Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Postess with the Mostest
Apr 4, 2007

Arabian nights
'neath Arabian moons
A fool off his guard
could fall and fall hard
out there on the dunes

infernal machines posted:

Remember the food pyramid?

Email Subject: Carb-a-geddon is coming

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Juul-Whip
Mar 10, 2008

gently caress, Glavin sucks so bad. just go Tory already you cranky old fossil

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

:o:

THC posted:

great burgs, bad baby boomer-targeted branding

Two teens for ten dollars

xtal
Jan 9, 2011

by Fluffdaddy

Postess with the Mostest posted:

Ugh, I read almost all of this thinking it was about pasta

pokeyman
Nov 26, 2006

That elephant ate my entire platoon.

xtal posted:

Ugh, I read almost all of this thinking it was about pasta

seriously. try "carbon-geddon" maybe? boom nailed it

Arivia
Mar 17, 2011

doug's so fat he can't even kern properly

Mameluke
Aug 2, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
When can we kick the maritimes, the north, the prairies, and the city-state of vancouver out and return to our 1791 borders? Everything the British foisted on us since has just been a chain around our necks.

Ansar Santa
Jul 12, 2012

It's gonna own when the economy collapses from all the bubbles bursting at once and the chuds get to blame the carbon tax and then as a result we end up with conservative governments at every level of power and they privatize healthcare

Ansar Santa
Jul 12, 2012

Being in Alberta and watching politics has been a great lesson on how stupid and doomed this province is. Oil bottoms for the first time and the province enters recession, and that combined with everyone hating Prentice and the right vote being split means the NDP wins a majority in the 2015 election. The hogs immediately blame the NDP for the recession, and continue to do so even as the economy picks up. Then, just before the next election, oil bottoms again, which is naturally the NDP's fault. Now, Jason Kenney, the slime-filled orb who parachuted in from Ottawa promising to privatize healthcare, will almost certainly be the next premier. This province's fate will then be sealed.

The NDP, for their faults, were this province's slim hope to diversify the economy before the final oil crash. They were too little, too late. Now this idiot province is doomed to become Newfoundland but with oil instead of fish (and without the charm).

The majority of people will continue to blame the NDP forever, because correlation means causation and if only they hadn't gotten rid of the flat tax we would still be pumping that oil, and the last thoughts of many an unemployed rig pig as the fentanyl makes them forget to breathe will be of hatred for Notley. Nothing will ever be learned by anyone here, and the vast wasteland between Lloydminstyer and the Rocky mountains will be a testament to the stupidity and greed of mankind. Always bet on hellworld!

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Let's get drunk and kiss each other all night.
Newfoundland’s best export is their people, you got a couple Newfies around and you got a party goin :toot:

Albertans will just complain about taxation and the NEP even if they weren’t alive for it.

Ansar Santa
Jul 12, 2012

*Drives his $70,000 turbo-diesel pickup truck with $20,000 dollars of modifications to the grocery store and leaves it running outside*

I'm being taxed... TO DEATH!

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

A Russian troll farm posted:

Being in Alberta and watching politics has been a great lesson on how stupid and doomed this province is. Oil bottoms for the first time and the province enters recession, and that combined with everyone hating Prentice and the right vote being split means the NDP wins a majority in the 2015 election. The hogs immediately blame the NDP for the recession, and continue to do so even as the economy picks up. Then, just before the next election, oil bottoms again, which is naturally the NDP's fault. Now, Jason Kenney, the slime-filled orb who parachuted in from Ottawa promising to privatize healthcare, will almost certainly be the next premier. This province's fate will then be sealed.

The NDP, for their faults, were this province's slim hope to diversify the economy before the final oil crash. They were too little, too late. Now this idiot province is doomed to become Newfoundland but with oil instead of fish (and without the charm).

The majority of people will continue to blame the NDP forever, because correlation means causation and if only they hadn't gotten rid of the flat tax we would still be pumping that oil, and the last thoughts of many an unemployed rig pig as the fentanyl makes them forget to breathe will be of hatred for Notley. Nothing will ever be learned by anyone here, and the vast wasteland between Lloydminstyer and the Rocky mountains will be a testament to the stupidity and greed of mankind. Always bet on hellworld!

Notley forcing oil companies to cut production tomorrow is going to be such an amazing shitshow to watch.

Jan
Feb 27, 2008

The disruptive powers of excessive national fecundity may have played a greater part in bursting the bonds of convention than either the power of ideas or the errors of autocracy.

Pinterest Mom posted:

Notley forcing oil companies to cut production tomorrow is going to be such an amazing shitshow to watch.

Comments are a quantum superposition of :ughh: and :allears:.

"You are so full of it. You probably are retired or have a govt job and no kids. there is no other economy here."

Hmmm, sounds like a problem indeed, maybe they could try... Doing something else? :thunk:

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

real estate or blockchain IMO

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.

Mameluke posted:

When can we kick the maritimes, the north, the prairies, and the city-state of vancouver out and return to our 1791 borders? Everything the British foisted on us since has just been a chain around our necks.

Instead of an Independent Quebec, we get a Better Canada made up of Quebec, the Maritimes and the less lovely parts of Ontario.

CommonShore
Jun 6, 2014

A true renaissance man

Manitoba tried to leave but you didn't let us :colbert:

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

we monitor many frequencies. we listen always. came a voice, out of the babel of tongues, speaking to us. it played us a mighty dub.

