Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

Viewtiful Jew posted:

Do any of the DLC friends share moves from the winners of the Copy Abiliy Poll they held last year for that 3DS spin-off hardly anyone played?

First time everyone picked Mirror, then they held the poll again and HAL was forced by the internet to add an ability list to SLEEP. You could finally use sleep offensively.

Dark Meta Knight has some Mirror moves...idk what else was on the poll.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dugong
Mar 18, 2013

I don't know what to do,
I'm going to lose my mind

I can slide my joycons off my switch without pressing the release buttons with just a little bit of force. Is this a standard thing I haven’t realised until now or I have I broken both of my joycons’ lock mechanisms at the same time?

Weedle
May 31, 2006

Dugong posted:

I can slide my joycons off my switch without pressing the release buttons with just a little bit of force. Is this a standard thing I haven’t realised until now or I have I broken both of my joycons’ lock mechanisms at the same time?

That’s not supposed to happen, but the lock is just a little plastic nubbin so they’ve probably been worn down over time.

onesixtwo
Apr 27, 2014

Don't you realize that being nice just makes you get hurt?

Dugong posted:

Be sure to check for lint or anything stuck in them / the console where it locks in.

LethalGeek
Nov 4, 2009

Hell I wore down one of the metal nubs in my cons I put in. It's too big an ask for such a little thing.

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

Viewtiful Jew posted:

Do any of the DLC friends share moves from the winners of the Copy Abiliy Poll they held last year for that 3DS spin-off hardly anyone played?

First time everyone picked Mirror, then they held the poll again and HAL was forced by the internet to add an ability list to SLEEP. You could finally use sleep offensively.

DMK has the Mirror move Kirby had in Robobot and can split himself in two if I recall but that's literally it.

Everything else is 100% original which leads to stuff like Magolor throwing Gem Apples and revealing that he's been selling bombs as a microtransaction item.

E: Shinya Kumazaki shared his thoughts on the final update of Star Allies.
http://www.siliconera.com/2018/11/30/hal-labs-share-message-in-commemoration-of-kirby-star-allies-final-update/

ThisIsACoolGuy fucked around with this message at 07:39 on Dec 2, 2018

Catgirl Al Capone
Dec 15, 2007

How's Marenian Tavern Story? Seems very Atelier-inspired down to the branding.

Toebone
Jul 1, 2002

Start remembering what you hear.

Poopy Palpy posted:

Ok but how did they screw their tutorial up so bad that it's showing an empty square replacement character instead of the letter of the button you're supposed to press?

Can't tell if you're joking, but that's the square PlayStation button

Achmed Jones
Oct 16, 2004

Mak0rz posted:

That title belongs to Ōkami's bark button. Sorry.

Jeeze it was just on sale and I didn’t go for it, and NOW I find this out?

What a terrible mistake I’ve made D:

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018
Women are wonderful animals, they should be making music and writing novels about having a complex relationship with your mother.
https://twitter.com/Cyberbunbun/status/1068927898655047680

Instruction Manuel
May 15, 2007

Yes, it is what it looks like!

would x2

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

:bisonyes:

Ineffiable
Feb 16, 2008

Some say that his politics are terrifying, and that he once punched a horse to the ground...

God drat this horny thread

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!
That tweet is bullshit.

She isn’t even wearing a crown.

Dizz
Feb 14, 2010

L :dva: L
I remember a game dev thirsting hard on Natalie Mars and some dipshit was like "She has a penis" and they replied "I DONT CARE" or some poo poo.

e: here it is

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

Tina Fey is bowsette Hideo Kojima :thunk:

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Dizz posted:

I remember a game dev thirsting hard on Natalie Mars and some dipshit was like "She has a penis" and they replied "I DONT CARE" or some poo poo.

lmao

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Kamiya owns

Weedle
May 31, 2006

Dizz posted:

Truly stunned that the transphobic comment is coming from someone with a MAGA hat on their av

Dizz
Feb 14, 2010

And yes, I refered to Kamiya as "a game dev" because i often forget names.

Brother Entropy
Dec 27, 2009

Weedle posted:

Truly stunned that the transphobic comment is coming from someone with a MAGA hat on their av

the actual stunning part is natalie mars also being a maga chud

Dizz
Feb 14, 2010

Brother Entropy posted:

Ironic if true.

DroneRiff
May 11, 2009

Brother Entropy posted:

Things I did not expect to learn in the Switch thread.txt

Though does remind me I need to pick up Bayo 1/2 and replay them, so I don't completely break my hands when 3 comes out (I'm so terrible at P* games, but I still love them)

Weedle
May 31, 2006

Brother Entropy posted:

*sighs so incredibly heavily my monitor disintegrates and blows away like sarah connor at the beginning of t2*

Dizz
Feb 14, 2010

I looked a bit and can't find anything to prove that, but this has nothing to do with the nintendo switch so im just gonna say that this friday im gonna get Kirby despite hearing that it's not that good in terms of content and difficulty.

