Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Joe the Strummer
Jun 14, 2012

I just realized that ben shapiro and charlie kirk are different people

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

Womp womp

https://mobile.twitter.com/KBOITV/status/1067972163037085696

quote:

But as of now, there are no plans to bring this legislation to a vote in the Senate right now and many Republican Senators made it clear it was also not on the top of their agendas.

"You know I’m really not conversing on that issue at this point," said Sen. Jim Risch, R-Idaho

If the Senate does not take the bill up by the end of this legislative session, it would have to be re-introduced in the next Congress with almost no shot to pass in the House, which will be controlled by Democrats.

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

Joe the Strummer posted:

one sounds like the biggest nerd on earth and the other got dolphin teeth.

i didn't notice ben wore his yarmulke everywhere until about a month ago. can't believe i missed that for so long.

CuddleCryptid
Jan 11, 2013

Things could be going better

Joe the Strummer posted:

Yeah, Kirk is the diaper protest dude and Ben sharpio is the "facts not feelings" reddit edgelord that doesn't do any actual research.

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

...We sholde spenden more time together. What sayest thou?
Nap Ghost

Your Taint posted:

I cant wait until she votes against something most of the thread wants and everyone turns on her.

Didn't she endorse Cuomo?

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

CuddleCryptid posted:

Yeah, Kirk is the diaper protest dude and Ben sharpio is the "facts not feelings" reddit edgelord that doesn't do any actual research.

it's so funny that ben shapiro might be the last person on earth who should have that as a catchphrase.

Mr. Fall Down Terror
Jan 24, 2018

by Fluffdaddy

Ague Proof posted:

I thought she quit because they weren't explicitly racist enough for her.

she wrote a big breakup letter about what a crap charlie kirk is

http://libertyhangout.org/2018/02/im-turning-point-usas-top-activist-in-the-country-im-quitting-this-lovely-organization/

Terror Sweat
Mar 15, 2009

Your Taint posted:

I cant wait until she votes against something most of the thread wants and everyone turns on her.

What? Why wouldn’t you turn on someone who votes against your interests. Of course everyone will turn on her

Zwabu
Aug 7, 2006

TPUSA is supposed to be geared towards the young hip campus conservative, is it not?

Does it actually have any appreciable following or attendance of its events by people who are actually young? Or is it just a grift money dump from Mercer/Koch types to Charlie Kirk for no apparent reason?

CuddleCryptid
Jan 11, 2013

Things could be going better

Zwabu posted:

TPUSA is supposed to be geared towards the young hip campus conservative, is it not?

Does it actually have any appreciable following or attendance of its events by people who are actually young? Or is it just a grift money dump from Mercer/Koch types to Charlie Kirk for no apparent reason?

Depends on the event, but they pretty consistently book venues that fill up to maybe 1/5th of capacity.

Bear in mind that they are often college lecture halls that they rent out so an 8am on English philosophy pulls more people than them lol

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.

Zwabu posted:

Not really, sure there are channer types but they are a minority. This is a big “ look how cool we are fellow young people type poo poo” with the young ones being dead eyed moron puppets. It’s a mix of a grift and the right being out of touch as usual.

Dapper_Swindler fucked around with this message at 20:27 on Dec 2, 2018

Rodenthar Drothman
May 14, 2013

I think I will continue
watching this twilight world
as long as time flows.
Wow, so does Ben Shapiro just hate that people who make things ... make things with the intent to give people a message? Like has been happening ... ever since people began making creative things?

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

ben shapiro had a meltdown about black panther quote tweeting people talking about liking the movie and saying "wakanda isn't real". (ben is a big game of thrones fan and tweets about it often.)

Rodenthar Drothman
May 14, 2013

I think I will continue
as long as time flows.
He just tweets at people who like black panther just ... telling them that the comic book story isn't real?

:psyduck:

Slow News Day
Jul 4, 2007

We should strap Ben Shapiro and Charlie Kirk on the next SpaceX rocket.

cochise
Sep 11, 2011

enraged_camel posted:

And pollute the solar system with even more of our garbage?

my bony fealty
Oct 1, 2008

Dumb fuckers can't even run https on their lovely website god

Rent-A-Cop
Oct 15, 2004

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

cochise posted:

Yeah, if we did that in 5,000 years some aliens would show up to very justifiably gently caress us up for launching Ben Shapiro and Charlie Kirk at them.

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

Rodenthar Drothman posted:

He just tweets at people who like black panther just ... telling them that the comic book story isn't real?

:psyduck:

ben shapiro said that climate change isn't a big deal because you can sell your house if sea levels rise.

Slow News Day
Jul 4, 2007

cochise posted:

If we strap them on to the first stage, the re-entry burn would take care of them.

Ogmius815
Aug 25, 2005
centrism is a hell of a drug

InsertPotPun posted:

One of the more odious circles of Dante's Inferno?

The eighth surely.

BigBallChunkyTime
Nov 25, 2011

Kyle Schwarber: World Series hero, Beefy Lad, better than you.

Illegal Hen

Terror Sweat posted:

What? Why wouldn’t you turn on someone who votes against your interests. Of course everyone will turn on her

Can you name any politican who has voted 100% the way you wanted them to during their term in office? And also said and did things 100% the way you wanted them to as well?

Kreeblah
May 17, 2004

INSERT QUACK TO CONTINUE

Taco Defender

Shifty Pony posted:

A very warming fact - the back taxes and fines owed to NY state from the tax frauds exposed by The NY Times would roughly equal the appraised value of Trump Tower.

