We take these matters very seriously and we are reviewing the recent reports," Fox and National Geographic said in a statement.

The producers of Cosmos added in their own statement, "The credo at the heart of COSMOS is to follow the evidence wherever it leads. The producers of COSMOS can do no less in this situation. We are committed to a thorough investigation of this matter and to act accordingly as soon as it is concluded.”

They previously ordered a second season of Cosmos (with Tyson still hosting) that was scheduled to premiere sometime next year

Reign Of Pain
May 1, 2005

Nap Ghost

Chris James 2 posted:

Fox, National Geographic, and the producers of Cosmos are investigating new allegations of sexual misconduct against Neil DeGrasse Tyson

They previously ordered a second season of Cosmos (with Tyson still hosting) that was scheduled to premiere sometime next year

JFC what next....tune in tomorrow when Bob Ross is exposed as a serial raper and furry

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Chris James 2 posted:

For gently caress sake

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
I hope this isn't true. Because science deniers will jump on this and use it as "proof."

TYSON IS A RAPIST THE EARTH IS FLAT.

Wheat Loaf
Feb 13, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Are there any of these that have come up really prominently then just never seemed to go anywhere? I guess even now that people are more sensitive to and more aware of this kind of thing, even after it comes out people can still get away with it. As far as actors go, it seems like Jeremy Piven seems to have managed that, for instance. Or who was that one politician whose ex-wife or his ex-girlfriend or whoever said he used to beat her and she had a video to prove it? That seems like it would have been a big deal but I remember it was reported and then nothing, el zilcho, never came up again.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Wheat Loaf posted:

Are there any of these that have come up really prominently then just never seemed to go anywhere? I guess even now that people are more sensitive to and more aware of this kind of thing, even after it comes out people can still get away with it. As far as actors go, it seems like Jeremy Piven seems to have managed that, for instance. Or who was that one politician whose ex-wife or his ex-girlfriend or whoever said he used to beat her and she had a video to prove it? That seems like it would have been a big deal but I remember it was reported and then nothing, el zilcho, never came up again.

NASCAR driver Kurt Busch was accused of abuse by his ex girlfriend and while the details escape me I believe she recanted and admitted she lied.

Hakkesshu
Nov 4, 2009

I mean notably Chris Hardwick quietly got his job back and it didn't seem like Chloe Dykstra's allegations went anywhere legal.

McSpanky
Jan 16, 2005

During one of the recent allegation waves one of the women who made an accusation later recanted and admitted she was doing it for money (though it's very important to note, the others didn't) but I'll be damned if I can remember who was being accused in that case.

SunshineDanceParty
Feb 7, 2006

One Road. Two Friends. One Ass.

Hakkesshu posted:

I mean notably Chris Hardwick quietly got his job back and it didn't seem like Chloe Dykstra's allegations went anywhere legal.

Yeah she made it very clear she just wanted to share her story and move on. She didn't talk with AMC or anyone.

Toxic Fart Syndrome
Jul 2, 2006

*hits A-THREAD-5*

Only 3.6 Roentgoons per hour ... not great, not terrible.

...the meter only goes to 3.6...

Pork Pro
Wow that really sucks, I never would have thought he would be a lovely person like that...

I hope it isn’t true: I like telling stories about him and my dad sharing an office in grad school.
:barf:

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

SunshineDanceParty posted:

Yeah she made it very clear she just wanted to share her story and move on. She didn't talk with AMC or anyone.

Well, AMC didn't want to talk to her.

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

Rhyno posted:

I hope this isn't true. Because science deniers will jump on this and use it as "proof."

TYSON IS A RAPIST THE EARTH IS FLAT.

Lol they'd deny it anyway.

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

McSpanky posted:

During one of the recent allegation waves one of the women who made an accusation later recanted and admitted she was doing it for money (though it's very important to note, the others didn't) but I'll be damned if I can remember who was being accused in that case.

I know for one of the Kavenaugh allegations a person tried to jump on the attention wagon by claiming to be one of the anonymous accusers. She didn't make it up, she just claimed someone else's identity. That got jumped on to push everything out of the spotlight.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

Chris James 2 posted:

Yikes

quote:

Specifically, Watson said Tyson occasionally made “misogynistic comments,” and that he kept a list of overweight actresses on his phone to prove that women aren’t inhibited by portrayals in the media when it comes to health and fitness. He allegedly said it was untrue that women feel pressured to be skinny based on societal standards.

MiddleOne
Feb 17, 2011

Wanted to thank whoever recommended Bodied. It's amazing how quickly the movie can intentionally swerve back and forth between cringe and incredible.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DivisionPost
Jun 28, 2006

Nobody likes you.
Everybody hates you.
You're gonna lose.

Smile, you fuck.

Yeah that sounds like Tyson.