Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

Tsaedje posted:

Honda: famously British

The Japanese are actually an industrious people who are quite good at building reliable cars unlike the British.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester
Oct 3, 2000
Up until the 60s there were British companies, at least in the motorcycle industry, who were capable of undertaking R&D, QA, and mass manufacturing on a large scale which produced products which were well designed and reliable by the standards of the day. At some point they just got tired and had some tea and a nap and haven't woken up yet.

djssniper
Jan 10, 2003

Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester posted:

Up until the 60s there were British companies, at least in the motorcycle industry, who were capable of undertaking R&D, QA, and mass manufacturing on a large scale which produced products which were well designed and reliable by the standards of the day. At some point they just got tired and had some tea and a nap and haven't woken up yet.

British bikes were renowned for being giant oil leaks

Tsaedje
May 11, 2007

BRAWNY BUTTONS 4 LYFE

1500quidpoocati posted:

The Japanese are actually an industrious people who are quite good at building reliable cars unlike the British.

The same British who just won both world championships? Or is there another Britain?

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

Tsaedje posted:

The same British who just won both world championships? Or is there another Britain?

With the Austrian team principle and Austrian non executive director?

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

I read a hilarious article today about how Ford and GM are ending small car production because no one is buying them, but strangely the Japanese manufacturers are not having this problem.

Tsaedje
May 11, 2007

BRAWNY BUTTONS 4 LYFE

1500quidpoocati posted:

With the Austrian team principle and Austrian non executive director?

Neither of whom designed or built the car???

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

Tsaedje posted:

They oversee the project and team.

Red Bull have a British person as team principle and they have all sorts of reliability issues :thunk:

Tsaedje
May 11, 2007

BRAWNY BUTTONS 4 LYFE
This is a dumb attempt at an argument even for this thread

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

I’m not wrong.

Tsaedje
May 11, 2007

BRAWNY BUTTONS 4 LYFE
I'm not even sure you know what you're claiming not to be wrong about at this point.

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

Mercedes sidepods

Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester
Oct 3, 2000

Tsaedje posted:

I think this is a pretty valid thing to argue about. Who has better management, Germans or Britons? I also think the conclusions are clear.

Tsaedje
May 11, 2007

BRAWNY BUTTONS 4 LYFE

The Kimoa Kid posted:

Mercedes sidepods

But what nationality are they? And does that have a bearing on other sidepods of the same nationality?

Frond
Mar 12, 2018

The Kimoa Kid posted:

I read a hilarious article today about how Ford and GM are ending small car production because no one is buying them, but strangely the Japanese manufacturers are not having this problem.

It turns out when you consistently build crap for 25 years people get turned off, even if the Cruze/Focus are good cars now.

Literally Lewis Hamilton
Feb 22, 2005

BubbaGrace posted:

You need more than a GFI unless you are ok with the risk of butt bacteria cross contaminating your water supply.

What are you on about

Thanks Ants
May 21, 2004

#essereFerrari

You don't shove the bidet tap up your shitpipe

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

and then the car turned in to fire

Thanks Ants posted:

If you've never used a bidet before you probably do.

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

Thanks Ants posted:

Who made you the boss of what people can shove up their butts?

Literally Lewis Hamilton
Feb 22, 2005

I have even considered a travel bidet. That good.

Wirth1000
May 12, 2010

#essereFerrari
I just ripped a massive chili and sushi infused fart and it just instantly stank up my general area like it's loving foul rancid. I'm fairly certain there was material with that blast the sort of fart you'd do in the middle of the night and startle yourself awake. Holy God Almighty smells like I ate a loving corpse like I need to make an appointment with my doctor ASAP for a GI tract analysis.

I need a bidet.

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

Who the gently caress has one day in which they eat both chili and sushi

You Am I
May 20, 2001

Me @ your poasting

The Kimoa Kid posted:

Probably me back in my 20s.

Wirth1000
May 12, 2010

#essereFerrari

The Kimoa Kid posted:

I had chili for lunch and sushi for dinner. Come at me.