Subjunctive posted:

Por que no los dos?

Bonus: Blockchain solutions being at least as environmentally harmful as the tarsands

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

we monitor many frequencies. we listen always. came a voice, out of the babel of tongues, speaking to us. it played us a mighty dub.

MonsieurChoc posted:

the less lovely parts of Ontario.

You would have to find them first

infernal machines has issued a correction as of 03:47 on Dec 2, 2018

Seat Safety Switch
May 27, 2008

MY RELIGION IS THE SMALL BLOCK V8 AND COMMANDMENTS ONE THROUGH TEN ARE NEVER LIFT.

Pillbug

Subjunctive posted:

The university comp sci dept here had a breakfast lecture for managers in the oil industry about artificial intelligence, the cloud, and virtual reality.

I am utterly shocked they still have the integrity not to turn it into a full-on blockchain grift.

what happened
Dec 2, 2018

by Nyc_Tattoo

Seat Safety Switch posted:

The university comp sci dept here had a breakfast lecture for managers in the oil industry about artificial intelligence, the cloud, and virtual reality.

I am utterly shocked they still have the integrity not to turn it into a full-on blockchain grift.

*ahem* smart contracts

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.

CommonShore posted:

Manitoba tried to leave but you didn't let us :colbert:

Louis Riel was right.

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011

Por que no los dos?

Bonus: Blockchain solutions being at least as environmentally harmful as the tarsands

get this:

blockchain real estate

instantly becomes a billion-dollar company with no business plan

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

Postess with the Mostest posted:

these guys do know that trudeau is on their side right

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

vyelkin posted:

blockchain real estate

I was pitched exactly this with a straight face about 18 months ago.

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

Subjunctive posted:

That's one of the recurring blockchain basics. I hope you laughed them out of the room just for being unoriginal as poo poo.

Guest2553
Aug 3, 2012

Subjunctive posted:

Well it has 'block' right in the name which is a sort of construction material so it's only logical. If you did anything other than 100% VC funding in exchange for 5% equity it was the wrong decision. Real estate, like buttcoins, only goes up.

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

That's one of the recurring blockchain basics. I hope you laughed them out of the room just for being unoriginal as poo poo.

yeah, I knew it was a thing many times over but it’s something special to watch the presentation unfold in front of you

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

https://twitter.com/AndrewScheer/status/1068943907830980608

Andrew Scheer: Construction workers may sexually harass women, but they also build buildings, so, it's impossible to say if the harassment is bad or not.

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

Subjunctive posted:

yeah, I knew it was a thing many times over but it’s something special to watch the presentation unfold in front of you

Did you get to ask questions like "what problem does this solve?" and "why would anyone run this rather than using the established land registry?" or "how does this scale assuming anyone actually used it?"

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

Did you get to ask questions like "what problem does this solve?" and "why would anyone run this rather than using the established land registry?" or "how does this scale assuming anyone actually used it?"

yes, and “who owns the real estate if you go out of business?” and “who is liable for infractions related to the property?” and “why would anyone trust you?”

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

I would give a lot for a transcript of that. I understand why you can't, but lordy, that'd be a good read.

It's an immutable ledger, so to the extent that it's wrong, it's wrong for good

Elephant Parade
Jan 20, 2018

political correctness is literally just a buzzword now lmao

xtal
Jan 9, 2011

by Fluffdaddy

Elephant Parade posted:

political correctness is literally just a buzzword now lmao

It never wasn't

Another Bill
Sep 27, 2018

Born on the bayou
died in a cave
bbq and posting
is all I crave

Insane in the blockchain
Insane in the chain!
Insane in the blockchain
Block's insane!
Got no chain!

Hand Knit
Oct 24, 2005

Beer Loses more than a game Sunday ...
We lost our Captain, our Teammate, our Friend Kelly Calabro...
Rest in Peace my friend you will be greatly missed..

xtal posted:

It never wasn't

Yeah but this is getting into that Stewart Lee joke about his grandmother confusing 'political correctness' for workplace standards.

Hand Knit
Oct 24, 2005

Beer Loses more than a game Sunday ...
We lost our Captain, our Teammate, our Friend Kelly Calabro...
Rest in Peace my friend you will be greatly missed..
Love too celebrate immigration

https://twitter.com/Pier21/status/1068531865764720645

James Baud
May 24, 2015

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
Now, in fairness, the war was over and this doubtlessly very high level decision-maker likely numbered among the tens of thousands of POWs who were captured/repatriated to Yugoslavia after the conclusion of hostilities, of whom, at least 70-80k were immediately slaughtered by the Yugoslav partisans. This, of course, followed their prior summary executions of another 50-200k people.

If I sent tens of thousands of people back to their home country when the war was "over" and they all were immediately killed by nasty Communists, I'd probably let in a few of those who somehow got out alive, too.

There generally aren't good guys in wars, just victors.

James Baud has issued a correction as of 11:50 on Dec 3, 2018

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

James Baud posted:

There generally aren't good guys in wars, just victors.

note: the victors are always the old men behind them laughing while holding fistfulls of cash

Stink Billyums
Jul 7, 2006

MAGNUM
https://twitter.com/CTVNews/status/1070047647568777216

Well I guess that's better than enemy of the people.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dreylad
Jun 19, 2001

Hand Knit posted:

Yeah but this is getting into that Stewart Lee joke about his grandmother confusing 'political correctness' for workplace standards.

One of his best bits, plus the whole Top Gear.