Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Khagan
Aug 8, 2012

Words cannot describe just how terrible Vietnamese are.
Speculating about newcomer to the franchise Civs is fun and all but the real question is...

Will this second expansion follow in the footsteps of BNW and complete the base game?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

chaosapiant
Oct 10, 2012

White Line Fever

turboraton posted:

Aight I'll be 100% honest here. I'm ULTRA happy that the Incas are finally IN baby (I'm Peruvian for those you don't know). And somehow ALL your incesant bitching about "waaaahh white history this" "waaaaah white history that" is draining the fun out of it. Like holy loving poo poo, do you guys spout this poo poo only to gain internet points or something? or are you somehow really on a crusade on the evils of white man in gaming.

My god, enjoy stuff. You are all white to me and the more you bitch about white stuff you sound WAY more white to me. Like, I'm totally picturing Taear as the whitest guy there it is. I feel bad just typing this but holt poo poo the ammount of negativity in here takes its toll.

I'm pretty much on your side with this. Civ has never struck me as not having diversity in it's Civilization choices. I'm sure there's tons of more ethnically diverse choices that can be made, but I've never been unhappy with what's been in the game.

Also, I kinda want another civ similar to the Iroquois from Civ V. I liked their border mechanic where they grabbed land faster and all their cities became huge blogs of land so you didn't have to settle more cities earlier to grab resources.

Taear
Nov 26, 2004

Ask me about the shitty opinions I have about Paradox games!

turboraton posted:

Aight I'll be 100% honest here. I'm ULTRA happy that the Incas are finally IN baby (I'm Peruvian for those you don't know). And somehow ALL your incesant bitching about "waaaahh white history this" "waaaaah white history that" is draining the fun out of it. Like holy loving poo poo, do you guys spout this poo poo only to gain internet points or something? or are you somehow really on a crusade on the evils of white man in gaming.

My god, enjoy stuff. You are all white to me and the more you bitch about white stuff you sound WAY more white to me. Like, I'm totally picturing Taear as the whitest guy there it is. I feel bad just typing this but holt poo poo the ammount of negativity in here takes its toll.

Good for you? You're also constantly posting super positive stuff about the game so it's not that unexpected that you'd enjoy the next expansion announcement no matter what.

It's not about proving your ethnicity, it's just about being more interesting.

SlothBear
Jan 25, 2009

Khagan posted:

Speculating about newcomer to the franchise Civs is fun and all but the real question is...

Will this second expansion follow in the footsteps of BNW and complete the base game?

It will ad a lot for sure!

But there is talk about a third expansion so the dynamic may be off.

ComposerGuy
Jul 28, 2007

Conspicuous Absinthe
I like playing "Sid Meier's Civilization VI" and am looking forward to the expansion "Sid Meier's Civilization VI: The Gathering Storm".

Well that's my testimony thank you for listening.

Zulily Zoetrope
Jun 1, 2011

Muldoon

Khagan posted:

Someone posted upthread that there was talk of a third, final expansion before VI is through.

chaosapiant posted:

Also, I kinda want another civ similar to the Iroquois from Civ V. I liked their border mechanic where they grabbed land faster and all their cities became huge blogs of land so you didn't have to settle more cities earlier to grab resources.

Do you mean the Shoshone? Because Russia gets that bonus in VI.

Ulvino
Mar 20, 2009
Pretty sure he meant Shoshone. The Iroquis way of grabbing land was settling cities loving EVERYWHERE. One tile snow-island? Yep, that's good enough for Hiawatha. :v:

ComposerGuy posted:

I like playing "Sid Meier's Civilization VI" and am looking forward to the expansion "Sid Meier's Civilization VI: The Gathering Storm".

Same here.

Taear
Nov 26, 2004

I'd be pretty surprised if they made a 3rd expansion - so far they've followed the model of Civ5 pretty closely.
DLC civs - first expansion - second expansion

Pakistani Brad Pitt
Nov 28, 2004

Not as taciturn, but still terribly powerful...

Taear posted:

Good for you? You're also constantly posting super positive stuff about the game so it's not that unexpected that you'd enjoy the next expansion announcement no matter what.

It's not about proving your ethnicity, it's just about being more interesting.

Canada and Brazil seem way more interesting as faction choices for my conquer the world video-boardgame sitting in America in 2018 than some obscure tribe of Kyrgyzstani steppe-men, but of course this is subjective.

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!

