Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ichabod Tane
Oct 30, 2005

A most notable
coward, an infinite and endless liar, an hourly promise breaker, the owner of no one good quality.

https://youtu.be/_Ojd0BdtMBY?t=4
American here, watching the Commons Liaison Committee for Brexit questioning. May isn't the best speaker / debater but holy poo poo she's getting wrecked

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MikeCrotch
Nov 5, 2011

I AM UNJUSTIFIABLY PROUD OF MY SPAGHETTI BOLOGNESE RECIPE

YES, IT IS AN INCREDIBLY SIMPLE DISH

NO, IT IS NOT NORMAL TO USE A PEPPERAMI INSTEAD OF MINCED MEAT

YES, THERE IS TOO MUCH SALT IN MY RECIPE

NO, I WON'T STOP SHARING IT

more like BOLLOCKnese

Glenn Quebec posted:

American here, watching the Commons Liaison Committee for Brexit questioning. May isn't the best speaker / debater but holy poo poo she's getting wrecked

it helps if you realise that theresa may has a humiliation fetish

Jel Shaker
Apr 19, 2003

iSimian posted:

I think the U.K should just go the whole imperial mile and leave the European Broadcasting Union as well.

I love how Eurovision got blatantly corrupted by Eastern euro geopolitik

saying that, General Franco used his security services to win votes one year so maybe it was always corrupt

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat

Jel Shaker posted:

saying that, General Franco used his security services to win votes one year so maybe it was always corrupt

Yeah, Eastern Europe existing is truly the main problem with the competition where the Swedish circlejerk exists.

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

Jel Shaker posted:

No nation was more glad for the Eastern European entrance to Eurovision than the Irish who will no longer go bankrupt having to host it every few years.

Captain Splendid
Jan 7, 2009

Qu'en pense Caffarelli?

forkboy84 posted:

No nation was more glad for the Eastern European entrance to Eurovision than the Irish who will no longer go bankrupt having to host it every few years.

Ireland's greatest contribution to Eurovision was the late Terry Wogan's drunken commentary.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_Ll-_cPNRAk

Pissflaps
Oct 20, 2002

by VideoGames
I fell out of love with Eurovision several years ago

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
https://twitter.com/AlexTaylorNews/...ingawful.com%2F

Poco
Jul 17, 2005

....I am a Tariff Man

her head is going to end up on the end of a fence post after the food riots.

SMILLENNIALSMILLEN
Jun 26, 2009

They're all planning to decamp to the continent for the duration like a medival court switching palaces after filling one with garbag and feces

Pissflaps
Oct 20, 2002

by VideoGames
https://news.sky.com/story/brexit-uk-to-build-own-satellite-system-after-may-rules-out-using-eus-galileo-project-11568204

I find the idea that we’re going to build our own GPS alternative quite thrilling and I’m surprised the EU is being so short sighted as to freeze the UK out of the one currently in development.

It’s the first time I’ve thought of the EU as being less than pragmatic during this process.

Jel Shaker
Apr 19, 2003

Pissflaps posted:

https://news.sky.com/story/brexit-uk-to-build-own-satellite-system-after-may-rules-out-using-eus-galileo-project-11568204

I find the idea that we’re going to build our own GPS alternative quite thrilling and I’m surprised the EU is being so short sighted as to freeze the UK out of the one currently in development.

It’s the first time I’ve thought of the EU as being less than pragmatic during this process.

I thought the problem was more that our insanely powerful security services wouldn’t have control over the new system

so of course several billion is magically found to fund space toys, probably to avoid awkward questions about military funding/surveillance

tarbrush
Feb 7, 2011

ALL ABOARD THE SCOTLAND HYPE TRAIN!

CHOO CHOO

Jel Shaker posted:

I thought the problem was more that our insanely powerful security services wouldn’t have control over the new system

so of course several billion is magically found to fund space toys, probably to avoid awkward questions about military funding/surveillance

It'll never happen, cause there isn't enough spectrum, and lol if Global Britain will have the clout to make Russia, China, the US, the EU and Japan carve us out some.

Pissflaps
Oct 20, 2002

by VideoGames

tarbrush posted:

It'll never happen, cause there isn't enough spectrum, and lol if Global Britain will have the clout to make Russia, China, the US, the EU and Japan carve us out some.

who polices this?

Itzena
Aug 2, 2006

Nothing will improve the way things currently are.
Slime TrainerS
Countries with power and influence.

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008
What the British GPS equivalent of the Jeremy Clarkson joke about the Volkswagen Satnav that only goes to Poland?

Pissflaps
Oct 20, 2002

by VideoGames

Itzena posted:

Countries with power and influence.

So, in fact, nobody?

genericnick
Dec 26, 2012

Pissflaps posted:

So, in fact, nobody?

Countries with anti-satellite missles.

