Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: Captain Foo)
How do you feel about Archnemesis mods on rares?
Incredibly fun, I love them!
They're alright
Needs more work
Almost as much fun as shoving a red hot nail under my fingernail
Other (post below)
View Results

Otacon
Aug 13, 2002

Doing some clean-up so I can play a new character, and popped over into Standard to move some junk / delete a low-level name, and oh god I don't even want to look at this anymore

Note to self: Don't be a packrat this league. Don't be a packrat this league. Don't be a packrat this league!!!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cynic Jester
Apr 11, 2009

Let's put a simile on that face
A dazzling simile
Twinkling like the night sky

Otacon posted:

Note to self: Don't be a packrat this league. Don't be a packrat this league. Don't be a packrat this league!!!

And this is why I will never play standard.

BadMedic
Jul 22, 2007

I've never actually seen him heal anybody.
Pillbug

Otacon posted:

What I do is when I am finished my league I clean up my tabs. I can always fit the stuff I actually care about into just the unique tabs and a quad tab. That way I only come into standard with a few remove only tabs, instead of all of them.

Although that strategy makes me wish GGG put in a command that vendored an entire stash tab. Maybe only allow the command to be run in the last week if you are worried about 'balance'.

Papercut
Aug 24, 2005

Corsair Pool Boy posted:

Anyone have a good guide on the best/most efficient way to run maps? Right now I'm just turning them into magic items and running them (or running un-IDed maps if they drop) but I know there's more to it than that as you work up the tier list.

Super pro tip: unless you're going for the atlas completion bonus, just skip the boss.

Red Red Blue
Feb 11, 2007

Otacon posted:

Doing some clean-up so I can play a new character, and popped over into Standard to move some junk / delete a low-level name, and oh god I don't even want to look at this anymore

I delete characters once the league ends so that I never have to look at my standard stash

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

Red Red Blue posted:

I delete characters once the league ends so that I never have to look at my standard stash

baram.
Oct 23, 2007

smooth.

Red Red Blue posted:

Corsair Pool Boy
Dec 17, 2004
College Slice
cool thanks guys, that's roughly what I thought.

I did get a Divine Vessel last night, how common are those and when should I use them?

Zenithe
Feb 25, 2013

Ask not to whom the Anidavatar belongs; it belongs to thee.
If you have a use for them use it immediately. If not, sell or whatever.

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

Just another jackass on the Internet
They're cheap and use them for Pantheons you're using

Xeras
Oct 11, 2004

Only a few find the way, some don't recognize it when they do - some... don't ever want to.

Corsair Pool Boy posted:

cool thanks guys, that's roughly what I thought.

I did get a Divine Vessel last night, how common are those and when should I use them?

They aren’t very common but they are super cheap. Use/buy them on your preferred pantheon powers asap.

Flavahbeast
Jul 21, 2001

Otacon posted:

someone's gotta make those prismatic rings

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

https://twitter.com/pathofexile/status/1069315048743432192

lmao

theshim
May 1, 2012

You think you can defeat ME, Ephraimcopter?!?

You couldn't even beat Assassincopter!!!
just came to post that

heheh

boredsatellite
Dec 7, 2013

This is legit hilarious

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

Trollololololol

Zenithe
Feb 25, 2013

Ask not to whom the Anidavatar belongs; it belongs to thee.
Their joke halloween board had a headhunterhunter. I wonder how many other actual things they snuck in there.

boredsatellite
Dec 7, 2013

I mean that card will still be worth like an exalt so its still loving worth

Vasudus
May 30, 2003
I'm much more likely to get a HH this way, amusingly enough. I can farm up 50ex in a week or two, sure. But once I get past like 12ex it's going to burn a hole in my pocket and I'm going to question my actions. Having to get 64 of those .75ex cards? Yeah sure, I can do that.

Vasudus fucked around with this message at 21:37 on Dec 2, 2018

Maha
Dec 29, 2006
sapere aude

Corsair Pool Boy posted:

Anyone have a good guide on the best/most efficient way to run maps? Right now I'm just turning them into magic items and running them (or running un-IDed maps if they drop) but I know there's more to it than that as you work up the tier list.

There's this, but I don't know how up-to-date it is:
https://pastebin.com/7dtsb09N

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

Vasudus posted:

I'm much more likely to get a HH this way, amusingly enough

Having to farm 64 fairly rare cards gives a much smoother reward-curve than having to farm 8 ultra-rare cards, so personally I quite like it myself.

Im Ready for DEATH
Oct 5, 2016

Guys I'm at 22/24, could someone let me craft with a 4 sock resonator or one of the high level fossils :(

The amount of RNG this league is killing me

Tenkaris
Feb 10, 2006

I would really prefer if you would be quiet.

Im Ready for DEATH posted:

Guys I'm at 22/24, could someone let me craft with a 4 sock resonator or one of the high level fossils :(

The amount of RNG this league is killing me

I'm the goon that just gave you some money and items to pawn, get your back attachment! :)

Im Ready for DEATH
Oct 5, 2016

Tenkaris posted:

I'm the goon that just gave you some money and items to pawn, get your back attachment! :)

Thank you man. How much should I price the quill rain? The Dying flask was a perfect one so I set it at 3 exalts.

nerox
May 20, 2001

Thank you man. How much should I price the quill rain? The Dying flask was a perfect one so I set it at 3 exalts.

