Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Haifisch
Nov 13, 2010

Objection! I object! That was... objectionable!

Taco Defender

Go on. Grab a slice.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

McSpergin
Sep 10, 2013

Pissflaps posted:

Hang on - are you saying that restaurants charge more for food than the wholesale cost of the ingredients used to make it?

Extraordinary.

I get that of course restaurants are gonna charge money on top of costs but it's the principle....

It's an avocado.... on toast....
If I'm going out for breakfast I'm not getting anything less than the best bang for buck i.e. most places do a big brekky for not much more than 20 bucks which usually is 2 eggs, hash browns, beans, toast, tomatoes, sausages and mushrooms and I can see the value in that. I can't see the value in something I could sooner run up the road to a supermarket to get the ingredients for and make at home faster than a restaurant can

Re spam chat lol if u don't smoke your spam bits before frying

Elysiume
Aug 13, 2009

Alone, she fights.

McSpergin posted:

The one trick that millennials didn't think of: buy house
:thunk:

Dr. Garbanzo
Sep 14, 2010

McSpergin posted:

I get that of course restaurants are gonna charge money on top of costs but it's the principle....

If I'm going out for breakfast I'm not getting anything less than the best bang for buck i.e. most places do a big brekky for not much more than 20 bucks which usually is 2 eggs, hash browns, beans, toast, tomatoes, sausages and mushrooms and I can see the value in that. I can't see the value in something I could sooner run up the road to a supermarket to get the ingredients for and make at home faster than a restaurant can

Most big breakfasts are a bit of a loss leader. They know full well that not everyone is going to get it and there’s a reason the build your own option costs a whole whack more for the same items.
There used to be a place near me that did the best big breakfast I’ve ever had. It was just bacon, eggs, mushrooms, toast, a roast tomato and home made hash browns. Then a new guy took over and they added sausages which through off the whole balance of the plate. Previously it was just the right amount of grease. Now it’s a little too much especially if you go for scrambled eggs. The coffee is poo poo as well so I haven’t been there in years.

Aesop Poprock
Oct 21, 2008

Grimey Drawer

Haifisch posted:

Go on. Grab a slice.

What is it? Cheese with toppings that are only toasted on the front?

regardless I don't want it because I hate the middle person's shoes

voiceless anal fricative
May 6, 2007

Aesop Poprock posted:

What is it? Cheese with toppings that are only toasted on the front?

regardless I don't want it because I hate the middle person's shoes

It looks like an open face tomato and cheese toasted sandwich, cut into slices.

Aesop Poprock
Oct 21, 2008

Grimey Drawer

bike tory posted:

It looks like an open face tomato and cheese toasted sandwich, cut into slices.

That does not look like bread

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Your life and your quest end here.

Aesop Poprock posted:

That does not look like bread

It looks exactly like bread to me. It appears to be pizza/focaccia that has been sliced into rectangles and hung on hooks for some reason.

Aesop Poprock
Oct 21, 2008

Grimey Drawer

Tiggum posted:

It looks exactly like bread to me. It appears to be pizza/focaccia that has been sliced into rectangles and hung on hooks for some reason.

Maybe I'm focusing too much on the two porous wtf looking pieces but it looks like some sort of toasted cheese or meat

Captain Jesus
Feb 26, 2009

What's wrong with you? You don't even have your beer goggles on!!

Tiggum posted:

It appears to be pizza/focaccia that has been sliced into rectangles and hung on hooks for some reason.

It's this.

Aesop Poprock posted:

Maybe I'm focusing too much on the two porous wtf looking pieces but it looks like some sort of toasted cheese or meat

Are you the one who thought shrimp was some kind of small pastry? What kind of meat do you think it could possibly be?

Aesop Poprock
Oct 21, 2008

Grimey Drawer

Captain Jesus posted:

It's this.

Are you the one who thought shrimp was some kind of small pastry? What kind of meat do you think it could possibly be?

No thats The White Crane. Ham was the first thing I thought of, am I insane? It's literally like a pink color

Mx.
Dec 16, 2006

I'm a great fan! When I watch TV I'm always saying "That's political correctness gone mad!"
Why thankyew!

it's a sad pizza. the saddest pizza

voiceless anal fricative
May 6, 2007

Miss posted:

it's a sad open faced tomato and cheese toasted sandwich. the saddest open faced tomato and cheese toasted sandwich

Aesop Poprock
Oct 21, 2008

Grimey Drawer
That sounds worse than what I thought it was

angerbot
Mar 23, 2004

plob
I'm more offput by the shiny copper s-hooks. Why are they so shiny? Who is cleaning the copper s-hooks? Do they keep a vat of vinegar and sodium to keep the copper s-hooks shiny?

