Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

cmdrk
Jun 10, 2013
id really like to see some outdoorsy dungeons. where's crushbone?!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Freakazoid_
Jul 5, 2013

Buglord

Ehud posted:

If they show Black Rose Keep again then I’ll know this game is never coming out

oh well look at that, rip pantheon

Frog Act
Feb 10, 2012

did...did they just show the same poo poo but with a Druid this time? the same keep? i didn't get to watch. I hope not.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Frog Act posted:

did...did they just show the same poo poo but with a Druid this time? the same keep? i didn't get to watch. I hope not.

You are correct.

Orv
May 4, 2011
L a f f

Frog Act
Feb 10, 2012

I said come in! posted:

You are correct.

jfc that is unbelievably lazy, I wish I could say I find it hard to believe they've only managed to scrape together one single functional area in all these years but that is probably exactly the case. RIP

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

I’m glad they’ve spent over a year finely crafting what I must assume is the greatest dungeon in MMORPG history, Black Rose Keep

Frog Act
Feb 10, 2012

quote:

What do you actually expect from them? They are NOT going to show you every drat thing they have until it is actually READY. Until the load it into PA they will not show it. They are taking the game development nice and slow, as they should. Hell I am in testing of another game title that is up and coming. That game is in Beta and Pantheon is looking WAY farther along in development than this other un-named title. Both have been in development for about the same length of time.

I am GLAD that they are keeping a close guard on the game. I am GLAD they are not releasing every single thing as soon as it's in the concept stage. I am glad they are taking their time.

Because I feel they are doing it the right way like this. Slow and deliberate.

quote:

No, I'm grateful they show anything at all. I'm playing other games and doing other things while I wait for them to release a finished product.

Stop being impatient, it's the entire problem with the gaming industry as a whole. Developers get the hype train rolling, consumers blow it out of proportion and when the product is released different/changed than the initial vision due to certain constraints, people throw a fit.

Let them work on the game, let them continue to improve it and just be grateful they're continuing to be so open and showing us anything.

reddit liked it i guess

Frog Act fucked around with this message at 20:53 on Nov 30, 2018

LuckyCat
Jul 26, 2007

Grimey Drawer
I was actually avoiding posting much in this thread because I was optimistic but after seeing the same dungeon AGAIN consider me off the hype train. Brad, you always break my little EQ heart. :(

frajaq
Jan 30, 2009

#acolyte GM of 2014

Frog Act posted:

reddit liked it i guess

dunno which reddit you're reading lol

https://www.reddit.com/r/PantheonMMO/comments/a1sq67/is_anyone_else_extremely_disappointed_in_last/
https://www.reddit.com/r/PantheonMMO/comments/a1shaq/what_an_utterly_pointless_streamplease_do_better/
https://www.reddit.com/r/PantheonMMO/comments/a1sk7t/sarcoths_druid_gameplay_and_qa_stream_full_video/easrhfm/

Frog Act
Feb 10, 2012

yeah but the threads complaining about it are full of derisive responses and downvoted to 0, people are really going all in on the "its an alpha what do you expect god" or "you just weren't paying attention, we saw like, a dozen new animations and some sparkles" which is still a terribly poor showing for all the work they've put in

also i posted one of those threads lol

game's community seems to be really focused on making sure they aren't infiltrated by evil WoW players or other insufficiently dorky people, which seems to be a big problem with these "old school" type games that require a community to not be toxically elitist.

Frog Act fucked around with this message at 23:40 on Nov 30, 2018

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

They might show another zone on the weekend stream. The last time they did the streamer event they did Black Rose Keep the entire time on the first one, then split time between it and another zone the next time.

Sarcoth replied to somebody on Reddit asking why they didn’t show another zone and he said, “it’s 1/3 my fault” which I assume means they planned on showing another one but couldn’t because they kept wiping, wasted too much time, his connection dropped, etc.

We’ll see.

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

At this point I’m half following the development because I’m chasing that EQ dragon and half following because I want to be here for the fallout when we find out Brad was doing stretch goals to support an opioid addiction.

