Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

fizzymercury
Aug 18, 2011

Turtlicious posted:

those numbers almost literally mean nothing and you're so stupid for not getting that. literally nothing can help someone who is fat besides a poo poo ton of loving therapy, and the sooner gross people like you clue in and start telling fat people to get therapy rather than like, a million dieting tips that helps absolutely 0, because healthy weight loss happens with a nutritionist, and a personal trainer, and good mental health. Not because you read the made up numbers corporations make up to get you to buy their food.

ask me about losing 100lbs.

E: put 120, but then i realized i mathed wrong.

Well poo poo. I was going to start exercising and not eating like a bear prepping for winter, but I can't do it without an elite team of professionals. Guess I'll just have to wait until a unicorn delivers my bag of leprechaun money so I can afford all that.

You're gatekeeping being healthy and it's weird.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

ASK ME ABOUT MY
UNITED STATES MARINES
FUNKO POPS COLLECTION

Aramek posted:

It's super thick and full of protein so it fills you up

:pervert:

CrRoMa
Nov 12, 2017

by R. Guyovich
You know what's great for losing weight

Eating only healthy food
Exercising every day
Sleeping 8 hours minimum per night
Water, loads of it

All quite easy but the problem is there are only 2 actual tangible reasons to lose weight - 1. Self satisfaction and 2. To gently caress better looking people and neither is particularly satisfying long term unless you are the kind of self involved prick who can coast along on self satisfaction oblivious to how onnoxoius you appear to other people

I loving hate exercising, healthy food, sleep and water but you do genuinely feel better mentally and physically if you do all 4 as required.

That or you can just seek out hookers and live off pizza and cocaine. Doesn't sound bad really.

Aramek
Dec 22, 2007

Cutest tumor in all of Oncology!

Let's all get stuffed.

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth

fizzymercy posted:

Well poo poo. I was going to start exercising and not eating like a bear prepping for winter, but I can't do it without an elite team of professionals. Guess I'll just have to wait until a unicorn delivers my bag of leprechaun money so I can afford all that.

You're gatekeeping being healthy and it's weird.

I'm offering low low rates on being a "personal trainer" and "nutritionist" if you just need to rubber stamp this thing.

Paperwork's 90% of the battle these days.

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo
Lol obvioisly being mentally healthy is important to just about any long term endeavor including weight loss and subsequently maintenance of a healthy weight but

1. Not all fat people are depressed or otherwise mentally ill
2. You still gotta watch calories after you get your issues sorted

I have never, ever seen a “calories are bullshit maaaaan” person successfully lose weight. I assume it can happen with a massive forced lifestyle change like going to boot camp or something but watching calories is easier imo. I say watch and not count because as long as you’re aware of calorie content and serving size you don’t HAVE to track everything you it, although it’s helpful to do so

Aramek
Dec 22, 2007

I'm fat because I live like Hedonism Bot. I should probably quit doing that.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Calories are kind of bullshit, but limiting calories works anyway.

Agent355
Jul 26, 2011

Calories are actually the most important thing. People really like to get tied up in a fats vs carbs vs proteins conversation and dick wave over whole wheat bread vs white but the truth is if you just eat less calories you'll lose weight. The hard part is that's way easier said then done and the people who just parrot poo poo like 'fat people are just lazy' have absolutely no clue.

Tubgoat
Jun 30, 2013

by sebmojo
PHUO: Anyone who can see what's going on in the world and has not yet killed themselves is not mentally well.

ToxicSlurpee
Nov 5, 2003

-=SEND HELP=-

Pillbug

CrRoMa posted:

You know what's great for losing weight

Eating only healthy food
Exercising every day
Sleeping 8 hours minimum per night
Water, loads of it

All quite easy but the problem is there are only 2 actual tangible reasons to lose weight - 1. Self satisfaction and 2. To gently caress better looking people and neither is particularly satisfying long term unless you are the kind of self involved prick who can coast along on self satisfaction oblivious to how onnoxoius you appear to other people

I loving hate exercising, healthy food, sleep and water but you do genuinely feel better mentally and physically if you do all 4 as required.

That or you can just seek out hookers and live off pizza and cocaine. Doesn't sound bad really.

There's a third. It's health. For some people, anyway. The betus and high blood pressure exist in my gene pool like crazy. Even without that being obese or higher does very bad things to you and the heavier you get the worse it is. Being overweight doesn't really hurt you but obesity does. I, for one, would prefer to not have my kidneys, pancreas, and heart poo poo themselves in my early 50's, thanks. A very good way to avoid developing those problems is to not overeat in the first place. Right now I'm in the low end of overweight and trying to lose a few pounds.

