Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: GhostofJohnMuir)

incredible flesh
Oct 6, 2018

by Nyc_Tattoo

GhostofJohnMuir posted:

hope you're italicizing properly. in other news today I was almost run over by a thresher
rip

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GhostofJohnMuir
Aug 14, 2014

anime is not good

they'll have to try harder than that

exmarx
Feb 18, 2012

The experience over the years
of nothing getting better
only worse.

Raskolnikov38 posted:

you know you are welcome to post in succzone as well as read it

i will not and do not

GhostofJohnMuir
Aug 14, 2014

anime is not good
trump probably should have pardoned cohen

Furnaceface
Oct 21, 2004

GhostofJohnMuir posted:

trump probably should have pardoned cohen

As long as were looking at take backs, maybe you shouldnt have elected Trump.

exmarx
Feb 18, 2012

only worse.

rip

The Muppets On PCP
Nov 13, 2016

by Fluffdaddy
https://twitter.com/woke_teen/status/1068732056543232002

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

GhostofJohnMuir posted:

legal prohibition

gently caress off

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747
Institute protections for the people who seek to make a living doing this thing I don't agree with? gently caress no just ban it, look at the past successes with things like sex work, that poo poo dried up completely and didn't just recede into the darkness and get even more dangerous for the people doing it.

Of course I don't have an alternative in mind for those people in a time when getting the money to survive is harder and harder every day, just ban the thing Bing bong boom

Randler
Jan 3, 2013

ACER ET VEHEMENS BONAVIS

The people who voted him in are still alive, though, thus America persists. :colbert:

The Muppets On PCP
Nov 13, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

Randler posted:

The people who voted him in are still alive, though, thus America persists. :colbert:

take heart, the youngest people eligible to vote for bush are pushing 50 and our life expectancy has been revised downward the past few years

GhostofJohnMuir
Aug 14, 2014

anime is not good

Furnaceface posted:

As long as were looking at take backs, maybe you shouldnt have elected Trump.

oh no, i whole heartedly approve trump burning bridges with his capos. i just think he might end up regretting it

BENGHAZI 2 posted:

Institute protections for the people who seek to make a living doing this thing I don't agree with? gently caress no just ban it, look at the past successes with things like sex work, that poo poo dried up completely and didn't just recede into the darkness and get even more dangerous for the people doing it.

Of course I don't have an alternative in mind for those people in a time when getting the money to survive is harder and harder every day, just ban the thing Bing bong boom

if your social safety net involves pro sports or physical violence or both it's probably not an actual path out of poverty

GhostofJohnMuir
Aug 14, 2014

anime is not good
i mean i was just giving volkerball poo poo, because why not

but if were going to suggest the best path out of capitalism is prize fighting, then gently caress no

incredible flesh
Oct 6, 2018

by Nyc_Tattoo

the holy quail

Furnaceface
Oct 21, 2004

incredible flesh posted:

the holy quail

OK this made me laugh. Thank you.

GhostofJohnMuir
Aug 14, 2014

anime is not good
gently caress, why is there nowhere selling bagel in this stupid hickass one horse town

incredible flesh posted:

the holy quail

modern day zapruder film

Pirate Radar
Apr 18, 2008

You're not my Ruthie!
You're not my Debbie!
You're not my Sherry!

GhostofJohnMuir posted:

but if were going to suggest the best path out of capitalism is prize fighting, then gently caress no

Here you’re either failing or consciously declining to actually engage with her argument in both a specific (she didn’t say that prizefighting was the best path out of capitalism, just that it was a path) and a general (she didn’t say that it’s good on the whole that combat sports and football et al exist, just that in our current system it would be bad for them to be banned) sense.

