Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

Gobblecoque posted:

+fat and a beard? Dude your king is a full-blown redditor.

He's always proclaiming there are too many El Chads around.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Charlz Guybon
Nov 16, 2010

Fuligin posted:

In general I think India is way overtuned in terms of province wealth and its holdings. Followers of Arjuna used to be available from any start date and would also just clown on any muslims trying to break into the subcontinent, but I think they fixed that.

India should absolutely be that powerful and rich, it's just that like Europe and unlike China, it was rare that the subcontinent would be unified to any extent.

Strudel Man
May 19, 2003
ROME DID NOT HAVE ROBOTS, FUCKWIT

Rumda posted:

A maintenance event will purge one soonish
Shouldn't need to. Normally an event adding a trait automatically removes its opposites; the only way I knew to get mutually exclusive traits at the same time like that was by using the console to add them, which bypasses that.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
So i finally got my council to let me revolk tites without their consent, buuuuut it says I can't do it because the law isn't passed. But I passed the law? Unless there's a hidden law page, probably the same place that tribal organization is.

I'm kind of at an impasse. All I can really do now is sit around and wait for claims to come up so i can press them, and try to marry people off. There isn't really much to do. And its only 1094.

twistedmentat fucked around with this message at 07:41 on Dec 3, 2018

Mr. Fall Down Terror
Jan 24, 2018

by Fluffdaddy

twistedmentat posted:

So i finally got my council to let me revolk tites without their consent, buuuuut it says I can't do it because the law isn't passed. But I passed the law? Unless there's a hidden law page, probably the same place that tribal organization is.

I'm kind of at an impasse. All I can really do now is sit around and wait for claims to come up so i can press them, and try to marry people off. There isn't really much to do. And its only 1094.

is your council still voting on the law? just clicking the button doesn't pass the law if your council can vote on it

Pakled
Aug 6, 2011

WE ARE SMART

luxury handset posted:

is your council still voting on the law? just clicking the button doesn't pass the law if your council can vote on it

Yeah it takes a couple days for the vote to conclude

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

luxury handset posted:

No I passed it. The button was shown pushed in on the law screen. Like this was years after I passed it.

No Pants
Dec 10, 2000

Strudel Man posted:

Shouldn't need to. Normally an event adding a trait automatically removes its opposites; the only way I knew to get mutually exclusive traits at the same time like that was by using the console to add them, which bypasses that.

The event where you can try to emulate the founder of one of your bloodlines is buggy and probably doesn't perform that check (or doesn't check it properly).

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo
Well, there are two laws, one that lets you revoke at all, one that lets you do it without the council. Do you have both?

Pakled
Aug 6, 2011

WE ARE SMART

twistedmentat posted:

No I passed it. The button was shown pushed in on the law screen. Like this was years after I passed it.

Oh you might not have title revocation allowed under your realm laws, that's a separate category from your council's authority on the matter.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

Azhais posted:

Well, there are two laws, one that lets you revoke at all, one that lets you do it without the council. Do you have both?

That's probably the problem, I got the "revolk without council" to pass, but I cannot find the one that lets me actually pass the law allowing it. Its like as I mentioned i cannot go to max centralization and it says I cannot because I don't have max tribal centralization, but there are zero options for tribal stuff available to me. Its all Kingdom.

Torrannor
Apr 27, 2013

---FAGNER---
TEAM-MATE

twistedmentat posted:

There are two laws here. One law is for allowing your to revoke titles without your council voting on it. And there's a law for allowing you to revoke titles at all. It has three possible states. Revocation disallowed - revocation allowed - revocation allowed and free for vassals not of your religion. You need to pass this law to be able to revoke titles, it's on the second law panel from the left (first panel is succession laws, second panel is realm laws, third panel is vassal obligations, fourth panel is council laws).

I know it can be a bit frustrating at the start to learn CK2, but it's absolutely worth it. I made such a mess on my first few playthroughs, I abandoned like three of them. Back in vanilla CK2, when the mechanics were a lot simpler. Just stick with it until you think you've got a handle on the system, then decide if you want to continue your game or start over elsewhere. It's all about self-set goals anyway, I've played only one game from start to the end date. When I'm satisfied with what I've done in a game, I look for a new interesting start and begin again.

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo

twistedmentat posted:

That's probably the problem, I got the "revolk without council" to pass, but I cannot find the one that lets me actually pass the law allowing it. Its like as I mentioned i cannot go to max centralization and it says I cannot because I don't have max tribal centralization, but there are zero options for tribal stuff available to me. Its all Kingdom.

