Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Chef Boyardeez Nuts
Sep 9, 2011

The more you kick against the pricks, the more you suffer.

Nice twitter own comparing q to a thing babies believe...unless, wait...we know q is someone with White House access

and we know q was uniquely positioned to learn of Obama's many crimes

and q is almost certainly an old white male

Oh.
God.
But no. This is crazy. For what I'm suggesting to be true would require magic, like flying, immortality, omnscience, straight up "sell your soul to the devil magic...unless...
Oh.
God.
No.

You better watch out....

Chef Boyardeez Nuts fucked around with this message at 15:00 on Dec 1, 2018

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

Your Taint posted:

Every morning I check my phone hoping that a President died overnight.

i want him to live forever.

KickerOfMice
Jun 7, 2017

[/color]Keep firing, assholes![/color]

Spaceballs the custom title.
Fun Shoe

Pellisworth posted:

a Bush in the ground isn't worth two wars in the sand

but I'm glad he's dead

Your Taint posted:

Every morning I check my phone hoping that a President died overnight. This morning I found out that one did, but not necessarily the one that I wanted.

Not Jimmy C-Note!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TB_wx0dAPU0

KickerOfMice fucked around with this message at 15:01 on Dec 1, 2018

Ague Proof
Jun 5, 2014

they told me
I was everything
Bush deserves a Trump eulogy.

Chef Boyardeez Nuts
Sep 9, 2011

This is clearly them trying to get ahead of it. Announce you're going before you're explicitly disinvited.

Chef Boyardeez Nuts fucked around with this message at 15:09 on Dec 1, 2018

Zil
Jun 4, 2011

Satanically Summoned Citrus

Ague Proof posted:

Wonder what kind overly exaggerated description he would use for Bush. Bombingist? War Winnerest?

Edit: or will he confuse HW for W and talk about 9/11?

Ague Proof
Jun 5, 2014

they told me
I was everything

Jeb! was his favorite son and Bush threw a shoe at the TV during one of the debates because Trump kept bullying him.

Chef Boyardeez Nuts posted:

This is clearly them trying to get ahead of it. Announce your going before you're explicitly disinvited.

Putin just canceled the invitation.

Ague Proof fucked around with this message at 15:12 on Dec 1, 2018

KickerOfMice
Jun 7, 2017

[/color]Keep firing, assholes![/color]

Spaceballs the custom title.
Fun Shoe

Ague Proof posted:

Jeb! was his favorite son and Bush threw a shoe at the TV during one of the debates because Trump kept bullying him.

Putin just canceled the invitation.

Surely you jest. Right?

Chef Boyardeez Nuts
Sep 9, 2011

Bonus: the 80s were loving wild y'all

Nurse Fanny
Aug 14, 2007

truly a most cursed krampus day

BigglesSWE
Dec 2, 2014

How 'bout them hawks news huh!
Not gonna toxx on it but there’s a 50/50 that Trump will, at some point going forward, make a comment implying he thinks it’s Jr. who snuffed it.

Robot Hobo
May 18, 2002

robothobo.com
Trump must be so happy that GHW Bush died at the perfect time for him. This week's news has been an utter disaster for Donald, the kind of week where he desperately needs anything else to happen that could distract the media from his own failures... And then his prayers are answered.

Also, I was confused at first to see people suddenly talking about GHW Bush, because I was certain he had died already, though I couldn't remember exactly when. When Mrs. Hobo heard the news, she had the exact same reaction. Wishful thinking?

Boris Galerkin
Dec 17, 2011

I don't understand why I can't harass people online. Seriously, somebody please explain why I shouldn't be allowed to stalk others on social media!

Ague Proof posted:

That would be amazing to watch.

"Not many people know this, but George HW Bush was a president, just like me. They say he won more electoral votes than me, but I won the popular vote. I had 62 million! He only had less than 50 million."

Caros
May 14, 2008

Robot Hobo posted:

Trump must be so happy that GHW Bush died at the perfect time for him. This week's news has been an utter disaster for Donald, the kind of week where he desperately needs anything else to happen that could distract the media from his own failures... And then his prayers are answered.

Also, I was confused at first to see people suddenly talking about GHW Bush, because I was certain he had died already, though I couldn't remember exactly when. When Mrs. Hobo heard the news, she had the exact same reaction. Wishful thinking?

His wife died in April, so maybe crossed wires with that?

Doctor Spaceman
Jul 6, 2010

"Everyone's entitled to their point of view, but that's seriously a weird one."

Robot Hobo posted:

He's been on death's door for a while and I'm pretty sure obituaries have been accidentally run in the past.

BigBallChunkyTime
Nov 25, 2011

Kyle Schwarber: World Series hero, Beefy Lad, better than you.

Illegal Hen
https://twitter.com/CNN/status/1068874683548717056

Withnail
Feb 11, 2004

Robot Hobo posted:

This will be old news by the time the good college football games start.

Phobic Nest
Oct 2, 2013

You Are My Sunshine

Robot Hobo posted:

Probably not too grateful though. He'd rather the distraction be about him. He's rather anything be about him.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

If you don't invite him all the news will be about the snub instead of the dead guy

DynamicSloth
Jul 30, 2006

"Man is least himself when he talks in his own person. Give him a mask, and he will tell you the truth."
I almoooooost feel bad for Jeb having to put up with Trump at his dad's funeral.

