Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

QuarkJets
Sep 8, 2008

Anne Whateley posted:

Then why do you think he doesn't get turned on by her unless she tries hard?

Cause she's insecure and seems kind of mean, whereas the girl in the advertisement seems nice

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Literal Nazi Furry
Jan 27, 2008

Swastika - Helvetica - Ikea
Last night I dreamt of Adolf searching for Anne.
I lay on my back
standing alone in the corner watching the girls dance.

I'm on crystal meth.
I piss in my pants.

LadyPictureShow posted:

My (35F) husband (35M) has been doing really weird stuff lately and it has me worried

I don't even know.
i think this is a good part to not cut out

quote:

He tells me that since I have no income as a stay at home mom that I have no say how he spends his money and last time I brought it up to him he threatened to take my own $250 away that I use for the services that I actually feel I need.

Could he be cheating? Going mentally insane? Or using at as an excuse to perv on these poor women that have to deal with his disgusting man body.

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

The only just $300 a month at the salon is my abortion

Did I get that saying right

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!

datajugend posted:

he does but she is very insecure.

or very fat

this is murica

A Wizard of Goatse
Dec 14, 2014

tfw your beard winds up being a crossdresser

Drunk Nerds
Jan 25, 2011

Just close your eyes
Fun Shoe

Anne Whateley posted:

Then why do you think he doesn't get turned on by her unless she tries hard?

Because he's doing abstinence, which involves shutting down getting turned on by all media and people. It's not like I can be all "I'll not be turned on by sexy actresses, but be turned on by my girlfriend only and also ALL THE TIME"

You want a partner who is only turned on by you, then you gotsta bring the heat.

A rough allegory would be someone saying "he has an alcohol problem so is trying to swear off all other alcohol... so why does he have qualms with quaffing my home brewed beer?"

Drunk Nerds fucked around with this message at 07:13 on Dec 2, 2018

therobit
Aug 19, 2008

I've been tryin' to speak with you for a long time
The salon dude probably about to come out as gay or transgender. No straight man gets lash extensions.

He seems like a controlling dick, but his wife needs to take the beam out of her own eye before trying to take the mote out of her husband's when it comes to salon expenditures.

Drunk Nerds
Jan 25, 2011

Just close your eyes
Fun Shoe

therobit posted:

No straight man gets lash extensions.

I've been trying, just as a thought exercise, to come up with a bi/straight friend of mine who has ever got lash extensions. I can't.

Can someone come up with a reason? Like it's okay to be married and bi, but when you're married and bi AND wasting money on lash extensions... that just doesn't fit any of the sexuality puzzles I've encountered.

A Wizard of Goatse
Dec 14, 2014

Drunk Nerds posted:

I've been trying, just as a thought exercise, to come up with a bi/straight friend of mine who has ever got lash extensions. I can't.

Can someone come up with a reason? Like it's okay to be married and bi, but when you're married and bi AND wasting money on lash extensions... that just doesn't fit any of the sexuality puzzles I've encountered.

honestly, how many gay dudes get lash extensions? there's plenty of straight transvestites, but this hypothetically real OP with her pseudo-woke church lady routine is definitively not into men.

A Wizard of Goatse fucked around with this message at 07:23 on Dec 2, 2018

therobit
Aug 19, 2008

A Wizard of Goatse posted:

honestly, how many gay dudes get lash extensions? Dude sounds more like a nascent drag queen, and there's plenty of straight transvestites, but the OP is definitively not into men.

I want to see a drag queen do a psuedo woke church lady routine. And I mean a real queen not just a straight dude dressed up like a woman.

LadyPictureShow
Nov 18, 2005

Success!

Drunk Nerds posted:

All I can come up with is husband going to an extreme to make a point of 'oh, you don't like when I spend hundreds on beauty treatments? Well now you know how I feel!' :argh:

Then again:

quote:

I’m willing to perform most of his services including waxing at home so I don’t see why he needs to go out for it?

As for myself, society judges women heavily based on looks and I don’t trust myself to do as good enough of a job as a need to. Especially on my feet, which I can’t effectively reach anymore due to getting older and putting on weight from having children.

I could probably reduce spending in my end though but would still probably need like $150/mo.

Drunk Nerds
Jan 25, 2011

Just close your eyes
Fun Shoe

honestly, how many gay dudes get lash extensions?

