Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Shindragon
Jun 6, 2011

by Athanatos
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wsPnQq5ytR0

I honestly forgotten that Matt is buddies with the Great Black Otaku.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

sure hope no-one throws me off a bridge

Woolie has a name, you know.

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Gyro Zeppeli posted:

BetterWoolie and Woolie are very different people :colbert:

Shindragon
Jun 6, 2011

by Athanatos

Gyro Zeppeli posted:

Har har har. :v: I forgot which LP or podcast it was but when Woolie dressed up as wressler and saw GBO made me chuckle.

a cartoon duck
Sep 5, 2011

It's pretty amazing to me how Ninja Theory talked about creating much better female characters than the original Devil May Cry franchise, then wrote a codependent girl that's just pushed around by the men in her life.

TechnoSyndrome
Apr 10, 2009

STARE
They had a really cool concept design for Kat who looked like she would have been more in-line with previous DMC girls, but instead they went with the boring damsel in distress girl.

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

Vandar posted:

The wires and the fire door bothered me, but what really gets me is that Matt hasn't opened the Ability menu for Donald or Goofy even once since the LP started.

They're not as useless as you think they were during the Cerberus boss fight, Matt! They just aren't using their abilities because you haven't equipped them!

(I'm enjoying the LP, mind you. It's been pretty chill and relaxing so far.)

In this newest episode Matt finally looked at the ability menu for Donald and Goofy...and then didn't equip anything.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

I can't wait to see what the new gimmick is going to be in the next world. This Clayton as Virgil hit is fantastic.

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

Rhonne posted:

In this newest episode Matt finally looked at the ability menu for Donald and Goofy...and then didn't equip anything.

He also randomly looked into Sora's equipment, unequipped an accessory, then closed it.

ConanThe3rd
Mar 27, 2009

TechnoSyndrome posted:

They had a really cool concept design for Kat who looked like she would have been more in-line with previous DMC girls, but instead they went with the boring damsel in distress girl.

Given what she does in story and with what that was probably for the “best”

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

Phantasium posted:

He also randomly looked into Sora's equipment, unequipped an accessory, then closed it.

It's been a while since I watched the FFX LP, but did he struggle this much with the menus in that game too?

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo
Matt is a sweet baby, please don't bully.

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

Dias posted:

Matt is a sweet baby, please don't bully.
Does Matt resemble Babyface Nelson?

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Wow, I had no idea Clemps wanted to gently caress bunny girls.

Futaba Anzu
May 6, 2011

GROSS BOY

who doesnt

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

RareAcumen posted:

I can't wait to see what the new gimmick is going to be in the next world. This Clayton as Virgil hit is fantastic.

Brian Blessed is always great.

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

Tbh I just want nothing but kh in every time slot now. There's a lot of it to get through!

I can't decide if I'd rather see them play every game for Maximum Content, or if I'd rather see them do just 1, 2, and 3 and be completely lost.

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

Can't wait for the next DmC update to hit one of the most bizzarely played and wildly inappropriate scenes I've ever seen in all of gaming.

Note that I didn't say 'offensive' - though it is certainly that. I said 'inappropriate.' I honestly have no idea what the gently caress the writers thought they were on about.

Foxhound
Sep 5, 2007
I don't care if I'm channeling my inner edgelord or w/e, DmC has a fantastic soundtrack.

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

Spiritus Nox posted:

Can't wait for the next DmC update to hit one of the most bizzarely played and wildly inappropriate scenes I've ever seen in all of gaming.

Note that I didn't say 'offensive' - though it is certainly that. I said 'inappropriate.' I honestly have no idea what the gently caress the writers thought they were on about.
Is it the Demon abortion fight? If so I think South Park: Stick of Truth did it worse.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
It is the worst boss fight in a game of bad boss fights

Nerdietalk
Dec 23, 2014

Look at that in case of emergency glass being broken again.

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

I don't know why this thing of all lovely licensed titles is so popular with the so bad it's good crowd.

Nalesh
Jun 9, 2010

What did the grandma say to the frog?

Something racist, probably.

