Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Zelder
Jan 4, 2012

Why are people making fun of this thing that's bad, I don't get it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Comfy Fleece Sweater
Apr 2, 2013

You see, but you do not observe.

Catalyst-proof posted:

Attention is not some kind of weird hypocrisy-currency, and there's nothing "weird" about spending time and attention on something that sucks.

While we're at it, Roger Ebert spent an awful lot of time writing about movies that sucked. Seems weird to me. Passive aggressive shrug. :shrug:

Yeah

If you like products, it’s weird to discuss when products are bad

But thats the internet for ya

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

What I'm getting at is...
Do you feel the same way?
Think I average a crash every 6 or 7 hours, not counting all the disconnects.

Harry Potter on Ice posted:

Yea it's crazy to me too that someone would waste 6 months posting that much about a game they dont like trying to be funny

Dude gently caress off. That's not what I did.

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY

Rinkles posted:

Think I average a crash every 6 or 7 hours, not counting all the disconnects.

Same. The game has gotten better. :v:

Son of a Vondruke!
Aug 3, 2012

More than Star Citizen will ever be.

Yea it's crazy to me too that someone would waste 6 months posting that much about a game they dont like trying to be funny

I don't think you understand what everyone is trying to tell you. This is NOT the Fallout 76 thread. It's the general Fallout franchise thread. So that 6 months had nothing to do with 76, it hadn't been announced yet. No-one knew it even existed. That 6 months and 10 pages of posts were spent discussing all the OTHER fallout games.

Vinylshadow
Mar 20, 2017

My first trip into Zion ended with me killing some tribal savage that was running at me after having shot me. Apparently he was important because once he was dead, all I could do was go deeper into the valley, find a map, and go back home

Why does this one guy have so many things riding on his survival?

...ohhhhhh

He must've been the player character of a better game or something

Second visit I listened to what he had to say before shooting him in the face with an anti-materiel rifle, sending him plummeting into the canyon depths

Then I shot a giant bear, listened to some kook in a cave, found a cowboy, took a map and went back home

Frog Act
Feb 10, 2012

I may have wasted the last six months of my life but it wasn't because of some posts I made about FO76, I mean, making snarky remarks about a big game disaster isn't a full time posting career

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth
Threads for bad games are fun.

Fallout 76 gets the honor of joining No Man's Sky, Sea of Thieves, and Dragon Age 2 as one of the all time greatest Games threads.

frajaq
Jan 30, 2009

#acolyte GM of 2014

It's like people don't remember how this thread was on the from reveal to the release of Fallout 4

Low Desert Punk
Jul 4, 2012

i have absolutely no fucking money
Why are gamers so insecure about liking things

You dont need to come to a forum to valiantly defend your taste, it's ok to like poo poo, lmao

Evrart Claire
Jan 11, 2008

Frog Act posted:

I may have wasted the last six months of my life but it wasn't because of some posts I made about FO76, I mean, making snarky remarks about a big game disaster isn't a full time posting career

Fuckin millenials. If you spent those moments wasted on posting about videogames working you'd be drowning in deeds to new houses by now.

KrunkMcGrunk
Jul 2, 2007

Sometimes I sit and think, and sometimes I just sit.

mocking things is the core of SA. if you get mad people are mocking a trash game in SA games, i dunno what to tell you, bud.

Comfy Fleece Sweater
Apr 2, 2013

You see, but you do not observe.

I mean technically all those ghouls are NPCS

BlackCircle
Oct 21, 2005

I did Nazi that butt coming
I swear to God I have the worst loving luck in this game when it comes to Power Armor. I have only had one time where I was actually able to leave Power Armor normally and every other time I have gotten stuck in it and had to die and relog to the game to actually exit the loving thing.

And now today I can't actually use my power armor station to craft and repair the armor I have. I hit "Craft" and my character just stares at the station for five seconds before it kicks me out and won't let me do anything anymore because my spirit is trapped on the station. Not to mention when I decide to exit the game it will crash but not actually dump me back on desktop it will just sit there and not let me open my task manager to force close it so I have to restart my computer just to exit their loving game. Like I know Bethesda games are buggy as gently caress naturally but its a little out of hand with this one.

Liquid Communism
Mar 9, 2004

коммунизм хранится в яичках
Most cool and fun interaction ever today. Got flagged for PvP by opening a door to someone's shack while trying to run from a scorchbeast.

