Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

bushisms.txt
May 26, 2004

Scroll, then. There are other posts than these.

b_d posted:

snow crash used to be the punchline book. I only read it once like 15 years ago so I don’t know if it’s warranted, BUT the guys name is hiro protagonist and he motorcycles around in VR with two swords and gets a hot punk gf with a future skateboard

YT isn't his girlfriend, more protege. She hangs out with the bad guy most of the book. The book is very cheeky like that when pizza hut owns a neighborhood.

And it's more that rp1 is a collage of stephensons works. Even his masterbation section is just a rip off of a small plot arc in cryptonomicon.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

big deal
Sep 10, 2017

lol drat even the beloved masturbation sequence in rp1 is ripped off? is there truely nothing sacred

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

b_d posted:

lol drat even the beloved masturbation sequence in rp1 is ripped off? is there truely nothing sacred

Lol

bushisms.txt
May 26, 2004

You're joking but it says a lot about a guy who has to borrow someone else's ideas of sexuality for his own self insert.

Mak0rz
Aug 2, 2008

😎🐗🚬

Partner wanted to get Dragon Quest Builders in celebration of her first Real Job paycheque and now suddenly the game is insanely expensive and impossible to find for some fuckoff reason. Guess we'll get the digital version after all.

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

b_d posted:

Nintendo Switch: beloved masturbation sequence

Brother Entropy
Dec 27, 2009

Cartoon Man posted:

Nintendo Switch: beloved masturbation sequence

no more heroes isn't out yet

doingitwrong
Jul 27, 2013

Mak0rz posted:

Partner wanted to get Dragon Quest Builders in celebration of her first Real Job paycheque and now suddenly the game is insanely expensive and impossible to find for some fuckoff reason. Guess we'll get the digital version after all.

It’s so good. Congratulations to her on the job.

Mak0rz
Aug 2, 2008

😎🐗🚬

doingitwrong posted:

It’s so good. Congratulations to her on the job.

I just wish we could get the loving cart. She picked up the card at Best Buy like a week and a half ago and brought it to the counter to be told that they didn't have it in stock. They were about to set up getting it delivered to us but their POS system was being screwy and there was a huge lineup so she didn't bother.

Now the game is nowhere to be found and costs twice as much on loving Amazon.

Brother Entropy
Dec 27, 2009

Mak0rz posted:

I just wish we could get the loving cart. She picked up the card at Best Buy like a week and a half ago and brought it to the counter to be told that they didn't have it in stock. They were about to set up getting it delivered to us but their POS system was being screwy and there was a huge lineup so she didn't bother.

Now the game is nowhere to be found and costs twice as much on loving Amazon.

maybe a dumb question but did you try calling local gamestops and seeing if they had any used copies?

Mak0rz
Aug 2, 2008

😎🐗🚬

Brother Entropy posted:

maybe a dumb question but did you try calling local gamestops and seeing if they had any used copies?

The website map came up nil, used or otherwise, at any local EB stores (Canadian here) and I've been to our nearby used game shop and they don't have it there either. Oh well too late she already bought the download version anyway. Honestly I was expecting it to be a lot bigger than 800MB so I'm not too concerned about it anymore.

Edit: This probably works out better so I don't have to keep swapping it out for Smash starting next week, now that I think about it.

Mak0rz fucked around with this message at 00:34 on Dec 2, 2018

bushisms.txt
May 26, 2004

I don't know why this makes me want to play star allies more

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

bushisms.txt posted:

You should want to play it...just look at all of Kirby's friends

Gaffle
Aug 23, 2013

sWAg

With Friends
------

Your Computer
Oct 3, 2008

Grimey Drawer

bushisms.txt posted:

is this it? the most important button in a video game?

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

Gaffle posted:

With Friends
------

None of my friends can hang with the big boys in soul melter ex

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

bushisms.txt posted:

I’ve had this game since launch but haven’t played it. This image has put it directly below Smash for my backlog.

