Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ElwoodCuse
Jan 11, 2004

we're puttin' the band back together
Definitely passing on that for $200. Way too small interiors. I'd rather save towards assembly Square if I'm already in for that much

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.
200 is a lot this is true. And the interiors may be small. But I, for one, literally never open my modulars after building them, so the facade is the only important aspect. It’s a solid exterior, so we will see...

Scipiotik
Mar 2, 2004

"I would have won the race but for that."

Feenix posted:

200 is a lot this is true. And the interiors may be small. But I, for one, literally never open my modulars after building them, so the facade is the only important aspect. It’s a solid exterior, so we will see...

yeah agreed, the interior is fun during the build itself, but once that's done i'm far more likely to stick spider man hanging off it while batman runs across the roof than make anything inside.

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

Well, of course I know him.
He's me.

:laugh:

asecondduck
Feb 18, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

Ha! I missed that on the photo. That's a great touch.

Scipiotik
Mar 2, 2004

Not a huge fan of the vet on a second floor. Might just turn that into another apartment, and put the vet in a different building.

https://brickset.com/article/40442/review-10264-corner-garage

Brickset guy got an early copy and built and reviewed it if you want more interior shots. Also the colors pop more in his photos I feel.

Scipiotik fucked around with this message at 17:09 on Dec 3, 2018

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."

Nice.

Loxbourne
Apr 6, 2011

Tomorrow, doom!
But now, tea.
Despite what Brickset say in their review, that building is recognisably based on a real one in West London (or the style of same). It's a nice touch, and I'll be grabbing this one happily.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."

Loxbourne posted:

Despite what Brickset say in their review, that building is recognisably based on a real one in West London (or the style of same). It's a nice touch, and I'll be grabbing this one happily.

Do you mean this one in Chelsea? That’s what it made me think of too.

Scipiotik
Mar 2, 2004

yeah, it's vanishingly rare for gas stations in america to have anything a second or third floor. Even in crowded cities they usually are just like in the suburbs.

MaliciousOnion
Sep 23, 2009

Ignorance, the root of all evil

Scipiotik posted:

Not a huge fan of the vet on a second floor. Might just turn that into another apartment, and put the vet in a different building.

https://brickset.com/article/40442/review-10264-corner-garage

Brickset guy got an early copy and built and reviewed it if you want more interior shots. Also the colors pop more in his photos I feel.

brickset posted:

There's no sticker sheet -- everything is printed!

Ultimate Mango
Jan 18, 2005

I am sssssooooooooo getting little mango the ninjago City docks for Christmas.

Mrs Mango May very well divorce me.

Beachcomber
May 21, 2007

Another day in paradise.

Slippery Tilde

Yiggy posted:

That cat better be central to the plot.

The cat is Spider-Man.

w00tazn
Dec 25, 2004
I don't say w00t in real life
Decided to use my laser cutter to make Tom Alphin's Lego Technic Ruler and Sorting Tool:
Took me two attempts to get it right but I think it turned out awesome.

Tom's design can be found here: http://tomalphin.com/2014/02/lego-ruler-and-sorting-tool.html

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Good thing he included the 2 stud beam and 0° angles. Wouldn't want to screw up and grab the wrong part.

I kid, I kid. that's pretty neat.

Habibi
Dec 8, 2004

We have the capability to make San Jose's first Cup Champion.

The Sharks could be that Champion.
Barnes and Noble currently has a 50% off promo on a bunch of sets. $35 Fire Mech at just about 3¢/p? Don't mind if I do!

SocketWrench
Jul 8, 2012

by Fritz the Horse
Leaning toward killdozer territory
https://www.barnesandnoble.com/w/to...n=0673419264594

Carbohydrates
Nov 22, 2006

Listen, Mr. Kansas Law Dog.
Law don't go around here.
Savvy?
The modular garage is theoretically great. It meshes well with my classic cars, the colors are great, and I love the rolling door and lift functions. It just doesn't really excite me in the way that past modulars have. I'm definitely not getting that "gotta have it" feeling like I did with Parisian and Assembly.

Pyroclastic
Jan 4, 2010

After I learned Killdozer's actual background (looks like he removed the full-length video and locked it up behind Patreon), it's much less fun.

Hackjack
Apr 1, 2013
Just bought the Brickheadz Little Mermaid, and for whatever reason the printed "bra" piece doesn't really work well to me.

Does anyone have any part recommendations for a brick-built alternative way to make that seashell bra?

Lizard Combatant
Sep 29, 2010

I have some notes.
I real like the garage, it's a good addition to the American side of the street (aka Hill Valley circa 1955)

Attestant
Oct 23, 2012

Don't judge me.
I don't want modulars.