Got murdered, they grabbed all my scrap, and aren't flagged for revenge so I can't effectively hurt them. GG my bullshit looting quest for the 80 screws this power armor wants.

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

boar guy posted:

spending time posting about a game you dont own or plan to play seems really weird to me :shrug:

Seems like you're mad that they didn't have to waste time or money on this piece of poo poo and you did. lol

Then again...

So did I.

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

BlackCircle posted:

And now today I can't actually use my power armor station to craft and repair the armor I have. I hit "Craft" and my character just stares at the station for five seconds before it kicks me out and won't let me do anything anymore because my spirit is trapped on the station.

Check if there's something in front of the PA station. The game acts that way when there's something blocking the crafting station you're trying to use.

ZeusCannon
Nov 5, 2009

BLAAAAAARGH PLEASE KILL ME BLAAAAAAAARGH
Grimey Drawer
Modders SAVE US

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

Upon finding cool higher level power armor, instead of going "cool" or "awesome", the common reaction is "where the gently caress am I going to store this poo poo?"

Tei
Feb 19, 2011

ZeusCannon posted:

Modders SAVE US

#mod 3

Unlocked sliders on character design. Not limits. No restrictions to "anatomically feasible" tyranny.

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I am getting to the point where I need to work on crafting ×-01 armor. Plus t51b is better than t60 for everything but rads.

My only regret for buying on ps4 is no mod to make plans and recipes glow green.

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

At this point, Mudman abruptly ends the conversation. He usually insists on the last word.

boar guy posted:

it's just weird. like guys who dont watch wwe but still show up in the PSP threads to criticize booking decisions. you're still giving the thing you purport to think sucks attention.

WWE like Fallout 76 is bad and its funny how bad it is

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

Mr Hootington posted:

I am getting to the point where I need to work on crafting ×-01 armor. Plus t51b is better than t60 for everything but rads.

My only regret for buying on ps4 is no mod to make plans and recipes glow green.

So I shouldn't stress about dumping the t60 armor I just found? Can't wear it for another 7 levels, and I got no space. I hate that you can't store armor in a suit if you can't use the armor yet

Low Desert Punk
Jul 4, 2012

i have absolutely no fucking money

Zerilan posted:

Fuckin millenials. If you spent those moments wasted on posting about videogames working you'd be drowning in deeds to new houses by now.

eating avocado toast while i shitpost about fallout

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

Rinkles posted:

So I shouldn't stress about dumping the t60 armor I just found? Can't wear it for another 7 levels, and I got no space. I hate that you can't store armor in a suit if you can't use the armor yet

I wouldn't be. The level 50 t51b has better kinetic and energy resistance than level 50 t60. T60 would be better than t51b for running into nuke zones but rad-x and radaway should make up the difference.

I'd scrap the T60 and make a note for the location you found it and come back when you can wear that armor if you want it.

Edit: I wish there were level 50 variants of excavator and raider armor. Both look good, but raider stops at 35 or 40 and excavator stops a 45 and it's damage resistances are not great

Mr Hootington fucked around with this message at 20:03 on Dec 1, 2018

ZeusCannon
Nov 5, 2009

Grimey Drawer
The games are extended gutters and the gutters are full of atoms and when the drains finally monetize themselves, all the gamers will drown. The accumulated filth of all their fan boyism and paid dlc will foam up about their waists and all the weeabos and roleplayers will look up and shout 'MODDERS SAVE US!'...and I'll look down and whisper 'oblivion gates in the middle of west virginia are canon.

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

Mr Hootington posted:

I wouldn't be. The level 50 t51b has better kinetic and energy resistance than level 50 t60. T60 would be better than t51b for running into nuke zones but rad-x and radaway should make up the difference.

I'd scrap the T60 and make a note for the location you found it and come back when you can wear that armor if you want it.

Edit: I wish there were level 50 variants of excavator and raider armor. Both look good, but raider stops at 35 or 40 and excavator stops a 45 and it's damage resistances are not great

Crap, for whatever reason it didn't occur to me you could scrap PA for plans.

Clark Nova
Jul 18, 2004

socialsecurity posted:

Thread existed 6 months before Fallout 76 was even announced.

