Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

WHERE MY HOSE DRINKERS AT

it also supports 4k

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Handsome Ralph
Sep 3, 2004

Oh boy, posting!
That's where I'm a Viking!

A Bad Poster posted:

Red Dead Online is even worse than GTA Online. What a joke.

Can't say I'm shocked. I was slightly hopeful they'd improve upon GTAO massively in that the loading times and the griefing made it completely unfun to play. Heists actually ended up being pretty solid but after that, they pretty much just stopped giving a poo poo about meaningful content.

Guess I'll just stick with single player. At least I don't have to worry about any cool jets getting locked behind MP.

ZombieApostate
Mar 13, 2011
Sorry, I didn't read your post.

I'm too busy replying to what I wish you said

:allears:

mods changed my name posted:

https://twitter.com/Fallout/status/1067979637345722370

edit: they deleted it and typed it again but its basically SORRY FOR THE BAIT AND SWITCH contact support for 500 ATOMS!~!! as compensation

lol pieces of poo poo

but also even more lol at people who spent $200 on that box of garbage poo poo anyways

Apparently there's a mailman character skin or something that features the bag. It costs 700 atoms.

Nuclear Tourist
Apr 7, 2005

Bethesda, just give me New Skyrim and Space Skyrim like you promised last E3 or whatever it was, and please note that I'd rather not play together with any of these god drat loving weirdos, so that'll be a hard pass on FO76 for now.

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

The blue glow is a feature, not a bug

Pillbug
Yeah, it's a hard pass for me too

Riot Carol Danvers
Jul 30, 2004

It's super dumb, but I can't stop myself. This is just kind of how I do things.

CommieGIR posted:

Yeah, it's a hard pass for me too

All the kids at my old job in Florida who were so psyched for it are really bummed out with how bad it is. Some canceled their pre-orders, others kept the order just for the helmet.

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

Dear Bethesda,

As an on-the-go person who doesn't manage his credit card, I'd like a mobile version of FO76 with mandatory usage of the companion Fallout Shelter app. Please push notifications about new deals and PVP raids to me at 2:38 AM.

Syrian Lannister
Aug 25, 2007

Oh, did I kill him too?
I've been a very busy little man.

Sugartime Jones
I'm having fun just exploring in RDR2.

Online play doesn't interest me and I think I'll be set until Cyberpunk drops in 2019

PookBear
Nov 1, 2008

still lollin at the idea of that engine being used for a lovely mmo

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Only emojis can express my pure, simple stupidity.

(Add Rockstar too tbh)

Read Dead online post I saw on reddit. Not that folks were expecting anything different

quote:

Everything is crazy expensive and super grindy, plus they've taken out a lot of minigames and there's not really any incentive to be a good player.

The grind is pretty bad though, even if it doesn't take that long (there's been debates over the math for how long it takes to earn money) the fact that everything costs money and has a level requirement that can only be bypassed with real dollars is turning people off.

And when I say everything, I mean everything. Clothes, guns, horses, even ammo is locked behind a level requirement or real dollars.

Someone said 150 hours to grind a horse?

My fav part of the FO76 announcement was the smug “y’all like nukes right? So we thought we’d let you nuke each other!” or some poo poo

Nostalgia4Dogges fucked around with this message at 07:24 on Nov 30, 2018

Handsome Ralph
Sep 3, 2004

Oh boy, posting!
That's where I'm a Viking!

It's just funny because six months ago you'd think it'd be EA getting the most poo poo right now for BFV or something. Remember when Battlefield 4 came out and was a huge loving mess? Same but with Battlefront 2?

I know people here aren't as fond of it, but BFV has been a ton of fun and it's probably one of their better launches.

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

WHERE MY HOSE DRINKERS AT

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D0WnZyxp_Wo

Vasudus
May 30, 2003

this company is one of the most successful in the world

FrozenVent
May 1, 2009

The Boeing 737-200QC is the undisputed workhorse of the skies.

Hell yeah.

mods changed my name
Oct 30, 2017
the whole canvas bag thing is pretty funny, it's looking like if you are a "SOCIAL MEDIA INFLUENCER" you got the advertised bag, everyone else is suckers and got the nylon

~don't buy collectors editions of games~

Vasudus
May 30, 2003
What's really funny is that there's probably just enough consumer protection laws left in this hellscape that Bethesda can probably get nicked for this, because it's a physical object. All because they wouldn't spend another three dollars on a $200 dollar collector's edition package.

mods changed my name
Oct 30, 2017
they could have probably just said "COLLECTORS EDITION BAG*" and been fine with it

like they are the ones that had to specify that it was canvas, lol, which really cuts down on your wiggle room when trying to defend the switch

*products in image are not final and subject to change

mods changed my name
Oct 30, 2017
they just thought, and were probably not far off base, that their customers were suckers and would blindly buy poo poo just because of Fallout. Like absolute contempt for their customers and a huge loving ego is all the cause of this.

