Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

Darth TNT posted:

True. But while not quite clear from my post, with wildly uneven I'm also referring to the power disparity between the two. So far we were led to believe that at some point these two were near enough in power to have a stalemate. Yet, here we see mostly the demon clan dominating.

well don't forget that mael had escanor's bullshit power before when he was an archangel. 2 of the archangels lost to him technically, not the demons. meliodas also worked against the demons for a while

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mraagvpeine
Nov 4, 2014

I won this avatar on a technicality this thick.
How many chapters are left until Baki is fully translated?

Angry Grimace
Jul 29, 2010

ACTUALLY IT IS VERY GOOD THAT THE SHOW IS BAD AND ANYONE WHO DOESN'T REALIZE WHY THAT'S GOOD IS AN IDIOT. JUST ENJOY THE BAD SHOW INSTEAD OF THINKING.
Aharen-san wa Hakarenai makes me laugh every time.

The world will be afflicted with muscle pain.

Also Aharen showing up as an absolute unit.

Darth TNT
Sep 20, 2013
Sorry Rizu lovers, today is Uruka day.

Progress!
I love how he forgot how to swim again....or maybe swimming with clothes on did this since he only practiced in comfy and easy to wear swimshorts.

Ibblebibble
Nov 12, 2013

Uruka nooooooooo :( At least she did something.

Nearly forgot, new Gotoubun a couple of days ago. Looks like Fuutarou is finally going to learn the secret of telling the girls apart properly.

Mulderman
Mar 20, 2009

Did someone say axe magnet?
Current mood:

Cipher Pol 9
Oct 9, 2006

Mulderman posted:

Current mood:

Hell yeah.

Man this chapter was a roller coaster of comedy and feelings. Even as a Fumino Diehard it's hard not to feel sorry for Uruka, she's suffering so much

But oh man Fumino though, did you see how cute she was sitting all close to Nariyuki and glancing at him, oh god my heart

Ibblebibble
Nov 12, 2013

Cipher Pol 9 posted:

Hell yeah.

Man this chapter was a roller coaster of comedy and feelings. Even as a Fumino Diehard it's hard not to feel sorry for Uruka, she's suffering so much

But oh man Fumino though, did you see how cute she was sitting all close to Nariyuki and glancing at him, oh god my heart

:3:

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream
The latest Jump Start, Chainsaw Man is about as insane and edgy as you can expect from the Fire Punch mangaka- to the point I question why it's in Weekly Jump. Literally the violence is so intense the only way it seems to have made standard is because they made it look like a contrast filter to where all of the guts and viscera are black.

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

Next chapter:

Yuiga: wow, Uruka must be really serious about learning overseas customs!

edit: Part of me is actually wondering if they're going to go through with her leaving and basically writing her out of the "competition."

edit2: As a side comment, I like how We Never Learn treats his sister like a lunatic

Ytlaya fucked around with this message at 02:34 on Dec 2, 2018

Mulderman
Mar 20, 2009

I think siscon poo poo is loving gross. But I can tolerate it in this series. Mostly because Yuiga is having non of it.

Tarezax
Sep 12, 2009

MORT cancels dance: interrupted by MORT
The brother sister relationship in Kaguya is much better. You get a real good sense that while their pride gets in the way, they really care for each other as siblings. And there is no hint of romantic intentions whatsoever.

Mulderman
Mar 20, 2009

https://twitter.com/pkjd818/status/1069246844591497216
We never learn PV

Paracelsus
Apr 6, 2009

bless this post ~kya
PV has a criminal lack of Mafuyu.

Darth TNT
Sep 20, 2013

Ytlaya posted:

Next chapter:

Yuiga: wow, Uruka must be really serious about learning overseas customs!

edit: Part of me is actually wondering if they're going to go through with her leaving and basically writing her out of the "competition."

edit2: As a side comment, I like how We Never Learn treats his sister like a lunatic

Part of me as well. I can't imagine this type of Manga doing it, but it feels like it might. Her having been introduced last doesn't help.