I liked Fallout nostalgia chat. I disliked Fallout 76 (anti-) anticipation chat and wished the game had gotten its own thread. I like Fallout 76 disaster chat so I'm glad I stayed subbed

Chickenwalker
Apr 21, 2011

by FactsAreUseless
Guys...sounds like Bethesda has a lot of.......Fallout??????? Over this???? To deal with??????????? Eh?????

frajaq
Jan 30, 2009

#acolyte GM of 2014

eh their next single player games will probably sell well regardless of this F76 drama

Tei
Feb 19, 2011

I just reinstalled Fallout 4.

First impression is ... the graphics look better than the ones in Fallout 76. The controls are about the same. The map is (of course) much worse, since is the pipboy integrated.

I am considering buying Far Harbor, since I never played the F4 mods.

Raskolnikov
Nov 25, 2003

This thread is funny and I'm glad it's here. After FO4 I learned my lesson, Fallout is truly dead until otherwise stated.

Xik
Mar 10, 2011

Dinosaur Gum

Tei posted:

I am considering buying Far Harbor, since I never played the F4 mods.

I really enjoyed far harbour. The atmosphere is great and it has some unique set pieces. I also felt it was a nice little break from the main game world and if you care about the settlement system there are some neat locations for build in.

In true Bethesda fashion they botched the ending in my opinion and it just sort of fell flat....

i am tim!
Jan 5, 2005

God damn it, where are my ant keys?! I'm gonna miss my flight!

Raskolnikov posted:

This thread is funny and I'm glad it's here. After FO4 I learned my lesson, Fallout is truly dead until otherwise stated.

Same, and I didn’t even hate Fallout 4 as much as most. I ended up spending a lot of time enjoying building dumpster towns while either ignoring or mocking the main story quest. I figured that Fallout 76 would be a mess when I heard it would be an always online, unmoddable multiplayer game just based on Bethesda’s track record with bugs and game stability. I’m shocked at how much worse it’s turning out, this is way beyond my expectations.

HORMELCHILI
Jan 13, 2010

boar guy posted:

it's just weird. like guys who dont watch wwe but still show up in the PSP threads to criticize booking decisions. you're still giving the thing you purport to think sucks attention.

Yeah i thought a hundred horrible general chat threads in this forum were supposed to contain this kind of thing, but i guess makkng those threads is about sll the moderator of this forum actually does

rickiep00h
Aug 16, 2010

BATDANCE

I don’t care about ripping into legit ridiculous things like the bugs or the nylon bag fiasco or whatever. Legit criticism. The game is at BEST half-finished and it absolutely should not have shipped in the state it’s in. I don’t know to what extent it will actually be fixed given both Bethesda and the industry’s failing to fix their poo poo historically but also of late.

Laying into people that enjoy playing the game and being personally offended that people could like things you don’t is just petty. I don’t care about “This game is broken,” but “You’re a broken piece of poo poo shill for enjoying this game” is entirely out of line. In my opinion. And it’s not an exaggeration, either. Nearly anyone that comes in here and enjoys the game gets poo poo on for wanting to discuss the content of a Fallout game in the Fallout thread.

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

we monitor many frequencies. we listen always. came a voice, out of the babel of tongues, speaking to us. it played us a mighty dub.
has anyone mentioned that bethesda's comments re: private servers seem to indicate that they'll just be hosted (likely subscription req.) private instances? this seems kinda important for anyone holding out hope that private servers and mods will salvage the game.

https://twitter.com/DCDeacon/status/1034123132284624896

ZeusCannon
Nov 5, 2009

Grimey Drawer

Xik posted:

I really enjoyed far harbour. The atmosphere is great and it has some unique set pieces. I also felt it was a nice little break from the main game world and if you care about the settlement system there are some neat locations for build in.

In true Bethesda fashion they botched the ending in my opinion and it just sort of fell flat....

I like far harbor as well and ill admit the first time a hermit crab took a shot at me i was having a blast

K8.0
Feb 26, 2004

Her Majesty's 56th Regiment of Foot
Nobody really cares that people enjoy lovely games, it's just funny enough to be worth mocking. People do care that lovely consumers are turning video games into this.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vinylshadow
Mar 20, 2017

The Hermit Vans were stupidly clever and it's a shame that you can see them in VATS before they wake up, because that sorta ruins the fun