Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mak0rz
Aug 2, 2008

😎🐗🚬

I'm paying Bayonetta for the first time this game is bonkers what is even going on

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Lobster
Sep 3, 2011

Massive
Avian
Rear
Images

Mak0rz posted:

I'm paying Bayonetta for the first time this game is bonkers what is even going on

What are you paying her?

Imagined
Feb 2, 2007

The Lobster posted:

What are you paying her?

:wink:

Mak0rz
Aug 2, 2008

😎🐗🚬

Please! I'm a gentleman!

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!

Augus posted:

yes. he's chunky.

did somebody. say. CHUNKY

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VuOPC8Zxxcg

Rolo
Nov 16, 2005

Hmm, what have we here?

I knew it and I clicked it anyways.

Smash is gonna be really fun!

Looper
Mar 1, 2012

The Lobster posted:

Hey guys! I've been gone a long time, anyone remember me? How's the thr-

:yikes:

merry smashmas

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Waltzing Along posted:

Also, how man of those bones are idiots who went bone > s > x. Or some variation. I'm guessing a lot because those people just double down on their stupid system.

Uknown, but the Bone lifted the systems sales enough that the NPD saw fit to comment on its improvements so its probably still 3rd place in monthly sales but how third place is the question.

Also the X is a good rear end system, it just doesnt have any this generation exclusives.

Mr. Locke
Jul 28, 2010

Waltzing Along posted:

Also, how man of those bones are idiots who went bone > s > x. Or some variation. I'm guessing a lot because those people just double down on their stupid system.

Saving this for when the first hardware refresh for Switch comes out.

Nep-Nep
May 15, 2004

Just one more thing!

The Lobster posted:

What are you paying her?

It's not cheating if you pay to win!

The Lobster
Sep 3, 2011

Massive
Avian
Rear
Images

Barudak posted:

Uknown, but the Bone lifted the systems sales enough that the NPD saw fit to comment on its improvements so its probably still 3rd place in monthly sales but how third place is the question.

Also the X is a good rear end system, it just doesnt have any this generation exclusives.

I was just talking to my CALL prof (Computer Assisted Language Learning) and I was saying there's really no point in buying an X when you can just get a Windows 10 machine and get something that also does word processing, taxes, etc and gets all the games the X still gets and he's like, "Yeah, but to get the same graphics as the X you're looking at a much more expensive computer," which I feel is a fair point.

Edit: Also as an aside to this I had the opportunity to get a Windows 10 2-in-1 laptop for Cyber Monday and I opted for the Chromebook one instead because imo the last good Windows was Windows 7 and actually the Chromebook has worked out pretty great so far. Aside from said CALL prof calling it "not a real computer."

The Lobster fucked around with this message at 04:59 on Dec 3, 2018

Tender Bender
Sep 17, 2004

Smash is absolutely a fighting game, anyone who insists on calling it a "party fighter" or whatever doesn't need to have the distinction made in the first place.

flavor.flv
Apr 18, 2008

I got a letter from the government the other day
opened it, read it
it said they was bitches

If it belongs at evo, it's a fighting game

Smash is therefore not a fighting game

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009

they are going to announce the switch 2 at the game awards

MUSCULAR BEAVER
Dec 26, 2014

HENDO! HENDO!

Sakurai in 2013 posted:

I like to think of Smash as a four-player battle royal action game.

Cipher Pol 9
Oct 9, 2006

I like to think of Smash as wearing a tuxedo t-shirt. It's a fighting game, but it's here to party.

Leal
Oct 2, 2009

Cipher Pol 9 posted:

there's no way all of those are real. what the hell is a chunky kong

-google-

oh poo poo he's the big one.

He's one HELL OF A GUY

HUH!

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Eight players now :v:.

MUSCULAR BEAVER
Dec 26, 2014

HENDO! HENDO!

Neddy Seagoon posted:

Eight players now :v:.

DLC is a 100 player battle royale zombie mode with no items

Mia Wasikowska
Oct 7, 2006

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7dWsRlzdAMQ

flavor.flv
Apr 18, 2008

I got a letter from the government the other day
opened it, read it
it said they was bitches

Leal posted:

He's one HELL OF A GUY

HUH!

To this day I cannot believe they said a SWEAR in donkey kong 64

I had to skip past that every time because I knew if my mom heard it she would take the game away

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo

RandomFerret posted:

To this day I cannot believe they said a SWEAR in donkey kong 64

I had to skip past that every time because I knew if my mom heard it she would take the game away
They edited it HECK in either a later revision or the VC release.

Mak0rz
Aug 2, 2008

😎🐗🚬

American McGay posted:

The Melee version used "heck"

Gonkish
May 19, 2004

a.lo posted:

they are going to announce the switch 2 at the game awards

If they do this I will probably still buy it.

