Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Looper
Mar 1, 2012

Dizz posted:

I looked a bit and can't find anything to prove that, but this has nothing to do with the nintendo switch so im just gonna say that this friday im gonna get Kirby despite hearing that it's not that good in terms of content and difficulty.

Either Kirby or Diablo 3, but heavily leaning Kirby

this was perhaps true of kirby on release but it definitely has content and difficulty now

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

I think I died and woke up in L.A.,
I don't know how I wound up in this place...

:canada:

Over There posted:

Why would you play anything other than Lumines

Fixed

CYBEReris posted:

How's Marenian Tavern Story? Seems very Atelier-inspired down to the branding.

It's made by Kemco, a cross between a photocopier and RPG Maker software.
They put all their games on mobile anyway, so you can probably get it there for half the price or less soon, if not right now.

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
I would still buy smash if it had no solo modes

but I'm going to play the gently caress out of the solo modes

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

But how does it taste? Yummy!
Dinosaur Gum

The Bloop posted:

:yeah:

Mak0rz
Aug 2, 2008

😎🐗🚬

The Bloop posted:

:emptyquote:

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Smash just does't seem worth it to me when I have nobody to play with IRL

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

Dinosaur Gum

Andrast posted:

Good news, they improved the hell out of the CPUs this time around.

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

jivjov posted:

This was something I never expected but it’s true and owns. Hopefully the online surprises us and it’s better than on Wii U.

Takoluka
Jun 26, 2009

Don't look at me!

Andrast posted:

Just play online with strangers!

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Takoluka posted:

That's not the same

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
Getting good enough with 80 characters to be able to fight off a team of LV9s seems like ample single player content if you enjoy smash bros enough

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

I think I died and woke up in L.A.,
I don't know how I wound up in this place...

:canada:

Takoluka posted:

This is actually a viable option in Warframe for alert/popup missions.

Mak0rz
Aug 2, 2008

😎🐗🚬

I've never smashed a brother since Brawl so I'm really looking forward to this. So many new characters since then, goddamn.

Still prob gonna main Peach/Daisy and Pokemon Trainer tho

bushisms.txt
May 26, 2004

Scroll, then. There are other posts than these.

I think it's just fighting games are fun when you know the opponent isn't reading your inputs. Not to mention most "pros" recommend not playing against the Smash ai above level 4 because the ai will teach you bad habits.

I'm also not getting smash for awhile.

Bombadilillo
Feb 28, 2009

The dock really fucks a case or nerfing it.

Im frankly overwhelmed with the amount on content smash has. Gonna play that mode where you cant play same character twice a bunch.

Bombadilillo fucked around with this message at 21:17 on Dec 2, 2018

Starsnostars
Jan 17, 2009

The Master of Magnetism
I have no idea what I'm going to do first in Smash, there's too much choice.

Rolo
Nov 16, 2005

Hmm, what have we here?

SeANMcBAY posted:

This was something I never expected but it’s true and owns. Hopefully the online surprises us and it’s better than on Wii U.

I’m optimistic considering the huge popularity of the Switch and Ultimate compared the the Wii U and a smash generation split between 2 systems. I feel they’d get a ton of flak if this newer version was piss poor online.

Other consideration: Nintendo might do it anyways and not care.

Bombadilillo
Feb 28, 2009

The dock really fucks a case or nerfing it.

At work last week I said. "7 days til smash. Gonna beat the poo poo out a my kids through christmas"

The guy I was talking to knew what I meant, but nobody else did

100YrsofAttitude
Apr 29, 2013

jivjov posted:

Really? I was only good, being one of the best among my group of friends, back in high school on Melee when I could 3 v 1 lvl 9's, but I've never been that since then. It's exciting to think if I were to invest enough time (I won't) I could actually enjoy fighting the AI.

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

:o:

jivjov posted:

Will the cpu 0-100 me with ice climbers and then gently caress my girlfriend

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Andrast posted:

Invite me over so i dont have to buy my own copy

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

Dinosaur Gum

Reality Winter posted:

Will the cpu 0-100 me with ice climbers and then gently caress my girlfriend

That requires the special Sybian peripheral, but yes

THE AWESOME GHOST
Oct 21, 2005

bushisms.txt posted:

I think it's just fighting games are fun when you know the opponent isn't reading your inputs. Not to mention most "pros" recommend not playing against the Smash ai above level 4 because the ai will teach you bad habits.

