Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

This 📆 post brought to you by RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS👥.
RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS 👥 - It's for your phone📲TM™ #ad📢

Solice Kirsk posted:

The fact that anyone is surprised at anything he does still amazes me. Buckle in kiddos, cause we're most likely gonna have another 6 years of this roller coaster.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=sEKB7pi1mbc

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Choco1980
Feb 22, 2013

I fell in love with a Video Nasty
One of the vague clauses in the constitution--which invariably lead to years and years of legal arguing when they have to be brought up--could be read that POTUS has to be impeached from office before facing criminal charges in court, which requires a majority vote in Congress to even begin, and is its own lengthy trial. The Senate wing of Congress is majority Republicans, his party rife with cronyism. Impeachment would be a very difficult thing right now unfortunately because of how many blatant crooks are watching each others' backs in the high up offices, and we're in one of the most partisan-divided periods of our government in probably over a hundred years. On top of that, the old, establishment members of the Democrats seem to think the same rules that were still being played 20-30 years ago apply still, and think if they make concessions, and let their opponents continue to dig their holes deeper, the voters will do their work for them (spoilers: They won't. The rules have changed, and winning is more important to a lot of voters than morality). I'm assuming many of the dems would just rather wait til Individual-1 goes back to being a private citizen so there's not nearly as much red tape for his arrest.

TL;DR poo poo's hosed, yo.

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

Choco1980 posted:

One of the vague clauses in the constitution--which invariably lead to years and years of legal arguing when they have to be brought up--could be read that POTUS has to be impeached from office before facing criminal charges in court, which requires a majority vote in Congress to even begin, and is its own lengthy trial. The Senate wing of Congress is majority Republicans, his party rife with cronyism. Impeachment would be a very difficult thing right now unfortunately because of how many blatant crooks are watching each others' backs in the high up offices, and we're in one of the most partisan-divided periods of our government in probably over a hundred years. On top of that, the old, establishment members of the Democrats seem to think the same rules that were still being played 20-30 years ago apply still, and think if they make concessions, and let their opponents continue to dig their holes deeper, the voters will do their work for them (spoilers: They won't. The rules have changed, and winning is more important to a lot of voters than morality). I'm assuming many of the dems would just rather wait til Individual-1 goes back to being a private citizen so there's not nearly as much red tape for his arrest.

On the other hand, recently released documents indicate that Nixon had actually been indicted for the Watergate cover-up and simply resigned before the procedure could be completed. This indicates a precedent for indicting a sitting president for crimes, especially crimes committed during the presidency or on the campaign trail.

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018
Women are wonderful animals, they should be making music and writing novels about having a complex relationship with your mother.

Cocaine Bear
Nov 4, 2011

ACAB

Choco1980 posted:

I'm no expert and am actually pretty dumb but outside of a hard(er) fascist turn resulting in a sitting president going after private citizen political rivals, I can't really see an ex-president seeing the inside of a cell.

Anyway, one of my boomer co-workers sent these out to the several hundred people in the company this morning for... some reason. He's never done this before.

SneezeOfTheDecade
Feb 6, 2011

gettin' covid all
over your posts

jjack229 posted:

Request for the picture of a shelve of books of favorite fairytales with the book title about the hero in the crowd with a gun who stops a shooter without hurting anyone else.

jjack229
Feb 14, 2008
Articulate your needs. I'm here to listen.

Many thanks.

WithoutTheFezOn
Aug 28, 2005
Oh no

chitoryu12 posted:

On the other hand, recently released documents indicate that Nixon had actually been indicted for the Watergate cover-up and simply resigned before the procedure could be completed. This indicates a precedent for indicting a sitting president for crimes, especially crimes committed during the presidency or on the campaign trail.
I think they showed the grand jury wanted to indict Nixon, but no one knew if they could.

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

WithoutTheFezOn posted:

I think they showed the grand jury wanted to indict Nixon, but no one knew if they could.

https://www.cnn.com/2018/10/31/politics/richard-nixon-watergate-national-archives-mueller/index.html

The indictment was actually through its first draft, which means they had taken it as fact that they could write one up and present it. While it technically could have been rejected when actually put into place, it shows a strong precedent for what was assumed to be true at the time and any response to the indictment other than Nixon taking it would have caused a Constitutional crisis and probably mass protests.

Karate Bastard
Jul 31, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 27 minutes!
Soiled Meat
I can't remember the name right now but I like the one where he shoots whole a whole boatload of people and was completely justified and gets lauded as a hero for doing so. I think he even gets the girl in the end too.

E: they made this one into a movie too, iirc

SneezeOfTheDecade
Feb 6, 2011

gettin' covid all
over your posts
Who, Nixon?

Aleph Null
Jun 10, 2008

You look very stressed
Tortured By Flan

Besesoth posted:

Who, Nixon?

Yes. Nixon.

Moon Slayer
Jun 19, 2007

I think Karate Bastard was replying to this post:

Samuringa posted:

This isn't what you're looking for, but your post reminded me of it

So, a lesson in the need to make sure you've read all the posts in the thread before responding.