Scarodactyl
Oct 22, 2015

Haifisch posted:

Go on. Grab a slice.
It's 5am and I haven't had a real slice of pizza in over 2 years. Give me that poo poo.

fizzymercury
Aug 18, 2011

angerbeet posted:

I'm more offput by the shiny copper s-hooks. Why are they so shiny? Who is cleaning the copper s-hooks? Do they keep a vat of vinegar and sodium to keep the copper s-hooks shiny?

Yes I can handle the sad pale lukewarm pizza. But those hooks aren't food safe. They're totally not doing a good job of holding up that floppy mess and it's just dangling food haphazardly over the floor at a party full of drunk people. They're going to be finding hooks in random light fixtures and potted plants for months.

As someone that cleans up after parties and weddings every weekend, motherfuck the animal that designed this.

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

🎧Listen to Cylindricule!🎵
https://linktr.ee/Cylindricule

Aesop Poprock posted:

Don't eat porous meats

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Aesop Poprock posted:

Maybe I'm focusing too much on the two porous wtf looking pieces

Bread gets bubbles in it. That's normal.

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

Tiggum posted:

Bread gets bubbles in it. That's normal.

Get out of here with your trypophobia examples.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Whooping Crabs
Apr 13, 2010

Sorry for the derail but I fuckin love me some racoons

McSpergin posted:

If you are spending $20 on breakfast you are doing it wrong (or live in southern California?). I don't mind going out for breakfast but pretty much everything outside of a souffle or pastry I can make at home very easily.

EDIT: also, gently caress brunch. I'm not waiting in line for 30+ minutes for a table to spend $15 for breakfast which normally costs $8 when I could run to the store in that time and make it for 1/4 the price.

Whooping Crabs has a new favorite as of 15:06 on Dec 3, 2018

Dienes
Nov 4, 2009

dee
doot doot dee
doot doot doot
doot doot dee
dee doot doot
doot doot dee
dee doot doot

College Slice

angerbeet posted:

Why are they so shiny?

They are lovingly hand-rubbed with pizza grease.

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

I went to the supermarket today.

I did a full comparison on my blog.

Pastry of the Year
Apr 12, 2013

Tiggum posted:

you're doing the lord's work but your tongue is going to look like a dried clove after this

fizzymercury
Aug 18, 2011

Tiggum posted:

MightyMite is one of the worst foods I have ever experienced. It wobbles. I'm glad even a true Aussie thinks it's bad. I never waste food but I tossed that jar.

Nice write-up! Although you really just convinced me to buy more Vegemite and skip trying different brands. It's really the best.

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

still gay rights and smoke weed every day

Tiggum posted:

Try not to stroke out from the salt. Also, Australia seems like the snow-piercer distopia where everyone is eating compressed roaches and somehow don't notice.

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

THat's made from cum isn't it?

Captainsalami
Apr 16, 2010

I told you you'd pay!
Not seeing the issue. Gimmie that.

darthbob88
Oct 13, 2011

YOSPOS
That sandwich is a little disappointing, TBH, but yeah sure would.

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit
I'm telling you, it's a cum based gravy

Zipperelli.
Apr 3, 2011

Nap Ghost
I still need to try vegemite. My local supermarket has marmite but no vegemite.

Mushika
Dec 22, 2010

Tiggum posted:

Thank you, this was an excellent blog post. Is Our Mate the same recipe as Marmite from the U.K.? Because the way you describe the consistency sounds different, but that could just be me. It does confirm what I'd thought to be the case: mainly that Vegemite is very tasty, but U.K. Marmite is better, and that sweet 'mites sound horrible.

sirbeefalot
Aug 24, 2004
Fast Learner.
Fun Shoe
Promite sounds like some kind of poison you spread around your baseboards to kill pests.

SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

I was under direct orders not to die
🐵❌💀

Now I want an english muffin, toasted with too much butter melted into all the bubbles

voiceless anal fricative
May 6, 2007

Tiggum posted:

First thing imma do when I get back to NZ is find some Promite, I miss that poo poo

gently caress yes. Best thing ever is using a bit of toast to sop up the gravy on your plate after a roast, so drowning a roast chicken or turkey sandwich in gravy is just cutting out the middle man really

Mushika
Dec 22, 2010

bike tory posted:

First thing imma do when I get back to NZ is find some Promite, I miss that poo poo

gently caress yes. Best thing ever is using a bit of toast to sop up the gravy on your plate after a roast, so drowning a roast chicken or turkey sandwich in gravy is just cutting out the middle man really

Yeah, I'm not seeing a problem here. Decadent, perhaps, but certainly not unappetizing.

PurpleXVI
Oct 30, 2011

Spewing insults, pissing off all your neighbors, betraying your allies, backing out of treaties and accords, and generally screwing over the global environment?
ALL PART OF MY BRILLIANT STRATEGY!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Aesop Poprock
Oct 21, 2008

Grimey Drawer

wtf