Vasudus
May 30, 2003
Yep.

It's also great because they clearly made a batch of them since streamers got one. So it's not like they went and said 'sorry buds, we only made six and they were handmade by the finest child labor'. They probably made several hundred at the very least. At that point you just slap a few extra dollars on your per-unit cost and poo poo them out, because one would hope that the package details got sorted by marketing ages ago.

You would also have expected legal to review the language and the package for this exact discrepancy. I bet you five bucks nobody else is going to make this mistake if the lawsuit proceeds.

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Only emojis can express my pure, simple stupidity.

Wall of text copy/paste here, but if you want to read what a mess FO76 besides what we've already talked about. The best kick in the dick with the dumb bag is they offered everyone $5 worth of in game currency. Does that mean they cannot be part of a class action or w/e since they took compensation?

quote:

500 in-game Atomic credits, which is about enough to buy the cheapest in-game cosmetics. An actual in-game postal bag costs 700.

quote:

Bugs:

Massive damage bug where dropping an enemy (including PVP) causes their health to instantly reverse, thus you drop them to 0 health and then after that your shots heal them in reverse, until they're back to 100%, then it bounces back. You can see this in the AngryJoe review often

Final boss, a retooled Skyrim dragon with comically bad AI, randomly disappears, animations glitch and a lot of letdown

Finale involves dropping nukes, using more than 1 causes server crashes

Random disconnects and server problems

Awful framerate and lag issues, and movement tied to framerate (confirmed by another redditor, thanks)

The main cookie-cutter enemies like Ghouls randomly stop animating and T-pose and slide around, but can still damage you

Enemies that become invincible in doorways (and stop moving/working) can trap players in buildings

Base materials randomly vanishing

Invisible walls appearing, sometimes appearing around you in multiple angles trapping you in place

Falling through the map, objects not being solid, objects becoming uninteractable (including quest objects)

Quests failing

All sorts of exploits for getting endless XP or infinite items are being found already. Who knows how many total there are

Enemies trap themselves in buildings often especially if they "pop in" there. Great way to kill boss creatures granted they don't bug out and become invincible

Hit detection problems, mainly because of the archaic PS2-era engine

Enemies pop up in front of you at random sometimes, different than just the graphical popup that happens in games (and especially this one), but the actual enemy doesn't exist until you're near it

AI considered the worst of Gamebryo releases, which is saying a lot

The VATS system is now real-time, and accuracy glitches around often dropping to 0 then 95% then 0

A crippling stuck-character bug that effected NPCs (at settlements) from Fallout 4 that was never fixed is just ported. I don't know how it effects this game though, haven't seen footage.

I'm forgetting some I know, these are just the ones I remember right now

Graphics and the infamous Gamebryo engine:

Gamebryo engine from the PS2 era used, graphics are some of the worst AAA of this generation in terms of just pure rendering. Putting it next to the DICE Frostbite engine for example of the recent Battlefield V even on consoles shows almost a generational discrepancy in power and efficiency

Visual filter effects are both overdone and bugged. A bloom effect is smeared across lit areas, mimicking the visual effects of a type of eye disease (thanks also to Angry Joe for this line). "God rays" from the sun go through the ground and you can see sunset/sunrise rays through mountains. Backgrounds are blurred heavily, possibly to hide badly programmed LoD declines and pop-in

Pop-in is extremely bad

FOV is fixed on one value, which pisses off people who want it different. Can be changed by modifying files in the directory if you follow a guide.

Textures may only half-load or randomly start de-loading, remaining blurry until popping-in. Common thing in poorly-made games, but in this game it can actually happen in a place that's long since been loaded, not just in scene changes

Lots of asset flipping from FO4. Arguably it makes sense that a rock here would look like a rock there, but some reviewers have noted how cheap it is and also the claimed massive improvements of graphics is the most questionable here as these items can be compared to their copies in FO4

Animations are prone to twitching and glitching but even when they just work, they're far inferior and more fake looking than other AAA games like Red Dead 2, Battlefields and God of War etc.

Framerate and stuttering despite the relatively low texture quality and polygon counts, indicating bad optimization

Design and Story:

Huge lack of real NPC-based story or living world of people, because of apparent engine limitations one programmer noted. Apparently the engine is too weak to process both "lots" of NPCs (by Bethesda standards) and multiplayer PCs at the same time. The main "NPC" characters are robot terminals

End game "nuke codes" can just be found on Reddit, which helps as the game is so buggy they can vanish in game for players anyways.