Solar Tornado
Aug 9, 2016

A true fool keeps on fighting, even when there is no more glory to be gained

I love it when Trump hints at the fact he never intended on winning, and got hosed from this election like everyone else.

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Solar Tornado posted:

I love it when Trump hints at the fact he never intended on winning, and got hosed from this election like everyone else.

Remember election night, when they would show his face, and it was slowly sinking in that he had actually won

Samuringa
Mar 27, 2017

Best advice I was ever given?

"Ticker, you'll be a lot happier once you stop caring about the opinions of a culture that is beneath you."

I learned my worth, learned the places and people that matter.

Opened my eyes.

I also love The World Ends With You

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Randaconda posted:

Remember election night, when they would show his face, and it was slowly sinking in that he had actually won

We were all making that face. But gently caress it, if you sink the half court shot you may as well collect the 2018 Toyota Tundra.

Clitch
Feb 26, 2002

I lived through
Donald Trump's presidency
and all I got was
this lousy virus

Randaconda posted:

All I remember about that night was draining a fifth of Wyborowa and crying.

Aleph Null
Jun 10, 2008

You look very stressed
Tortured By Flan

Clitch posted:

The sad thing is it's turned out even worse than I could have possibly imagined.

jobson groeth
May 17, 2018

by FactsAreUseless

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

Clitch posted:

my reaction was the same nervous laughter as when I've just been badly injured

Clitch
Feb 26, 2002

I lived through
Donald Trump's presidency
and all I got was
this lousy virus

The Ape of Naples posted:

People need to read the "Ghost" thread. And by read I mean avoid.
https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3385144

quote:

Former SEAL Mike Harmon, team name "Ghost," discharged with partial disabilities, was having trouble fitting in on a very liberal college campus. But when he observed the kidnapping of a coed, it was time for others to be troubled.

Because underneath his usually placid exterior, Mike Harmon was a bundle of barely controlled fury. Highly motivated, highly trained fury. And when terrorists gave him the opportunity, he became. . . himself.

A series of at the time rational decisions led him, via a raft of tortured terrorist bodies, to a facility in Syria, a "logistics warehouse" called Aleppo Four. And in the dank basement of that "warehouse" the true, horrible nature of the kidnappers' plans were revealed: if the Great Satan would not withdraw over the deaths of aid workers and soldiers, then let them see what could happen to their lovely daughters. The only fly in the ointment being one banged up former SEAL.

Now Ghost is as free to do his will as the wolf running beneath the moon. Freed of military regulations, freed of military justice. And morals and ethics were never his strong suit.

Sometimes it takes a very bad man to do a good job. In that case, they've got the right SEAL for the job.

This is just pure strain cop fertilizer, isn't it? Sprinkle this on an angry, sexually abused teenager, and in 5 years he's a rookie with a jarhead cut posting about "zombies" on LEO forums.

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,
slægt skal følge slægters gang

but the trump admin also defends palantir use :thunk:

BiggerBoat
Sep 26, 2007

Don't you tell me my business again.

"Flight 2" taking a strange direction.

Dog is drunk.

The Moon Monster
Dec 30, 2005

What is up with that picture. Does she mandate some sort of mega airbrush filter in all of her TV appearances?

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin

jobson groeth
May 17, 2018

by FactsAreUseless
https://twitter.com/drewtoothpaste/status/1068641321835995137

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,
slægt skal følge slægters gang

The Moon Monster posted:

What is up with that picture. Does she mandate some sort of mega airbrush filter in all of her TV appearances?

no she physically had it applied to her in real life to avoid such situations

Flyball
Apr 17, 2003

Solar Tornado posted:

I love his fantasy of being a very good developer.

Away all Goats
Jul 5, 2005

Goose's rebellion

Zzulu posted:

Americans keep saying Mr.Trump does illegal stuff constantly but why isnt he being arrested then?

Despite what they would like you to believe, Americans are just as powerless as the rest of us.

voiceless anal fricative
May 6, 2007

The Ape of Naples posted:

People need to read the "Ghost" thread. And by read I mean avoid.
https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3385144

Isn't this basically the plot of Rambo 2 and 3, just replace Syria with either Vietnam or Afghanistan?

ultrafilter
Aug 23, 2007

It's okay if you have any questions.

Mods please change my name to very legal & very cool.

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

A Moose
Oct 22, 2009

thanks! I hate both it and you!

BillyC
Feb 19, 2013

everythin' under heaven is in utter chaos, cloud

Bread Liar

lmao this dumb gently caress shook as hell. Not that it will amount to anything but I'm very happy he's having a bad time.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

RoyKeen
Jul 24, 2007

Grimey Drawer

bike tory posted:

Isn't this basically the plot of Rambo 2 and 3, just replace Syria with either Vietnam or Afghanistan?

I don't know if either had so much rape. Also, there are sequels:
https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3751991

BiggerBoat
Sep 26, 2007

Don't you tell me my business again.

Yeah, this is bullshit. Hank works at Jeans West.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

coolskull
Nov 11, 2007

BiggerBoat posted:

Yeah, this is bullshit. Hank works at Jeans West.

to be fair, he did used to sell tractors.