Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Maybe he'll become MACK RIDER again whenever he has to order agents to murder the poo poo out of bad guys.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Doggles
Apr 22, 2007

Rhyno posted:

Maybe he'll become MACK RIDER again whenever he has to order agents to murder the poo poo out of bad guys.

Now I'm imagining the writers of Agents writing Mack as if he's comic book Nick Fury. :allears:

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo

Doggles posted:

Now I'm imagining the writers of Agents writing Mack as if he's comic book Nick Fury. :allears:

They already did that tho

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

Doggles posted:

"The Shield Ramrod" is totally the nickname he picked himself and nobody uses.

counterfeitsaint
Feb 26, 2010

I'm a girl, and you're
gnomes, and it's like
what? Yikes.
I’m looking forward to shields transition to a simple, moral lifestyle guided by the only book they need, just like the new director declared they should last season.

homullus
Mar 27, 2009

counterfeitsaint posted:

I’m looking forward to shields transition to a simple, moral lifestyle guided by the only book they need, just like the new director declared they should last season.

According to Leviticus, you can't mix two attack types in the same weapon -- the shotgun axe is a sin.

Aleph Null
Jun 10, 2008

You look very stressed
Tortured By Flan

counterfeitsaint posted:

I'm pretty sure he's gonna get shook.

SardonicTyrant
Feb 26, 2016

BTICH IM A NEWT
熱くなれ夢みた明日を
必ずいつかつかまえる
走り出せ振り向くことなく
&

counterfeitsaint posted:

I feel like that bit where a man should not lay down with a Ghost Rider yada yada is a bit dated.

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

Mack will be a different man as leader. He won't be as big of a fan of the Bible as he once was. The only person who will notice the change is Deke, and nobody will believe him.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Biggest change under Director Mack will be the shotgun/ax will be standard issue.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Rhyno posted:

Biggest change under Director Mack will be the shotgun/ax will be standard issue.

Mack will double down on this and carry two everwhere he goes.

Skye will have four.

Apprentice Dick
Dec 1, 2009
THAT'S NOT HER NAME

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Have they ever said how much of the Daisy revamp was planned ahead?

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

muscles like this! posted:

I don't care what they claim, that poo poo was ham fisted and came way out of left field.

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.
My guess is they knew what they wanted to do but probably not the specifics of how they get there.

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

Kheldarn posted:

Mack will be a different man as leader. He won't be as big of a fan of the Bible as he once was. The only person who will notice the change is Deke, and nobody will believe him.

I want everyone to treat Deke like he was erased from the timeline, even when he’s standing right there next to them.

Slashrat
Jun 6, 2011

YOSPOS

muscles like this! posted:

I think I missed this somewhere along the line. What revamp have they announced?

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo

Slashrat posted:

I think I missed this somewhere along the line. What revamp have they announced?

She's becoming a Chinese pop star for some reason

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

My incredible goodposting transcends time and space but still it cannot transform the xbone into a good console.
Lipstick Apathy

Slashrat posted:

I'm pretty sure they're talking about Skye becoming Daisy/Quake.

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

CAPT. Rainbowbeard posted:

But that’s not her name :(

Slashrat
Jun 6, 2011

YOSPOS

Ah right, so just gripes about season 2 back ages ago.

Considering that they set up her father in the stinger of season one already, I suspect they settled on the idea that she would become Quake during that, if not at the start of the series. They telegraphed pretty heavily that she was special all along, and I remember it being a popular prediction that she would turn out to be Quake even before the reveal, so it's difficult to argue that it came out of nowhere.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

I just finished a rewatch of Season 1 and its pretty obvious from relatively early on that they're setting up the idea that Sky is an Inhuman. Like its not overt but the Kree are introduced super early with TAHITI, Reina and Garrity are talking all about change and evolution and what's inside Sky, and they set up her dad at the end of the season. Plus they establish the whole "baby being hunted by monsters/the monsters are her parents" origin story way early.

Like I could buy that at that point they knew they planned to make her an Inhuman and super hero and had the broad story notes in mind but didn't know it would be Daisy/Quake. I don't know how you'd prove that one way or another. But the basic story they told is definitely being set up way early.

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

My incredible goodposting transcends time and space but still it cannot transform the xbone into a good console.
Lipstick Apathy
Yeah, they set up a LOT in that first season that all the cool kids noped out on and refused to re-evaluate.

Blazing Ownager
Jun 2, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Slashrat posted:

Considering that they set up her father in the stinger of season one already, I suspect they settled on the idea that she would become Quake during that, if not at the start of the series. They telegraphed pretty heavily that she was special all along, and I remember it being a popular prediction that she would turn out to be Quake even before the reveal, so it's difficult to argue that it came out of nowhere.