Dizz
Feb 14, 2010

L :dva: L

I mean he laughs at the notion of "switching to my secondary mario for the matchup" but Tekken 7 is getting a little stupid with it's guest characters.

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

Dizz posted:

I mean he laughs at the notion of "switching to my secondary mario for the matchup" but Tekken 7 is getting a little stupid with it's guest characters.

Put Walter White in Smash.

Ragequit
Jun 1, 2006

Lipstick Apathy
Do D3 console drop rates differ from PC? I am trying to get infernal machines keys from the key wardens at Torment VII. I have 8-10 machines of each act without a single key.

Maybe my bad luck is insane. If I am mistaken and keys don’t drop from the key wardens, how in the holy hell do I get some?

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

American McGay posted:

fricked up

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

Ragequit posted:

Do D3 console drop rates differ from PC? I am trying to get infernal machines keys from the key wardens at Torment VII. I have 8-10 machines of each act without a single key.

Maybe my bad luck is insane. If I am mistaken and keys don’t drop from the key wardens, how in the holy hell do I get some?
There are no keys anymore, you only need the machines to open the portals.

Your Computer
Oct 3, 2008

Grimey Drawer

he's the "sexual harassment is part of the fighting game culture" guy right

Dizz
Feb 14, 2010

L :dva: L
My Heihachi has a bad matchup against Bryans because I don't have a hopkick so I'm gonna switch to Noctis.

Night Blade
Feb 25, 2013

Your Computer posted:

he's the "sexual harassment is part of the fighting game culture" guy right

He's calmed down, apparently.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b9BhJJRENK4

THE AWESOME GHOST
Oct 21, 2005

Bruteman posted:

Ok, finished getting my seasonal six-piece set for my crusader in Diablo 3.

:looks at the other Switch games to play in my backlog:

:looks at the calendar:

Hmm, season doesn't end for another two weeks, I could probably do it for another character....

Oh god, this is how it starts, doesn't it? :ohdear:

You don't get the free set on a second character on the same account

BUT

Leveling a second character is insanely fast.You get all the same Paragon points shared and I think you can even assign them from level 1, you share the stash so you can give level 1 characters level 50 legendary gems and stuff. I played a Necro for like 30 hours and got a DH to the same point in... 8 hours? I had a friend powerlevel me to 70 though (you can equip a high level ruby in a leoric helm and get to 70 in 2-3 rifts). I got a set pretty quickly and used it for some time, and once you get that you can very rapidly farm up every other set.

I re-use a lot of the same gems so that effort wasn't wasted, some of my best starter equipment was from the necro, I was able to farm up materials for Hellfire Amulet and craft a great one right away on the DH. As the season gets close to ending I even started using my necro specific gems for augmenting lol (I think I'll try to finish the season journey with the DH)

The next season is buffing and changing so much I don't think I'll play the same classes at all too

RandomFerret posted:

If it belongs at evo, it's a fighting game

Smash is therefore not a fighting game

I forgot which year it was when Smash was literally the most popular game and the second most popular game at EVO at the same time

squirrelzipper
Nov 2, 2011

Bruteman posted:

Ok, finished getting my seasonal six-piece set for my crusader in Diablo 3.

:looks at the other Switch games to play in my backlog:

:looks at the calendar:

Hmm, season doesn't end for another two weeks, I could probably do it for another character....

Oh god, this is how it starts, doesn't it? :ohdear:

I’m on my crusader now. Yes, that is how it started. I liked the wizard I got firebird for best.

God I kind of want this game to go away lol.

The worst part is when you realize that of course only one character gets the free set, but then you get that drop and...

squirrelzipper fucked around with this message at 08:57 on Dec 3, 2018

SatansBestBuddy
Sep 26, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
yo when and why did the thread title change to that?

... okay that's fair

Mia Wasikowska
Oct 7, 2006

i don't know much about that guy i just like how he's like "yeah we used to talk poo poo but well they've got numbers." its very relatable

Mia Wasikowska
Oct 7, 2006

like, tell me you haven't been apart of a community where that happened before lol

THE AWESOME GHOST
Oct 21, 2005

Zas posted:

like, tell me you haven't been apart of a community where that happened before lol

Anyone still posting on SA In 2018 probably has some poo poo in their post history

Andrigaar
Dec 12, 2003
Saint of Killers
[Reaches into monitor attempting to strangle younger-self]

Since it was super-important and everyone weighed in: I went with Smash physical via Amazon.
I'm piggybacking off of a buddy's account for Prime shipping, but it turns out I still qualify for the $10 pre-order credit.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Frankston
Jul 27, 2010

My favourite Nintendo fighting game is Fighter's Destiny closely followed by Clayfighter 63 1/3rd.