I don't have room for modulars.

I love the 50s aesthetic they're going for.

:negative:

Beachcomber
May 21, 2007

Another day in paradise.

Slippery Tilde
I'm on a workation to London and last night they had a show called Lego Masters or something. They made some cool stuff, but they missed their chance to call it The Great British Brick Off. They even used some of the same music.

Fatkraken
Jun 23, 2005

Fun-time is over.

Beachcomber posted:

I'm on a workation to London and last night they had a show called Lego Masters or something. They made some cool stuff, but they missed their chance to call it The Great British Brick Off. They even used some of the same music.

Great Brickish Make-off :colbert:

Chris Knight
Jun 5, 2002

me @ ur posts

Fun Shoe
https://twitter.com/nita_great/status/1069160551991861248

deoju
Jul 11, 2004

All the pieces matter.
Nap Ghost
Found in another thread...

Nth Doctor
Sep 7, 2010

Darkrai used Dream Eater!
It's super effective!

deoju posted:

Found in another thread...

The Hydraulic Press Channel is one of Finland's best exports.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1ySReBNDJBg

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

Am I crazy or does this brown stud just sit on top of the mug? The actual stud bit is too skinny for the mug.

(Day 6 of the City Advent Calendar)

Shit Fuckasaurus
Oct 14, 2005

i think right angles might be an abomination against nature you guys
Lipstick Apathy

The_Doctor posted:

Am I crazy or does this brown stud just sit on top of the mug? The actual stud bit is too skinny for the mug.

I don't have the advent calendar but modern mugs fit the antistud, not the stud. The 1x1 should be face up in the mug.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

Plastik posted:

I don't have the advent calendar but modern mugs fit the antistud, not the stud. The 1x1 should be face up in the mug.

Oh, hmm, I'll have to see when I get home.

Nth Doctor
Sep 7, 2010

Darkrai used Dream Eater!
It's super effective!

The_Doctor posted:

Here's how a guy did it

Panzerschwein
May 8, 2009

sboobs
Mine just sat loose and it didnt fit when you flip it over to the anti-stud.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

Panzerschwein posted:

Mine just sat loose and it didnt fit when you flip it over to the anti-stud.

Yeah, exactly. It doesn't fit over the top on the anti-stud, it's not wide enough.

Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.
Is that reality show really entertaining? I hear people saying their whole family enjoyed it, young and old, so I assume that means if I don’t care about reality tv format, I might still enjoy it, as a child might.

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

Pyroclastic posted:

After I learned Killdozer's actual background (looks like he removed the full-length video and locked it up behind Patreon), it's much less fun.

Please share with the class because I'm not giving this dude money to watch his poorly constructed video.

Scipiotik
Mar 2, 2004

I saw the mini bundle speed champions is supposed to retail for $50 and now I'm not interested it until it firesales because no one is going to buy it for the mini when it should have been a standalone $15 set at most.

ivantod
Mar 27, 2010

Mahalo, fuckers.

Scipiotik posted:

I saw the mini bundle speed champions is supposed to retail for $50 and now I'm not interested it until it firesales because no one is going to buy it for the mini when it should have been a standalone $15 set at most.

Yep, $50 is what it looks like:

This certainly puts it the "wait for sale" category for me too since it just doesn't make sense to pay that kind of price (and for me even more, being in Europe) for a set where I only care about one small(ish) part of it.

That JCW Buggy is butt-ugly, for real.

ivantod fucked around with this message at 20:48 on Dec 6, 2018

Ika
Dec 30, 2004
Pure insanity

Hopper posted:

Not in the big citys like Berlin or Munich, but check on mydealz and search for lego. Marktkauf is selling them off cheap in some places apparently.

I'll have to check my local one, they were selling off the star wars one for 10 euros last year.

3 Action Economist
May 22, 2002

Educate. Agitate. Liberate.

s.i.r.e. posted:

Please share with the class because I'm not giving this dude money to watch his poorly constructed video.

He's a goon and his videos are awesome.

But the gist is, the guy was an unreasonable rear end in a top hat who tried to screw people over and, when it didn't work, went insane and caused a lot of havoc.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MaliciousOnion
Sep 23, 2009

Ignorance, the root of all evil

ivantod posted:

Yep, $50 is what it looks like:

This certainly puts it the "wait for sale" category for me too since it just doesn't make sense to pay that kind of price (and for me even more, being in Europe) for a set where I only care about one small(ish) part of it.

That JCW Buggy is butt-ugly, for real.

To be fair, so is the real thing