Grouchio posted:

Is it the Demon abortion fight? If so I think South Park: Stick of Truth did it worse.

At least with south park you expect that poo poo, though honestly, I doubt even south park would just shoot a pregnant lady in the womb

Flubby
Feb 28, 2006
Fun Shoe
I hate Lilith's sagging plastic surgery face. I think I'll always take cool looking demons over ones trying to gross you out. I don't think I've ever gone back and forth so much on liking a game's aesthetics to finding them repulsive more than DmC.

e:well I don't know, now that I think about it I do like the mancubus.

Flubby fucked around with this message at 03:41 on Dec 3, 2018

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo
I like when poo poo tries to gross me out, DmC just kinda half-asses it and it's not good enough to make up for the half-assed designs.

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

Nalesh posted:

At least with south park you expect that poo poo, though honestly, I doubt even south park would just shoot a pregnant lady in the womb

It's even weirder because the game plays it straight. I could deal with it if, like Lilith or whatever her name is like cussed you out while the baby burst out and flailed about like a big dumb monster while Virgil finishes it off or something over-the-top and goofy like that, but instead she just starts like loving sobbing and bleeding out and it's all shot like a Serious Drama while I'm just sitting here like :stonk:

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

nerdman42 posted:

Look at that in case of emergency glass being broken again.

I honestly really have to wonder if it's because they visited Achievement Hunter.

One of the longest running let's plays, and also longest running gags, on the channel was the Michael and Ryan Star Trek Let's Play.

Now you might be going, wait, it's not that long a game. No, it's not.

they finished it in 11 30-ish minute parts.

Over three goddamn years. It was a series no one cared about, no one wanted, and no one asked for. But by God, they played it. Very, very slowly.

The reason why it's relevant is because they would have been finishing the final part right around the time the SBF were visiting. It went up not too long after they left.

MechanicalTomPetty
Oct 30, 2011

Runnin' down a dream
That never would come to me

Rodyle posted:

I don't know why this thing of all lovely licensed titles is so popular with the so bad it's good crowd.

Part of it may be because it was made by the same guys who would go on to make Warframe. Pretty sure they used the same engine too; I don't know how many people remember the old Machinima episode but some of the weird-rear end camera perspective issues they showed off can happen in Warframe too.

Monaghan
Dec 29, 2006

The star trek game is just the right amount of so bad it's good and I love Pat's Star trek rants so I'm hyped for this playthrough.

Nalesh
Jun 9, 2010

What did the grandma say to the frog?

Something racist, probably.
Haven't watched it yet, but does pat mention that it's made by DE(warframe people), and even using the same engine to the point where some of the bugs in warframe can be found in it? :v:

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
Pat constantly brags that he invented war frame because they made fun of this game.

Angry_Ed
Mar 30, 2010

Grimey Drawer

Tae posted:

Pat constantly brags that he invented war frame because they made fun of this game.

And except for the part where they were literally trying to make this game since 2000 in various iterations, he'd be correct :v:

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord
Man, the cutscenes in Kingdom Hearts feel so loving weird and disjointed. So many awkward pauses, bizarre cuts and the camera staying in place for too long. Doesn't help that the animations are still PS2 as hell.

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Restaurant de Nouvelles "À Table" Proudly Presents:
A Climactic Encounter Ending on 1 Negate and a Dream
The star trek game is still the most left field pull. I expected another mystery box before something like this

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007

Improbable Lobster posted:

Man, the cutscenes in Kingdom Hearts feel so loving weird and disjointed. So many awkward pauses, bizarre cuts and the camera staying in place for too long. Doesn't help that the animations are still PS2 as hell.

and kh1 has by far the liveliest and most natural-feeling cutscenes in the series

this is not a compliment

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Why is Woolie sticking up for the sniper rifle abortion of all scenes?

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
Wait did Matt unequip SCAN?

Kay Kessler
May 9, 2013

So how many Simpsons jokes is Matt gonna make when they get to Agrabah?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

Isn't That Right, Chairman?

Burkion posted:

Wait did Matt unequip SCAN?

Yup.

He also didn't equip his new Keyblade after futzing around in the equipment menu for a bit.