Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

This is what anyone gets from having faith in Lydon.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

A Wizard of Goatse
Dec 14, 2014

cant cook creole bream posted:

It's kind of a weird dynamic between those four. While Audrey isn't really loyal to Trixie, Clara certainly is. And from what I've seen Audrey tries to support her sister as best as she can, so she's been loyal by association so far. But now that she has a really good offer, she'll gladly sell Trixie out. But Clara will be incredibly disappointed when she finds out about this. :smith:

Clara will be disappointed but alive, as far as Audrey's concerned Trixie has been the problem for a while now

Pistol_Pete
Sep 15, 2007

Oven Wrangler

vyelkin posted:

I take back the good thing I said about Lyndon.

It's ok, I'm sure he's going to feel bad about what he's done (although not so bad that he tells Trixie what's going on).

Lotus Aura
Aug 16, 2009

KNEEL BEFORE THE WICKED KING!
Lyndon was so close to not being an idiot gently caress up.

maltesh
May 20, 2004

Uncle Ben: Still Dead.
There is absolutely no reason for the Traditionalists to keep their promise to Audrey, either. Unless Trixie wins, Audrey has no connections to demand they uphold the bargain, and if anyone but the Traditionalists win, there's not even a verbal agreement in place to make Audrey foreign minister.

The Traditionalists probably can prove that Audrey agreed to sell Trixie out, though, and they can use that to continue to blackmail Audrey and possibly Lyndon.

All in all, a terrible deal to make.

Cat Mattress
Jul 14, 2012

by Cyrano4747

vyelkin posted:

I take back the good thing I said about Lyndon.

Saying a good thing about Lyndon should have been when you noticed something was wrong.

Whybird
Aug 2, 2009

Phaiston have long avoided the tightly competetive defence sector, but the IRDA Act 2052 has given us the freedom we need to bring out something really special.

https://team-robostar.itch.io/robostar

Nap Ghost

maltesh posted:

There is absolutely no reason for the Traditionalists to keep their promise to Audrey, either. Unless Trixie wins, Audrey has no connections to demand they uphold the bargain, and if anyone but the Traditionalists win, there's not even a verbal agreement in place to make Audrey foreign minister.

Well, no, but there is the whole 'murdering people with a big sword and not thinking the consequences through' thing Audrey has going on.

ChairMaster
Aug 22, 2009

by R. Guyovich
They could just send a vice president to break the news to her, but I don't imagine they'd have much reason to lie to her either. The political structure in Diabolica seems to be "do what the president says and you'll get paid", which is certainly fine with Audrey as far as foreign affairs goes.

Otherkinsey Scale
Jul 17, 2012

Just a little bit of sunshine!

Otherkinsey Scale posted:

:smith:

I take back all the some of the bad things I've said about Lyndon.

I see even this was too much faith in him.

It really is the twist in the knife that the cupcake was actually delicious.

maltesh posted:

The Traditionalists probably can prove that Audrey agreed to sell Trixie out, though, and they can use that to continue to blackmail Audrey and possibly Lyndon.

All in all, a terrible deal to make.

They have a reputation to keep. If word gets out that they bribed someone and didn't follow through, they wouldn't be able to bribe the next person.

Besides, "willingness to personally pull off a dumb, risky scandal" is apparently the president's only criteria for filling positions.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

http://trixie.thecomicseries.com/comics/334

:(

Pistol_Pete
Sep 15, 2007

Oven Wrangler

To any new readers: Thorsby is not exactly known for happy endings to his tales.

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011
By far the best ending was The Accidental Space Spy where they just dropped him off back on Earth and were like "welp bye" and then the comic was over.

ChairMaster
Aug 22, 2009

by R. Guyovich

Pistol_Pete posted:

To any new readers: Thorsby is not exactly known for happy endings to his tales.

Transdimensional brain chip had a happy ending, by .00000012%!

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
i want to achieve immortality through not dying
not only was it happy, it was provably optimal!

Otherkinsey Scale
Jul 17, 2012

Pistol_Pete posted:

Hitmen for Destiny had a fairly happy ending. Sure, the path there was traumatic, but the girl got the girl, neither girl was possessed or corrupted, and most of the main characters survived.