Frog Act
Feb 10, 2012

You'd think all that oxy would give him the focus and power to produce some pretty dope zones at least

ChickenMedium
Sep 2, 2001
Forum Veteran And Professor Emeritus of Condiment Studies

Frog Act posted:

You'd think all that oxy would give him the focus and power to produce some pretty dope zones at least

You're confusing oxy with meth. Someone please swipe Brad's oxy and replace it with meth.

Zam Wesell
Mar 22, 2009

[Zam is suddenly shot in the neck by a toxic dart; Anakin and Obi-Wan see a "rocket-man" take off and fly away, and Zam dies]
Some stream going on atm:

https://www.twitch.tv/mrhappy1227

Cool Buff Man
Jul 30, 2006

bitch

Ehud posted:

At this point I’m half following the development because I’m chasing that EQ dragon and half following because I want to be here for the fallout when we find out Brad was doing stretch goals to support an opioid addiction.

Everyone knows you are extremely excited for this game and notes get passed around about it and everyone calls you Brad Boy so you don't have to do this sort of hedging

Sarsapariller
Aug 14, 2015

Occasional vampire queen

Have the Fallen risen yet?

Holyshoot
May 6, 2010

Oh God not this guy.

Hey there Mr happy here. Heres a 7 min raid fight that I'm going to make a 30 min YouTube video about.

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

Cool Buff Man posted:

Everyone knows you are extremely excited for this game and notes get passed around about it and everyone calls you Brad Boy so you don't have to do this sort of hedging

:ohdear:

so this stream was in Avendyr's Pass and the dungeon where they encounter one of the early bosses in the game, Gnashura.

We've seen both of these areas before but they do look better.

I decided the game looks awesome again and I can't wait to play it.

Cleric:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8XpjH0NPQEQ

Shaman:
https://www.twitch.tv/videos/343657882?t=03h11m40s

Wizard:
https://www.twitch.tv/videos/343733293

Frog Act
Feb 10, 2012

I like the way the new models look and Cleric has a pretty appropriate looking spell selection, but I think they're overdoing it on mana regen and mezzing

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

Frog Act posted:

I like the way the new models look and Cleric has a pretty appropriate looking spell selection, but I think they're overdoing it on mana regen and mezzing

How do you mean? Like they’re putting too much emphasis on mana regen and mezzing as gameplay elements?

Frog Act
Feb 10, 2012

Yeah, every video I watch seems to have similar tickrates to P99, almost, which necessitates mezzing after almost ever major cast / mid pull for the Druid and Cleric, it seems. I definitely want mezzing to be in the game, but I'd like it if it was faster - someone on the subreddit did the math and found that in an hour of playing in a group, the druid was mezzing for 20 minutes. 1/3rd of your time is too much. It should be like, half that, and the other time should be spent actively casting buffs/debuffs/heals if they want those classes to be fun.

frajaq
Jan 30, 2009

#acolyte GM of 2014

I'm watching a bit of those and man the gameplay lacks some kind of "punch" you know? Everything looks so...safe and standard

cmdrk
Jun 10, 2013

Sarsapariller posted:

Have the Fallen risen yet?

I'm not even sure if the Fallen have fallen yet, much less risen.

Frog Act
Feb 10, 2012

Wait does this not have a map function at all? :psyduck:

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

Frog Act posted:

Wait does this not have a map function at all? :psyduck:

they said they might add cartography at some point*, but there will never be a map in the traditional MMO way we think of maps.

*they wont

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

Weaving Merry Christmas magic
So just wander around and hope you're moving in the direction of your goal because the game sure as gently caress ain't gonna tell you if you are

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

Malachite_Dragon posted:

So just wander around and hope you're moving in the direction of your goal because the game sure as gently caress ain't gonna tell you if you are

pantheonatlas.com

Frog Act
Feb 10, 2012

I didn't enjoy printing out a giant three ring binder of maps for EQMac or using a second monitor as a map in P99, and I'm sure as gently caress not going to enjoy it in a modern game that otherwise has a normal UI. gently caress that, the stuff we've seen so far isn't even close to distinctive enough to let you navigate via visual landmarks.