Quests are simplistic, often fetch quests or hunts. One of the things most made fun of and least liked about Fallout 4's quests were the repetitive settlement quests you repeat over and over. Fallout 76 astounded fans by taking those and making them the main quest system of Fallout 76

The quests stay the same and don't get more complex or "epic" for higher level players, unlike other RPGs where the fetch-quests and "kill the ants" quests are just at the start

The backstory and lore has been retconned and changed, including major dates apparently. The backstory is not compatible with the original Fallouts

(Subjective opinion) The flanderization of Fallout's 1950's thematics under Bethesda has only increased with this release, it's the most distant from the atmosphere of the first 2 classics where it was more of a flavouring on top of a semi-gothic Apocalypsepunk aesthetic. It retains the fewest influences of Fallout 1 and 2 in terms of look, sounds, music, art design and cultural feel. This could however be chalked up somewhat in Appalachia being made to feel this way much more than the rest of the wastes

Generally considered a poor soundscape and nobody has said positive things about the soundtrack except liking 1 song. The old engine might be to blame, as the other AAA games this generation use modern engines which can do layers of high-fidelity sound with acoustic simulations and geometry

PC controls considered the worst of the series, with unusual key binds probably because of poor porting of Console controls to PC. Menus are real time and poor to navigate

Voice chat always on, so the heavy breathing of one player, the background lawnmower of of another and side-argument with a wife for another player are heard even when you're supposed to be listening to an "important" holotape recording

Microtransactions based on "Atomic" points. Generally the concept of microtransactions that have become so common in gaming is disliked by most gamers. The banal things you can get, such as paint jobs, awful hair styles, blurry tattoos are shockingly pricey.

Todd made his usual big promises, including how the graphics would be amazing and improved multiple-fold. He also claimed it was not always-online.

and people still trip over themselves to defend it all lmao

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

report in on x4 fuckers

mods changed my name
Oct 30, 2017

Fallom posted:

report in on x4 fuckers

bought it but havent got to play it, ask Ded

the games thread is ok too, they seem to make it sound OK

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3870121&pagenumber=24#lastpost

Slim Pickens
Jan 12, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Did they start working on the game the week before E3? Jesus loving Christ.

mods changed my name
Oct 30, 2017

Slim Pickens posted:

Did they start working on the game the week before E3? Jesus loving Christ.

way to fall for the haters and the streamers ruining this amazing genius game i love PIP BOY

Vasudus
May 30, 2003
I'm not falling for buying another X game before the first major expansion. They're not going to get me this time.

Slim Pickens
Jan 12, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Good news is Crowbcat awoke from the dead to make fun of Todd Howard and said he'll eventually make a FO76 video.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hFcLyDb6niA

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nfQetVBJrQI

This game reminds me a hell of a lot of the good parts of Freelancer.

Holy gently caress it has subspace radio with 21 hours of music. not bad

orange juche fucked around with this message at 23:52 on Nov 30, 2018

Vasudus
May 30, 2003
The original Rebel Galaxy was real good.

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

Rebel Galaxy was good but wore itself out halfway through. I'm looking forward to the sequel with the hope that it doesn't peter out so soon.

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

10,000 YEARS WASN'T ENOUGH LURKING
Gonna get my X4 on.

Bolow
Feb 27, 2007

Fallom posted:

report in on x4 fuckers

dude i know that has it is enjoying it thoroughly so far

mods changed my name
Oct 30, 2017
i spent a while loving around getting my controls dialed in and now i'm just running through the tutorials. I didn't know that you could space walk in these games!

Game is pretty too

TCD
Nov 13, 2002

Every step, a fucking adventure.

mods changed my name posted:

i spent a while loving around getting my controls dialed in and now i'm just running through the tutorials. I didn't know that you could space walk in these games!

Game is pretty too

I was watching a stream and it looked super good. Not sure about the gameplay tho.

mods changed my name
Oct 30, 2017
I've not really done anything but you can basically build space stations and have fleets of space carriers to support your intergalactic space weed empire

like a more German Elite Dangerous without having to account for multiplayer seems to be my impression

mods changed my name fucked around with this message at 03:20 on Dec 1, 2018

Naked Bear
Apr 15, 2007

Boners was recorded before a studio audience that was alive!
So like old school X, then? More like X3 than Rebirth?

mods changed my name
Oct 30, 2017
i cant really compare in depth but it doesn't have the story poo poo with boob window chick like rebirth and you can fly all the ships

if it's really hosed up idk, still doing tutorials and probably less than an hour in, but it seems cool so far

mods changed my name fucked around with this message at 03:26 on Dec 1, 2018

M_Gargantua
Oct 16, 2006

STOMP'N ON INTO THE POWERLINES

Exciting Lemon
I’m gonna have to start keeping a notebook with all my different HOTAS maps. Also I want pedals now, but I can’t decide between three racing pedals or two plane yaw pedals, or just a DIY of either.

mods changed my name
Oct 30, 2017
I want rudder pedals to go with my x56

edit: x4 currently doesn't support trackir :negative:

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Does a bear split in the woods near Zheleznogorsk?
I watched a couple of the steam videos because I'd never heard of this and it got me really loving interested. Then I found out there's not even a co-op mode. :geno:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Naked Bear
Apr 15, 2007

Boners was recorded before a studio audience that was alive!
Yeah, X is basically concentrated sperg. It's worth experiencing at least once.