Regarding the preview: I'm not feeling it. I think I'll stick to the Manga.
Also considering the recent reveals about Funino that part of her groveling on the ground feels a bit harsh.

Bad Seafood
Dec 10, 2010

If you must blink, do it now.
I am happy to report Chainsaw Man is actually about a man wielding a chainsaw, as advertised. Who then becomes the chainsaw.

Title on point.

Bad Seafood fucked around with this message at 18:05 on Dec 3, 2018

chefscientist
Mar 23, 2007

#1 Cockeyed Ghost fan

Bad Seafood posted:

I am happy to report Chainsaw Man is actually about a man wielding a chainsaw, as advertised. Who then becomes the chainsaw.

Title on point.

It was great! Something relateable (debt) something weird and full circle for the character. Im very interested where this goes.

Angry Grimace
Jul 29, 2010

ACTUALLY IT IS VERY GOOD THAT THE SHOW IS BAD AND ANYONE WHO DOESN'T REALIZE WHY THAT'S GOOD IS AN IDIOT. JUST ENJOY THE BAD SHOW INSTEAD OF THINKING.
The entire plot is resolved with Kogarashi throwing a single punch yet again. I mean, I guess I appreciate the fact that these power level antics are generally resolved in a single panel but it's a bit too on-the-nose with One Punch Man, innit?

In any case, you could say Kogarashi has a new harem member but she was always in the harem. The real harem he got was probably the entire Ninja Village since it's apparently populated entirely by cute girls.

Alder
Sep 24, 2013

I'm super confused with the latest Black Clover arc and the elves. Does it get better? It's a shame since I liked the manga but I'm easily confused :thunk:

Angry Grimace
Jul 29, 2010

Paracelsus posted:

PV has a criminal lack of Mafuyu.

She's basically just the designated fanservice character though. I can't really remember the last time Ogata did basically anything other than fanservice either, though, and she's basically a main character.

Angry Grimace
Jul 29, 2010

Nagatoro

Chadpai strikes again - he not only stole the entire group of popular girls from the cool guys, he's adding girls he doesn't even know

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
i want to achieve immortality through not dying
upgraded his teasing foursome to a fivesome, does this utter stallion have no limits

Angry Grimace
Jul 29, 2010

Sindai posted:

upgraded his teasing foursome to a fivesome, does this utter stallion have no limits

The only named person in that entire group (the entire series, even) is Nagatoro.

Also, technically this girl isn't new, she is in the first chapter, she just stopped appearing until now for whatever reason.

Angry Grimace fucked around with this message at 00:18 on Dec 4, 2018

SpazmasterX
Jul 13, 2006

Wrong about everything XIV related
~fartz~

Alder posted:

I'm super confused with the latest Black Clover arc and the elves. Does it get better? It's a shame since I liked the manga but I'm easily confused :thunk:

What are you not understanding? All of the Golden Dawn (and then some) were collected because they're reincarnations of elves slaughtered by humans. The Midnight Sun was collected to be used as sacrifices to revive the elves. They're now trying to get their hands on the remaining magic stones to complete the spell and permanently incarnate. Asta can revert the spell, but obviously can't be everywhere at once, so the remaining magic knights are presently fighting to knock out who they can and prevent them from obtaining the final magic stone in the king's throne.

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012

Angry Grimace posted:

The only named person in that entire group (the entire series, even) is Nagatoro.

Nah, the blond chick with the twin tails is named Yoshi.

Relin
Oct 6, 2002

You have been a most worthy adversary, but in every game, there are winners and there are losers. And as you know, in this game, losers get robotizicized!
i read all of firepunch. it was really stupid but fun to see where the story would go next. the way the dialogue in chainsawman is written seems directed at little kids, which contrasts strongly with the content. compare it with something like HXH heh

Mikl
Nov 8, 2009

Vote shit sandwich or the shit sandwich gets it!

