Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Fyrbrand
Dec 30, 2002

Grimey Drawer
My son caught 26 shinies in the three hour window today including 7 larvitars. :stare:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

slave to my cravings
Mar 1, 2007

Got my mind on doritos and doritos on my mind.
Paging dr Tran to the thread to make me feel bad about the number of shinies I got

Mustached Demon
Nov 12, 2016

slave to my cravings posted:

Paging dr Tran to the thread to make me feel bad about the number of shinies I got

Was Dr Tran the 'you hosed up friend lucky egg I'm defriending you' person?

Slightly Absurd
Mar 22, 2004

Pretty happy with my shiny haul today. 3 charmander, 2 pikachu, a bulbasaur, squirtle, dratini, mareep, larvitar, chikorita, cyndaquil, and eevee. Wish I had gotten a beldum, but I caught an assload of non-shinies, which is still nice.

FistEnergy
Nov 3, 2000

DAY CREW: WORKING HARD

Fun Shoe
We have until 11pm PST tomorrow to evolve for CD moves, right?

OgreNoah
Nov 18, 2003

FistEnergy posted:

We have until 11pm PST tomorrow to evolve for CD moves, right?

Correct!
The ones that really matter are Metagross (it's a 33% DPS boost over its next best move), Tyranitar (if you need rock type attacks), Charizard and Venusaur (it's their best attacks by 10%~, and they're useful). Dratini doesn't really benefit from having the Draco Meteor, it's good but pretty much on par with its other best dragon attack, and Cyndaquil and Meganium aren't very good even with their community day moves.

FistEnergy
Nov 3, 2000

DAY CREW: WORKING HARD

Fun Shoe
I'm going to spend my Dratini candy tomorrow because Draco Meteor is 95% as good as Outrage and I don't have many Charge TMs to get Dragon moves on regular evolutions. My 200 Rare Candy will be spent on maximizing my Metagross and Tyranitars.

edit yeah Charizard Venusaur too

Kly
Aug 8, 2003

Mustached Demon posted:

Was Dr Tran the 'you hosed up friend lucky egg I'm defriending you' person?

Yeah. He leaned into it pretty good though

Cowslips Warren
Oct 29, 2005

What use had they for tricks and cunning, living in the enemy's warren and paying his price?

Grimey Drawer
I wish we could make special gifts. Like, send candy to a friend, or an evolution item, or anything but an Expass, you know?

Crosspeice
Aug 9, 2013

Well I've got one shiny Larvitar so far, so, uh, that's cool I guess. At least I'm getting Larvitar and Beldum candy and getting closer to finally getting the gold Dragon badge. Still missing a couple shinies that never showed up during CD, but it's gonna be a big day tomorrow, probably.

Dr Tran
Dec 17, 2002

HE'S GOT A PH.D. IN
KICKING YOUR ASS!

slave to my cravings posted:

700+ Pokemon caught and 27 Shinies during the bonus period.

Came home with a bunch of empty egg slots so I'm ready for tomorrow's Adventure Sync rewards.

Mustached Demon
Nov 12, 2016

Got a shiny Pikachu. Just mareep and Bulbasaur shinies left!

Xinder
Apr 27, 2013

i want to be a prince
lol all my shinies have poo poo ivs

oh well

Mustached Demon
Nov 12, 2016

Xinder posted:

oh well

Who cares they're shiny and being fabulous is more important.

My Pikachu has 13cp and one of my beldums has 10. They're both awesome.

DizzyBum
Apr 16, 2007

I didn't get a single shiny :cry:

On the bright side, while trading my wife a boatload of Magikarp, one of the Charmanders she sent me turned Lucky! I just need some more candy so I can evolve it before tomorrow night.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

does anyone know how to make the friends list stop warping backwards when I send or receive a gift

Dr Tran
Dec 17, 2002

HE'S GOT A PH.D. IN
KICKING YOUR ASS!

IcePhoenix posted:

does anyone know how to make the friends list stop warping backwards when I send or receive a gift

That's a bug. Use the search button instead of scrolling.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Dr Tran posted:

That's a bug. Use the search button instead of scrolling.

I mean, I'm just scrolling down the list opening and sending gifts, not looking for someone specific

Dr Tran
Dec 17, 2002

HE'S GOT A PH.D. IN
KICKING YOUR ASS!

IcePhoenix posted:

I mean, I'm just scrolling down the list opening and sending gifts, not looking for someone specific

It's a bug. Probably a weedle.

bitprophet
Jul 22, 2004
Taco Defender
Any other iPhone users (mine's an SE) seeing a serious drop in battery life very recently? For the same amount of out n about usage & similar starting battery percentage as normal, I'm seeing WAY more battery drain all of a sudden (over the last few days, seemingly starting when PokeGo got updated).

It's possible it's my phone (though battery life indicator says it's healthy & battery usage always shows PokeGo as being, say, 60+% of all battery use) but that's why I'm asking – seems plausible the app grew a real shite performance bug instead.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Dr Tran posted:

It's a bug. Probably a weedle.

loving weedle :argh:

Pez
Feb 28, 2002

Thanks to CoX, my stairs will be protected forever!

Xinder posted:

oh well

My shiny Dratini is 0/1/4 and he's still going to be a big ugly Dragonite before this event is over

dwarf74
Sep 2, 2012

Buglord
I finished my community day shinies with a few mareep and a bulbasaur. Woot. The bulbasaur was lovely, but who cares. I got tons of candy for my six Meteor Mash metagross, too.

