Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
https://twitter.com/T_S_P_O_O_K_Y/status/1068335638368276480

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SpiderHyphenMan
Apr 1, 2010

by Fluffdaddy
https://twitter.com/DwightRiederer/status/1068576185259446272
That display name... :thunk:

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

Everybody's working for the weekend
Maybe it’s a bad idea to carry a gun while intoxicated

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

one thing a computer can do that most humans can't is be sealed up in a cardboard box and sit in a warehouse
Slippery Tilde

lol they're canadian

A Gnarlacious Bro
Apr 25, 2007

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

General Dog posted:

How about you respect police officers

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

General Dog posted:

alcohol creates problems and firearms solve problems. it is the circle of life

SpiderHyphenMan
Apr 1, 2010

by Fluffdaddy
Update: I've been trolled.

some plague rats
Jun 5, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

SpiderHyphenMan posted:

Update: I've been trolled.

Thanks for letting us know

Coohoolin
Aug 5, 2012

Oor Coohoolie.

That's the same take in that lovely piece by the Labour member who somehow had more antisemitism happen to him in 3 hours at the Labour conference than you might expect from a weekend with the Barbie museum fan club and left the party (sure uh huh); that "from the river to the sea" is an explicit call for the eradication of Israel and all Jews who live there. Does my tits in.

StashAugustine
Mar 24, 2013

Do not trust in hope- it will betray you! Only faith and hatred sustain.

Cybernetic Vermin posted:

Which is of course bad advice in present day when it seems clear that the way technological advances have transformed society has made a workers revolution a lot less inevitable, so treating symptoms to the extent we can is important.

He does recommend some changes that can be accomplished in a capitalist framework

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

one thing a computer can do that most humans can't is be sealed up in a cardboard box and sit in a warehouse
Slippery Tilde
bethany's gotta start counting as cheating in here by now

https://twitter.com/ben_geier/status/1068626288993288192

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,
slægt skal følge slægters gang

more like by august 24, 2017 and probably earlier

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy
https://twitter.com/antsharwood/status/1068337638946402307

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

Is this virtue signalling?

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,

Platystemon posted:

Is this virtue signalling?

yes

also, id like a video of kids swearing at the prime minister please

Whorelord
May 1, 2013

Jump into the well...

lmao in Australia

Sheng-Ji Yang
Mar 5, 2014

H.P. Hovercraft posted:

bethany's gotta start counting as cheating in here by now

https://twitter.com/ben_geier/status/1068626288993288192

marc lamont was a huge hillaryman so whatever

Sheng-Ji Yang
Mar 5, 2014

https://twitter.com/marclamonthill/status/822481351781793793

upgunned shitpost
Jan 21, 2015

Whorelord posted:

lmao in Australia

there are words in australian that don't end in -oval office?

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.

fool_of_sound posted:

The weird part is there is now actual evidence of real russian corruption/collusion with the Trump campaign, but the #resistance are still making their insane diagrams and claiming AOC is actually Natasha in disguise and stuff

The point was always to use 'Russia russia russia' as an excuse to not face up to their failures, from day one.

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,

Whorelord posted:

lmao in Australia

fwiw they also demonstrated on the other side of the planet (denmark)

the kids are alright, sometimes

COMRADES
Apr 3, 2017

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
If we ask VERY POLITELY we will see progress.

*sinks beneath the waves*

MaxxBot
Oct 6, 2003

you could have clapped

you should have clapped!!
Update: Jeb! is a MESS

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,

COMRADES posted:

If we ask VERY POLITELY we will see progress.

*sinks beneath the waves*

cmon man theyre like 12 years old. at least give them 24 hrs to realize that we live in hellworld

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,

i did that math btw; ceilin rooms gone

Doktor Avalanche
Dec 30, 2008

the rest of the thread is centrist dogshit as well.