My theory is that they always planned for Skye/Daisy to get powers, but originally planned her to get them from the alien healing drug she was given. Just a guess.

Yeah, they set up a LOT in that first season that all the cool kids noped out on and refused to re-evaluate.

The first season is immensely better when you know where it's going.

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

I guess that I don't need that though
Now you're just some QB that I used to know
I am currently rewatching season 4 and I loving love Clark Gregg's performance as framework Coulson. The whole "whoa, thats so cool!" at simple things like code phrases is hilarious and genuine.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Yeah, this is my first rewatch (I think) of the first season and its kind of remarkable how much I didn't pick up on the first time that becomes really clear on a rewatch.

Its why I'm really happy to give them the benefit of the doubt that they planned to make Skye and Reina Inhumans all along. There's a TON in that first season from early on that sets it up and fits perfectly with where they went so if it was a late decision then its one that was either really close to what they were planning in the first place or they just did a tremendous job making it fit. But I'm happy to assume that its not just coincidence that they dropped the Kree into the story way early, Skye's origin was always filled with "monsters" and "084", and Reina was always obsessed with "gifts" and "change".

Invalid Validation
Jan 13, 2008

I don’t care how stupid they shoehorn him in but I want villain Ward back.

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

Invalid Validation posted:

I don’t care how stupid they shoehorn him in but I want villain Ward back.

I want him, and Framework Hero Ward back.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Going back it remains shocking what a terrifying, depraved, skin crawling monster Ward is. Especially when he's trying to justify his actins to Skye and win back her heart. Like, I had a visceral reaction.

I'll accept Ward back if only because some people haven't had the chance to call him a Nazi and shoot him yet.

OptimusWang
Jul 9, 2007

STAC Goat posted:

Going back it remains shocking what a terrifying, depraved, skin crawling monster Ward is. Especially when he's trying to justify his actins to Skye and win back her heart. Like, I had a visceral reaction.

I'll accept Ward back if only because some people haven't had the chance to call him a Nazi and shoot him yet.

Totes agree, but Ward’s turn in the first season was one of the best moments on the show. If only we could get Bill Paxton to start chewing the scenery again :smith:

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

The whole transformation of Ward in S1 is really something else. To the depraved monster who tries to convince Skye he's right to just gradually showing him as a pathetic husk who kills his dog/FItzSimmons because he's told to. He's just Garrett's mindless drone and when Garrett goes all Kree crazy and starts telling Ward to just do whatever he wants Ward basically has a panic attack that he doesn't have any orders to justify his actions. And then when he confronts Skye again she's just completely dismissive of him as Garrett's joke of a lackey.

I can never, ever like or enjoy Ward because of that but it really is an amazing character arc that there was no way to see coming at all. And I accept his constant returns as long as its always guaranteed to begin with people throwing up in their mouths and end with him getting shot.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
Thank god the writers on this show never gave any glimmer that Daisy would forgive Ward because of loooooooooooove. Nope, she takes the first opportunity to empty a clip into him.

HUGE SPACEKABLOOIE
Mar 31, 2010

twistedmentat posted:

Thank god the writers on this show never gave any glimmer that Daisy would forgive Ward because of loooooooooooove. Nope, she takes the first opportunity to empty a clip into him.

This was a great scene

Phylodox
Mar 30, 2006

College Slice

OptimusWang posted:

If only we could get Bill Paxton to start chewing the scenery again :smith:

Cast Bill Pullman as his even eviler brother, Jack Garrett.

Blazing Ownager
Jun 2, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

twistedmentat posted:

Framework Ward was cool though. RIP, Framework Ward. May your brain be put into a robot some day.

ED: Another day, another lovely avatar someone's slapped me with :lol:

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.
Framework Ward also being a double agent was still so good.

Aleph Null
Jun 10, 2008

You look very stressed
Tortured By Flan

Dexo posted:

Framework Ward also being a double agent was still so good.

Recruited by Agent Hand, the same agent he murdered in cold blood in the real world.

counterfeitsaint
Feb 26, 2010

I'm a girl, and you're
gnomes, and it's like
what? Yikes.
Let’s face it, the first time they telegraphed that Skye was going to be a special magic girl with a tragic past and special powers was when they announced a Whedon was involved in the project.

Darth Brooks
Jan 15, 2005

I do not wear this mask to protect me. I wear it to protect you from me.

Phylodox posted:

Cast Bill Pullman as his even eviler brother, Jack Garrett.

I have some bad news for you...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Phylodox
Mar 30, 2006

College Slice

Darth Brooks posted:

I have some bad news for you...

...?

He's not dead, though.