As for charmander, I am deciding between evolving...

Level 27 / 15 1 14
Level 20 / 12 14 13

Yeah I know the 2nd is way better IV overall, but the first has that 15 attack and is 14 advances higher, so will take less resources to get even useful. And I'm not exactly swimming in charmander candies. (I already have a decent 91% blast burn and a few decent shinies.)

JUST MAKING CHILI
Feb 14, 2008
I caught my first shiny Pikachu and that’s all so far this weekend. I did hatch a shiny Wynaut though!

Furnaceface
Oct 21, 2004

So because this game isnt exactly Canadian winter friendly I havnt been playing much lately, but I noticed going through my pokes that some of them have gold tags displayed with their catch dates now. Are those ones that become guaranteed lucky on trade?

Also loving finally I can make Honchkrow. :woop:

CROWS EVERYWHERE
Dec 17, 2012

CAW CAW CAW

Dinosaur Gum
I found a shiny Mareep and my phone decided it was way too loving hot and went into a reboot loop :negative: gently caress summer.

Comrade Koba
Jul 2, 2007

bitprophet posted:

Any other iPhone users (mine's an SE) seeing a serious drop in battery life very recently? For the same amount of out n about usage & similar starting battery percentage as normal, I'm seeing WAY more battery drain all of a sudden (over the last few days, seemingly starting when PokeGo got updated).

I also have an SE and I noticed the same thing. :smith:

~Coxy
Dec 9, 2003

R.I.P. Inter-OS Sass - b.2000AD d.2003AD

IcePhoenix posted:

If you have more than about 20 friends you're probably better off searching A,B,C in turn.

Fly with me
Aug 19, 2006

Single-handedly repopulating the Earth.

CROWS EVERYWHERE posted:

I found a shiny Mareep and my phone decided it was way too loving hot and went into a reboot loop :negative: gently caress summer.

Put your phone in a plastic bag, then use these to keep your phone cool during the summer months.
It worked well enough for me in the desert heat for Community Days.
Anything beyond that and I'm not sure.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

~Coxy posted:

If you have more than about 20 friends you're probably better off searching A,B,C in turn.

I have 70+ but since turning off the pokemon notifications scrolling through the list is much faster. It's just annoying that I have to.

BabyRyoga
May 21, 2001

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2021
Anyone in the Los Angeles area wanna do 100 trades of Beldums and Larvitars this afternoon to force a bunch of luckies? I've saved all my high level ones (around or higher than 30) with lovely IVs. Maybe Dratini and Charmander too? I need 6 workable Ttars and Metas by the end of the day, and I have 3 of each right now.

CROWS EVERYWHERE
Dec 17, 2012

CAW CAW CAW

Dinosaur Gum
Has anyone else been getting the "NO GPS!! (11)" error 90% of the day? Shockingly it did this last Community Day (Beldum iirc) for me and everyone I know in QLD :v:

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

Cowslips Warren posted:

I wish we could make special gifts. Like, send candy to a friend, or an evolution item, or anything but an Expass, you know?

I have just under half a million Star Dust. I'd gift that in exchange for Candies so fast…

Anaxite
Jan 16, 2009

What? What'd you say? Stop channeling? I didn't he-

Furnaceface posted:

So because this game isnt exactly Canadian winter friendly I havnt been playing much lately, but I noticed going through my pokes that some of them have gold tags displayed with their catch dates now. Are those ones that become guaranteed lucky on trade?

No, they just added a way to see which ones were caught before the current calendar year.

skooma512
Feb 8, 2012

You couldn't grok my race car, but you dug the roadside blur.
Had a blast catching tons of mons yesterday. I need to go grab some more bulbasaurs since I'm only 15 away from a Venusaur.

Silver Falcon
Dec 5, 2005

Two, three, four, five, six, seven, eight and barbecue your own drumsticks!

I completely blanked on the 3 hour window yesterday. Didn't realize the shiny chances would only be boosted during that time. :smith: Is there a similar window today, or am I just boned?

TheMaestroso
Nov 4, 2014

I must know your secrets.

Silver Falcon posted:

I completely blanked on the 3 hour window yesterday. Didn't realize the shiny chances would only be boosted during that time. :smith: Is there a similar window today, or am I just boned?

AirRaid posted:

Haven't seen this posted here yet, confirmation about Shiny rates over the weekend

Xinder
Apr 27, 2013

i want to be a prince
yeah not sure where this "only 3 hour shiny boost" rumor came from. i'm getting plenty of shinies outside of those 3 hours yesterday

Silver Falcon
Dec 5, 2005

Two, three, four, five, six, seven, eight and barbecue your own drumsticks!

Got it... So there is not a bonus period today but boosted shiny chance for the entire weekend. In that case I've just gotten unlucky because I haven't seen a single shiny. Oh well!

My goal is to get enough candy to evolve another Larvitar. I discovered I have one with all IVs maxed. He will go nicely with my shiny Lucky T-tar I got from my husband during Larvitar day!

I already evolved another Metagross, so now I have three Meteor Mash 'grosses, one shiny.

EDIT: oh wait nvm a shiny Eevee just popped up in my room, hahaha.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LumpyGumby
Feb 22, 2012

"Here's the world famous hockey player sitting in the penalty box for slashing..."
-Snoopy Brown
42g - 65a - 107pts
106gp - 317PIMS
Just caught another shiny Pikachu.

That's two shiny Pikachu's, a shiny Pichu sand a shiny Raichu I have.

Give me a shiny Eevee game, I don't care about having doubles of shinies.