If it is fully perfect, that should be more around 7 exalts it looks like

Im Ready for DEATH
Oct 5, 2016

adjusted. thank you!

Arrhythmia
Jul 22, 2011
Good luck getting rid of it before the bill comes due.

Cyberdud
Sep 6, 2005

Space pedestrian
Can you add me to the guild?

IGN : ArazuOne

Going to try to get in there before everybody goes crazy friday

Holyshoot
May 6, 2010

frankenbeans posted:

I name my tabs by initial, So: C,M,E,D,F,Q1,Q2,U,S(ell),etc. I've got a shitton of tabs now, and I don't use most of them, so the arrow is rarely an issue.

my currency tab shows up as 69 by default so I clearly can never change it from that name again nor buy anymore tabs.

ZyrKx
Dec 10, 2006

Licorice Whip!

Papercut posted:

Super pro tip: unless you're going for the atlas completion bonus, just skip the boss.

do this then complain that sustaining red maps is impossible

Lightning Knight
Feb 24, 2012

Pray for Answer
So I got to try mapping yesterday and only white maps were dropping. Is it one of those things where you just play until better stuff drops because RNG? I was making them all blue before activating them.

Holyshoot
May 6, 2010

Otacon posted:

That's a :shobon: scroll bar. Welcome to my hell.

Duck and Cover posted:

I don't appreciate people asking for a guild spot so far ahead of a new league because it means when I finally bother their isn't any left. DuckandDischarge would like an invite.

don't you just get kicked at some point anyways when you go on your crazy tirades?

TheRat posted:

You say that as if the guild isn't currently full! I've asked sky to do a purge so hopefully they will all get in before launch. If not I have a backup guild ready if people want a place to talk to eachother while they wait.

i'm the goon who will be in both guilds so i can vendor everything

Papercut posted:

Super terrible tip: unless you're going for the atlas completion bonus, just skip the boss and you'll never sustain because 10 seconds to kill a boss is too much for a chance at +2 map drop

FTFY

Holyshoot
May 6, 2010

Lightning Knight posted:

So I got to try mapping yesterday and only white maps were dropping. Is it one of those things where you just play until better stuff drops because RNG? I was making them all blue before activating them.

whites are the most common, just use your currency to make them blue or yellow. Later on it's better to get them as white because chisels give 5% quality per white, 2% for blue and 1% for yellow.

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

Map drops are restricted by area level + monster level + Atlas bonus. If you're just starting out in Tier 1s, you'll only get Tier 1s from trash, Tier 2s from Magics (+1 to max level drop) and Tier 3 (+2 to max level drop) from Rares.

Tier 6 is yellow, Tier 11 is red

whypick1 fucked around with this message at 22:28 on Dec 2, 2018

Lightning Knight
Feb 24, 2012

Pray for Answer

Holyshoot posted:

whites are the most common, just use your currency to make them blue or yellow. Later on it's better to get them as white because chisels give 5% quality per white, 2% for blue and 1% for yellow.

And what about higher tier maps? Is it just a matter of going through?

^ I see. Thanks!

Duck and Cover
Apr 6, 2007

Holyshoot posted:

That's a :shobon: scroll bar. Welcome to my hell.

don't you just get kicked at some point anyways when you go on your crazy tirades?

i'm the goon who will be in both guilds so i can vendor everything

FTFY

Not for awhile I usually get bored first.

George
Nov 27, 2004

No love for your made-up things.

Lightning Knight posted:

And what about higher tier maps? Is it just a matter of going through?

^ I see. Thanks!

Until you unlock a map on the atlas (doesn't have to be bonus) it won't drop unless it's connected to the map you're running. So when you trigger a map drop of a given level it checks everything unlocked and/or adjacent and if it doesn't find one it tries again one level down.

Lightning Knight
Feb 24, 2012

Pray for Answer

George posted:

Until you unlock a map on the atlas (doesn't have to be bonus) it won't drop unless it's connected to the map you're running. So when you trigger a map drop of a given level it checks everything unlocked and/or adjacent and if it doesn't find one it tries again one level down.

I see. I’ll have to pay more attention when Betrayal starts.

George
Nov 27, 2004

No love for your made-up things.

Lightning Knight posted:

I see. I’ll have to pay more attention when Betrayal starts.

The short answer is to just map and unlock everything, but you're not going to jump way across the atlas unless it's to another T1.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tenkaris
Feb 10, 2006

I would really prefer if you would be quiet.

They're pretty easy to chance 6-linked from a white base you can get from Porcupine cards, so they're not worth the amount some 6L uniques are..

Looks like 2.8 ex or so? You don't need a ton of currency to get your challenges done so maybe price a bit lower like 2.5 to try and get it sold quicker?

And glad to help!