MUSCULAR BEAVER
Dec 26, 2014

HENDO! HENDO!
I don’t think I’ve ever had my switch warm up and the fan start whirring loudly until I played some random tile set in Diablo. Also it makes my switch’s battery cry. But handheld mode will probably get a rest when the summer of Smash starts

codenameFANGIO
May 4, 2012

What are you even booing here?

bushisms.txt posted:

if this feature isn’t a permanent Kirby game fixture from now on I will be PISSED

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!
Sort of related to Firewatch: this is a non-Switch recommendation but if you like waking sims like Firewatch or Gone Home, play Tacoma. I can't recommend Tacoma enough, it's awesome. And it nails the ending which is something I felt Firewatch stumbled on hard

LethalGeek
Nov 4, 2009

Mak0rz posted:

The website map came up nil, used or otherwise, at any local EB stores (Canadian here) and I've been to our nearby used game shop and they don't have it there either. Oh well too late she already bought the download version anyway. Honestly I was expecting it to be a lot bigger than 800MB so I'm not too concerned about it anymore.

Edit: This probably works out better so I don't have to keep swapping it out for Smash starting next week, now that I think about it.

And this point the cost of not selling it later and going digital is worth it in time.

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

bushisms.txt posted:

It was hard not to post this but I guess I don't have to hold off now

It's a really good swap because it's not just a skin, its a different model entirely. The hands are more cone shaped so when it holds stuff it looks kinda goofy and the feet are a bit longer. It also replaces all menu art with Kirb so all the powers on the menus are replaced and the home screen is changed as well. Even the multiplayer kirby's are replaced with Kirb. It's great.

Nonviolent J
Jul 20, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
Soiled Meat
Invest in a screen protector, my switch was on the floor and my phone fell off my bedside table and landed on it and cracked the protector

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Your Computer posted:

Only because the girl gamer button turned out to be vaporware

Mak0rz
Aug 2, 2008

😎🐗🚬

Your Computer posted:

That title belongs to Ōkami's bark button. Sorry.

Heath
Apr 30, 2008

🍂🎃🏞️💦

Mak0rz posted:

The hug button in A Boy and His Blob. :colbert:

Where's that port?

Jet Jaguar
Feb 12, 2006

Don't touch my bags if you please, Mr Customs Man.

Mak0rz posted:

The dedicated honking button in Untitled Goose Game may give that one a run for its money.

Mak0rz
Aug 2, 2008

😎🐗🚬

Heath posted:

The hug button in A Boy and His Blob. :colbert:

Oh yeah that's a good one too. There's a few good buttons out there!

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

bushisms.txt posted:

Does the American version have angry eyebrows?

Wayne Knight
May 11, 2006

If only botw let you pet the dogs.

flavor.flv
Apr 18, 2008

I got a letter from the government the other day
opened it, read it
it said they was bitches

bushisms.txt
May 26, 2004

Metal Gear Beard

What game is that?

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

Neddy Seagoon posted:

Does the American version have angry eyebrows?

Brother Entropy
Dec 27, 2009

bushisms.txt posted:

Metal Gear Beard

What game is that?

opening to shadow of mordor

flavor.flv
Apr 18, 2008

I got a letter from the government the other day
opened it, read it
it said they was bitches

That's the tutorial for stealth. You sneak up behind your wife and give her a surprise smooch, it's adorable.

It should go without saying that she doesn't live past the first five minutes of the game

Bottom Liner
Feb 15, 2006

a specific vein of lasagna

bushisms.txt posted:

What game is that?

Supreme Court Simulator

Poopy Palpy
Jun 10, 2000

Im da fwiggin Poopy Palpy XD

RandomFerret posted:

That's the tutorial for stealth. You sneak up behind your wife and give her a surprise smooch, it's adorable.

It should go without saying that she doesn't live past the first five minutes of the game

Ok but how did they screw their tutorial up so bad that it's showing an empty square replacement character instead of the letter of the button you're supposed to press?

Bombadilillo
Feb 28, 2009

The dock really fucks a case or nerfing it.

Bottom Liner posted:

Supreme Court Simulator

Theres enough anime rape game chat itt, thanks.

Imagined
Feb 2, 2007
The quack button from Duck Game (which also needs a port) would like a word.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Viewtiful Jew
Apr 21, 2007
Mench'n-a-go-go-baby!

Evil Eagle posted:

You should want to play it...just look at all of Kirby's friends

Do any of the DLC friends share moves from the winners of the Copy Abiliy Poll they held last year for that 3DS spin-off hardly anyone played?

First time everyone picked Mirror, then they held the poll again and HAL was forced by the internet to add an ability list to SLEEP. You could finally use sleep offensively.