Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO
Please, refrain from Laying Into the vault boy. The pip boy will get jealous.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Clark Nova
Jul 18, 2004

The magic of the nylon bag fiasco is Bethesda somehow making butthurt babby gamers who overpaid $200 for garbage look like aggrieved victims who are completely justified and in the right

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY

Rinkles posted:

Crap, for whatever reason it didn't occur to me you could scrap PA for plans.

I have yet to get a mod from scrapping, but I haven't seen any evidence it is or isn't possible. Every other weapon or armor works like that.

Edit: It seems like mods for weapons and armor are based on the amount of certain weapons or armor you scrap. I wish there was an actual bar or way to track how close you were to the next mod.

Oriental Hugs
Jun 15, 2001

Nothin' about hugs, though
I enjoy this game. And I think the people who are all in beths face about bugs and stuff are just super nit picky.

socialsecurity
Aug 30, 2003

rickiep00h posted:

I don’t care about ripping into legit ridiculous things like the bugs or the nylon bag fiasco or whatever. Legit criticism. The game is at BEST half-finished and it absolutely should not have shipped in the state it’s in. I don’t know to what extent it will actually be fixed given both Bethesda and the industry’s failing to fix their poo poo historically but also of late.

Laying into people that enjoy playing the game and being personally offended that people could like things you don’t is just petty. I don’t care about “This game is broken,” but “You’re a broken piece of poo poo shill for enjoying this game” is entirely out of line. In my opinion. And it’s not an exaggeration, either. Nearly anyone that comes in here and enjoys the game gets poo poo on for wanting to discuss the content of a Fallout game in the Fallout thread.

I honestly have seen very little people posting about the game getting attacked.

Waffle House
Oct 27, 2004

You follow the path
fitting into an infinite pattern.

Yours to manipulate, to destroy and rebuild.

Now, in the quantum moment
before the closure
when all become one.

One moment left.
One point of space and time.

I know who you are.

You are Destiny.

Remember in Assassin's Creed: Black Flag when sometimes your ship would just sink into the ocean and leave a giant hole in the zone

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

At this point, Mudman abruptly ends the conversation. He usually insists on the last word.

MariusLecter posted:

Please, refrain from Laying Into the vault boy. The pip boy will get jealous.

I am still super annoyed that vault boy is not pip boy

rickiep00h
Aug 16, 2010

BATDANCE

socialsecurity posted:

I honestly have seen very little people posting about the game getting attacked.

It’s gotten so bad that we’ve already had mod notes about it (and it continues to happen), but okay.

socialsecurity
Aug 30, 2003

rickiep00h posted:

It’s gotten so bad that we’ve already had mod notes about it (and it continues to happen), but okay.

You have a quote or two?

Agent355
Jul 26, 2011

It rarely happens, people are just getting their personality tied up into the media they consume again and confusing 'attacking lovely game practice' as personal attacks.

sharknado slashfic
Jun 24, 2011

rickiep00h posted:

Don’t take other people enjoying it personally?

For the amount of people complaining about investment in video game franchises as an identity there’s an awful lot of ironic vitriol in here that goes way beyond simple schadenfreude and I’m honestly starting to wonder who the actual “broke brained” people are. Meeting “I’m kind of enjoying the game for what it was advertised as except for the bugs” with gently caress YOU YOU’RE WRONG is some goony goon poo poo and maybe y’all should just go back to horse collecting in RDR2 or stroking a nostalgia boner playing Fallout 2 or whatever it is you’d actually rather be doing.

We get it. You’re mad about a franchise that apparently jumped the shark over a decade ago. You can move on. It’s okay. There’s life outside games you don’t like, and building a personality around bitching about things other people do for no reason other than bitching is pretty tiring. Find something else to do, you hate it so much.

:hmmyes:

GhostDog
Jul 30, 2003

Always see everything.