Either Kirby or Diablo 3, but heavily leaning Kirby

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

Play Kirby first. Once you play Diablo 3 it’s a black hole from which there is no escape, only more loot.

Over There
Jun 28, 2013

by Azathoth

Dizz posted:

I looked a bit and can't find anything to prove that, but this has nothing to do with the nintendo switch so im just gonna say that this friday im gonna get Kirby despite hearing that it's not that good in terms of content and difficulty.

Either Kirby or Diablo 3, but heavily leaning Kirby

Why would you play anything other than smash

Dizz
Feb 14, 2010

Cartoon Man posted:

Play Kirby first. Once you play Diablo 3 it’s a black hole from which there is no escape, only more loot.

I've already played a fuckload on PC so I already know what most of it is, but some people said there was new stuff in it that made it better and I'm curious.

Over There posted:

Gotta prep my Kirby vs Dedede matchup while i can

Fayez Butts
Aug 24, 2006

Dizz posted:

I've already played a fuckload on PC so I already know what most of it is, but some people said there was new stuff in it that made it better and I'm curious.

Gotta prep my Kirby vs Dedede matchup while i can

If you've played any Diablo in the last couple years there's nothing new except for the interface.

edit: and the Necromancer if you haven't got that expansion

100YrsofAttitude
Apr 29, 2013

Though excited for Smash, I'm realizing that December is an awful busy month for an adult. I've got a person staying with us for a week starting the 14th, on the 8th we've been invited for a dinner, and then there's Christmas proper. Besides all the work I've got to do I won't be able to enjoy this game as much as I would like to initially.

Also Mario Tennis has really grown into a game worth playing. When I find a match online it's all sorts of fun and doubles is great too. I really need to make an effort to play with goons though, I've had just the some real pieces of works as partners. It's a nice ego-booster playing at D-level rank and seeing how I'm often capable at carrying a whole match regardless of the team mate but you can't get far in C without a proper partner.

Tender Bender
Sep 17, 2004

100YrsofAttitude posted:

Though excited for Smash, I'm realizing that December is an awful busy month for an adult. I've got a person staying with us for a week starting the 14th, on the 8th we've been invited for a dinner, and then there's Christmas proper. Besides all the work I've got to do I won't be able to enjoy this game as much as I would like to initially.

It's not the worst part, but one of the most jarring parts of adulthood is how christmas goes from this unspoiled age of playing all the video games endlessly with abandon, to a time when you basically can't play anything in between all the travel and social obligations.

Mak0rz
Aug 2, 2008

😎🐗🚬

Christmas sucks rear end now because growing up it was a huge deal for our family but now I live on the literal opposite side of the country so round-trip plane tickets back home during the holidays cost nearly a whole month's pay (:canada:) and I'm working perpetual temporary contracts and therefore never get vacation anyway.

I also have to worry about the logistics of sending gifts home. Everyone has just been getting gift cards for the past few years.

Basically what I'm trying to say is that I'm thankful for Smash's timing.

100YrsofAttitude
Apr 29, 2013

Tender Bender posted:

It's not the worst part, but one of the most jarring parts of adulthood is how christmas goes from this unspoiled age of playing all the video games endlessly with abandon, to a time when you basically can't play anything in between all the travel and social obligations.

To be fair I'm complaining cause this a game thread where we share our interest in this shared hobby, but I'm very happy to have been invited to dinner this weekend, that one of our closest friends is flying to spend time with us, and that I'll get time with my dear in-laws this holiday season. I have two weeks off in three weeks, so even work will wind down sooner than later. Things are fine. But yeah, no more gaming without a care in a world. If it were that simple I suppose we wouldn't appreciate the moments we could do that.

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Over There posted:

I'm not going to buy smash for solo play

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

🚣RowboatMan: ❄️Freezing time🕰️ is an old P.I. 🥧trick...

100YrsofAttitude posted:

If it were that simple I suppose we wouldn't appreciate the moments we could do that.

This is me. I put my sons to bed at 7pm every night and only after that do I have the time and opportunity to play anything. Same with my wife, but she usually watches TV. Until the Switch, unless I wanted to load up our fairly slow laptop to play something, I'd usually just play on my phone, because I'd feel weird taking away her tv time.

So now, I can play whatever on my own, or we can play something together. :toot:

Over There
Jun 28, 2013

by Azathoth

Andrast posted:

I'm not going to buy smash for solo play

wtf

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

you heard me

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

You've got 69 Classic Modes to play through and roughly 420 Adventure Mode battles, not for solo play my rear end

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo

Andrast posted:

you heard me
gently caress off dude.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

American McGay posted:

gently caress off dude.