I agree up to smash 4 but have you seen CPU players in this one?

https://youtu.be/9juJJz73MhM

They pull stuff off that pros struggle to

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Real hurthling! posted:

Invite me over so i dont have to buy my own copy

Deal. I'll buy smash and you can come to Finland to play with me,

bushisms.txt
May 26, 2004

Scroll, then. There are other posts than these.

THE AWESOME GHOST posted:

They pull stuff off that pros struggle to
That's not what I mean. The cpu is reading your inputs, so it's doing poo poo no real person can or will do, like getting out of combos. What this does is teach you to do things you won't do against players, which can lead to mistakes.

Rolo
Nov 16, 2005

Hmm, what have we here?

Andrast posted:

Deal. I'll buy smash and you can come to Finland to play with me,

Finland, South Carolina?

Cactus
Jun 24, 2006

Cannot. Stop. Whistling. The smash bros refrain. I just can't not hum it. Even my seven year old son was like why are you singing that again. Why?

I never even played the original why do I even care? It's just a stupid fight game, right?

Barudak
May 7, 2007

bushisms.txt posted:

That's not what I mean. The cpu is reading your inputs, so it's doing poo poo no real person can or will do, like getting out of combos. What this does is teach you to do things you won't do against players, which can lead to mistakes.

Its also making arbitrary mistakes unlike a human ever would, so youre also unprepared for how people will actually responding to what youre tossing out. If you want to be good at fighting games you should never fight AI outside of training mode where you set things like "guard instantly when i drop combo" or "jump over and over"

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

What is thread consensus on Civilization on switch? Never played new one and a portable version sounds great.

Mak0rz
Aug 2, 2008

😎🐗🚬

Lol if you play smash properly instead of doing stupid poo poo like pokeball-only 99-stock sudden death battles or ganging up against a level 9 handicap 9 ganondorf as a team of three jigglypuffs

Brother Entropy
Dec 27, 2009

Mr Ice Cream Glove posted:

What is thread consensus on Civilization on switch? Never played new one and a portable version sounds great.

it's currently one expansion behind and unless something gets announced it's soon to be two expansions behind

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

SMASHING BROS HAPPENS THIS WEEK

No. 1 Callie Fan
Feb 17, 2011

This inkling is your FRIEND
She fights for LOVE
I'm not going to buy the Smash.

That's my PSA for today. Peace out!

big deal
Sep 10, 2017

“Don’t play against computers” is way overblown in every fighting game. yeah you’ll learn some bad habits if you 100% fight computers and then jump into a tournament or something, but that’s true if you’re playing one or two friends all the time too. who cares. you’ll learn a lot of general good stuff too.

Nep-Nep
May 15, 2004

Just one more thing!
I wasn't going to buy Smash because I wasn't impressed with the Wii U version's single player content but then that Direct that showed the single player content made it look great and now I am hype for my preload to unlock. Looking forward to walking off edges because I lost track of which character I was (this is a me problem, not a smash problem)

avoid doorways
Jun 6, 2010

'twas brillig
Gun Saliva

No. 1 Callie Fan posted:

I'm not going to buy the Smash.

:same:

Heath
Apr 30, 2008

🍂🎃🏞️💦
I'll buy Smash.

But not right away.

Imagined
Feb 2, 2007
I'm a hair's breadth from 40. At one point or another I've owned 90% of the consoles released in the USA since the Atari 2600, and I swear the Switch is absolutely my favorite console of all time, supplanting the Dreamcast. I want every game I've ever played on the Switch now. I want every console going forward in this portable/dockable format. It's not perfect, mostly because of Nintendo's bizarro corporate culture, but it's drat close.

I think the purchase of a 256gb SD card and the Black Friday eShop sales finally pushed me over the edge into this opinion. Sitting here playing Okami and Rogue Legacy, waiting for Smash and Katamari to come out. It's just great.

Caffeinated Jerkoff
Jul 13, 2014

bushisms.txt posted:

If you're not looking to get into the tournament scene for a fighting game, you probably shouldn't worry about what the pro players say. Imo this applies doubly to Smash, where you have to disable like 1/3 of the mechanics for tournament play

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mak0rz
Aug 2, 2008

😎🐗🚬

My friend is getting married on Saturday so I hope she realizes how much I value her friendship by spending all day at her wedding instead of day drinking and smashing some brothers.

Well the day drinking is still going to happen at least.