Mel Mudkiper posted:

I am still super annoyed that vault boy is not pip boy

He can be. In your heart. And don't let anyone tell you otherwise deary.

sharknado slashfic
Jun 24, 2011

How can pip boy be both the arm computer thing and a cartoon man, this is madness

BillyC
Feb 19, 2013

everythin' under heaven is in utter chaos, cloud

Bread Liar
Let go of your questions and simply believe in the pip boy.

Comfy Fleece Sweater
Apr 2, 2013

You see, but you do not observe.

Stop the harassment!

El Pollo Blanco
Jun 12, 2013

by sebmojo

Chomp8645 posted:

Threads for bad games are fun.

Fallout 76 gets the honor of joining No Man's Sky, Sea of Thieves, and Dragon Age 2 as one of the all time greatest Games threads.

This thread has nothing on the DA2 thread, we're never going to see something as wondrous as that again in our lifetimes.

Comfy Fleece Sweater
Apr 2, 2013

You see, but you do not observe.

El Pollo Blanco posted:

This thread has nothing on the DA2 thread, we're never going to see something as wondrous as that again in our lifetimes.

I missed that, what happened?

Paul Revere 3000
Dec 8, 2007

So like a pimp I'm pimpin'
I got a boat to eat shrimp in
Nothing wrong with my leg
I'm just B-boy limpin'

El Pollo Blanco posted:

I bet Fallout 76 doesn't even have an awesome button.

Bholder
Feb 26, 2013

infernal machines posted:

has anyone mentioned that bethesda's comments re: private servers seem to indicate that they'll just be hosted (likely subscription req.) private instances? this seems kinda important for anyone holding out hope that private servers and mods will salvage the game.

https://twitter.com/DCDeacon/status/1034123132284624896

Nah don't worry, the game is trashy and amateurish enough that pirate servers will pop up if people demand it

Raskolnikov
Nov 25, 2003

Comfy Fleece Sweater posted:

I missed that, what happened?

SOMETHING AWESOME HAPPENED

sharknado slashfic
Jun 24, 2011

I did a cursory google search for the dragon age 2 thread but it came back with a bunch of let's plays and inqusition crap

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth

Raskolnikov posted:

SOMETHING AWESOME HAPPENED

The Button-Awesome connection.

lol what a ride that was.

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth
Hawke slays the Ogre of poo poo Mountain and meets a sexy dragon grandma.

Raskolnikov
Nov 25, 2003

clicked on a thread and something awesome happened!

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

What I'm getting at is...
Do you feel the same way?
Personal Matters bugged? The scorched I'm supposed to kill (it has a waypoint above its head) is already dead when I enter.

mormonpartyboat
Jan 14, 2015

by Reene

rickiep00h posted:

I don’t care about “This game is broken,” but “You’re a broken piece of poo poo shill for enjoying this game” is entirely out of line. In my opinion. And it’s not an exaggeration, either. Nearly anyone that comes in here and enjoys the game gets poo poo on for wanting to discuss the content of a Fallout game in the Fallout thread.

im also tired of being told that i am "literally hitler, except worse" just for loving the pip boy

some of these haters just cant accept mirth

:fistbump:

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth
Pip Boy

Brazilianpeanutwar
Aug 27, 2015

Spent my walletfull, on a jpeg, desolate, will croberts make a whale of me yet?

boar guy posted:

no one is talking about the game, it's 300 people who dont own it trying to zanily one up each other with Bethesda hate

why the gently caress would anyone spend money on it? are you blind? it's a shite game of course we're not gonna play it,that would be weird.

KaiserSchnitzel
Feb 23, 2003

Hey baby I think we Havel lot in common

Rinkles posted:

Personal Matters bugged? The scorched I'm supposed to kill (it has a waypoint above its head) is already dead when I enter.

You have to server hop until you get to a server where that guy hasn't been just killed withion the last hour by somebody else on the server.

I'm serious.

J-Spot
May 7, 2002

Rinkles posted:

Yes, I just did that quest like 3 hours ago. You have to server hop until you find one where nobody has killed him recently.

