Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Cybernetic Vermin
Apr 18, 2005

Brother Entropy posted:

pewdiepie the person died long ago, all that's left is a brand that's good at emulating a person

one of the weird things about pewdiepie is that he's clearly very famous, but also entirely possible to avoid. like, i have never seen anything with Emma Watson in it, but i could draw her from memory because she's famous and therefore everywhere. pewdiepie i've heard of, and he is even famous within my sphere of interest, but i've never seen him or read/heard a word from him

progress of a kind i guess v:shobon:v

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DAD LOST MY IPOD
Feb 3, 2012

Fats Dominar is on the case

god boogie is the loving dumbest man alive

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

Cybernetic Vermin posted:

one of the weird things about pewdiepie is that he's clearly very famous, but also entirely possible to avoid. like, i have never seen anything with Emma Watson in it, but i could draw her from memory because she's famous and therefore everywhere. pewdiepie i've heard of, and he is even famous within my sphere of interest, but i've never seen him or read/heard a word from him

progress of a kind i guess v:shobon:v

I've still never heard despacito and I never will, god willing

FMguru
Sep 10, 2003

peed on;
sexually

Radio Spiricom posted:

imagine being so starved for culture that you think that video game youtube videos require creativity
The important cultural legacy embodied in some nerd wheezing for 90 minutes about the minute differences in country-specific packaging on Transformers G1 (Wave 4) toys.

Admiral Ray
May 17, 2014

Proud Musk and Dogecoin fanboy

Epic High Five posted:

Despacito is very catchy and good. If you don't like it, then you also won't like Gasolina.

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

A man becomes preeminent, he's expected to have enthusiasms.

Enthusiasms, enthusiasms...
Ergo all regaeton songs are the same but it's cool they are having fun I guess

A Gnarlacious Bro
Apr 25, 2007

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
that's racist

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal
Boogie's videos where he played Francis was so loving cringey.

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

Admiral Ray posted:

Despacito is very catchy and good. If you don't like it, then you also won't like Gasolina.

did it get remade, or are you talking about the timeless classic by Daddy Yankee?

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

(and can't post for 23 days!)

seiferguy posted:

Boogie's videos where he played Francis was so loving cringey.

turns out he really was just playing himself

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

A man becomes preeminent, he's expected to have enthusiasms.

Enthusiasms, enthusiasms...
Apparently jontron released a new video. I didn't bother checking

cumshitter
Sep 27, 2005

by Fluffdaddy
i watched a minute of pewdiepie once and it was just him loving up at some lovely looking shovelware game while shouting, "Haha! I died! I'm gonna rape you! Haha!" and i have never watched anything by him since

Zerg Mans
Oct 19, 2006

Admiral Ray posted:

it needs a 2nd verse and the ending is weird. First half is :discourse:

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon

cumshitter posted:

i watched a minute of pewdiepie once and it was just him loving up at some lovely looking shovelware game while shouting, "Haha! I died! I'm gonna rape you! Haha!" and i have never watched anything by him since

Kids are loving dumb

Rah!
Feb 21, 2006

Epic High Five posted:

lmao nerd

*trumo plays despacito via various high pressure piss streams (each one has a different pitch lern science libcuck), onto ur grave*

e: oh wrong thread

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JZj9rvnVd6U

divabot
Jun 17, 2015

A polite little mouse!
https://www.theguardian.com/cities/2018/dec/03/their-ideas-had-no-place-here-how-crete-kicked-out-golden-dawn

quote:

Militant activists also made the controversial decision to confront the group violently. In April 2018, Konstantinos and around 70 other anti-fascists organised a night attack on the Heraklion office. “We destroyed everything of value – the floors, the ceilings, the AC unit,” he says. “We think that was the final straw for them.”

Indeed, Golden Dawn packed up and left two weeks later.

i endorse this earnest, polite, civil and, above all, decorous discussion in the marketplace of ideas. it's an example to follow.

hackbunny
Jul 22, 2007

I haven't been on SA for years but the person who gave me my previous av as a joke felt guilty for doing so and decided to get me a non-shitty av
https://twitter.com/JammyTonk/status/1069368182740267011

Youtube is called Youtube and its slogan is "Broadcast Yourself" because it started as a dating site with video profiles

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

I had a Rwandan student live with me for a couple weeks before he could move into his dorms, and half of what he watched on youtube was songs in Kinyarwanda; so these guys are basically begrudging people for engaging with their own culture because they think of youtube as a turf that belongs to reaction streamers.

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Really the funniest thing about this "culture war" is that 99% of the people watching Hindi music videos will never be aware of it.

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

Pener Kropoopkin posted:

I had a Rwandan student live with me for a couple weeks before he could move into his dorms, and half of what he watched on youtube was songs in Kinyarwanda; so these guys are basically begrudging people for engaging with their own culture because they think of youtube as a turf that belongs to reaction streamers.