"Now it’s become an us and them thing. It should be an everyone thing. This is NOT how you address a major environmental and even existential crisis. These kids have destroyed the well-intentioned #schoolstrike4climate movement, and moment"

for gently caress's sake, everything is an us and them thing, there's no such thing as an "everyone thing".

and he's shilling his daughter's opinion piece in the next tweet LOL, he's like a caricature except he's real.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer

Sheng-Ji Yang posted:

marc lamont was a huge hillaryman so whatever

Right thread

Captain Billy Pissboy
Oct 25, 2005

by Nyc_Tattoo
College Slice
Claire McCaskill says she fears Democrats won’t ever win back senate majority, and slams her own party for not embracing moderates

quote:

"This demand for purity, this looking down your nose at people who want to compromise, is a recipe for disaster for the Democrats," McCaskill said. "Will we ever get to a majority in the Senate again, much less to 60, if we do not have some moderates in our party?"
"Everyone gets in their own bubble. And when you're in that kind of echo chamber, it feels very scary to step outside of it," she said. "People have black armbands on around the Democratic caucus, because it feels like we've lost Lindsey Graham. He is someone who was willing to step outside that bubble from time to time and really do the hard work on issues like immigration. We're mourning right now because we fear he's gone."

Goon Danton
May 24, 2012

Don't forget to show my shitposts to the people. They're well worth seeing.

This thread probably has a lot of the same readers as the Failing New York Times thread, but I want to cross-post this because it was made for this thread.

megalodong posted:

OXBALLS DOT COM posted:

Tablet is an American Jewish online magazine founded in 2009 by Jewish non-profit Nextbook

What the gently caress is even going on anymore

Tablet posted:

Since I was 12 I've had an unappealing, didactic distrust of people with the extreme will to live. My father's parents were Holocaust survivors, and in grade school I received the de rigueur exposure to the horror--visiting geriatric men and women with numbers tattooed on their arms, completing assigned reading like The Diary of Anne Frank and Night. But the more information I received, the less sympathy the survivors elicited from me. Each time we clapped for the old Hungarian lady who spoke about Dachau, each time Elie Wiesel threw another anonymous anecdote of betrayal onto a page, I eyed it askance, thinking What did you do that you're not talking about? I had the gut instinct that these were villains masquerading as victims who, solely by virtue of surviving (very likely by any means necessary), felt that they had earned the right to be heroes, their basic, animal self-interest dressed up with glorified phrases like "triumph of the human spirit."

I wondered if anyone had alerted Hitler that in the event that the final solution didn't pan out, only the handful of Jews who actually fulfilled the stereotype of the Judenscheisse (because every group has a few) would remain to carry on the Jewish race--conniving, indestructible, taking and taking. My grandparents were not excluded from this suspicion. The same year, during a family dinner conversation about Terri Schiavo, my father made the serious request that should he fall into a vegetative state, he would like for us to keep him on life support indefinitely. Today he and I are estranged for a number of other reasons that are all somehow the same reason.

Here, now you know all you need to know about Tablet

Arcteryx Anarchist
Sep 15, 2007

Fun Shoe
“All the survivors were actually kapos” is a thermonuclear take

Pirate Radar
Apr 18, 2008

You're not my Ruthie!
You're not my Debbie!
You're not my Sherry!

Goon Danton posted:

This thread probably has a lot of the same readers as the Failing New York Times thread, but I want to cross-post this because it was made for this thread.

holy poo poo

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

Goon Danton posted:

[/quote]

Raiders of the lost ark Nazi melting dot gif

Frog Act
Feb 10, 2012

Goon Danton posted:

[/quote]

well, he's right about one thing: Elie Wiesel is a fuckin rear end in a top hat

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Goon Danton posted:

oh my loving god

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

in the lefty jewish community, tablet has been on our shitlist for a long time. i'm in a discord group for DSA's jewish solidarity caucus and we crafted a document about why they suck, which included a couple of blog posts outlining it. here and here (something to add about the second blog post: liel liebovitz is most certainly not a left-wing voice anymore)

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Oh its those guys

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal

Plutonis posted:

Oh its those guys

lmao

Sheng-Ji Yang