Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

Yeah? I coulda sworn it was earlier, though I guess Royal Edition was a while ago now lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

Control Volume posted:

The ending of ff15 is the only time I have cried at a game

I cried at the end of the Walking Dead Seasone One and Bastion back during the golden age of steam sales.

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

It's 2006. I am taking 276 yeti furs from the goodies hoard.
You guys should play Undertale

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

I cried a little at the end of darker side in Mario Odyssey because i was helpless in the face of something so perfect.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Lunchmeat Larry posted:

I cried a little at the end of darker side in Mario Odyssey because i was helpless in the face of something so perfect.
Same but seeing Mario's nipples

Control Volume
Dec 31, 2008

goferchan posted:

You guys should play Undertale

While its deserving of being gamefaqs' best game ever, it didnt hit me in the feels like the boys in ff15 chilling at one last campfire

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up
i got the first english ultimania archive book and the thing is huge, it rules

i also accidentally ordered the other 2 books and the dq art books whoops

my morning jackass
Aug 24, 2009

elf help book posted:

i got the first english ultimania archive book and the thing is huge, it rules

i also accidentally ordered the other 2 books and the dq art books whoops

Oh I forgot these were coming out. I should consider picking them up.

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

:same:

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

https://www.amazon.com/Final-Fantasy-Ultimania-Archive-1/dp/1506706444/

amazon has a coupon code NOVBOOK18 that takes $5 any book more than $20, and its $23 right now

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

happy christmas to meee

my morning jackass
Aug 24, 2009

elf help book posted:

https://www.amazon.com/Final-Fantasy-Ultimania-Archive-1/dp/1506706444/

amazon has a coupon code NOVBOOK18 that takes $5 any book more than $20, and its $23 right now

yoshitaka amano ftw

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

Bartz is the best protagonist because he just wandered off instead of answering the hero's call

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

The "No hot dogs today" image went around Facebook earlier this week and after thinking about for awhile, I'm pretty sure that Quistis is actually the real antagonist in Final Fantasy 8.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Bicyclops posted:

The "No hot dogs today" image went around Facebook earlier this week and after thinking about for awhile, I'm pretty sure that Quistis is actually the real antagonist in Final Fantasy 8.
Like the green light in Great Gatsby, Quistis and her hot dogs represent the unattainable.

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

I just found this old video from the time that I played FFVIII with the music modded

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AL7AvVt-QMU

Hodgepodge
Jan 29, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 206 days!

Evil Eagle posted:

I just found this old video from the time that I played FFVIII with the music modded

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AL7AvVt-QMU

what did you use for battle music?

i'd probably go with dragula

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

FactsAreUseless posted:

Like the green light in Great Gatsby, Quistis and her hot dogs represent the unattainable.

In my younger and more vulnerable years, Seifer gave me a piece of advice that I've been turning over in my mind ever since: "you're a chickenwuss."

Skylark
Apr 27, 2007

︵‿୨🤍୧‿︵
༶⋆˙⊹。⋆ʚ🦢ɞ ✩ ˛˚.
Replaying FF13 and im pretty sure im near the end of the game so Im going back and doing more of the sidequesty 'Missions' stuff. Im pretty quickly getting frustrated with how inconvenient it is to get around the world when you aren't moving through it linearly for the main story.. Only certain arbitrary mission points let you warp to other arbitrarily chosen mission stones, and only after youve beaten the mission for that stone, and the mission is only available after completing certain arbitrary missions. There are sooo few of them and theyre sooo far apart. And its a confusing choice cause earlier ffs did this better!! In 10 and i think even 7 you could warp to the airship from a save point, but the save points are useless for trying to get around in this one. 😡 Ive got an ebook open on my computer while i get around from mission to mission lol

tao of lmao
Oct 9, 2005

12 and 13 both kinda dropped the ball on side and post-game content imo

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I beat FFXIII before realizing there was a chocobo in it since I skipped basically all of pulse my first time through by accident

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

In Training posted:

I beat FFXIII before realizing there was a chocobo in it since I skipped basically all of pulse my first time through by accident

its funny how the biggest complaint was how linear the game is, but then it opens up and its so easy to just think 'i dont care about any of this poo poo, put me back on the story path'

especially on 360 where pulse was like 15 fps lol

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

elf help book posted:

its funny how the biggest complaint was how linear the game is, but then it opens up and its so easy to just think 'i dont care about any of this poo poo, put me back on the story path'

especially on 360 where pulse was like 15 fps lol

Lol yeah, its so weirdly presented. And I was personally really into the frantic nature of the endless hallway design bc it was such a neat departure for FF, plus I was super into the battle system. So i just ran straight ahead and triggered the next chapter after like 2 minutes in Pulse. but my 2nd time through I spent more time exploring and theres a lot of really awesome spots and missions in there

Frenz
Jan 14, 2009

I like the music on pulse

tao of lmao
Oct 9, 2005

13’s music might be its strongest aspect. Absolutely love that whole OST.

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

12 is honestly all side quest, it's just that the hunts feel more like the main quest than whatever is going with the Ivalice war

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

XII has a lot of side stuff imo even outside of the huge hunting side quest. It's my second most played PS4 game according to PSN

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

I really need to sit down and properly play the 13 trilogy one of these days

tao of lmao
Oct 9, 2005

EmmyOk posted:

XII has a lot of side stuff imo even outside of the huge hunting side quest. It's my second most played PS4 game according to PSN

Like what? Because I can’t remember any non-hunt related side content.

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

you, dumbass: you just run forward for 30 hours
me, Claire Farron: The main characters each represent different reactions normal people take to traumatic situations.

my morning jackass
Aug 24, 2009

tao of lmao posted:

Like what? Because I can’t remember any non-hunt related side content.

there are a bunch of really loving obtuse side quests that are insanely easy to miss.

tao of lmao
Oct 9, 2005

my morning jackass posted:

there are a bunch of really loving obtuse side quests that are insanely easy to miss.

Seriously? That kinda owns. I may have to replay 12 sometime soon.

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

my morning jackass posted:

:confused:

there are like two fetch quests towards the beginning. everything else is either related to a hunt or else it's "go kill this summon" which is also essentially a hunt. like, it's fine, i sort of prefer more combat to 8000 half assed mini games, but almost literally all the sidequests are "go into a dungeon and kill this thing."

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

Pablo Nergigante posted:

I really need to sit down and properly play the 13 trilogy one of these days

13 is great but 13-2 is one of the best games ever made

Skylark
Apr 27, 2007

︵‿୨🤍୧‿︵
༶⋆˙⊹。⋆ʚ🦢ɞ ✩ ˛˚.

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

13 is great but 13-2 is one of the best games ever made

Yea agreed... They updated the 13 trilogy for Xbox One a lil while ago so i rebought 13-1 and 13-2 for that cause I had been wanting to replay them. I missed the battle system cause i loved it.

When i first played them on ps3 they had been out a while so I also got 13-1 and 13-2 at the same time, and when I beat 13-1 i was eager to move on to the sequel.. This time i was hoping to spend more time after i beat 13-1 and do postgame stuff. But im getting near the end of 13 and already itching to just move on to 13-2 lol i like that game way better. Gotta be strong and try to see what the 13-1 optional content is like.

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011

Skylark posted:

Yea agreed... They updated the 13 trilogy for Xbox One a lil while ago so i rebought 13-1 and 13-2 for that cause I had been wanting to replay them. I missed the battle system cause i loved it.

When i first played them on ps3 they had been out a while so I also got 13-1 and 13-2 at the same time, and when I beat 13-1 i was eager to move on to the sequel.. This time i was hoping to spend more time after i beat 13-1 and do postgame stuff. But im getting near the end of 13 and already itching to just move on to 13-2 lol i like that game way better. Gotta be strong and try to see what the 13-1 optional content is like.

please give 13-3 a proper try .. i know u dont like the time limits and stuff. but its awesome

Skylark
Apr 27, 2007

︵‿୨🤍୧‿︵
༶⋆˙⊹。⋆ʚ🦢ɞ ✩ ˛˚.

I.N.R.I posted:

please give 13-3 a proper try .. i know u dont like the time limits and stuff. but its awesome

Its not that I didnt like it its just that I got it thinking it was gonna have more of the Paradigm battle system cause I missed that. And it didnt, and i had totally forgot the story, so I decided what i really wanted to do was replay 13-1 and 13-2 more completely, and then move on to 13-3. So im planning to go back to it after i beat these first two again and do as much of the postgames as I want to. Believe me any game with a dress-up system has got my attention so Im definitely interested in more of 13-3.

Skylark
Apr 27, 2007

︵‿୨🤍୧‿︵
༶⋆˙⊹。⋆ʚ🦢ɞ ✩ ˛˚.
Mama needs paradigms.For the time being

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

Imagine Radiant Historia with an insanely fun combat system and that's basically 13-2. You hop around time fixing each world and unlocking new areas as you go, it's so fuckin good. 13 was more story driven and epic and is fun in its own right, but 2 is pure 100% game.

I never played LR but I want to

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Oh no oh god it's all true!
LR is like if Tri-Ace got permission to make another Valkyrie Profile but the condition was it had to star Lightning and her friends