CrRoMa
Nov 12, 2017

by R. Guyovich
I dont consider health because i only see 2 extremes - people who just don't care and eat snoke and drink to excess and accept they might have a heart attack at 50 and people who live clean, pure, healthy lifestyles because prolonging your miserable time on this earth to its maximum seems to be an actual life goal for people.

ToxicSlurpee
Nov 5, 2003

-=SEND HELP=-

Pillbug

CrRoMa posted:

I dont consider health because i only see 2 extremes - people who just don't care and eat snoke and drink to excess and accept they might have a heart attack at 50 and people who live clean, pure, healthy lifestyles because prolonging your miserable time on this earth to its maximum seems to be an actual life goal for people.

I'm not worried about prolonging my time to its absolute maximum so much as I am not making it suck more than I have to. If I can avoid the betus by having not awful eating habits then screw it, let's not have the betus.

Pastry of the Year
Apr 12, 2013

Tubgoat posted:

PHUO: Anyone who can see what's going on in the world and has not yet killed themselves is not mentally well.

You're going to die eventually, and until your own personal body is well and truly on fire, there is a buffet of pleasures (small and big, but mostly small) that make individual moments/hours/days worth living, so opting to miss out on them because of a (however accurately) pessimistic long view is also not the decision of a mentally well person.

doverhog
May 31, 2013

Defender of democracy and human rights 🇺🇦

Tubgoat posted:

Everyone dies, some sooner than others. There is no end goal. I truly believe climate change will cause conflict approaching "WW3" within my lifetime. Before that happens though, I can still eat rear end, listen to music, conference with Bideo James, maybe read a book if I'm feeling adventurous, etc.

Aramek
Dec 22, 2007

I only ever love me.

Y'all should do the same, it owns.

Being sad does nothing for you, so don't feel those feelings.

ShortyMR.CAT
Sep 25, 2008

:blastu::dogcited:
Lipstick Apathy
I think anime is alright, cool ranch doritos are the best dorito flavor, velveta is weird, mayonaise is good, and people who don't like hot sauce are weird. And Losing weight is for dorks!

*loses 80lbs over a 2 year period*

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Losing weight is easy if you just do it. Doing it is the hard part. Buy Nikes.

Just Do It.
*swoosh

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo

ShortyMR.CAT posted:

I think anime is alright, cool ranch doritos are the best dorito flavor, velveta is weird, mayonaise is good, and people who don't like hot sauce are weird. And Losing weight is for dorks!

*loses 80lbs over a 2 year period*

I’m weirded out by the utter revulsion goons seem to have towards ranch and mayo. I can get not liking it or preferring good home made stuff but mention them here and people act like they’re a revolting decadence.

ShortyMR.CAT
Sep 25, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
I guess the idea of Mayo is kinda gross if you think about it. Its essentially Oil and eggs spread. But I like oil and I like eggs! So it's a win win!

CrRoMa
Nov 12, 2017

by R. Guyovich
I dont get the mayo hate, some people just can't stand the taste texture or feel of it and its really quite inoffensive, its not the best condiment and i only really use it for tuna or egg mayo but it has its place.

Mustard though i love but i can understand if people don't want near it

Ommin
Apr 5, 2006
I like to watch CinemaSins and Honest Trailers for all the movies I'm curious about but don't want to watch. It's like Cliff's Notes with commentary notes to use in conversation to "prove you watched it."
Unpopular opinions (apparently): Life is worth living, the world is actually a beautiful place, being healthy is a positive act, people can enjoy whatever they want, and regardless of the inherent nihilism on this site you all have value and I respect you.

Also, decorating for any/ all holidays is a waste of time and resources. I love celebrating holidays, but why do I have to temporarily redecorate my house inside and out?

ShortyMR.CAT
Sep 25, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Ommin posted:

Unpopular opinions (apparently): Life is worth living, the world is actually a beautiful place, being healthy is a positive act, people can enjoy whatever they want, and regardless of the inherent nihilism on this site you all have value and I respect you.

:hmmyes:

Ommin posted:

Also, decorating for any/ all holidays is a waste of time and resources. I love celebrating holidays, but why do I have to temporarily redecorate my house inside and out?

Woah woah woah. Mom? Who bought you an account? Who let you out of your NO FUN ZONE.

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

ASK ME ABOUT MY
UNITED STATES MARINES
FUNKO POPS COLLECTION

seasonal practices are good, and natural. We used to have to do things based on the seasons, but now because of horror dystopian capitalist hellscape, every month can be identical to every other. It's terrible, it's just another thing that unmoors us from anything that could give our lives any sense of stability or connection to anything larger.