Emmideer
Oct 20, 2011

Lovely night, no?
Grimey Drawer

Otherkinsey Scale posted:

Hitmen for Destiny had a fairly happy ending. Sure, the path there was traumatic, but the girl got the girl, neither girl was possessed or corrupted, and most of the main characters survived.

And best of all, no ghosts!

Otherkinsey Scale
Jul 17, 2012

A very relatable progression.

Also, the material component for those spells is skittles.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Sue Cannibalbulemia

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Didnt notice the headline at first where Lydon manages to wreck poo poo even when he's not in the comic.

voting third party
Sep 5, 2006
~
"Moose hive found", followed by, "Moose honey taste awful". Got to admire that they actually tried it

Cat Mattress
Jul 14, 2012

by Cyrano4747
It took 21 days between the discovery of the moose hive and the discovery that moose honey tastes awful.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

They had to figure out a way to pacify the moose and overcome the royal moose guard and moose queen to get at the moose honey

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

Corpseparade's going to need a vacation after the election's over.

Lotus Aura
Aug 16, 2009

KNEEL BEFORE THE WICKED KING!

Synthbuttrange posted:

Didnt notice the headline at first where Lydon manages to wreck poo poo even when he's not in the comic.

poo poo I missed that too, because Moose Hive is way more eye-catching.

maltesh
May 20, 2004

Uncle Ben: Still Dead.
So there are at least nine candidates in the election now, or a significant 'I'm not voting for any of these yahoos' contingent.

The Lord of Hats
Aug 22, 2010

Hello, yes! Is being very good day for posting, no?
Nine candidates, they've done the "split the opposition support" trick three times. It's impressive that the Traditionalit's suck so hard that they've also managed to lose support each time they've done this.

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

Because they're sacrificing the key single issue voter vote.

Eeevil
Oct 28, 2010

Well obviously he didn't see it, or he'd be wearing a hardhat :colbert:
So if Trixie drops out they're screwed, right?

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

http://trixie.thecomicseries.com/comics/336

oh no

Cat Mattress
Jul 14, 2012

by Cyrano4747
oh yes

Otherkinsey Scale
Jul 17, 2012

The really amazing part is that none of the schemes from last strip involved killing the vice president.

He made it through three whole weeks as VP, but they're totally gonna break that streak after this.

HBar
Sep 13, 2007

Soon it'll be everyone running for president, and the winner will be the candidate with two votes.

Drunk Theory
Aug 20, 2016

Oven Wrangler
Trixie Slaughterhouse for President, and everyone else.

Going to need to kill a lot if vice presidents to fix this comical farce.

Drunk Theory fucked around with this message at 03:44 on Dec 14, 2018

Android Blues
Nov 22, 2008

Thorsby is lining things up for a brutal evisceration of first past the post where the winning party is eventually elected on, like, 0.8% of the vote.

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011
Literally everyone in the country runs for president and then Lyndon's big character-defining moment is when he chooses whether to give his vote to Audrey or Trixie, because he knows whichever one he votes for will win with 2 votes.

Emmideer
Oct 20, 2011

Lovely night, no?
Grimey Drawer

vyelkin posted:

Literally everyone in the country runs for president and then Lyndon's big character-defining moment is when he chooses whether to give his vote to Audrey or Trixie, because he knows whichever one he votes for will win with 2 votes.

I'm sure he'll gently caress it somehow and vote someone entirely related to not make a hard choice

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

vyelkin posted:

Trixie gets Klara's vote, obviously.

Aurium
Oct 10, 2010
I don't know if it was said anywhere in the comic before, but I'd like to take a moment and say I really like the name Tycoon's Guild.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

http://trixie.thecomicseries.com/comics/337

MOOSE QUEEN

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BiggerJ
May 21, 2007

What shall we do with him? A permaban, perhaps? Probate him for a few years? Or...shall we employ a big red custom title? You, the goons of SA, shall decide his fate.
He could drive the fates of nine candidates, but...