Clarste posted:

China was subsumed by conquering powers like a billion times yet we still call them China. Should the civ be split into like a dozen different distinct dynasties?

honestly proto-chinese civs sounds cool as h*ck

poo poo give me all the granular ancient civs. let me play as the emishi, and ryukyu

Elias_Maluco
Aug 23, 2007
I need to sleep
I would rather have Tupi or some other native brazilian civ than Brazil itself

And I am Brazilian

toasterwarrior
Nov 11, 2011
I really dug Australia's unique abilities too. Outback Stations are rad as hell, gimme all the food and production.

MarquiseMindfang
Jan 6, 2013

vriska (vriska)
I want that Shoshone bonus back too. I leaned on that so hard in V. 4 pop when everyone else only had 2 (and leaning in full production because I could grow pop without using food), first or near-first religion by holding a hut til the faith bonus unlocked, a couple quick policies by grabbing culture in between grabbing pop.

In VI it would be insane due to the ability to just grab relics from turn 0.

Cythereal
Nov 8, 2009

I love the potoo,
and the potoo loves you.

Ulvino posted:

One tile snow-island? Yep, that's good enough for Hiawatha. :v:

Alas, it's only in Beyond Earth that that might actually be a really good decision. :v:

Seriously, the lack of sea improvements and little to no tile improvements for tundra and snow is one of the things I hate most about Civilization after playing so much Beyond Earth.

ComposerGuy
Jul 28, 2007

Conspicuous Absinthe

toasterwarrior posted:

I really dug Australia's unique abilities too. Outback Stations are rad as hell, gimme all the food and production.

I played Australia on true start location earth and rushed to get Petra and everything became comically easy.

Zulily Zoetrope
Jun 1, 2011

Muldoon

Cythereal posted:

Alas, it's only in Beyond Earth that that might actually be a really good decision. :v:

Seriously, the lack of sea improvements and little to no tile improvements for tundra and snow is one of the things I hate most about Civilization after playing so much Beyond Earth.

One you get to Conservation, you can pack tundra tiles with forest+lumber mills, which makes them entirely viable if you have a couple of farm tiles or fishing boat resources in range. Snow still sucks, but in VI you can at least pack it with districts and unlock the buffed-up Amundsen-Scott Research Station.

ComposerGuy posted:

I played Australia on true start location earth and rushed to get Petra and everything became comically easy.

That game was where I started to really miss the build queue, because my Petra city was constantly out of things to build and finished projects in 1-3 turns.

chaosapiant
Oct 10, 2012

White Line Fever

Zulily Zoetrope posted:

Someone posted upthread that there was talk of a third, final expansion before VI is through.

Do you mean the Shoshone? Because Russia gets that bonus in VI.

You’re right it is the Shoshone. I had no idea Russia had that, thanks!

Ragnar34
Oct 10, 2007

Lipstick Apathy
I'm still waiting a civ that thrives in the snow. I want to make an ice metropolis.

Kanfy
Jan 9, 2012

Just gotta keep walking down that road.
Another reason why Fall From Heaven 2 remains the best civ game.

Pakistani Brad Pitt
Nov 28, 2004

Not as taciturn, but still terribly powerful...

Ragnar34 posted:

I'm still waiting a civ that thrives in the snow. I want to make an ice metropolis.

They just added Canada

Magil Zeal
Nov 24, 2008

Ragnar34 posted:

Kanfy posted:

Another reason why Fall From Heaven 2 remains the best civ game.

I was always annoyed that building the temple that turned all the land into snow terrain would remove the river commerce bonus.

Beamed
Nov 26, 2010

Then you have a responsibility that no man has ever faced. You have your fear which could become reality, and you have Godzilla, which is reality.

Taear posted:

I'd be pretty surprised if they made a 3rd expansion - so far they've followed the model of Civ5 pretty closely.
DLC civs - first expansion - second expansion

They release the DLC civs first to ensure the pre-order/season pass people get is "rewarded" before working on the expansion.

ate shit on live tv
Feb 15, 2004

by Azathoth

Magil Zeal posted:

I was always annoyed that building the temple that turned all the land into snow terrain would remove the river commerce bonus.

It comes back +2 once they become Crystal plains though (50ish turns I think). That is sort of the gimmick of the snow people, they are slow, but OP once they get rolling.

Ratios and Tendency
Apr 23, 2010

:swoon: MURALI :swoon:

https://twitter.com/CivGame/status/1069607227332251650

turboraton
Aug 28, 2011
Could it be the Earth Shaker leading the Incas?

Taear
Nov 26, 2004

turboraton posted:

Could it be the Earth Shaker leading the Incas?

Well the leak says he does.
Time to do the Pachacuti

Magil Zeal
Nov 24, 2008

It's the Maori. They have some very strong abilities, but they can't harvest resources. Rough trade-off.