Ague Proof
Jun 5, 2014

they told me
I was everything
https://twitter.com/craigunger/status/1068675785672851459

DynamicSloth posted:

I almoooooost feel bad for Jeb having to put up with Trump at his dad's funeral.

He wouldn't be in this position if he hadn't stole Florida for his brother.

Crow Jane
Oct 18, 2012

nothin' wrong with a lady drinkin' alone in her room

Ague Proof posted:

He wouldn't be in this position if he hadn't stole Florida for his brother.

Pretty sure his dad would probably still be dead

Robot Hobo
May 18, 2002

robothobo.com

Phobic Nest posted:

Probably not too grateful though. He'd rather the distraction be about him. He's rather anything be about him.
Naah, this is perfect, because the news is still going to be talking about DONALD TRUMP as he gives a speech about GHW Bush, letting Donald be on camera doing what he thinks of as his serious Presidentin' stuff, but in a context where nobody gets to ask him any of those awful questions about Russia or paying for sex or any of that.

The fact that this news isn't about Trump is of no concern, because it will still involve him, and he's a savant at turning things like that into stories about DONALD TRUMP anyway.

Robot Hobo fucked around with this message at 16:03 on Dec 1, 2018

BigBallChunkyTime
Nov 25, 2011

Illegal Hen

DynamicSloth posted:

Nah, nobody deserves that, not even Jeb!

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

DynamicSloth posted:

nah it's actually really funny

VH4Ever
Oct 1, 2005

by sebmojo

DynamicSloth posted:

So he IS going, then?

Caros posted:

His wife died in April, so maybe crossed wires with that?

Well, plus he had a hospital stay right after that, which evidently is where he told family "no more hospital stays."

VH4Ever fucked around with this message at 16:14 on Dec 1, 2018

FuturePastNow
May 19, 2014

Trump and the Bushes deserve each other

Now, will they let Donald speak...

Crow Jane
Oct 18, 2012

nothin' wrong with a lady drinkin' alone in her room

FuturePastNow posted:

Trump and the Bushes deserve each other

Now, will they let Donald speak...

Didn't he already request Obama? Or am I thinking of some other dead or dying politician?

Eggplant Squire
Aug 14, 2003

If anyone chides you for not "showing respect for the dead" or that you are bad for not caring about Bush being dead remember he had this to say about the 290 people we killed by shooting down an airliner in 1988.

Bush posted:

“I will never apologize for the United States of America—I don’t care what the facts are.”

Civility is something reserved for our leaders, not the people they kill; or defend the killers of.

https://www.foreignpolicyjournal.com/2017/07/03/the-forgotten-us-shootdown-of-iranian-airliner-flight-655%AD/

Trump openly not giving a poo poo about the Saudis murder is not anything out of the ordinary for us openly making GBS threads on the dead.

Eggplant Squire fucked around with this message at 16:24 on Dec 1, 2018

Blind Duke
Nov 8, 2013
I want Trump at that funeral on the condition that Obama is there as well. They both get to give remarks, and the contrast will be stark.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.

Robot Hobo posted:

It’s not really gonna help him though especially with his narcissistic brain. People are gonna go on and on how great Bush was and poo poo talk trump while doing it. That will make him jealous and he will say poo poo.

Ague Proof
Jun 5, 2014

they told me
I was everything
Trump expressed interest in becoming Bush's running mate to Lee Atwater. (Trump claims Atwater approached him but he declined)

VH4Ever
Oct 1, 2005

by sebmojo

Blind Duke posted:

I want Trump at that funeral on the condition that Obama is there as well. They both get to give remarks, and the contrast will be stark.

Of course Obama will be there, as will Carter and Clinton.

BigBallChunkyTime
Nov 25, 2011

Illegal Hen
https://twitter.com/NBCNews/status/1068888492107804672

eke out
Feb 24, 2013

sounds like definitely the real reason

e: haha well that's an interesting alternative to being cobbed

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Oh no oh god it's all true!

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.

https://twitter.com/tombrennerphoto/status/1068861859888070657

not really surprised he is skipping after poo poo like poo poo.

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

Dapper_Swindler posted:

not really surprised he is skipping after poo poo like poo poo.

what a loving awkward human being. i love how his circus tent pants make it look like he got itty bitty hooves.

https://twitter.com/AnandWrites/status/1068864566912798721

ahhh yes the man born to considerable wealth whose dad probably helped the nazis and used the most famous racist ad of all time in his presidential run is the opposite of trump.

https://twitter.com/dasharez0ne/status/1068893266249175040

Groovelord Neato fucked around with this message at 16:45 on Dec 1, 2018

eke out
Feb 24, 2013

i know half this thread despises maddow in general, but her podcast that's exclusively about the investigation into Spiro Agnew that happened simultaneously with Watergate (but for unrelated, rampant corruption) is really good

and it prominently features a relatively young George H. W. Bush as part of the conspiracy to obstruct justice to try to cover it all up, which I had no idea about - i thought his notable crimes began with like, running the CIA and then pardoning Iran/Contra criminals and doing the Gulf War, but turns out they began way earlier

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PT6A
Jan 5, 2006

Public school teachers are callous dictators who won't lift a finger to stop children from peeing in my plane
HW was certainly a monster due to his actions, but he wasn't such an entirely reprehensible excuse for a human being on a personal level in every conceivable way.

That's one of the problems with Trump: he's such a vile, classless, vulgar imbecile that he makes people who are terrible monsters look somewhat acceptable by way of comparison.