Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Captain Billy Pissboy
Oct 25, 2005

by Nyc_Tattoo
College Slice
When people told me they hated Hillary Clinton or (far worse) that they were "not fans," I wish I had said in no uncertain terms: "I love Hillary Clinton. I am in awe of her. I am set free by her. She will be the finest world leader our galaxy has ever seen."
If only one reporter - they knew about us - could have published a headline like "Clinton Inspires Historic Levels of Adoration From Her Supporters" about the people who have had their lives transformed by the power of her brilliant campaign, unrivaled effectiveness, and extraordinary career. 
She deserves straight-up hagiographies and a sold-out Broadway show called RODHAM. Yes, this cultural canonization is going to come after the chronic, constant, nonstop "On the other hand" sexist hedging around her legacy. But such is the courage of Hillary Clinton and her supporters; we reverse patriarchal orders. Maybe she is more than a president. Maybe she is an idea, a world-historical heroine, light itself. The presidency is too small for her. She belongs to a much more elite class of Americans, the more-than-presidents. Neil Armstrong, Martin Luther King Jr., Alexander loving Hamilton.

Hillary Clinton did everything right in this campaign, and she won more votes than her opponent did. She won. She cannot be faulted, criticized, or analyzed for even one more second. Instead, she will be decorated as an epochal heroine far too extraordinary to be contained by the mere White House. Let that revolting president-elect be Millard Fillmore or Herbert Hoover or whatever. Hillary is Athena.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr. Lobe
Feb 23, 2007

... Dry bones...

Captain Billy Pissboy posted:

When people told me they hated Hillary Clinton or (far worse) that they were "not fans," I wish I had said in no uncertain terms: "I love Hillary Clinton. I am in awe of her. I am set free by her. She will be the finest world leader our galaxy has ever seen."
If only one reporter - they knew about us - could have published a headline like "Clinton Inspires Historic Levels of Adoration From Her Supporters" about the people who have had their lives transformed by the power of her brilliant campaign, unrivaled effectiveness, and extraordinary career. 
She deserves straight-up hagiographies and a sold-out Broadway show called RODHAM. Yes, this cultural canonization is going to come after the chronic, constant, nonstop "On the other hand" sexist hedging around her legacy. But such is the courage of Hillary Clinton and her supporters; we reverse patriarchal orders. Maybe she is more than a president. Maybe she is an idea, a world-historical heroine, light itself. The presidency is too small for her. She belongs to a much more elite class of Americans, the more-than-presidents. Neil Armstrong, Martin Luther King Jr., Alexander loving Hamilton.

Hillary Clinton did everything right in this campaign, and she won more votes than her opponent did. She won. She cannot be faulted, criticized, or analyzed for even one more second. Instead, she will be decorated as an epochal heroine far too extraordinary to be contained by the mere White House. Let that revolting president-elect be Millard Fillmore or Herbert Hoover or whatever. Hillary is Athena.

what does this to a human being

Smirking_Serpent
Aug 27, 2009

this was the woman who made a minor splash by saying she was a creationist for aesthetic reasons

SpaceGoku
Jul 19, 2011

hillary clinton would have shot her mamma in the face for a nickel if she thought she could get away with it and didn't have to pay for the bullet

Smirking_Serpent
Aug 27, 2009

KISS INSPIRES HISTORIC LEVELS OF ADORATION FROM KISS FANS!

Spergin Morlock
Aug 8, 2009

Smirking_Serpent posted:

KISS INSPIRES HISTORIC LEVELS OF ADORATION FROM KISS FANS!

God gave rock and roll to you

Captain Billy Pissboy
Oct 25, 2005

by Nyc_Tattoo
College Slice

Smirking_Serpent posted:

this was the woman who made a minor splash by saying she was a creationist for aesthetic reasons

lol holy poo poo

quote:

In July 2013, Heffernan published an article entitled "Why I'm a creationist".[25] In this, Heffernan stated that "I have never found a more compelling story of our origins than the ones that involve God", and that she was "considerably less amused and moved by the character-free Big Bang story ("something exploded") than by the twisted and picturesque misadventures of Eve and Adam". She concluded by quoting author Yann Martel's summary of the subtext of his novel, Life of Pi: "1) Life is a story, 2) You can choose your story, 3) A story with God is the better story".[25][26] In a subsequent discussion on Twitter with the popular science writer Carl Zimmer, Heffernan clarified her stance — "I'm a creationist on aesthetic grounds".[27]

Ayatollah Hermione
Apr 3, 2007

by Cyrano4747
in this time of mourning, please remember the greatest accomplishment of the late george herbert walker bush. blowing chunks all over the pm of japan.

Dreddout
Oct 1, 2015

You must stay drunk on writing so reality cannot destroy you.

Mr. Lobe posted:

what does this to a human being

Ạ̪̳̤̻͍B́Ư͎͚̟̬̲̩E͔̰̩̺̣̮̱͝Ļ̗̳̲̙̖A͖͖̥̱̖̲̫

Volcott
Mar 30, 2010

People paying American dollars to let other people know they didn't agree with someone's position on something is the lifeblood of these forums.
Our Dread Abuela, may her divine shadow fall upon the world.

Mokelumne Trekka
Nov 22, 2015

Soon.

That time Trump "jokingly" referred to the White House as a dump

That time Trump "jokingly" alluded to efforts to become president for life

Volcott
Mar 30, 2010

People paying American dollars to let other people know they didn't agree with someone's position on something is the lifeblood of these forums.
TRUMP claimed this post was a joke.

A Handed Missus
Aug 6, 2012

Mokelumne Trekka posted:

That time Trump "jokingly" referred to the White House as a dump

https://twitter.com/ChelseaClinton/status/892511530973089792

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

thank you to all the wage laborers that keep the most evil office in the land looking prestigious

ikanreed
Sep 25, 2009

I honestly I have no idea who cannibal[SIC] is and I do not know why I should know.

syq dude, just syq!

Taintrunner posted:

thank you to all the wage laborers that keep the most evil office in the land looking prestigious

poo poo I didn't know exxon was based in DC

tinstaach
Aug 3, 2010

MAGNetic AttITUDE

President Donald Trump has spoken and posed for photos at bill-signing ceremonies and then tried to leave without actually signing the bill on at least three separate occasions

GIANT OUIJA BOARD
Aug 22, 2011

177 Years of Your Dick
All
Night
Non
Stop
George H W Bush being the handsomest man on television

Flavius Aetass
Mar 30, 2011

Charles 2 of Spain
Nov 7, 2017

Hotdog is my favourite meat

A Handed Missus
Aug 6, 2012

Algund Eenboom
May 4, 2014

https://www.chicagotribune.com/news/ct-xpm-1988-09-13-8801290876-story,amp.html

Rip HW

quote:

Six members of Vice President George Bush`s ''Coalition of American Nationalities'' resigned Monday, further troubling a presidential campaign tainted by reports that some members of the volunteer group had held pro-fascist sentiments or connections to anti-Semitic activities.

The resignations came a day after Frederic Malek, Bush`s appointee to the Republican National Committee, quit after the disclosure that in 1971 he compiled a list of Jewish employees in top posts in the Bureau of Labor Statistics at the request of former President Richard Nixon.

Last week, the ethnic coalition`s cochairman, Jerome Brentar, was dismissed by the campaign after it was disclosed he had defended John Demjanjuk, the former Cleveland autoworker convicted in Israel in April as a Nazi war criminal.

The disclosures about the ethnic coalition were published a week ago in Washington Jewish Week. It said the Bush campaign committee included Florian Galdau, described as the New York Chief of the Iron Guard, Romania`s anti-Semitic, pro-Nazi movement, and Rev. Philip Guarino, a Roman Catholic priest listed as a member of an illegal, neofascist Italian group.

Also resigning were: Laszlo Pasztor, whom Jewish Week described as a Hungarian-American who as a youth served in Hungary`s pro-Nazi, anti-Semitic Arrowcross; and Radi Slavoff, national co-chairman of Bulgarians for Bush.

Slavoff was identified in a Philadelphia Inquirer article Saturday as former head of the Bulgarian National Front, a group formed after World War II by members of the Nazi-aligned Bulgarian Legion.

Roosevelt
Jul 18, 2009

I'm looking for the man who shot my paw.

https://publicdefender.mo.gov/wp-content/uploads/2018/04/Delegation_of_Representation.pdf

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007

this one really slipped my mind

GalacticAcid
Apr 8, 2013

NEW YORK VALUES
https://twitter.com/dankmtl/status/1069001480722628608?s=21

lol

GalacticAcid
Apr 8, 2013

NEW YORK VALUES
https://twitter.com/emmanuelmacron/status/875394454110294016?s=21

A Handed Missus
Aug 6, 2012

Homeless Friend posted:

this one really slipped my mind

Donald J. Trump ending his announcement speech with "the American dream............ IS DEAD"

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

France is the Tesla of countries

Mycroft Holmes
Mar 26, 2010

by Azathoth

Taintrunner posted:

France is the Tesla of countries

They're certainly arrogant enough.

Waterbed Wendy
Jan 29, 2009
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BG-_ZDrypec

What's funny is how incredibly embarrassing and unfunny this was.

Accident Underwater
Oct 21, 2005

You look like a star!
https://twitter.com/williamlegate/status/1027338185100025856?s=19

Space Jam
Jul 22, 2008

rod blagojevich’s wife taking his place on a reality tv show during his trial

quote:

He told an interviewer he found it difficult to watch his wife eat a dead tarantula on the broadcast, but remarked that her willingness to participate in the show was "an act of love" because she was earning funds to alleviate their adverse financial position.

GalacticAcid
Apr 8, 2013

NEW YORK VALUES

Space Jam posted:

lmfao

Filthy Hans
Jun 27, 2008

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 10 years!)

Space Jam posted:

holy moley

A Gnarlacious Bro
Apr 25, 2007

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Waterbed Wendy posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BG-_ZDrypec

What's funny is how incredibly embarrassing and unfunny this was.

What's funny is kate mckinnon and bari weiss have had sex

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

one thing a computer can do that most humans can't is be sealed up in a cardboard box and sit in a warehouse
Slippery Tilde

Heffernan has been online since the age of ten, when she used a Zenith computer terminal and dial-up modem at home to play a MUD at Dartmouth College.[16] Her book about digital culture, Magic and Loss: The Internet As Art (Simon & Schuster) was published in June 2016.[1][17] In this, Heffernan argued that the Internet is "the great masterpiece of civilization, a massive and collective work of art".[18]

lol but how old was she when she first saw goatse

got any sevens
Feb 9, 2013

by Cyrano4747

A Gnarlacious Bro posted:

ouch

https://mobile.twitter.com/bariweiss/status/1068279100316532739

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

one thing a computer can do that most humans can't is be sealed up in a cardboard box and sit in a warehouse
Slippery Tilde

A Gnarlacious Bro posted:

they were dating when she sang that

GalacticAcid
Apr 8, 2013

NEW YORK VALUES
whatever happened to bari weiss getting shipped off to australia

Doktor Avalanche
Dec 30, 2008

GalacticAcid posted:

whatever happened to bari weiss getting shipped off to australia

returned to sender

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ikanreed
Sep 25, 2009

I honestly I have no idea who cannibal[SIC] is and I do not know why I should know.

syq dude, just syq!
Remember George Bush's grandfather plotting a Nazi takeover of the US?