Edit: Not being able to earn Great Writers also slows down the super min-maxer Deity strats which involve earning Great Writers and selling the great works to the AI for loads of gold. Kinda seems like a true anti-meta Civ.

Magil Zeal fucked around with this message at 16:16 on Dec 4, 2018

the holy poopacy
May 16, 2009

hey! check this out
Fun Shoe
Leader Ability - Kupe’s Voyage - Starts in the Ocean, and receives +2 science and +2 culture each turn before settling. When you settle the first city, receive +1 population and a free builder. The Palace grants +3 housing and +1 amenities. May consider the coconut.

National Ability - Mana - Begins the game with the Sailing and Shipbuilding technologies, and the ability to enter ocean tiles. Embarked units gain +2 movement and +5 strength. Unimproved forests and rainforests grant +1 production, increased with the Conservation civic. Fishing boats grant +1 food, and culture bomb adjacent tiles. Resources cannot be harvested. Great Writers cannot be earned.

Unique Unit - Toa - Replaces the Swordsman. Has the Haka War Dance ability, which reduces the strength of adjacent enemies by 5.

Unique Infrastructure - Pa - Unique improvement, only buildable by Toa. Provides a defensive bonus to units fortified on it. Heals units that end their turns on it.

Unique Infrastructure - Marae - Replaces the Amphitheatre. Provides +2 culture and +2 faith to all passable features in the city, and +2 Tourism after flight. Costs no maintenance. Has no Great Work slots.

Now I'm annoyed at Canada, since this is the expansion where they're really willing to go big on crazy abilities.

highmodulus
Feb 16, 2011

Let's go crazy Broadway style!
No great works? Well guess you don't have to worry about Culture Victory then. . .

the holy poopacy
May 16, 2009

hey! check this out
Fun Shoe

highmodulus posted:

No great works? Well guess you don't have to worry about Culture Victory then. . .

They still get arts/music, and if I'm reading this correctly they can get +2 tourism for forests/jungles/swamps late game.

Magil Zeal
Nov 24, 2008

I'm given to understand the easiest way to Culture Victory is to Seaside Resort spam anyway, preferably with the Eiffel Tower/Cristo Redentor. Throw in other culture improvements + Flight where applicable.

Khagan
Aug 8, 2012

Words cannot describe just how terrible Vietnamese are.
Kia ora motherfuckers!!!

thanks alot assbag
Feb 18, 2005

BLUUUUHHHHHH
Wow, his animations are really expressive. I love it

Fhqwhgads
Jul 18, 2003

I AM THE ONLY ONE IN THIS GAME WHO GETS LAID
With how popular Baba Yetu is, I'd want to hear Kia Hora Te Marino now in the expansion.

DarkAvenger211
Jun 29, 2011

Damnit Steve, you know I'm a sucker for Back to the Future references.
Are there any solid mods that people recommend for the game right now? Has anyone tried that AI+ mod, it's pretty vague on what it actually does but an improved AI would be nice.

Negostrike
Aug 15, 2015

HIIIIIIII!!!

Pewdiepie
Oct 31, 2010

Magil Zeal posted:

It's the Maori. They have some very strong abilities, but they can't harvest resources. Rough trade-off.

Edit: Not being able to earn Great Writers also slows down the super min-maxer Deity strats which involve earning Great Writers and selling the great works to the AI for loads of gold. Kinda seems like a true anti-meta Civ.

Ridiculously strong civ. Free expensive classical era tech for no reason? Increased yields on everything? Unique swordsman unit that's a Roman legion except better? Wtf. Not being able to chop isn't important because magnus got nerfed again anyways.

Madmarker
Jan 7, 2007

Pewdiepie posted:

Ridiculously strong civ. Free expensive classical era tech for no reason? Increased yields on everything? Unique swordsman unit that's a Roman legion except better? Wtf. Not being able to chop isn't important because magnus got nerfed again anyways.

Oh I didn't realize Magnus had been nerfed again......what's it a 25% bonus now?

Roger Explosion
Jan 26, 2006

THAT'S SPECTACULAR.
I'm hype. Not bothering with great works and just getting flat culture bonuses seems like a pretty cool way to get a culture victory and getting a couple of pain-in-the-arse techs for free is amazing.

Towards the end of the video, you could also hear Pokarekare Ana which is a very very good song to have for a New Zealand Civ.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pewdiepie
Oct 31, 2010

Madmarker posted:

Oh I didn't realize Magnus had been nerfed again......what's it a 25% bonus now?

50% bonus to harvest and every single one of his other promotions that nobody took have also been nerfed/changed.