Givin
Jan 24, 2008
Givin of the Internet Hates You
I only want this game to come to be because it will be a fine tomb for all the 40 plus year old spergs who can't let go of their rose colored glasses and understand there is a reason all those old MMO systems were abandoned.

forge
Feb 26, 2006
The game is for people who want to explore and not just pull out a map. There is no end game here so if your rushing it you are doing it very wrong.

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

Givin posted:

I only want this game to come to be because it will be a fine tomb for all the 40 plus year old spergs who can't let go of their rose colored glasses and understand there is a reason all those old MMO systems were abandoned.

hey screw you I'm only 33

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

They should get rid of a compass too. You should have to have a Gnome tinker one for you.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Like I keep pointing out, all of this will change once the game bombs hard right out of the gate. All of those old school MMORPGs that were intentionally hard as hell have been made drastically easier. Everquest, and Final Fantasy XI both even give you overpowered AI companions that do all of the work for you. Final Fantasy XIV is making the content gates easier by letting you do all dungeons with bots and that was already a casual friendly game from the start. :v: Pantheon is going to have to do the same stuff or it will shut down quickly.

Fangthane
May 16, 2007
Be true, Unbeliever.

I said come in! posted:

Like I keep pointing out, all of this will change once the game bombs hard right out of the gate. All of those old school MMORPGs that were intentionally hard as hell have been made drastically easier. Everquest, and Final Fantasy XI both even give you overpowered AI companions that do all of the work for you. Final Fantasy XIV is making the content gates easier by letting you do all dungeons with bots and that was already a casual friendly game from the start. :v: Pantheon is going to have to do the same stuff or it will shut down quickly.

I brought this point up in a stream one time. Sure, Pantheon is aiming to net those that like the old-school grind but is that market even large enough to support the game after full release? The modern MMOs went the way they did for a reason. If the models of WoW and FF14 were unpopular then they wouldn't have as many subscribers as they (supposedly) do. Even if Pantheon is a well put together, thorough game it would probably still fail because their target market is not very large.

Fangthane fucked around with this message at 21:22 on Dec 3, 2018

onesixtwo
Apr 27, 2014

Don't you realize that being nice just makes you get hurt?

Frog Act posted:

Yeah, every video I watch seems to have similar tickrates to P99, almost, which necessitates mezzing after almost ever major cast / mid pull for the Druid and Cleric, it seems. I definitely want mezzing to be in the game, but I'd like it if it was faster - someone on the subreddit did the math and found that in an hour of playing in a group, the druid was mezzing for 20 minutes. 1/3rd of your time is too much. It should be like, half that, and the other time should be spent actively casting buffs/debuffs/heals if they want those classes to be fun.

TBH as a former EQ enchanter, IF this game ever became real (it won’t) I’d be personally offended if Brad didn’t give me a 100% of the time CC class. But, short durations are a huge pain in the rear end, I haven’t / won’t watch the streams so if it’s literally every other cast that does sound as poorly implemented as to be expected.

Also splitting healing and cc is fine imho. I don’t see a problem with that on paper if done well. CC already dictates the groups flow, putting cc on a healer would just free up more dps room. Hell I used to box chanter / cleric, give me that class as one and I’m that.

onesixtwo fucked around with this message at 23:10 on Dec 3, 2018

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

playing in third person LMAO

Givin posted:

if p99 had the population of my old eq server (same level range so most people were in the lower levels) i'd play the poo poo out of it. it was only tough going back seeing all the bopping leveling zones mostly empty.

Groovelord Neato fucked around with this message at 23:47 on Dec 3, 2018

cmdrk
Jun 10, 2013

Ehud posted:

They should get rid of a compass too. You should have to have a Gnome tinker one for you.

Gotta bind your Sense Heading skill to your arrow keys, so you can max it out while running around!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Holyshoot
May 6, 2010
What is mezzing? I started with ffxi. Never got into eq cause I wasnt old enough to afford the sub.