Just as they have with everything else that has driven them to fascism (other people enjoying their hobbies).

GoluboiOgon
Aug 19, 2017

by Nyc_Tattoo

Pener Kropoopkin posted:

Really the funniest thing about this "culture war" is that 99% of the people watching Hindi music videos will never be aware of it.

if they had half a brain, they would jump on the bollywood train to try to recruit people

*ben shapiro DESTROYS muslim liberal professor with LOGIC and BOLLYWOOD DANCE ENSEMBLE containing 500 DANCERS*

but they are nazis, so they are all out of brains

DAD LOST MY IPOD
Feb 3, 2012

i thought these people loved Aryans

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

According to a friend who teaches there, India does have a not-insignificant fascist movement.

DAD LOST MY IPOD
Feb 3, 2012

Antifa Turkeesian posted:

According to a friend who teaches there, India does have a not-insignificant fascist movement.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
https://twitter.com/jerryiannelli/status/1069697757286465542

Rah!
Feb 21, 2006

lmao

edit: also, notice that axe/scythe patch he's wearing, that the news hasn't mentioned? It seems like some nazi poo poo....

yup:

https://twitter.com/chargrille/status/1069389786970877952

Rah! has issued a correction as of 22:16 on Dec 3, 2018

Stexils
Jun 5, 2008

those cops want to be troops soooooo bad

Oldstench
Jun 29, 2007

Let's talk about where you're going.

Stexils posted:

those cops want to be troops soooooo bad

A very-not-insignificant percentage of SWAT and SWAT-lite cops are ex-military. Which helps explain some of the extreme militarization of these units. And their fascism.

Doktor Avalanche
Dec 30, 2008

Pener Kropoopkin posted:

Pewdipie morons waging a holy war against Bollywood fans and getting crushed without even getting noticed is a hilarious concept.

Darkman Fanpage
Jul 4, 2012
broward county sheriff department cops are always going around dressed in their tacticool gear

Darkman Fanpage
Jul 4, 2012
like i seen doughy no-necks buying slushies with full gear on then waddling out to sit in their squad suv

Grape
Nov 16, 2017

Happily shilling for China!

Alan Smithee posted:

Ergo all regaeton songs are the same but it's cool they are having fun I guess

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1qMYH1WM2gI

Grape
Nov 16, 2017

divabot posted:

https://www.theguardian.com/cities/2018/dec/03/their-ideas-had-no-place-here-how-crete-kicked-out-golden-dawn

i endorse this earnest, polite, civil and, above all, decorous discussion in the marketplace of ideas. it's an example to follow.

Cretans are hardcore motherfuckers, they're the Sicilians of the Greek world. Like they still have blood vendettas and poo poo. Other Greeks basically consider them like British people think of Highland Scots.
This is the island that when the Nazis parachuted onto it, old ladies were pitchforking them to death.

Also their accent is more like the Cypriot one, so they sound gruff and scary rather than like nasally sissies.

MizPiz
May 29, 2013

by Athanatos

Agreed, both regaeton and the smiths are bad

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug

Grape posted:

Cretans are hardcore motherfuckers, they're the Sicilians of the Greek world. Like they still have blood vendettas and poo poo. Other Greeks basically consider them like British people think of Highland Scots.
This is the island that when the Nazis parachuted onto it, old ladies were pitchforking them to death.

Also their accent is more like the Cypriot one, so they sound gruff and scary rather than like nasally sissies.

Grape
Nov 16, 2017

I'm like 99% sure this is a reenactment photo, but this is the kind of people the Nazis were dealing with on Crete.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

https://twitter.com/_blackcongress/status/1069632536043765760?s=19

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

The dedication, done during the height of Jim Crow as one of many monuments erected for the purpose of terrorizing minorities

quote:

The present generation, I am persuaded, scarcely takes note of what the Confederate soldier meant to the welfare of the Anglo Saxon race during the four years immediately succeeding the war, when the facts are, that their courage and steadfastness saved the very life of the Anglo Saxon race in the South – When “the bottom rail was on top” all over the Southern states, and to-day, as a consequence the purest strain of the Anglo Saxon is to be found in the 13 Southern States – Praise God.

I trust I may be pardoned for one allusion, howbeit it is rather personal. One hundred yards from where we stand, less than ninety days perhaps after my return from Appomattox, I horse-whipped a negro wench until her skirts hung in shreds, because upon the streets of this quiet village she had publicly insulted and maligned a Southern lady, and then rushed for protection to these University buildings where was stationed a garrison of 100 Federal soldiers. I performed the pleasing duty in the immediate presence of the entire garrison, and for thirty nights afterwards slept with a double-barrel shot gun under my head.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

https://twitter.com/nathanTbernard/status/1069733512994086912?s=19

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

morningdrew
Jul 18, 2003

It's toe-tapping-ly tragic!

Out having the time of my life with all my friends. They're just out of frame, etc