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

and then the car turned in to fire

Wirth1000 posted:

I just ripped a massive chili and sushi infused fart and it just instantly stank up my general area like it's loving foul rancid. I'm fairly certain there was material with that blast the sort of fart you'd do in the middle of the night and startle yourself awake. Holy God Almighty smells like I ate a loving corpse like I need to make an appointment with my doctor ASAP for a GI tract analysis.

I need a bidet.

:hmmyes:

Carth Dookie
Jan 28, 2013

Wirth1000 posted:

No one cares how Red Bull treated Renault, god it's water under the bridge.

Pirate Radar
Apr 18, 2008

You're not my Ruthie!
You're not my Debbie!
You're not my Sherry!
I was just reading about Attack Mode and briefly considered trying to watch the FE race coming up but then remembered that the Fanboost is also still a thing so nah

BubbaGrace
Jul 14, 2006

big crush on Chad OMG posted:

What are you on about

You must have a back flow device installed on the water feed to the bidet between the main trunk and the fixture to prevent the possibility of contaminating the potable water supply. In most cases a vacuum breaker would suffice.

Source: Me, ASSE Certified.

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

I'm rear end certified too

BubbaGrace
Jul 14, 2006

The Kimoa Kid posted:

I'm rear end certified too

That was obvious from your posting resume, sir.

Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester
Oct 3, 2000
#TeamLH44

Carth Dookie
Jan 28, 2013

Still blows my mind he was stupid enough to do that. I mean yeah a big cat is still a big. Cat. But they're also predators and occasionally maim and kill people, even professionals paid to handle them. Like I've had house cats most of my life and I recognise that the only reason they haven't killed and eaten me is because I'm bigger, and even then I've caught them giving me the eye and clearly considering it.

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

I own a tiny dog and that dude is my best bud but gently caress if I’d ever trust him for more than a second with anyone else. The guys retarded and has no understanding that animals are loving wild beasts that will fly off the handle especially when startled.

Wirth1000
May 12, 2010

#essereFerrari
Whole lot of racism in here. Sorry that your bourgeois sport has been thoroughly owned by a black man.

Literally Lewis Hamilton
Feb 22, 2005

BubbaGrace posted:

You must have a back flow device installed on the water feed to the bidet between the main trunk and the fixture to prevent the possibility of contaminating the potable water supply. In most cases a vacuum breaker would suffice.

Source: Me, ASSE Certified.

2018: the year everyone ate rear end
2019: drink rear end??

poty
Jun 21, 2008

虹はどこで終わるのですか? あなたの魂の中で、または地平線で?

Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester posted:

Some conspiracy theorists are saying that a certain other country with a big car industry was jealous and worried about competing with British motoring, so they made Britain secretly sabotage those companies as a condition for joining the EU in 1973. I think it sounds crazy, but I have to admit that the math checks out.

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh

1500quidpoocati posted:

I own a tiny dog and that dude is my best bud but gently caress if I’d ever trust him for more than a second with anyone else. The guys retarded and has no understanding that animals are loving wild beasts that will fly off the handle especially when startled.

I got two spanials and a chihuahua x yorkie and guess which one is a monumental pain in the arse?
Did have a Chinese crested powderpuff for years and she would go for anyone who wasn’t me or the children if they got too close to us. - to be fair she did give warning it’s just that she was so tiny no one took her seriously until after they picked her up and found her teeth sinking in.

McGuinty
Feb 11, 2008

Where's the nearest golf course? I have to shit.
What is up with all the psycho animals itt? I grew up with two consecutive dogs as well as a cat and they were all chill as hell around strangers. Both of the dogs would bark a little when people pulled in the yard but then when they could see that we were in no danger, it was suck up for belly rubs time. It’s a good thing we didn’t expect them to be guard dogs because they would have been useless.

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

What did you say the strategy was?

McGuinty posted:

What is up with all the psycho animals itt?

I don't appreciate being called that

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Theophany
Jul 22, 2014

SUCCHIAMI IL MIO CAZZO DA DIETRO, RANA RAGAZZO

2022 FIA Formula 1 WDC

poty posted:

Some conspiracy theorists are saying that a certain other country with a big car industry was jealous and worried about competing with British motoring, so they made Britain secretly sabotage those companies as a condition for joining the EU in 1973. I think it sounds crazy, but I have to admit that the math checks out.

The British motor industry, summed up: