Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Shalebridge Cradle
Apr 23, 2008

That DICK! posted:

if my eye comes back can someone edit that comic about that gross goon getting his retarded son back but w me and my eye

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MpYCFjsl7j8

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kopasetic
Sep 18, 2009
trashed credit score > being blind in one eye

logikv9
Mar 5, 2009

Ham Wrangler

when the piss tape drops

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

Bert Roberge posted:

submit a meme

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum

kopasetic
Sep 18, 2009

rudy??

radical meme
Apr 17, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

Paramemetic posted:

my eyes itch from allergies and after looking up that keratoconus I am now absolutely horrified to rub them gently caress

DICK! go get a new eye for real just take on an incredible amount of debt for this purpose

medical debt is just like student loan debt except actually better because you can bankruptcy it away, so in a lot of ways you're making a financially sound investment getting your eye replaced even if you go into crazy debt to achieve this

Lol, gotta really weigh the values of a society where this is a true statement.

Loutre
Jan 14, 2004

✓COMFY
✓CLASSY
✓HORNY
✓PEPSI

SKULL.GIF posted:

as a Deaf person who relies on his eyes for absolutely everything I do I would spend unlimited amounts of money to retain my vision but ymmv

are u one of those people who champion for not giving deaf babies implants, im curious i've never met one of those IRL

Bert Roberge
Nov 28, 2003

God damnit how much storage space does all that prayer take up?

Waffle House
Oct 27, 2004

You follow the path
fitting into an infinite pattern.

Yours to manipulate, to destroy and rebuild.

Now, in the quantum moment
before the closure
when all become one.

One moment left.
One point of space and time.

I know who you are.

You are Destiny.

GOP Memes, brought to you by the table of logical fallacy

Spergin Morlock
Aug 8, 2009

That DICK! posted:

if my eye comes back can someone edit that comic about that gross goon getting his retarded son back but w me and my eye

you made it up to see if you could get away with dropping an r-bomb in the wake, didn't you?

Admiral Ray
May 17, 2014

Proud Musk and Dogecoin fanboy

radical meme posted:

i mean not really, this society loving sucks

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

obama gay for iran so what

Admiral Ray
May 17, 2014

like its not "the worst" but it ain't fuckin' good or even moderate

Inspector Hound
Jul 14, 2003

Jesus loving Christ im just going to always wear giant loving goggles and ear protectors

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

also, what's an obama

Admiral Ray
May 17, 2014

just absolute dogshit of a society

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

Loutre posted:

are u one of those people who champion for not giving deaf babies implants, im curious i've never met one of those IRL

no and these people are a small minority of the Deaf community that got massively overblown and overexposed by idiot journalists and now everyone is an expert

Paramemetic
Sep 29, 2003

Area 51. You heard of it, right?

Fallen Rib

radical meme posted:

our president DONALJ D TURMP's entire brand is basically based on the idea of "debt that you can bankruptcy away is actually an asset"

these are the role models they're giving us I mean might as well play the game until we can flip the table and play something else that makes sense

snoo
Jul 5, 2007

hmmm

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Gareth Gobulcoque
Jan 10, 2008

SKULL.GIF posted:

no and these people are a small minority of the Deaf community that got massively overblown and overexposed by idiot journalists and now everyone is an expert

They're better than the autism is good actually, crowd.

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:

Loutre posted:

you've never met those people because it's a surdophobic overreaction by the media op

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

to expand a bit further, there is a distinction between "cochlear implants will massively improve this person's ability to participate in modern hearing society" vs. "this person is a worthless cripple unless they can hear and speak and cochlear implants will completely fix this person and then we never have to think about them ever again" and the pushback is largely in response to the latter, especially since many Deaf people use American Sign Language which is a distinct and unique language and the people in the 80s-00s pushing cochlear implants were like "now your baby won't have to learn sign language and can just speak like a normal person!"

once people chilled the gently caress out about learning ASL (it helped we figured out (hearing) babies can sign long before they can speak intelligibly), then the hardline Deaf people chilled the gently caress out about CIs because they realized it wasn't going to kill off ASL

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009

sporry that dick! for being an american living in america

Loutre
Jan 14, 2004

✓COMFY
✓CLASSY
✓HORNY
✓PEPSI

SKULL.GIF posted:

that makes sense. i work with a lot of deaf people and none of them want that at all, but i didn't know if it was a local thing or what

Dr. Video Games 0081
Jan 19, 2005

In britain its called a labyrinth

Flavius Aetass
Mar 30, 2011

ShriekingMarxist posted:

someone made a bigly effort parody of the McNaughton painting lmfao

https://twitter.com/cranstonl1972/status/1068675557544640512?s=19

this is highly accurate in that all of these people would have no problem sitting down and playing cards with trump until he cheated them personally

Waffle House
Oct 27, 2004

You follow the path
fitting into an infinite pattern.

Yours to manipulate, to destroy and rebuild.

Now, in the quantum moment
before the closure
when all become one.

One moment left.
One point of space and time.

I know who you are.

You are Destiny.

American Sign Language owns and even non-deaf people should learn it IMO because not all conversations happen verbally or audibly

MAZED

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

Gareth Gobulcoque posted:

They're better than the autism is good actually, crowd.

im pretty sure those are mostly people who aren't actually on the spectrum but took an internet quiz that told them they were

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009

it’s not even a mexican caravan

SardonicTyrant
Feb 26, 2016

BTICH IM A NEWT
熱くなれ夢みた明日を
必ずいつかつかまえる
走り出せ振り向くことなく
&

I don't the Lady of Pain cares about immigration.

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

a.lo posted:

it’s not even a mexican caravan

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qX-YfuVQmX8

AreWeDrunkYet
Jul 8, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 3 days!

didn't pewdiepie milkshake duck himself last year or something? is he still around?

Gareth Gobulcoque
Jan 10, 2008

I've definitely met a lot of those people, nature of the job working with developmentally disabled.

The deaf community, and the developmently disabled community at large, has a lot reason to be skeptical of modern advances.

It's not a clear cut thing.

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

AreWeDrunkYet posted:

didn't pewdiepie milkshake duck himself last year or something? is he still around?

Paramemetic
Sep 29, 2003

Fallen Rib
That DICK! have you considered seeking refugee status in a country with good affordable medical care and an abundance of qualified doctors like Cuba?

LegoMan
Mar 17, 2002

ting ting ting

College Slice

I really think so

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

Gareth Gobulcoque posted:

I've definitely met a lot of those people, nature of the job working with developmentally disabled.

The deaf community, and the developmently disabled community at large, has a lot reason to be skeptical of modern advances.

It's not a clear cut thing.

interesting, are these mostly high functioning people saying this???

Paramemetic
Sep 29, 2003

Fallen Rib
That sounds like sarcasm but it's not meant to be, I don't know if you can do the refugee thing probably not but it seems to me like Cuba does have excellent healthcare and I know Mexico and Canada are more popular for medical tourism but Cuba's on the table now so maybe it's a thing??

lmao that medical tourism is a thing

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007