So yeah, decorate for Christmas. Have a Cadbury Creme Egg on Easter, watch spooky movies in October. Hell, get excited for PSLs coming back. do whatever you can to reconnect with the natural cycle of the seasons. Years pass, things are cyclical, you will die. Remember and embrace it.

Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

What's with the eh... bretonnian dance, sir?

Ommin posted:

The world is actually a beautiful place

This one is patently untrue though.

Tubgoat
Jun 30, 2013

by sebmojo
PHUO: Colorful lights kick rear end and should be up year 'round unless it's impractical in your current living situation, either because of visibility or power consumption. Likewise spooky movies etc.

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

Tubgoat posted:

PHUO: Colorful lights kick rear end and should be up year 'round unless it's impractical in your current living situation, either because of visibility or power consumption. Likewise spooky movies etc.

Agreed. I have a big cabinet that slowly, randomly cycles light colours on each of four shelves and it’s the best part of my house.

VideoGameVet
May 14, 2005

It is by caffeine alone I set my bike in motion. It is by the juice of Java that pedaling acquires speed, the teeth acquire stains, stains become a warning. It is by caffeine alone I set my bike in motion.
Losing weight is hard but the odds of keeping it off are incredibly slim.

If you lose a lot of weight, here's what you'll find out:

1. Hunger will be a constant companion. Get used to it.

2. Your metabolism won't return to normal. even with daily exercise. Exercise anyway.

Lost 140lbs 22 years ago, have kept over 100 of that off.

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

Can you be an alcoholic and lose weight

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo

Mu Zeta posted:

Can you be an alcoholic and lose weight

If you’re poor enough to have to choose between booze and food

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

A shot of vokda or gin only has like 70 calories. That's not too bad.

yeah I eat ass
Mar 14, 2005

only people who enjoy my posting can replace this avatar
I've had days where I've had over 2k calories in straight liquor alone, they add up fast if you're a degenerate. If you wait long enough though you'll probably start losing weight real fast thanks to the various cancers and organ failures that await you.

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

Wheat Loaf posted:

I think it's because the things I dislike about them are what other people tend to like about them.

The fact that Petrucci can play a million notes a minute is impressive from a technical standpoint but it doesn't really do anything for me; I'm sure it probably means something to other people but I just can't imagine what.

It's cool in small doses to watch or listen to somebody who is just extremely proficient at what they do. Whole albums of shredding are usually boring but when I'm in the mood for it, it can be really enjoyable in a way that's slightly different from enjoying most music.

Dream Theater were at one point in their career able to write decent songs that also incorporated their extreme technicality. In recent years they've really fallen off in that department. Their last album seemed to be a response to that criticism, with all the songs being really short and serving more as a background to what I'm pretty sure is the worst rock opera story ever written.

Caufman
May 7, 2007
The cosmos is pretty, but sometimes I still put a paper bag over parts of it.

Why dog poop bags come in clear is unknown to me.

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Your life and your quest end here.

Agents of Mayhem actually isn't bad.

It really suffers from the obvious comparison to Saints Row, and it throws too much at you too quickly so it's a bit hard to get into, but once you start unlocking extra characters and working out which abilities suit your play style it's actually quite fun.

The dialogue is atrocious though. The entire Saints Row series has great dialogue and fun characters and this game is just trying so hard to do the same thing and failing miserably. The cast is too big so the characters don't have room to develop, so instead of the humour arising from interactions between them it's just each individual being wacky basically on their own. And the voice acting is weird; like, I think they wanted the characters to have distinctive accents but also to be really easy to understand, so everyone speaks in this really precise way all the time.

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo

Caufman posted:

The cosmos is pretty, but sometimes I still put a paper bag over parts of it.

Why dog poop bags come in clear is unknown to me.

Some dog people, especially “surrogate child” dog people, have the same thing as new parents where they think everyone cares about their babby’s poops

Aramek
Dec 22, 2007

Clear bags makes it easier to see your fingers so you can pick up the poop more accurately.

That said, I use blue ones, because I pull grass and Earth up with it just in case.

yeah I eat ass
Mar 14, 2005

only people who enjoy my posting can replace this avatar
I wish the default poop bag was a lot thicker. I hate feeling the heat of a massive dog turd.

also they should genetically engineer a dog with hands/opposable thumbs so they can pick it up themselves.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

That's a raccoon.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

ASK ME ABOUT MY
UNITED STATES MARINES
FUNKO POPS COLLECTION

mindfulness is a scam