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

rip pete's job though, you're not supposed to ask questions man, who do you think you are some kind of opposition

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

Glenn Quebec posted:

theresa may is fantastically bad at her job in every way and has only kept it because the rest of the tories are also completely inept and can never find the right backstab to take power

Dance Officer
May 4, 2017

It would be awesome if we could dance!
I mean, despite everyone (supposedly) being hilariously incompetent, there's a deal on the table. One that kicks a lot of cans down the road for sure, but basically everyone said that hammering out a complete agreement would take much longer than time allotted.

Pissflaps
Oct 20, 2002

by VideoGames

Yinlock posted:

theresa may is fantastically bad at her job in every way and has only kept it because the rest of the tories are also completely inept and can never find the right backstab to take power

terrible analysis

a real stinker

Wolfsbane
Jul 29, 2009

What time is it, Eccles?

Dance Officer posted:

I mean, despite everyone (supposedly) being hilariously incompetent, there's a deal on the table. One that kicks a lot of cans down the road for sure, but basically everyone said that hammering out a complete agreement would take much longer than time allotted.

This isn't a complete agreement, it's an agreement to start negotiating.

120 days to go...

Pissflaps
Oct 20, 2002

by VideoGames

Wolfsbane posted:

This isn't a complete agreement, it's an agreement to start negotiating.

120 days to go...

it’s a complete withdrawal agreement

the post Brexit trade negotiations can - and will - go on literally for ever

Communist Thoughts
Jan 7, 2008

Our war against free speech cannot end until we silence this bronze beast!

Dance Officer posted:

Like the other chap says this isn't a deal lol this is the transition agreement I.e. what happens while we do the deal which has not yet materialised... 4 months to go

Communist Thoughts
Jan 7, 2008

Also May definitely has a humiliation fetish, she wanders in dressed as a leathered up clown and gets savagely mocked by public school boys all day then goes home and frigs herself senseless

Pissflaps
Oct 20, 2002

by VideoGames

Hentai Jihadist posted:

Like the other chap says this isn't a deal lol this is the transition agreement I.e. what happens while we do the deal which has not yet materialised... 4 months to go

four months to go until what?

twoday
May 4, 2005

C-SPAM Times best-selling author

genericnick posted:

Countries with anti-satellite missles.

I read that hose don't work apparently, because the debris damages all the other satellites in the same orbital field, so you need a laser or something

Martout
Aug 8, 2007

None so deprived

Pissflaps posted:

four months to go until what?

I think a lot of people think the full package of trade agreements need to be in place by end of march to avoid catastrophe

Pissflaps
Oct 20, 2002

by VideoGames

Martout posted:

I think a lot of people think the full package of trade agreements need to be in place by end of march to avoid catastrophe

apparently so

Communist Thoughts
Jan 7, 2008

I guess that's what the transition deal is for but gently caress you dont tread on my dreams

Just 4 months until the UK is destroyed at last

Martout
Aug 8, 2007

None so deprived

Pissflaps posted:

apparently so

I mean it'll still probably provide a solid amount of entertaining content for this thread but just like in the tesla thread it's going to be more of a squeaky wet fart than a bang

ContinuityNewTimes
Dec 30, 2010

Я выдуман напрочь

Pissflaps posted:

terrible analysis

a real stinker

don't sign your posts

Fried Watermelon
Dec 29, 2008

lol @ ending free movement and making it skills based

Regarde Aduck
Oct 19, 2012

c l o u d k i t t e n
Grimey Drawer

Pissflaps posted:

Yeah it's really cool that we're going to waste millions when the continent right next us has a system already in place. One that we did a lot of the work on.

I guess it's worth it for the 100 or so STEM jobs it creates? (It's not worth it).

twoday posted:

I read that hose don't work apparently, because the debris damages all the other satellites in the same orbital field, so you need a laser or something

That just means they work really well.

Pissflaps
Oct 20, 2002

by VideoGames

Regarde Aduck posted:

Yeah it's really cool that we're going to waste millions when the continent right next us has a system already in place. One that we did a lot of the work on.

I guess it's worth it for the 100 or so STEM jobs it creates? (It's not worth it).

it’s not wasted if we end up with a better gps alternative at the end of it, though I do think it would be better if the EU allowed the UK to continue participating in Galileo. I’d have thought deep cooperation on security matters would be something easily agreed by both sides.

the £1.2 billion we spent on Galileo, however, has proved to be a waste

hallebarrysoetoro
Jun 14, 2003
the best part of hellworld is watching people suffer for voting for politicians who will give the voters exactly what was promised them

1994 Toyota Celica
Sep 11, 2008

by Nyc_Tattoo

Pissflaps posted:

it’s not wasted if we end up with a better gps alternative at the end of it,

hah

you won't

ContinuityNewTimes
Dec 30, 2010

Я выдуман напрочь

It'll be as good as our aircraft carriers

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pissflaps
Oct 20, 2002

by VideoGames

if it provides greater accuracy than the us military will allow us to have from gps, then it will be