KaiserSchnitzel
Feb 23, 2003

Hey baby I think we Havel lot in common
The BEST PART about that is that the door you have to go through is a loading screen door. There is NO NEED for that dude to be dead.

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

we monitor many frequencies. we listen always. came a voice, out of the babel of tongues, speaking to us. it played us a mighty dub.

Bholder posted:

Nah don't worry, the game is trashy and amateurish enough that pirate servers will pop up if people demand it

I guess it depends on how much of the game logic is server side, whether we'll see SimCity 4 esque patch this file and play solo, or WoW private server level jank

SardonicTyrant
Feb 26, 2016

BTICH IM A NEWT
熱くなれ夢みた明日を
必ずいつかつかまえる
走り出せ振り向くことなく
&

I'd like to reserve Fallout 76: It's all over, but the crying as thread title for when the game is cancelled.

Ariong
Jun 25, 2012

Get bashed, platonist!

boar guy posted:

it's just weird. like guys who dont watch wwe but still show up in the PSP threads to criticize booking decisions. you're still giving the thing you purport to think sucks attention.

Well, yeah. When a big company promises a finished product, charges full price for it, and then delivers something which is obviously not finished, that should get attention.

Here is a very important point: whether or not the game is finished/delivers what was promised/is a ripoff is a completely separate question from whether or not the game is enjoyable. If someone sees a debate about whether or not the game is a cash-in and responds with something like "well, I enjoy, it so there!" or "I guess I'm human scum because I've been enjoying it." then they are missing the point. You could enjoy the game while still acknowledging that it is not up to par, or you could dislike the game but also think it's not a ripoff. It's two separate questions.

I have yet to see anyone here personally attack anyone else for liking the game, or even say they are wrong for liking it. The closest I have seen is people being called dumb for buying it and being surprised at how broken it is.

Siljmonster
Dec 16, 2005

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
Bethinga

Slayerjerman
Nov 27, 2005

by sebmojo
I dont know HOW it happened.... but my f076 char got bugged with an infinite stamina while sprinting glitch i can sprint and my AP will drain as normal all the way down to about 5% and then it wont drain anymore and i can sprint forever
it also seems to remain between logins...best bug ever maybe esp since i have Speed Demon mutation that makes me move 20% faster

lol

Also; Re Enclave mutations - DO NOT BUY the serum if you are already mutated. I had 10 mutations stacked and wanted Healing Factor, so i coughed up the 3700 caps for the serum from the enclave vendor, made drat sure i had Starched Genes perk card removed and drank it.... In my effects, i see the effect of "negates harmful effects" for Healing Factor with the 1hr timer, but in my mutations list Healing Factor was not added. Yay, thanks for taking my hard earned caps..

TexMexFoodbaby
Sep 6, 2011

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Agent355 posted:

It rarely happens, people are just getting their personality tied up into the media they consume again and confusing 'attacking lovely game practice' as personal attacks.

People keep thinking that they are their loving khakis.

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

Okay, this has to be the bottom, it can't get any funnier.

https://imgur.com/gallery/yr6tyhd

rickiep00h
Aug 16, 2010

BATDANCE

Brazilianpeanutwar posted:

why the gently caress would anyone spend money on it? are you blind? it's a shite game of course we're not gonna play it,that would be weird.

But yeah nobody’s throwing personal attacks around.

Edit: and no, I’m not going to quote the last four days of “y’all are broke-brained idiots for even liking the gameplay.” It’s on basically every page since release.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ariong
Jun 25, 2012

Get bashed, platonist!

rickiep00h posted:

But yeah nobody’s throwing personal attacks around.

That post says literally nothing about people who enjoy the game, or people who bought the game. Again: saying that the game is poo poo is not a personal attack on people who enjoy it. Asking why anyone would buy the game is not a personal attack on people who bought it. Why is this so hard to understand?

quote:

Edit: and no, I’m not going to quote the last four days of “y’all are broke-brained idiots for even liking the gameplay.” It’s on basically every page since release.

Kinda weird how you can't manage to produce one then.