Yeah, that's a decent point. Lash extensions are just odd, independent of sexuality, unless there's a performance angle. At least from the gay/bi/straight dudes I've known in entertainment/news industries... which is a few dozen

Drunk Nerds
Jan 25, 2011

Just close your eyes
Fun Shoe

LadyPictureShow posted:

All I can come up with is husband going to an extreme to make a point of 'oh, you don't like when I spend hundreds on beauty treatments? Well now you know how I feel!' :argh:

Then again:

Yeah, now I'm leaning towards "oh you need to spend $150 a month? I'll show you how ridiculous you are"

It's kinda forming a comfortable narrative, <husband adopts ridiculous personal care regimen to mirror wive's regimen... wife unironically complains about the ridiculous expenditure her husband is making>

A Wizard of Goatse
Dec 14, 2014

LadyPictureShow posted:

Then again:

oh gently caress now I really want this to be 100% just this dude going to insane extremes to own his fat old housewife spouse for blowing too much of his paycheck on pedicures

therobit
Aug 19, 2008

Drunk Nerds posted:

It occurred to me that perhaps a stage actor might wear them, but we never did when I was doing drama in high school and a cursory Google search did not reveal anything. I'm not totally sober so it's possible I am missing something, but I kind of think they would look wrong vs the normal eyeliner tbh.

Drunk Nerds
Jan 25, 2011

Just close your eyes
Fun Shoe

oh gently caress now I really want this to be 100% just this dude going to insane extremes to own his fat old housewife spouse for blowing too much of his paycheck on pedicures

yup, add me to team honeypot

Drunk Nerds
Jan 25, 2011

Just close your eyes
Fun Shoe

therobit posted:

It occurred to me that perhaps a stage actor might wear them, but we never did when I was doing drama in high school and a cursory Google search did not reveal anything. I'm not totally sober so it's possible I am missing something, but I kind of think they would look wrong vs the normal eyeliner tbh.

I know a bunch of male newscasters who do that sort of grooming. I asked a few of them, and they all said, "falsies are like a one-time $250 thing, this is a front"

Drunk Nerds
Jan 25, 2011

Just close your eyes
Fun Shoe
On that note, i'd lie to thank this thread for reconnecting me with a lot of my grad school tv production friends through asking "are your eyelashes fake and if so how much does that cost?"

therobit
Aug 19, 2008

LadyPictureShow posted:

Then again:

Lol sounds like she needs to go to the gym instead of the salon god drat. I am fat and need to also, but I am still able to reach my feet. How fat do you reckon you have to get before you have to pay someone to take care of your feet? 350? 400?

Anne Whateley
Feb 11, 2007
:unsmith: i like nice words
Lash extensions definitely aren't a one-time thing, they're like once a month. If you're extra you can go in between for touch-ups

fart store
Jul 6, 2018

probably nobody knows
im the fattest man
maybe nobody even
people have told me
and its not me saying this
my gut
my ass
its huge
my whole body
and i have been told
did you know this
not many know this
im gonna let you in on this
some say
[inhale loudly]
im the hugest one.
many people dont know that

therobit posted:

I want to see a drag queen do a psuedo woke church lady routine. And I mean a real queen not just a straight dude dressed up like a woman.

Sir we have other customers in line

Drunk Nerds
Jan 25, 2011

Just close your eyes
Fun Shoe

Anne Whateley posted:

Lash extensions definitely aren't a one-time thing, they're like once a month. If you're extra you can go in between for touch-ups

Exactly! And my friends who are newscasters don't even care about just skimping on falsies. There is definitely a "I need to spend money to prove a point" thing going on here.

Edit: Now I'm asking my female newscaster friends about eyelash extensions vs. just using falsies. For a baseline and because this sort of thing fascinates me (the amount of weird stuff people have to do to be on camera)

Drunk Nerds fucked around with this message at 07:43 on Dec 2, 2018

Beachcomber
May 21, 2007

Another day in paradise.

Slippery Tilde

Sacrifice his lame rear end in the woods.