Spergin Morlock
Aug 8, 2009

GhostofJohnMuir posted:

if you watch videos critiquing those kind of folks youtube for some reason keeps assuming you want to start watching their actual content

I'm certain money is being paid to promote videos that Youtube doesn't mark as such. They fly under the radar compared to Facebook, but they're just as bad

Rodatose
Jul 8, 2008

corn, corn, corn
what if all the people in violent sports were told they couldnt be violent against each other because it's a distraction against the true enemy because they could team up to do violence against rich people and then take their stuff. direct path out of poveryt

Rodatose
Jul 8, 2008

corn, corn, corn
high school football teams all at once sack the school board and their bourgeois controllers (high school coaches). the school's budget is raided to finally put that soda fountain the bought-and-paid-for class president promised to install but never did

Rodatose
Jul 8, 2008

corn, corn, corn
hey kids, let me tell you about the most effective "rush offense" of all: proletarian revolution. once you get into this "Red Zone," the game's yours...

incredible flesh
Oct 6, 2018

by Nyc_Tattoo
reciting lines from mad max fury road in a loud monotone to my horrified date

Pirate Radar
Apr 18, 2008

You're not my Ruthie!
You're not my Debbie!
You're not my Sherry!

incredible flesh posted:

reciting lines from mad max fury road in a loud monotone to my horrified date

Get better dates

incredible flesh
Oct 6, 2018

by Nyc_Tattoo
we are the only ones left in the restaurant. the staff have turned the lights off. most of them have gone home but one of the waiters is sitting in his car in the carpark, repeatedly revving his engine

incredible flesh
Oct 6, 2018

by Nyc_Tattoo
he wants to pay up and leave but he can't because i've got his wallet. a plate of pad thai sits before me, untouched

Homura and Sickle
Apr 21, 2013
ex marx how have you not capitalized on the NDT sexual assault allegations and gone "haha where is your space now nerds"

i thought i knew you

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

GhostofJohnMuir posted:

i mean i was just giving volkerball poo poo, because why not

Yeah that's exactly what I'm suggesting you dipshit

exmarx
Feb 18, 2012

only worse.

Homura and Sickle posted:

ex marx how have you not capitalized on the NDT sexual assault allegations and gone "haha where is your space now nerds"

i thought i knew you

being right about everything but not listened to is pretty passé at this point

plus stuff already came out about him in like march

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

Not everyone has travel needs as small as riding their bike to school.

The Muppets On PCP
Nov 13, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

BENGHAZI 2 posted:

kinda having a chuckle at the idea of underground football leagues forming in the wake of a legal ban, run by criminal organizations like the ncaa

Pirate Radar
Apr 18, 2008

You're not my Ruthie!
You're not my Debbie!
You're not my Sherry!

Homura and Sickle posted:

i thought i knew you

At this point, as this shows, exmarx doesn't even need to post, people just imagine his reactions to news items they read

Furnaceface
Oct 21, 2004

A sickness is sweeping through my family, friends and workplace. I fear I will not be able to escape it.

Horseshoe theory
Mar 7, 2005

Furnaceface posted:

A sickness is sweeping through my family, friends and workplace. I fear I will not be able to escape it.

Is it called Fordmania? :thunk:

Furnaceface
Oct 21, 2004

Horseshoe theory posted:

Is it called Fordmania? :thunk:

Honestly Ive been really lucky. My family is mostly old union workers so theyre pretty left leaning NDP supporters. When I changed careers (from IT to medicine) I left all of of the techbros behind so Im not exposed to that crap when I go out with friends now. And I work in a pharmacy so everyone hates Trump and Ford with a passion because of their stances on healthcare.

But no, theres a bug going around and since everyone I know works with the public its inevitable that theyre all getting sick. I start 2 weeks of holidays today so Im really hoping to avoid it.

WAR CRIME GIGOLO
Oct 3, 2012

The Hague
tryna get me
for these glutes

the paradigm shift
Jan 18, 2006

vb how heavily invested in the dinar would you say you are?

the paradigm shift
Jan 18, 2006

have you tweeted please rv at the Iraqi government y/n

Owlofcreamcheese
May 22, 2005
Probation
Can't post for 9 years!
Buglord

Furnaceface posted:

When I changed careers (from IT to medicine)

Well bad news, you moved from a field with less conservatives to a field with way more conservatives

vs

the paradigm shift
Jan 18, 2006

Owlofcreamcheese posted:

Well bad news, you moved from a field with less conservatives to a field with way more conservatives

vs

are you mad he called techbros conservatives because I'm not seeing a point to this post otherwise

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mustached Demon
Nov 12, 2016

the paradigm shift posted:

are you mad he called techbros conservatives because I'm not seeing a point to this post otherwise

Privileged white people are trash.