These are the two relevant screens for me:

This one has the "Revoke Title" at the bottom, along with investiture and centralization status. You might need to scroll down.

And this is the general Council law screen (where I'm still my council's bitch)

One important thing to keep track of is that each kingdom has its own set of laws, so check all the little flags at the top if you have multiple titles. Maybe one of the others is the problem.

e: Fixed the image links

Azhais fucked around with this message at 11:00 on Dec 3, 2018

snoremac
Jul 27, 2012

I LOVE SEEING DEAD BABIES ON 𝕏, THE EVERYTHING APP. IT'S WORTH IT FOR THE FOLLOWING TAB.
I don’t know if it’s just luck or unique to Pictland’s situation, but from the Charlemagne start to the mid-10s I’ve had one faction manage to force a decision/war. This was super early and no faction has mustered more than 50% threat level since. I haven’t played the game in about a year - I remember this requiring frequent management, especially after succession. Is Pictland relatively stable or something?

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo

snoremac posted:

I don’t know if it’s just luck or unique to Pictland’s situation, but from the Charlemagne start to the mid-10s I’ve had one faction manage to force a decision/war. This was super early and no faction has mustered more than 50% threat level since. I haven’t played the game in about a year - I remember this requiring frequent management, especially after succession. Is Pictland relatively stable or something?

You start as a kingdom, and there's just one unruly guy that usually fires a revolt fairly quickly, but other than that it's pretty solid

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

Azhais posted:

These are the two relevant screens for me:

This one has the "Revoke Title" at the bottom, along with investiture and centralization status. You might need to scroll down.

And this is the general Council law screen (where I'm still my council's bitch)

You posted the same pic twice.

420 Gank Mid
Dec 26, 2008

WARNING: This poster is a huge bitch!

you posted this one twice but if twistedmentat can see the tab "Realm" on the screenshot it will take him to the laws he wants to change

also if you have multiple top-level titles (i.e. you are a king and have 2+ Kingdoms) they can have different laws and you can check by clicking on the shield corresponding to that title

Soho Joe
Aug 11, 2006

the torment of existence
weighed against
the horror of nonbeing
Nap Ghost
You can create a duchy when it has no value to you, and give it to an angry vassal. The duchy will almost certainly be destroyed or lost, and you can just make it and give it away again.

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo

Jedit posted:

You posted the same pic twice.

So I did, I fixed it

Archaeology Hat
Aug 10, 2009
Is it just me or have factions been a lot less likely to fire ultimatums/revolts since the Holy Fury patch?

I feel like I've been in several situations where they would have made their demands in the past but they just haven't and I was able to ride it out.

Fat Samurai
Feb 16, 2011

To go quickly is foolish. To go slowly is prudent. Not to go; that is wisdom.
Damnit game, give me a pop up with "are you sure that you want to go against your Council and piss everyone off?", I'm sick of becoming an accidental tyrant.

big dyke energy
Jul 29, 2006

Football? Yaaaay
Tbh I don't usually have faction revolts because I micromanage the poo poo out of my vassal's opinions. Everyone must like me.

or else

Honky Dong Country
Feb 11, 2015

I finally got a chance to try Holy Fury and godamn I'm happy. I started off with an African run and it's everything I ever wanted. Couldn't be happier.

Warrior lodges, fetishes, new faith reformation, ancestor veneration, all of it is just amazing.

FeculentWizardTits
Aug 31, 2001

Playing as The Byzness. Vassal war declarations of any sort are forbidden in the empire. I created the kingdom of Italy, gave it to some guy in Ferrara as a viceroyalty, and he immediately declared a holy war for the area north of his new turf. What gives? Why isn't he bound by the empire-level prohibition on vassal war decs?

Various Meat Products
Oct 1, 2003

Communist Walrus posted:

Playing as The Byzness. Vassal war declarations of any sort are forbidden in the empire. I created the kingdom of Italy, gave it to some guy in Ferrara as a viceroyalty, and he immediately declared a holy war for the area north of his new turf. What gives? Why isn't he bound by the empire-level prohibition on vassal war decs?

Crown Laws only apply to the de jure vassals of the title it's enabled for and Italy isn't part of the ERE.

The Cheshire Cat
Jun 10, 2008

Fun Shoe

big dyke energy posted:

Tbh I don't usually have faction revolts because I micromanage the poo poo out of my vassal's opinions. Everyone must like me.

or else

I tend to get them on succession since I tend to let my vassals do what they want but also tend to have a strong enough demense that I can take half the realm on my own if they rise up. So usually they don’t tend to hit the “I think we might win this” threshold since one or two people might hate me but most are either neutral to positive, or still in the dungeon from the last revolt.