Anne Whateley
Feb 11, 2007
:unsmith: i like nice words
Fwiw I know a good handful of female higher-ups -- not on camera at all, just six-figure professionals -- who do lash extensions. The point is it's a once-a-month thing and then you don't need to spend time on mascara every morning. If I had the kind of money where it was nbd, I would prob do it too (although not as fast as I would do microblading, I would do that immediately)

therobit
Aug 19, 2008

Divorce this man because he will make your life miserable regardless of whether or not he agrees to allow your children their curiosity about grandpa's religious practices.

LadyPictureShow
Nov 18, 2005

Success!

therobit posted:

Lol sounds like she needs to go to the gym instead of the salon god drat. I am fat and need to also, but I am still able to reach my feet. How fat do you reckon you have to get before you have to pay someone to take care of your feet? 350? 400?

Hey guys, get a load of Mr. Fantastic over here! Can reach their own feet. I've never heard such a jape!

:v:

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos
I can reach all around my own head, doesn't mean I could easily give myself a professional haircut.

Doc Hawkins
Jun 15, 2010

Dashing? But I'm not even moving!

Anne Whateley posted:

Fwiw I know a good handful of female higher-ups -- not on camera at all, just six-figure professionals -- who do lash extensions. The point is it's a once-a-month thing and then you don't need to spend time on mascara every morning.

This was my thought as well, it depends on her job.

As far as the dude...she should check her carbon monoxide detector(s).

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos

Doc Hawkins posted:

This was my thought as well, it depends on her job.

As far as the dude...she should check her carbon monoxide detector(s).

Don't forget bedbugs!

therobit
Aug 19, 2008

Absurd Alhazred posted:

I can reach all around my own head, doesn't mean I could easily give myself a professional haircut.

She actually said she can't reach her feet though, which is a different thing. A scary, scary thing.

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos

therobit posted:

She actually said she can't reach her feet though, which is a different thing. A scary, scary thing.

Like... at all? :stare:

LadyPictureShow
Nov 18, 2005

Success!

Yeop. The feet quote in particular:

quote:

Especially on my feet, which I can’t effectively reach anymore due to getting older and putting on weight from having children

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos

LadyPictureShow posted:

Yeop. The feet quote in particular:

:smith:

A Wizard of Goatse
Dec 14, 2014

being able to touch your toes really does make you of above average fitness in America. We are a rotund people.

A Wizard of Goatse fucked around with this message at 09:09 on Dec 2, 2018

Admiral Ray
May 17, 2014

Proud Musk and Dogecoin fanboy

Yeah but she also says this:

quote:

I thought you’re only supposed to get turned on and feel sexual towards your partner.

which taken with the quote you highlighted seems to indicate that she's mostly super insecure.

Fatkraken
Jun 23, 2005

Fun-time is over.
No one needs regular pedicures in order to not be judged by society.

Wear Shoes.

story be fake as shiiiiit, that can't-reach-feet comment is too on the nose, especially if her excuse is having kids like that automatically turns you into Jabba the Hutt, my 6'+ mum of 4 is like 135lbs soaking wet (yes I tell her to eat more)

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

Barudak posted:

Please do not marry King Haggard in a dress

yeah you want in there first

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

Anne Whateley posted:

Fwiw I know a good handful of female higher-ups -- not on camera at all, just six-figure professionals -- who do lash extensions. The point is it's a once-a-month thing and then you don't need to spend time on mascara every morning. If I had the kind of money where it was nbd, I would prob do it too (although not as fast as I would do microblading, I would do that immediately)

dammit why dont you have PMs i wanna ask you stuff

Khazar-khum
Oct 22, 2008

:minnie: Cat Army :minnie:
2nd Battalion

therobit posted:

If he had alopecia he might need it, but I think she'd mention that. Plus he grows hair elsewhere. Or if he had really sparse lashes, but there's medication for that. I think he just likes having strangers touch his privates.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

QuarkJets
Sep 8, 2008

Fatkraken posted:

story be fake as shiiiiit, that can't-reach-feet comment is too on the nose, especially if her excuse is having kids like that automatically turns you into Jabba the Hutt, my 6'+ mum of 4 is like 135lbs soaking wet (yes I tell her to eat more)

between popular media telling women that they're "eating for two" while pregnant and Americans naturally tending toward a sedentary fatty lifestyle as a form of stress relief, it's actually become very common for new parents (fathers included) to put on a bunch of weight

the average american is becoming more and more like jabba the hutt even when they're not a parent and parenthood definitely puts on some pounds