SpazmasterX posted:

What are you not understanding? All of the Golden Dawn (and then some) were collected because they're reincarnations of elves slaughtered by humans. The Midnight Sun was collected to be used as sacrifices to revive the elves. They're now trying to get their hands on the remaining magic stones to complete the spell and permanently incarnate. Asta can revert the spell, but obviously can't be everywhere at once, so the remaining magic knights are presently fighting to knock out who they can and prevent them from obtaining the final magic stone in the king's throne.

Regarding this: I really like how all characters shine in their own way, and it's not the protagonist doing all the work like in other manga (*cough*Naruto*cough*).

(Mereoleona is best girl.)

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

So I'm catching up with Hatsukoi Zombie, and this series should end with Tarou just rejecting both actual human girls and living his life as an incel who is in love with his own delusion.

I feel bad for Ebino, because she's been doomed this entire time, despite being much better than Ibusuki.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

I still believe in Ebino.

Darth TNT
Sep 20, 2013

Angry Grimace posted:

She's basically just the designated fanservice character though. I can't really remember the last time Ogata did basically anything other than fanservice either, though, and she's basically a main character.

I know. Rizu fans have it really hard. :(

Ibblebibble
Nov 12, 2013

I believe. I believe that Rizu will come through and be more than a tiny titbot.

:negative:

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

Ytlaya posted:

So I'm catching up with Hatsukoi Zombie, and this series should end with Tarou just rejecting both actual human girls and living his life as an incel who is in love with his own delusion.

I feel bad for Ebino, because she's been doomed this entire time, despite being much better than Ibusuki.
How far in are you?

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

Captain Invictus posted:

How far in are you?

The point where his sister talked with his dad. The main thing is that it seems to be setting Ebino up as "someone who could move on from being rejected," while Ibusuki is being portrayed as someone who would have their entire life wrecked by it. Ibusuki also gives a clear avenue for Eve having a "happy ending."

I just have trouble imagining them pulling off an Ebino ending, even though she's better.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
First rule of romcoms or romance series with multiple potential love interests: the best girl never wins. There's only one series I can think of where they did, the one with the crossdressing boy and the "ice queen" girl who just had a severe phobia of men

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

The World God Only Knows maybe didn't have the best girl win (which was at least a two way tie), but it did have the correct one win. I can accept that.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
Yeah honestly the most "appropriate" girl won in twgok even if I disagree

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.
She was always the right girl, and the second best girl overall

Yui is the best girl.

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!

Fabricated posted:

The latest Jump Start, Chainsaw Man is about as insane and edgy as you can expect from the Fire Punch mangaka- to the point I question why it's in Weekly Jump. Literally the violence is so intense the only way it seems to have made standard is because they made it look like a contrast filter to where all of the guts and viscera are black.

my understanding is the current jump EIC has been pushing to expand the magazine beyond shonen battle, harem comedy, and sports

it's why we have stuff like Neverland, Act Age, and now this

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.

Captain Invictus posted:

First rule of romcoms or romance series with multiple potential love interests: the best girl never wins. There's only one series I can think of where they did, the one with the crossdressing boy and the "ice queen" girl who just had a severe phobia of men

Shukan Shounen Hachi and Jitsuwas both had best girl win.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Allarion
May 16, 2009

がんばルビ!

Blockhouse posted:

my understanding is the current jump EIC has been pushing to expand the magazine beyond shonen battle, harem comedy, and sports

it's why we have stuff like Neverland, Act Age, and now this

I mean we had Death Note several years ago, and Bakuman after that. Jump's pretty willing to experiment and stick with things at times as long as it basically hits a big home run right away. As for grittier shonen more recently, I'd argue that's more the influence of Attack on Titan being such a big success that the industry has had to re-evaluate some of their standards for shonen, hence why a bunch of Jump Starts opened their first chapter with a child being brutally murdered, including Neverland.