Captain Mediocre
Oct 14, 2005

Saving lives and money!

What's the best way to blow up a mega-Francia from outside? Once they get the empire title gavelkind doesn't help you out anymore and it just seems frustratingly stable.

Crow Jane
Oct 18, 2012

nothin' wrong with a lady drinkin' alone in her room

Captain Mediocre posted:

What's the best way to blow up a mega-Francia from outside? Once they get the empire title gavelkind doesn't help you out anymore and it just seems frustratingly stable.

Plot to kill the emperors, one after the other, have your chancellor sowing dissent in the capitol and your spymaster sabotaging it. Few decades of that and things should destabilize somewhat.

Started a Denmark game yesterday after getting bored (and constantly crusaded on) as Slavic Poland. Already formed Scandinavia, and just need one more holy site to reform the faith- any recommendations on setting it up? I was thinking bloodthirsty gods and meritocracy, but wasn't sure what would be best for the other two options.

a fatguy baldspot
Aug 29, 2018

Volk

Revolk

Broken Cog
Dec 29, 2009

We're all friends here
Can you do Peaceful and Bloodthirsty Gods?

ninjahedgehog
Feb 17, 2011

It's time to kick the tires and light the fires, Big Bird.

Crow Jane posted:

Plot to kill the emperors, one after the other, have your chancellor sowing dissent in the capitol and your spymaster sabotaging it. Few decades of that and things should destabilize somewhat.

The new Holy Fury "antagonize" option is pretty useful too, there's a lot of events to give him general opinion or vassal opinion maluses.

FeculentWizardTits
Aug 31, 2001

Various Meat Products posted:

Crown Laws only apply to the de jure vassals of the title it's enabled for and Italy isn't part of the ERE.

Well, poo poo. Is changing the crown law when the viceroyalty comes back to me going to do me any good, or will the next exarch I appoint just change it right back?

Hellioning
Jun 27, 2008

Broken Cog posted:

Can you do Peaceful and Bloodthirsty Gods?

You cannot.

Torrannor
Apr 27, 2013

---FAGNER---
TEAM-MATE

Communist Walrus posted:

Well, poo poo. Is changing the crown law when the viceroyalty comes back to me going to do me any good, or will the next exarch I appoint just change it right back?

Even if you disable vassal wars for the kingdom of Italy, it would only restrict the vassals of your new exarch from declaring war, not the exarch himself.

You have to wait 100 years until Italy becomes de jure part of the ERE, at which point outlawing vassal laws will affect them, too. But there is an diplomacy option to make a vassal cease waging war, try this out.

darthbob88
Oct 13, 2011

YOSPOS

Torrannor posted:

Even if you disable vassal wars for the kingdom of Italy, it would only restrict the vassals of your new exarch from declaring war, not the exarch himself.

You have to wait 100 years until Italy becomes de jure part of the ERE, at which point outlawing vassal laws will affect them, too. But there is an diplomacy option to make a vassal cease waging war, try this out.

Can't you also form the Empire of Italia, and forbid vassal wars there? Or does the Byzantine empire forbid holding other titles?

TacMan
Aug 8, 2002

Vert used Hyperbeam,
It's super effective!

:steam: El Mole :steam:
The byzantine empire actually does forbid holding other titles.

Cantorsdust
Aug 10, 2008

Infinitely many points, but zero length.
Early patch notes for patch 3.0.1, supposed to drop some time this week:

https://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/index.php?threads/early-patch-notes-for-3-0-1.1132993/

Looks like it fixes all the major complaints in this thread so far, including Byzantine succession issues.

a fatguy baldspot
Aug 29, 2018

Anyone else notice that catholic holy orders don’t get created sometimes when crusades start up? Noticed it on a couple games myself.

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo

Cantorsdust posted:

Early patch notes for patch 3.0.1, supposed to drop some time this week:

https://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/index.php?threads/early-patch-notes-for-3-0-1.1132993/

Looks like it fixes all the major complaints in this thread so far, including Byzantine succession issues.

Since the forum is getting pretty slow:

https://pastebin.com/wrimRgZE

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Strudel Man
May 19, 2003
ROME DID NOT HAVE ROBOTS, FUCKWIT
Hah. Apparently the benevolent bloodline is still going to be pointless. They're increasing the opinion bonus it gives for Just people, and adding an opinion bonus for Kind people!!

No mention of fixing feudal elective rulers being unable to nominate their kids, though. Nor god name updating when reforming the faith.

Strudel Man fucked around with this message at 20:47 on Dec 3, 2018