Seize it under asset forfeiture laws and force them to prove they didn't commit any election crimes to get it back. Then take the rest of their poo poo for the back taxes.

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

Wow, so does Ben Shapiro just hate that people who make things ... make things with the intent to give people a message? Like has been happening ... ever since people began making creative things?

Of course not! Why, he's an author himself!

cochise
Sep 11, 2011

Groovelord Neato posted:

ben shapiro said that climate change isn't a big deal because you can sell your house if sea levels rise.

I will never not laugh at how dumb he is. Jesus Ben, take 2 seconds to think about how dumb that statement sounds.

SocketWrench
Jul 8, 2012

by Fritz the Horse

Why it's almost like they're in some sort of collusion with Russia or something. Why the gently caress do journalists still post poo poo like that as if it's some epic mystery of amazement that Russia is doing poo poo the Trump admin is trying to cover? Are they really this loving clueless or are they still strumming the decorum cord?

Rodenthar Drothman
May 14, 2013

I think I will continue
as long as time flows.

Groovelord Neato posted:

Yeah, I've had people say that before. Their point is that you should sell now and don't wait for the sea level to rise.
"If you think the sea levels will rise, just sell it now and get out while you can!"

They say it so smugly with a poo poo-eating grin on their face. "I owned this lib so hard."

Rodenthar Drothman fucked around with this message at 21:01 on Dec 2, 2018

Kale
May 14, 2010

Your Taint posted:

Its going to be pure whiplash in the unlikely scenario it does happen yeah. I mean hell people got pissed as all gently caress for a moment the one time she said she played a video game they didnt like so anything's possible. To date most of her tweets have just struck me as common sense more than anything

Kale fucked around with this message at 21:05 on Dec 2, 2018

Mantis42
Jul 26, 2010

Protect Comrade Shapiro, Lion of the Proletariat

https://twitter.com/benshapiro/status/694174637882671104

SocketWrench
Jul 8, 2012

by Fritz the Horse
^ Nah, he meant the poor people

Yeah, I've had people day that before. Their point is that you should sell now and don't wait for the sea level to rise.
"If you think the sea levels will rise, just sell it now and get out while you can!"

They say it so smugly with a poo poo-eating grin on their face. "I owned this lib so hard."

These are the same fucks that demand you love when their team's loving poo poo up or leave the country, then bitch like everything that happens when the other side is in power is the next country ending crisis and threaten to kick you out of the country

Ague Proof
Jun 5, 2014

they told me
I was everything

cochise posted:

I will never not laugh at how dumb he is. Jesus Ben, take 2 seconds to think about how dumb that statement sounds.

It's why he talks so fast.

Ham Cheeks
Nov 18, 2012

Feeling hammy

SocketWrench posted:

Why it's almost like they're in some sort of collusion with Russia or something. Why the gently caress do journalists still post poo poo like that as if it's some epic mystery of amazement that Russia is doing poo poo the Trump admin is trying to cover? Are they really this loving clueless or are they still strumming the decorum cord?

"We report, you decide" is the general idea, though CNN has kinda started dropping decorum after literal bombs were sent to them.

SocketWrench
Jul 8, 2012

by Fritz the Horse

Ague Proof posted:

It's why he talks so fast.

I brought this up with a Ben fan once. "Because the liberals keep trying to cut him off". Strange that I see the opposite in all his videos

It's like arguing with 9/11 truthers
"Well see the smoke the way it arches as the building collapses, clearly explosive"
Why would someone put explosives on the top floor. And if you watch the video the smoke cloud is drug down with the floor as it collapses
"Yeah, smoke, clearly and explosion, it couldn't be anything else"
The building was on fire, dumbass
"From the explosions!"

SocketWrench fucked around with this message at 21:08 on Dec 2, 2018

eke out
Feb 24, 2013

Mantis42 posted:

Protect Comrade Shapiro, Lion of the Proletariat

https://twitter.com/benshapiro/status/694174637882671104

reported for threats of violence

e: wow it's from 2016? not cool to allow this dangerous rhetoric on your site for so long, twitter

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

https://twitter.com/LydiaBurrell/status/1069159521464082432

Rodenthar Drothman
May 14, 2013

I think I will continue
as long as time flows.

Oh my god what the gently caress is this writing.
If this isn't from when he was in high school, I will die laughing.

CitizenKain
May 27, 2001

That was Gary Cooper, asshole.

Nap Ghost

enraged_camel posted:

On the outside? There might be something valuable on the inside they might ruin.

MSDOS KAPITAL
Jun 25, 2018

SocketWrench posted:

They're on the same side, SocketWrench. That's why. Their job is to confuse, disorient, and frustrate you. They're fascists, but they're not supposed to say it out load yet.

Kale
May 14, 2010

Is ben shapiro even speaking right now or are all these insecure white male superstar personalities talking later at this TPUSA thing?

I tried watching a couple Jordan Peterson videos one time to see what the deal was and honestly he took so goddamn long to get to the point of fbe question just babbling about stuff that seemed inconsequential i never finished either one. Ben Schapiro seems almost like a comedian or troll personality from what I've overheard of him from a guy at work that sometimes listens to his show. I wouldnt want to hear either speak at length to be honest.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ague Proof
Jun 5, 2014

they told me
I was everything
https://twitter.com/jmartNYT/status/1069282228969066498

I am even very careful around close friends having learned that the propensity to leak is stronger than the sex drive.